He-Man and Masters of the Universe: Revelation (Netflix)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
https://collider.com/masters-of-the-universe-revelation-netflix-animated-series-release-date-images/

Looks fun. Am ready for this return.

riv6672
The animation looks solid.
Way better than...
https://i.ibb.co/QjrxyVC/26-B194-C6-643-A-42-B2-95-B1-9-A654569-EE0-B.jpg

But anyhow, I like how they managed to make Orko look less...Orko.

Ridley_Prime
Aye.

Oh yeah, Mark Hamill voices Skeletor in this.

Darth Thor
Dope.

And cool it being a sequel means any feats from the original (theres a lot of crazy ones), plus this new series count.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Aye.

Oh yeah, Mark Hamill voices Skeletor in this.

Double dose of Dope.

Ridley_Prime
81wyj65SJIo

Looks fire.

BruceSkywalker
looks decent

riv6672
Fun!

Robtard
81wyj65SJIo

Looks fire.

Sweet

ares834
Just read some spoilers on this... Holy shit. laughing out loud

Let's just say, I'm glad I've never given a shit about this series.

Ridley_Prime
Huh...

https://i.imgur.com/PRvXflN.png

Haven't seen the spoilers. Show looked fun from the trailers but I didn't have any particular expectations from it. Will judge for myself though whenever I see it.

ares834
Not at all a surprise if what I read was true. Regardless of the shows quality, many fans would be pissed.

BruceSkywalker
watched the 1st 2 episodes

1st episode was decent, while 2nd one could've and should've been better

Darth Thor
Its not what youd expect. A LOT less He-Man than youd assume. A pretty grim and dark show. But has a hell of a cliffhanger.

Also only 5 episodes so far, so nothing to get pissed about until we see where it ultimately goes.

cdtm
Kevin Smith influence is less 80's show and more comic I'd imagine. DC 2012 had the grim dark tone, and He-Man was nowhere to be seen for a vast majority of the first 10 issue series, and only had prominence in the final issue.

And the more recent Masters of the Universe/Thundercats had Prince Adam run through by Mum-Ra and bleed out. Lion-O was essentially the main hero of the story.

snowdragon
WEEEEE She-Ra 2 lol.

Old Man Whirly!
Great show.

cdtm
They referenced Teela originally being the sorceress in the first toy comics.

Adam_PoE
Huh...

Right-wing YouTube channels have been spreading disinformation about the series for weeks leading up to its debut, which encouraged trolls to review bomb the audience reviews.

The fact that it debuted in the Netflix Top 10 worldwide, its soundtrack is climbing the charts, and has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and fans is all you need to know.

Results talk, the rest is just noise.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cdtm
They referenced Teela originally being the sorceress in the first toy comics.

Cant be certain but I seem to remember the original series hinting the sorceress is her mother

cdtm
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Cant be certain but I seem to remember the original series hinting the sorceress is her mother

Yes, that came later on. In the toy mini comics, it started off with Teela being constantly retooled, from a blonde Red Sonja ripoff to a snake themed sorceress. Eventually the bestie of Adam and Sorceress we're familiar with were established as separate people, both named Teela, and related unbeknownst to captain of the guard Teela.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Right-wing YouTube channels have been spreading disinformation about the series for weeks leading up to its debut, which encouraged trolls to review bomb the audience reviews.

The fact that it debuted in the Netflix Top 10 worldwide, its soundtrack is climbing the charts, and has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and fans is all you need to know.

The debut ranking is clearly due to the "BAIT AND SWITCH" that took place with the first trailer. There is no "REVIEW BOMBING" taking place. If that is the standard was that taking place with She-Ra and the disparity between the Rotten Tomatoes reviews and fan commentary?

Nemesis X
I'm sure alot expected the same 'ol "how do we stop Skeletor today" schtick but you can't always do the same crap forever even if some moments are absolute ****ing depressing. I like this mature direction they took with it. The side characters having their moment (though I felt Teela being too tryhard imo), the villains actually having a brain, and the meta parts where they reflect on the cheesy dialogue they said in the older cartoon is funny. Overall, I give a thumbs up.

cdtm

So all the negative reviews are a conspiracy?

Okayyyy... The capital riots were Antifa in disguise!

Why not? Food for the goose my friend.

Adam_PoE
So all the negative reviews are a conspiracy?

Okayyyy... The capital riots were Antifa in disguise!

Why not? Food for the goose my friend.

Read them. "kEvIn SmItH lIeD! iT's A bAiT aNd SwItCh! It'S tHe TeElA sHoW! i HaVe NeVeR wAtChEd Or CaReD aBoUt He-MaN bEfOrE nOw, BuT yOuTuBe ToLd Me To Be MaD!"

BruceSkywalker
I've watched all 5 episodes... kevin smith is a bastard and his he-man is atrociously and horribly really bad. no idea why he did what he did.

Kento
I really enjoyed the show. And the cliffhanger makes me want more just to see where it goes.

cdtm
Read them. "kEvIn SmItH lIeD! iT's A bAiT aNd SwItCh! It'S tHe TeElA sHoW! i HaVe NeVeR wAtChEd Or CaReD aBoUt He-MaN bEfOrE nOw, BuT yOuTuBe ToLd Me To Be MaD!"

What parts are lies through?

