David Collins (The Guest) vs Robert McCall (Equalizer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Robert has noticed something off about David and suspects him of planning something, David takes notice of Robert's presence as well, they both get ready to fight it out, battle takes place at the school where Robert has come to protect the kids from "The Guest".

1. Fist-Fight.

2. Gunfight.

3. Knife Fight.

4. All-out, anything goes, prep time for both sides.

Some stuff for people unfamiliar with David:
UGjAJzyCfjA
gKK3dFDoqQ0
qVac_M4P8g0
ERcpB53eJ3k

I don't really need to remind anyone of Robert I feel.

Who wins?

John Murdoch
I just remember my wife watching the Guest a few years back, and how the Downton Abbey guy (Dan Stevens, the actor portraying David) was someone not to be messed with. Surprising role.

However, just for the sake of commenting, I don't see too many modern action heroes outside of superhero films taking down Bob in h2h or a knife fight. Don't know about guns, though his background and time using a pistol in Equalizer II shows he was plenty proficient.

KingD19
He snipes a guy firing a nail gun from the hip in the first movie. I'd say he's plenty good with guns lol.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by KingD19
He snipes a guy firing a nail gun from the hip in the first movie. I'd say he's plenty good with guns lol.

Hahaha yes that is true. Celeborn wasn't long for this world once he got in McCall's sights.

KingD19
Hahah yeah Robert McCall is essentially what would happen if the Limitless pill was solely for combat and espionage purposes.

Jmanghan
IMO David could take Guns but likely loses H2H.

He's got incredible strength if we're considering that he carried those two full-size kegs, the average weight of a full keg being 140-160 pounds (72.8 kg.)

That said we didn't get enough H2H feats from him, it's safe to assume he's likely very skilled in H2H but we've only really seen him beat up teenagers, jocky teenagers yes, but still teenagers.

That said he's pretty damn good with a gun, so is the Equalizer, but not enough to make me think he could reliably take down David.

He took down that firing squad with a handgun while initially having the drop on him and having him holed up in a house.

Robtard
Never seen The Guest (2014), while watch.

Psychotron
The Guest is a better movie, so I'm going with David. In all seriousness, David is superhuman and can walk off things that ordinary people cannot (like crashing into another speeding car). McCall has better skill feats, but I don't think he can get past David's physical superiority.

jaden_2.0
The Guest was one of my favourite movies of that year. Very underrated. Ends at the most overly elaborate high-school Halloween party venue in history.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Robtard
Never seen The Guest (2014), will watch. Great movie, a good twist on the whole "action movie" formula.

"What would you do if Jason Bourne wanted to murder you?" lol

Psychotron
It's more of a Halloween/Terminator mash up horror-thriller than an action movie.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Psychotron
It's more of a Halloween/Terminator mash up horror-thriller than an action movie. Oh I know, I meant more of "what if an action movie protagonist was the villain."

The last fight in the school is one of my favorite scenes in any movie, I think it's meant to be a very heavy audio-visual experience as well. The whole thing is very aesthetically pleasing.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Oh I know, I meant more of "what if an action movie protagonist was the villain."

The last fight in the school is one of my favorite scenes in any movie, I think it's meant to be a very heavy audio-visual experience as well. The whole thing is very aesthetically pleasing.

Definitely. The soundtrack is great and it pre-dates the synthwave fad.

Robtard
Great movie, a good twist on the whole "action movie" formula.

"What would you do if Jason Bourne wanted to murder you?" lol

Watched it last night, was good.

Thanks for making me aware of the film, j

Jmanghan
Watched it last night, was good.

Thanks for making me aware of the film, j Np, buddy. Glad you liked it.

Opinions on the match-up?

Robtard
Np, buddy. Glad you liked it.

Opinions on the match-up?

I'd give it to David, he was a super-soldier of sorts and ex special forces too boot.

Old Man Whirly!
I'd give it to David, he was a super-soldier of sorts and ex special forces too boot. But McCall's built in fight computer makes him a borderline superhuman too. His is much better than Sherlock Holmes calculating precog was. This is close, I liked the Guest a lot.

Robtard
I gave it to David for his coordination, strength and speed advantages.

But yeah. I'd not say David walks up and wipes the floor with McCall.

Old Man Whirly!

But yeah. I'd not say David walks up and wipes the floor with McCall. if McCall has seen him fight would it help his inbuilt combat computer. I think so, as basic knowledge is expected about each others abilities, I see this 60/50

Jmanghan

But yeah. I'd not say David walks up and wipes the floor with McCall. I mean the whole "super-soldier" thing is legitimate, he was indeed experimented on to be a force of nature on the field, but in terms of on-screen feats he is very lacking when compared to McCall, at least in the H2H department.

David wins guns, but I don't think he wins H2H, imo. At least not with what he's displayed. He only really beat up teenagers for pretty much the entire movie, and against the adults it was entirely shootouts.

McCall wipes out groups of hardened gangster adults in about 20 seconds while they're armed and he's unarmed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.