1995 Johnny Cage vs 2021 Kano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
With all the MK matchups going on in the forum, let's pit Linden Ashby's Johnny Cage from Paul W.S. Anderson's Mortal Kombat against Josh Lawson's Kano from Simon McQuoid's Mortal Kombat 2021.

Round 1: the sand pit from Raiden's sky temple in MK 2021.
Round 2: the Netherealm from '95 MK.

- H2H only in round 1.
- Kano has unlocked his eye laser for round 2.
- Johnny has his $500 sunglasses in both rounds.

FIGHT!

FrothByte
I'm pretty sure Johnny Cage is a far more legitimate fighter than Kano. He completely beats up Kano in pure h2h.

With Kano's eyebeams then he has a puncher's chance, though I'm still inclined to give Cage the majority of wins especially if fight starts in close distance.

Robtard
Both rounds: Cage does the splits and punches Kano in the balls.

Psychotron
Johnny takes this. He beat Scorpion and Goro, an undead ninja spectre with magic powers and a physical powerhouse respectively. Kano may have a laser eye, but Johnny has his shadow kick in the 95 movie.

carthage
Cage slaughters Kano with ease

John Murdoch
Thanks for the responses gentlemen! I agree with the consensus; while Kano was one of MK 2021's (surprise) best characters, and had some decent durability, Cage ought to be able to handle him. Cage has him is skill, agility, possibly strength, and wits. If Sonya was able to kill Kano and cause havoc with her trailer home, Johnny will have a field day when they go to the Netherealm, as he didn't skip a beat getting transported into Scorpion's home field and using scaffolding and that shield to kombat and defeat Scorpion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.