Teela is most definitely the main character as of the first five episodes. She is the Raiden to Solid Snake.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I've watched all 5 episodes... kevin smith is a bastard and his he-man is atrociously and horribly really bad. no idea why he did what he did.

Prove it with specifics.

Ridley_Prime
I ended up liking this but can see why others wouldn't. I can definitely see how this show would piss off some older fans, particularly with the ending twist, but I still enjoyed it enough. I liked them leaving room for character growth for the other Masters of the Universe (it's in the series' name). Like yeah, a lot of the focus went to Teela, whom I didn't have a problem with particularly and was always underdeveloped before, but others you could argue got as much development here if not more. Orko was the MVP if you ask me.

Maybe some just wanted this He-Man to be like the 80's and have every episode be a Skeletor scheme of the week and see how He-Man stops him, but it's 5 episodes; you do what you can with that and I liked the different direction. As aforementioned, you can't just always do the same shit forever. You don't have to approve of everything that was done in the show either, but for a fresh direction and continuation, the status quo had to be shaken up somehow.

For how grittier this was than you would normally expect from He-Man, I found there were still some lighthearted moments too. There was even a callback to some of the cringy puns that they used to make in the 80's which the show was self-aware of.

But yeah, I look forward to more whenever part 2 for this series comes.

cdtm
I ended up liking this but can see why others wouldn't. I can definitely see how this show would piss off some older fans, particularly with the ending twist, but I still enjoyed it enough. I liked them leaving room for character growth for the other Masters of the Universe (it's in the series' name). Like yeah, a lot of the focus went to Teela, whom I didn't have a problem with particularly and was always underdeveloped before, but others you could argue got as much development here if not more. Orko was the MVP if you ask me.

Maybe some just wanted this He-Man to be like the 80's and have every episode be a Skeletor scheme of the week and see how He-Man stops him, but it's 5 episodes; you do what you can with that and I liked the different direction. As aforementioned, you can't just always do the same shit forever. You don't have to approve of everything that was done in the show either, but for a fresh direction and continuation, the status quo had to be shaken up somehow.

For how grittier this was than you would normally expect from He-Man, I found there were still some lighthearted moments too. There was even a callback to some of the cringy puns that they used to make in the 80's which the show was self-aware of.

But yeah, I look forward to more whenever part 2 for this series comes.

I like it too.

Teela getting development is probably the most original thing they're doing. He-Man dies, charactere die, Adam seemingly dies again, Skeletor has a scheme that actually works and gains him ultimate power, that is essentially being ripped off from the various comics over the years.

Which is good, the comics were awesome.

samhain
I don't really know why everyone's crying over this, seems like the 'New Coke' scam to me. They'll plaster Adam all over the 2nd half of the season I would think. If not, then yeah, Kevin Smith probably is a liar, but I doubt they won't include He-Man, especially after all this.

cdtm
Originally posted by samhain
I don't really know why everyone's crying over this, seems like the 'New Coke' scam to me. They'll plaster Adam all over the 2nd half of the season I would think. If not, then yeah, Kevin Smith probably is a liar, but I doubt they won't include He-Man, especially after all this.

We'll probably see more of him, but I'm pretty certain Teela as the "main character" is here to stay.

Not "The Hero". Just the character we follow.

That is NOT a bad thing, it's actually brilliant. Teela is the perfect character to tell the epic stories, without being tied down to epic characters.

Note she hasn't really saved the day herself. Orko got to be the hero, Man at Arms got to he the hero, He-Man got to be the hero. Teela is the one who watched them do it, and the one who filters it to us.

It's an interesting move.

Patient_Leech
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51C29BIra3L._AC_SX385_.jpg

Insane Titan
This was awful. It was clearly aimed at the woke and weak minded to appease their needs.

Kento
Originally posted by Insane Titan
This was awful. It was clearly aimed at the woke and weak minded to appease their needs. confused What was woke about it?

Insane Titan

cdtm
Kento asked a perfectly reasonable question.

Easily answered too.

Insane Titan

Kento
blink Like, Teela being a MC doesn't make something woke. Evil-Lyn makes the allusion of Teela having a thing for Adam or He-Man, so not having a lesbian female lead. Man At Arms, and He-Man are beasts not inept. Adam, despite his looks isn't some wimpy kid. What's so 'woke' about it? Grayskull being black? Or Teela's friend? Two minor characters that literally do nothing to go out of their way to make them amazing because of that? So again not woke in that regard.

-Pr-

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

-Pr-

Insane Titan

-Pr-

-Pr-
And that goes for anyone else too. There's a fair bit of controversy around the show, and people are allowed what to think what they want. All I ask is that you be civil while you put forth your opinions.

samhain
I didn't get too much of a cringy, woke vibe from this show at all, I seem to remember King Randor being a bit of a fool in the original series and none of the other men are really yeeted to any extent. Seen some reviews which talk about the 'longing stares' between the two female leads, which I didn't really pick up on, think those people are just assuming she's gay from her hairstyle TBH. She may turn out to be gay/bi whatever but people are acting like she's running around aggressively sleazing on every recently divorced/widowed woman she comes across, that's just not true. She does come across as a bit of an entitled d1ck from time to time though.

Overall I'd give this a 7/10. I'll admit it would have gotten more if it included more He-Man but the animation is spot on, the cast is stellar, the story is good and the easter eggs are good too.

-Pr-
After taking time to absorb it, I honestly think the show has some serious issues.

That said, none of them are because I think she's some kind of lesbian or anything like that.

