Republicans may never win an election again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
Based on what the 2020 election showed us.

Take a look at Texas.

Less than a million votes and Biden would've taken it.

Here's the electoral map from 2020 with Texas blue.

If Republicans lose Texas, they're screwed for the foreseeable future.

Newjak
Originally posted by Klaw

Take a look at Texas.

If Republicans lose Texas, they're screwed for the foreseeable future. It won't be that easy.

The GOP still control very gerrymandered states like Texas at local/state government level and they'll play hard ball to stay in power. The sad part is their voting base will ignore these power grabs because they only care about winning.

Klaw
Originally posted by Newjak
It won't be that easy.

The GOP still control very gerrymandered states like Texas at local/state government level and they'll play hard ball to stay in power. The sad part is their voting base will ignore these power grabs because they only care about winning.

I hate gerrymandering.

It's scummy as hell and anti-democratic.

Blakemore
I hate gerrymandering.

It's scummy as hell and anti-democratic. Lobbyists should have the right to gerrymander!

Free dumb!

cdtm
It won't be that easy.

Plus generally speaking, the right are more consistent voters. Took a Donald Trump to bring the Democrats out in force, but that probably won't be true next election. Without a good boogie man, fact is many may just decide to stay at home and not bother with the mail in's.

Blakemore
Dolan was Hoover 2.0

Newjak
Originally posted by cdtm
Plus generally speaking, the right are more consistent voters. Took a Donald Trump to bring the Democrats out in force, but that probably won't be true next election. Without a good boogie man, fact is many may just decide to stay at home and not bother with the mail in's. There's a little more to it than that.

Typically democrats are urban voters and many GOP controlled states make it super hard to vote in the cities. For instance voting times are much harder to hit in Urban areas where large numbers of people can get jammed into long lines before work.

These types of things make it highly highly inconvenient this year mail in ballots made it a lot easier to get around the GOPs' normal suppression game plan.

Honestly I think that day should just become federal holiday.

Blakemore
There's a little more to it than that.

Typically democrats are urban voters and many GOP controlled states make it super hard to vote in the cities. For instance voting times are much harder to hit in Urban areas where large numbers of people can get jammed into long lines before work.

These types of things make it highly highly inconvenient this year mail in ballots made it a lot easier to get around the GOPs' normal suppression game plan.

Honestly I think that day should just become federal holiday. or have it the day before thanks giving

Robtard

Take a look at Texas.

If Republicans lose Texas, they're screwed for the foreseeable future.

God willing and they really did it to themselves, which is just the best part.

But as Newjack noted, it won't be that easy, due to gerrymandering and Republicans love of enacting voter restricting law.

Texas flipping Blue will still likely happen at some point. Could potentially even happen in the next two election cycles, which would be super duper.

They lost Arizona in 2020 as predicted. Lets see if they're able to take it back in 2024.

StyleTime
Originally posted by cdtm
Plus generally speaking, the right are more consistent voters. Took a Donald Trump to bring the Democrats out in force, but that probably won't be true next election. Without a good boogie man, fact is many may just decide to stay at home and not bother with the mail in's.
Don't forget that Republicans in some states, like GA, are actively making it harder to mail in vote.

Online voting is being trial ran in a some places though, so the future of elections is going to be interesting going forward though.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StyleTime

Online voting is being trial ran in a some places though,

Its actually surprising we dont just all vote on our phones.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
Don't forget that Republicans in some states, like GA, are actively making it harder to mail in vote.

Online voting is being trial ran in a some places though, so the future of elections is going to be interesting going forward though.

Funny you mention actively making voting harder for people. I recently read an article that answered the question of why absentee voting is more important to push now then in, say, 2004. The article cited Covid as a reason, of course, but it also said the voting cohort had changed.

It very blatantly went on to say in 2000-2004 most people who needed mail in votes were seniors who voted Republican, and would get to the polls no matter what, so they didn't need them at all.

Combine that with an article from the New York Times from 2004:

https://archive.is/XChgE

Very. VERY interesting.

You won't find articles like that from the NYT now. Instead, nearly all articles are promoting the security of ballots, and how it supports ones right to vote.

Pretty much a silver bullet example of why the Times is considered in the tank for the Democrats, as far as I'm concerned.

BackFire
I dunno, while Texas is slowly trending blue, and will probably eventually become a blue state, other states are trending red, namely Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan. If those turn red in the future then, while dems will still have the advantage, it won't be the blowout victories you'd think with them having texas.

Blakemore
Boden won't lose the rust belt.

Mightywhitey
JSl2tmK4JLU

Blakemore
6VixqvOcK8E this is golden

Newjak
Originally posted by BackFire
I dunno, while Texas is slowly trending blue, and will probably eventually become a blue state, other states are trending red, namely Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan. If those turn red in the future then, while dems will still have the advantage, it won't be the blowout victories you'd think with them having texas. I live in Ohio. One of the big reasons it's trending red is that it is so gerrymandered the GOP just get to push all the objectives and narratives through at the state level. Slowly creating conservative stronghold in the process.

It sucks to be a part of.

Mightywhitey
"Is Jesus Christ crucified in the fourth spacial dimension?"

-Michio Kaku

Blakemore
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its actually surprising we dont just all vote on our phones. nice idea but a lot of people don't have that privilege, besides the fact that some nerds could hack the app.

Aahkilles!
Originally posted by Mightywhitey
"Is Jesus Christ crucified in the fourth spacial dimension?"

-Michio Kaku src

8PMcRNRtuHs

11:20

Aahkilles!
He says that at 11 min 20 sec into that video

Thor's?

Aahkilles!
Originally posted by Aahkilles!
src

8PMcRNRtuHs

11:20 thots!?

& By thots I mean slender, not dumb breasts, intelligent teens that aknow my stoooorey

Aahkilles!
Knock on my door I don't leave it to choice, chance, or chase

I leave it to fixed

Aahkilles!
6MCOWMEHDS4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.