Plus, it's a MOTU show. It's not like we're supposed to expect elite-tier storytelling from the thing.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kento
Grayskull being black?

Have to say Grayskull was a major disappointment. Expected him to be The Man. Was looking forward to seeing him. Not sure how hes been depicted in comics, but he was a literal Legend in the 2002 series.

His colour wasnt an issue though. In fact Prince Adam should turn black as he becomes He-Man. Would make his disguise even better.

cdtm
Have to say Grayskull was a major disappointment. Expected him to be The Man. Was looking forward to seeing him. Not sure how hes been depicted in comics, but he was a literal Legend in the 2002 series.

His colour wasnt an issue though. In fact Prince Adam should turn black as he becomes He-Man. Would make his disguise even better.

Make him look like T'challa and voice him by Anthothy Hopkins.

shiv
2 episodes and I'm Done.

(1 episode too many) (Should've dropped it at 1)

First Of All:

I never watched He Man and The Masters Of The Universe and I never watched She-Ra The Princess Of Power until the 2010s.

What actually made me give it a chance (He Man 1983) was Mike Young Productions He-Man and The Masters Of The Universe 2002 Animated Television Series produced by the mom and dad and husband and wife tag-team of Liz Young and Mike Young which I saw when it was on air and I happened to catch an episode.

Liz and Mike and every one who worked with them, they did so well. They actually got one of the series writers for He-Man 1983 who wrote episodes and storylines for He-Man and She-Ra to come back out of retirement and write new episodes for the characters that he created and work with them on connected story-lines.

If you ever do decide to watch it. You really should watch every episode in order and also with headphones / or earphones for an immersive experience.

The series was nominated for an Emmy.

And the producers and the writers and the story editors, the sound engineers, the voice actors, the animators who worked on all of the diverse character designs and movements of all of the different races and living creatures on Eternia really captured the essence of... (the beating heart and soul) of He-Man and The Masters of The Universe.

He Man 2002 omg. I knew I wanted to watch it properly so a few years after it aired and the comp series box sets were out I was excited to get one. And it was so good.

It's got great rewatch value. I was actually thinking of rewatching it again when I saw oh... theres another He Man Masters Of The Union I mean Universe show out.

Promoted as a show that will be kinda like but not like a 'where are they now sort of thing checking in on some of the beloved characters of the old series (I was totally expecting to see Attack Track and Granamere (spelling?) etc get some 2021 screentime.

From that last sentence above you can probably tell I liked the 2002 He Man Reboot so much I got all the box sets of the original 80s show and liked it as well.

My decision to watch the old show was also partly motivated by it's status as a Comfort Cartoon.

Especially when I was working late in the early to mid 2010s getting home at 1am or 2am fixing up some thing to eat catching an episode of The Wire or Battlestar Galactica (The Very Dark and Gritty Reboot) It was essential to always have a positive, wholesome, show, a comfort cartoon. She-Ra when I finished the old He-Man was also a fun chill watch. The orko like scrappy was a pain but eh. Hordak and Co were meme worthy villains.

So I think I've made it pretty clear that nostalgia means absolutely nothing to me. I don't have it.

Going into Kevin Smith's Edgelord B.S. I was like 5 eps eh. Is that enough?

That can't surely be enough to do what they said they were going to be doing catching up with many of the og characters...

The 2002 Reboot with its healthy 39 episode length was able to do a fine job of giving many OG characters their moments of awesome.

A lot of people try to force Woke stuff in their works of fiction.

If you just write damn good stuff you'll have strong female characters, good diversity, etc.

Kevin Smith actually made the sorceress a damsel in distress in the first episode and not very observant. He also wrote himself a plot hole by animating The Sorceress's psychic rapport with He-Man and having The Sorceress not be aware a tin can disguised as He Man was not psyhically linked to her ... did he even watch He Man 1983.

As for Teela's flakeout... so she just decides to be a thief and a criminal now.

Like none of those scenes in the 1983 show this is supposed to be a reboot of where Teela suspected Prince Adam was He-Man and tried to prove it never happened.

This clown never watched the old series.
He did see some episodes when they were on tv and as he says there was nothing else on so he kinda hate-watched them ...

As for Teela's squeeze. Don't remember seeing her in the 80s series. Master Screen Time Blocking Plot Device. Besides being a trope what does she add to the franchise.

Don't even think of saying black representation.

Where Zodak At.

Does Kevin Smith even know Zodak Exists. And had a toy.

Presumably Mattel want to sell some strong black lady action figures... They'd be better sticking with Zodak action figures. He's got a powerful place in the plot as one of the Guardians of the Universe or is he the actual Guardian of the universe (not exactly sure) but in a Universe Ending Critical Event and no one out of The Sorceror or Evil-Lyn even has an internal monologue thinking of idk collaborating their efforts with Zodak... did this guy even watch the 1983 series he's rebooting?

Sure maybe Zodak comes in later or idk plot twist the tech girl is Zodak's daughter (Doubt it) .. I've dropped it so I'll never know.

Also as this is billed as a continuation of the old series seriously.... If Magic is dying some one should have said some thing about Granamere dying or something.

Surely his passing would not go unremarked on Eternia. Maybe it does late bur I doubt it.

Back to Angry-Roid-Chan geez way to dumb down a character Kevin.

shiv
Also Beast Man doesn't even get 1 line of dialogue in the first episode. Wow.

Robtard
I found this to just okay, a 6.5 out of 10. But the butthurt it has caused in sensitives is truly great.

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard
I found this to just okay, a 6.5 out of 10. But the butthurt it has caused in sensitives is truly great.

Were you a fan as a kid?

Without the nostalgia I guess I can see rating it lower. Personally, I'm loving just about every moment of it. Triclops and Trapjaw as part of a fundamentalist cult alone is genius. Man at Arms is a total badase normal, as he should be, Orko is the underdog you love to root for, Evil Lynn is the Harley Quinn tweener, and Mer-Man... is voiced by Batman.

It may not be high art, but what it is is good fun. Beats Voltron Legendary Defender by a mile, that's for sure.

Dragons Dogma and Castlevania do beat it in every way possible though.

Robtard
Loved MOTU as a kid.

Darth Thor
https://www.cbr.com/masters-of-the-universe-revelation-part-2-evil-lyn-story/amp/

Part 2 focuses heavily on Evil-Lyn.

That sounds way better. Teelas just not that interesting to me.

robotflug
This reboot of He-Man is very woke and it ruined so many things in Masters of the Universe.

Ridley_Prime
It's not a reboot but a continuation of the original. wink Reboot would be the 2002 cartoon. Will say though I liked some of the designs better there.

And that's good to hear about Evil-Lyn. She's generally more interesting than Teela.

Nemesis X
Answer me this, guys: If Man At Arms or Orko were the leading main character instead of Teela but still not show a lot of He-Man, is it still woke?!

robotflug
It's not a reboot but a continuation of the original. wink Reboot would be the 2002 cartoon. Will say though I liked some of the designs better there.

And that's good to hear about Evil-Lyn. She's generally more interesting than Teela.

Ok so its not a reboot, The SJW's are trying to force diversity on this He-Man continuation.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Answer me this, guys: If Man At Arms or Orko were the leading main character instead of Teela but still not show a lot of He-Man, is it still woke?!

Focusing on Man At Arms would be dope AF.

My issue is I'm just not that interested in Teela whining about no one telling her.

Nemesis X
Focusing on Man At Arms would be dope AF.

My issue is I'm just not that interested in Teela whining about no one telling her.

Eh. The secret identity thing was stupid to begin with. There was no point in Adam hiding he's He-Man. He's not Superman or Spiderman who have to keep their identities secret to protect the normies they care about, his friends & family (royal at that) are at war with Skeletor on a daily basis. Is he scared dad will ground him?

Originally posted by robotflug
Ok so its not a reboot, The SJW's are trying to force diversity on this He-Man continuation.

I ask again: If one of the other Masters of the Universe took Teela's place while still retaining the same story of He-Man's absence, you seriously saying you wouldn't hate it as much 'cause it didn't look as much as an "agenda" then? If so, grow up. I've seen a lot of pandering and this show didn't look like pandering.

With how much everyone is crying wolf, for all you guys know, Kevin Smith after all this noise now will add a She-Man just to watch the world burn.

Darth Thor
Eh. The secret identity thing was stupid to begin with. There was no point in Adam hiding he's He-Man. He's not Superman or Spiderman who have to keep their identities secret to protect the normies they care about, his friends & family (royal at that) are at war with Skeletor on a daily basis. Is he scared dad will ground him?

Just didn't care for her whining about it. And she's not exactly the character I'd get most excited about. Not even any special abilities (although it seems like she will gain some).

But yeah I get your point. Obviously most these complainers are shouting "woke!", when it's likely just a story telling tool to focus on another character.

With how much everyone is crying wolf, for all you guys know, Kevin Smith after all this noise now will add a She-Man just to watch the world burn.

laughing out loud

Adam_PoE

The difference is that Spiderman and Superman still retain their powers, particularly their resistance to injury, in their secret identity. Adam does not, making him especially vulnerable if it is known he is He-Man.

cdtm

I ask again: If one of the other Masters of the Universe took Teela's place while still retaining the same story of He-Man's absence, you seriously saying you wouldn't hate it as much 'cause it didn't look as much as an "agenda" then? If so, grow up. I've seen a lot of pandering and this show didn't look like pandering.

Skeletor literally just took over the universe because of knowing the secret. That's reason enough to keep the circle as tight as possible, and the only reason Man At Arms even knows about it is because he slept with The Sorceress,

Darth Thor
I remember in the 2002 reboot Skeletor kidnapped Prince Adam thinking He-Man would come to rescue him. And yeah in Revelation Skeletor just stabbed him as Prince Adam.

So yeah, His secret identity being known will cause all sorts of issues for him and those known to be close to him.

Blakemore
Skeletor literally just took over the universe because of knowing the secret. That's reason enough to keep the circle as tight as possible, and the only reason Man At Arms even knows about it is because he slept with The Sorceress, https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/45302921.jpg

shiv
To Nemesis X:

The term: Masters.

When it is used to make reference to,
to introduce, promote, sell, advertise,
recall, describe, discuss or debate
intellectual property held by MATTEL

Do you... Are you sure... You understand it's use?

HulkIsHulk

Darth Thor
^ To be expected from a Tommy Robinson fan.

Ridley_Prime
Huh...

https://twitter.com/netflixfamily/status/1428345424834879488

Well there's your reboot. lol Definitely prefer the art style of the original/Revelations though.

Darth Thor
Huh...

https://twitter.com/netflixfamily/status/1428345424834879488

Well there's your reboot. lol Definitely prefer the art style of the original/Revelations though.

Yeah saw that earlier. Had no idea there was a second one.

Im guessing this one definitely has lots of He-Man lol

cdtm
Was that Freeza?

Man, this makes Clone Wars CGI look good.

Darth Thor
Its clearly for kids. And is a complete reboot so taking lots of liberties.

For instance seems more technology based than magic. No Man-At-Arms and has the Shazam family vibe to it.

Nemesis X
Even for kids, this cg cringe makes the 80's cartoon look mature...

cdtm
Yeah, the rotoscoped cheap animation had a charm that this simply doesn't have.

Remember the really bad television flash animations that used to be in vogue?

Would much rather see that than this cgi.

Darth Thor
Well screw you guys I enjoined the reboot. You just have to accept it is a complete reboot so plenty of changes and liberties taken. And that its primarily aimed at kids.

Plenty of He-Man and Skeletor at least, unlike the Kevin Smith one.

Nemesis X
After seeing, glad it's one of those "don't judge a book by it's cover" types. Watched the whole thing. Apart from Duncan trying to be the comedic relief of his team, nothing was really that cringe and the Skeletor in it really carried the show.

Darth Thor
Skeletor was dope.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, had gotten around to watching the the show earlier out of curiosity, and not that bad really. What's offputting isn't really the CG Clone Wars kind of artstyle, but just the character designs being egregiously different from how we've normally seen them. Some designs are good though, like the Hellboy kind of look Trap Jaw had at first, seeing how Keldor became Skeletor (Skeletor himself is still cool in this show too as mentioned), and such. Some of the creative liberties taken with the show is interesting too, like Adam sharing the power with his friends and them all having transformed states too. Surprised that wasn't a thing with the Masters of the Universe to begin with.

I think I would feel better about this show overall though if it didn't have the He-Man brand name and was just its own thing, but is alright for what it is.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah surprisingly I too was alrite with some of the changes they made. And agree they actually gave meaning to Masters of the Universe, by sharing the power out Shazam style.

Also The fact that im looking forward to season 2 of this more than part 2 of the Kevin Smith one has made me realise I didnt really want his. I wanted He-Man and Skeletor. I dont really care if its a sequel or complete reboot.

Ridley_Prime
Am anticipating the next seasons of both shows about the same. Maybe Revelations more since am curious how it will do as a continuation of the story with Evil-Lyn and such, but there is no need to create a division. He-Man has a home on Netflix regardless at the end of the day.

Darth Thor
True cant really complain when we have both shows lol.

Also will withhold judgment for Smiths version until Season 1 is finished.

Ridley_Prime
Part 2 coming sooner than expected. No complaints here though.

https://www.cbr.com/masters-of-universe-revelation-part-2-release-date/

Darth Thor
That's ages away lol.

Also is that He-Man challenging him at the front of the poster?

samhain
It's not that much time really, it'll fly by. I heard savage He-Man is in this one, that'll enrage the MRA's as he's basically a senseless brute.

Adam_PoE
For years, it was assumed Prince Adam could only invoke the Power of Grayskull using the Sword of Power, but Adam himself always wondered what would happen if he summoned the power without the sword. Now we know the answer: Savage He-Man.

With all the Power of Grayskull unleashed, Adam gets a combination of primary rage and all the power of the universe: pure fury, brutal force, and rampant speed of ten He-Men!

But without the Sword of Power to moderate these powerful forces, Savage He-Man is all strength without intellect to control it.

The barbaric version of our hero leaves his friends wondering if Adam is really present inside the transformed beast, while going through Eternia in an uncontrolled frenzy.

Fortunately, Adam in his essence possesses innate compassion, humility, and kindness that rivals the Power of Grayskull.

Only the Prince of Eternia could exercise such power and be willing and able to give it up once the battle is won.

Robtard
It's not that much time really, it'll fly by. I heard savage He-Man is in this one, that'll enrage the MRA's as he's basically a senseless brute.

As someone who thought the first season was just okay, didn't love it. That alone is worth the watch.

samhain
As someone who thought the first season was just okay, didn't love it. That alone is worth the watch.

Same here, I'll admit I'd have liked it more with more He-Man and Skeletor, but it was decent nonetheless. I'm mostly looking forward to the meltdowns YouTubers like The Quartering will have when it drops.

Ridley_Prime
I liked this show enough. It enraging the likes of them was just a bonus. That said, some comparing it to like the Star Wars sequel trilogy was cringe.

Darth Thor
I liked this show enough. It enraging the likes of them was just a bonus. That said, some comparing it to like the Star Wars sequel trilogy was cringe.

That was obviously a faulty comparison.

Nothing in this show tainted He-Mans character the way the ST tainted Luke.

Ridley_Prime
There was also those trying to say that like Teela was the new Rey, even though one is a previously established character and the other is a Disney OC.

If the sequel trilogy were like Revelations, Leia, an original legacy character, would've been the protagonist which a lot would've gratefully accepted compared to Miss Oh Hey I'm From The Desert Too and Materializes a Skywalker ID Card.

Darth Thor
Thats true.

But I guess issue is Teela was never really the most popular of the MOTU. And this show hasnt exactly changed that much. And she has no powers or magic (although im sure she will get something before this ends).

But yeah agree the only reason to compare it to TFA would be something dumb like - Hey they ruined that by making it about a girl, just like theyre doing to this !

Adam_PoE
But I guess issue is Teela was never really the most popular of the MOTU.

She is literally the most popular character after Adam/He-Man. She appears in every episode, and there are more episodes centered on her than any other character that is not Adam/He-Man.

She is the reason 45% of the viewing audience of the original series was female, and she is the reason a female-centered spin-off of Masters of the Universe exists. That is right, Princess of Power was originally planned around Teela.

After considering the implications of the heroine for girls being the non-superpowered girlfriend of the Most Powerful Man in the Universe, Filmation and Mattel created She-Ra, He-Man's equally-powered twin sister.

But all the preliminary designs for Princess of Power featured Teela, and even the preliminary designs for She-Ra were drawings of Teela.

https://www.he-man.org/assets/images/home_news/justinedantzer_she-ra4_full.jpg

Darth Thor
Ah okay. I didnt know that.

Guess what I really meant was she was never my favourite lol.

Robtard
Same here, I'll admit I'd have liked it more with more He-Man and Skeletor, but it was decent nonetheless. I'm mostly looking forward to the meltdowns YouTubers like The Quartering will have when it drops.

He's the neck beard incel?

Robtard
She is literally the most popular character after Adam/He-Man. She appears in every episode, and there are more episodes centered on her than any other character that is not Adam/He-Man.

She is the reason 45% of the viewing audience of the original series was female, and she is the reason a female-centered spin-off of Masters of the Universe exists. That is right, Princess of Power was originally planned around Teela.

After considering the implications of the heroine for girls being the non-superpowered girlfriend of the Most Powerful Man in the Universe, Filmation and Mattel created She-Ra, He-Man's equally-powered twin sister.

But all the preliminary designs for Princess of Power featured Teela, and even the preliminary designs for She-Ra were drawings of Teela.

https://www.he-man.org/assets/images/home_news/justinedantzer_she-ra4_full.jpg

Preteen me preferred to look at Teela than He-Man...

Evil-Lyn could get it too.

samhain
He's the neck beard incel?

Yeah, he says he's married but that might be to avoid the incel tag, he's probably a reasonable guy he just plays up to his audience for the clicks.

Robtard
What a degenerate

Adam_PoE
https://i.imgur.com/By9Umek.png

cdtm
Thats true.

But I guess issue is Teela was never really the most popular of the MOTU. And this show hasnt exactly changed that much. And she has no powers or magic (although im sure she will get something before this ends).

But yeah agree the only reason to compare it to TFA would be something dumb like - Hey they ruined that by making it about a girl, just like theyre doing to this !

The issue is Kevin Smith lied.

And Adam Poe, Robtard, and other apologists are pathetically rationalizing the lie after months of insisting Kevin Smith didn't lie.

Except he did. The nay sayers were right all along.

Adam_PoE
The issue is Kevin Smith lied.

And Adam Poe, Robtard, and other apologists are pathetically rationalizing the lie after months of insisting Kevin Smith didn't lie.

Except he did. The nay sayers were right all along.

"KeViN sMiTh LiEd!1" Grow the **** up. By all means, tell us what the nay sayers were right about. We will wait.

cdtm
"KeViN sMiTh LiEd!1" Grow the **** up. By all means, tell us what the nay sayers were right about. We will wait.

Leet speak? Really? laughing out loud

How very 2001 of you.

Kevin Smith admitted he lied. He said He-Man would be in the show as the main character: He is not.

He said it is a He-Man story who is the fulcrum of the show: He is not.

He claimed he is a fan of the franchise: He is not.

And then he blamed the fans for getting angry. Like you do, like Rob does, like Kevin Smith apologists do.

Enjoy your Teela show.

Adam_PoE
Leet speak? Really? laughing out loud

How very 2001 of you.

Kevin Smith admitted he lied. He said He-Man would be in the show as the main character: He is not.

He said it is a He-Man story who is the fulcrum of the show: He is not.

He claimed he is a fan of the franchise: He is not.

And then he blamed the fans for getting angry. Like you do, like Rob does, like Kevin Smith apologists do.

Enjoy your Teela show.

Qualify your statements and substantiate your claims. Everything in your post is wrong. But you would know that if you actually watched the series instead of getting your opinion of it from right-wing YouTubers, clown.

cdtm
I watched the entire season several times over. He-Man died in the first episode, and the show followed Teela ever since. It was a classic bait and switch.

But it's a waste of time arguing with you as you argue in bad faith, as usual. You are an SJW joke who speaks only for yourself.

Enjoy your Teela show.

Adam_PoE
I watched the entire season several times over. He-Man died in the first episode, and the show followed Teela ever since. It was a classic bait and switch.

But it's a waste of time arguing with you as you argue in bad faith, as usual. You are an SJW joke who speaks only for yourself.

Enjoy your Teela show.

You are demonstrating that you did not watch it, your are just repeating what you have heard about it. Drop dead.

Adam_PoE
zYDjYKk8kf8

cdtm
You are demonstrating that you did not watch it, your are just repeating what you have heard about it. Drop dead.

But I DID watch it. All five episodes, which is the entire first season to date.

Adam dies in episode 1 and episode 5. Teela is the angry girl who was more upset at being lied to then the grief her father faced at losing a son. Then the show focused purely on Teela as the center.

As the fans predicted and were proven correct on.

Adam_PoE
But I DID watch it. All five episodes, which is the entire first season to date.

Adam dies in episode 1 and episode 5. Teela is the angry girl who was more upset at being lied to then the grief her father faced at losing a son. Then the show focused purely on Teela as the center.

As the fans predicted and were proven correct on.

Adam does not die in episode five. Duncan did not lose a son. Teela and Evil-Lyn lead the quest to reforge to Sword of Power, but all the events are centered on He-Man. Literally every point you made is incorrect.

By all means, we are still waiting on those correct predictions. Tell us what they are.

-Pr-
Trailer's up:

0HRuB0cwbxo

Edit. Someone beat me to it. Oh well.

Darth Thor
Looks pretty dope. Filled with spoilers, but I think they needed to clearly show the direction this is going.

cdtm
Adam does not die in episode five. Duncan did not lose a son. Teela and Evil-Lyn lead the quest to reforge to Sword of Power, but all the events are centered on He-Man. Literally every point you made is incorrect.

By all means, we are still waiting on those correct predictions. Tell us what they are.

You know what I meant with the king. stick out tongue

She saw Adam sacrifice himself for Eternia, and her reaction was "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

Nobody likes the angry feminist trope. Nobody likes the angry activist for that matter.

Unless that kind of thing appeals to you maybe? You certainly seem to have a chip on your shoulder against white cisgendered males. For my part, I never gave a shite about women, or any sort of non white representation, from other media. I simply don't like the preachy American style of representation.

And Teela is the stereotypical bitchy feminist woman.

But you enjoy the show, your preaching falls on deaf ears here.

Adam_PoE
You know what I meant with the king. stick out tongue

She saw Adam sacrifice himself for Eternia, and her reaction was "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

Nobody likes the angry feminist trope. Nobody likes the angry activist for that matter.

Unless that kind of thing appeals to you maybe? You certainly seem to have a chip on your shoulder against white cisgendered males. For my part, I never gave a shite about women, or any sort of non white representation, from other media. I simply don't like the preachy American style of representation.

And Teela is the stereotypical bitchy feminist woman.

But you enjoy the show, your preaching falls on deaf ears here.

I am a white cisgender male, you retard.

cdtm
I am a white cisgender male, you retard.

Not gay?

Huh, could have sworn you claimed you were gendered gay.

While straight male gender as opposed to white gay male gendered.

Darth Thor

cdtm

Ridley_Prime
Seeing He-Man go all feral mode without the sword is an interesting creative liberty.

Darth Thor
Seeing He-Man go all feral mode without the sword is an interesting creative liberty.

Yeah I also like He-Man not needing the sword to turn. Well At least some kind of transformation is available to him.

Adam_PoE
Not gay?

Huh, could have sworn you claimed you were gendered gay.

While straight male gender as opposed to white gay male gendered.

"Gay" and "straight" are not genders. Are you broken?

Adam_PoE

This was telegraphed in the Eternity War comic series.

cdtm
"Gay" and "straight" are not genders. Are you broken?

Who can keep up with the new fangled terminology changing every five minutes?

Adam_PoE
Who can keep up with the new fangled terminology changing every five minutes?

It is better to be thought a fool and remain silent than to speak and remove all doubt. If you do not know what you are talking about, then say nothing unless or until you learn enough to have an informed opinion.

cdtm
It is better to be thought a fool and remain silent than to speak and remove all doubt. If you do not know what you are talking about, then say nothing unless or until you learn enough to have an informed opinion.

I have a different philosophy. I believe in upfront honesty.

If I am ignorant, I act ignorant and depend on the kindness of strangers. If I am wise, I share in wisdom. If I have weakness, I bare it for all to see.

There is no shame in being judged honestly, for good or ill. How people accept or reject you is THEIR burden, NOT yours.

Tzeentch
Knowing that you're about to say something stupid and saying it anyway is not honesty. Honesty would be admitting to yourself that you have no idea what you're talking about, and then humility what have you either not say anything or a state that you're not warm enough on the topic to have a opinion.

cdtm
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Knowing that you're about to say something stupid and saying it anyway is not honesty. Honesty would be admitting to yourself that you have no idea what you're talking about, and then humility what have you either not say anything or a state that you're not warm enough on the topic to have a opinion.

So, act like a pretentious snob?

No thanks.

I'm what' she known as a "haptic" learner, as opposed to visualitory or auditory. I learn by doing. I do my research, yes, but I also seek opinions while I'm learning, and after I learn, to brain storm and converse.

Frankly, it's not in my nature to "debate" someone, because I have no desire to "win" an argument. This is something other people do, and I'll play along for the viewpoints.

That's the real goal there for me. Different points of view. I'll purposely "throw" an argument if I get another viewpoint out of it.

Adam_PoE
So, act like a pretentious snob?

No thanks.

I'm what' she known as a "haptic" learner, as opposed to visualitory or auditory. I learn by doing. I do my research, yes, but I also seek opinions while I'm learning, and after I learn, to brain storm and converse.

Frankly, it's not in my nature to "debate" someone, because I have no desire to "win" an argument. This is something other people do, and I'll play along for the viewpoints.

That's the real goal there for me. Different points of view. I'll purposely "throw" an argument if I get another viewpoint out of it.

That is a lot of words to say you are lazy, thoughtless, and irresponsible.

cdtm
Giving this series every chance possible, but it's hard getting past the horrid character designs.

Teela especially looks obnoxiously bad.

Darth Thor
Giving this series every chance possible, but it's hard getting past the horrid character designs.

Teela especially looks obnoxiously bad.

I thought you like Part 1?

cdtm
I thought you like Part 1?

I did. And then the final episode undid all of Lynn's character development.

Plus I never liked Teela, it was everyone else I enoyed. Teela comes across like an angry feminist stereotype, complete with removing every hint of feminine sex appeal.

Because the only real feminist is a butch feminist, I guess.

Darth Thor

Plus I never liked Teela, it was everyone else I enoyed. Teela comes across like an angry feminist stereotype, complete with removing every hint of feminine sex appeal.

So you didnt like it by the end.

Adam_PoE

Then you are not paying attention.

By all means, what feminist platitudes does Teela specifically express that makes her a feminist stereotype? It sounds like you are stereotyping women based on their appearance as being "angry feminists," because they are not sufficiently feminine for you as they try to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.

cdtm
So you didnt like it by the end.

I'm not washing my hands of it yet if that's what you're asking.

Am REALLY disappointed by Lynn though. I realize there's plenty of time left for more growth, and maybe a backstab on Skeletor, but even so... The Orko bonding should have been enough to at least resist a little bit.

Darth Thor
I'm not washing my hands of it yet if that's what you're asking.

Am REALLY disappointed by Lynn though. I realize there's plenty of time left for more growth, and maybe a backstab on Skeletor, but even so... The Orko bonding should have been enough to at least resist a little bit.

Well she had spent her whole life as Skeletors lackey/mistress. Thats tough to just brush off that fast.

Having said that she was clearly conflicted when she stood by Skeletor.

Adam_PoE
Well she had spent her whole life as Skeletors lackey/mistress. Thats tough to just brush off that fast.

Having said that she was clearly conflicted when she stood by Skeletor.

Magic had not yet returned to Eternia, so she and the Sorceress were still powerless, and Skeletor just took the Power of Grayskull. What was she supposed to do? Evil-Lyn did what she always does: live to plot another day.

Robtard
Then you are not paying attention.

By all means, what feminist platitudes does Teela specifically express that makes her a feminist stereotype? It sounds like you are stereotyping women based on their appearance as being "angry feminists," because they are not sufficiently feminine for you as they try to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.

Are people still flipping out cos a couple female characters did some stuff in this just okay cartoon?

cdtm
Are people still flipping out cos a couple female characters did some stuff in this just okay cartoon?

Who's flipping out?

These misogonistic incels who criticize the show also tend to be Brony's. Mostly female cast, that.

Curious.

Adam_PoE

Darth Thor
Magic had not yet returned to Eternia, so she and the Sorceress were still powerless, and Skeletor just took the Power of Grayskull. What was she supposed to do? Evil-Lyn did what she always does: live to plot another day.

Yeah she literally had no option. But I do feel she was (naturally) conflicted too.

in this just okay cartoon?

You seen trailer for second half ? Pretty spoiler filled but looks promising.

cdtm
I just hope we don't get an outcome similar to the comics.

There, Lynn seemed to fall in love with a thief. She told him all about herself. They talked of running away from the life at one point. It ended up being as part of an errand for Skeletor, yet she kept sentimental attachments to the man she betrayed, hinting not all of her duty was an act.

robotflug
I've noticed more people enjoyed the 2002 He-Man and the Masters of the Universe compared to this netflix series.

cdtm
Originally posted by robotflug
I've noticed more people enjoyed the 2002 He-Man and the Masters of the Universe compared to this netflix series.

And even that was a retread in a lot of ways.

Loved the versions of Skeletor, King Hiss, and what little we saw of Hordak though.

Skeletor especially was just perfect. Right amounts of menace and goofiness.

Darth Thor
That show added much needed depth to the He-Man mythos. Plus He-Man just needed a reboot and update at that point.

Too bad it got axed.

cdtm
That show added much needed depth to the He-Man mythos. Plus He-Man just needed a reboot and update at that point.

Too bad it got axed.

And when it was just getting good too.

Did you see the scripts for the axed season? Hordak comes back, and eventually gets deposed by Skeletor.

A lot of that script was adapted into the Eternity War comic book series.

Darth Thor
Did you see the scripts for the axed season? Hordak comes back, and eventually gets deposed by Skeletor.

No I didnt. But Hordal seemed pretty OP in that (even King Grayskull died just temporarily defeating him), so not sure how thatd go.

Was also wondering if Hordak introduced Adora/She-Ra to the mix.

Adam_PoE
Part II debuted this morning at midnight. It is great.

cdtm
og0d3M4KNCE

LordofBrooklyn
Part II debuted this morning at midnight. It is great.

YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY BE SERIOUS!!

cdtm
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY BE SERIOUS!!

I was actually on board until about.... three or four episodes into season 2? Then it just got stupid.

Seriously, if Lynn was going to usurp power, couldn't she do it in a less goofy fashion then offering snoo snoo? Does Skeletor even have a "boner", he's a skeleton! laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Didn't realise it was out until late last night, so didn't have time to binge yet.

Will probably save for the weekend now.

cdtm
Didn't realise it was out until late last night, so didn't have time to binge yet.

Will probably save for the weekend now.

Finished it last night myself. Mixed thoughts. Let me know what you think.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>