Kraven The Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Didn't see a thread on this, but yeah. Bunch of sites are talking about how the movie has been greenlit by Sony, and will release in January 2023. Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver in Age of Ultron) is playing the lead role, and a guy called J.C. Chandor is directing.

**** all details atm, but yeah.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/05/sony-bags-aaron-taylor-johnson-to-play-kraven-the-hunter.html

https://www.thewrap.com/aaron-taylor-johnson-kraven-the-hunter-sony-spider-man-villain-movie/

Impediment
This is just as bad as Topher Grace as Venom.

StiltmanFTW
Kraven quite literally hunts and kills animals. For sport.

And when he gets bored or too high on his supernatural roots and potions, he does the same with people.

Giving him a solo film is an idea that can go wrong in so many ways.

Aaron is too young for the role, btw.

-Pr-
I'm sure he'll be a misunderstood bastard with a tragic backstory that eventually becomes an anti-hero by the end of the movie.

Robtard
Mommy didn't hug me enough or too much, so I hunt people for sport.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm sure he'll be a misunderstood bastard with a tragic backstory that eventually becomes an anti-hero by the end of the movie.

https://i.ibb.co/sHgjbcm/cykekraven.png

Originally posted by Robtard
Mommy didn't hug me enough or too much, so I hunt people for sport.

https://i.ibb.co/ZGZcmFR/momma.jpg

jaden_2.0
Anyone who thinks Aaron Taylor Johnson can't play that role clearly hasn't watched Outlaw King.

roughrider
They can't legally put Spider Man in these movies still, right? So who the hell is he going to hunt that we should care about?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by roughrider
They can't legally put Spider Man in these movies still, right? So who the hell is he going to hunt that we should care about?

Think they wanted to use Morbius at first?

steverules_2
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Think they wanted to use Morbius at first?

Anyone who hunts and kills Jared Leto is a hero

BruceSkywalker
tis will be one of the worst pieces ofdogshit ever

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by steverules_2
Anyone who hunts and kills Jared Leto is a hero

laughing out loud

thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Could clearly see Kraven's silhouette among the villains breaching the Multiverse barrier in NWH.

-Pr-
Filming is in progress, looks like.

https://comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/kraven_the_hunter/kraven-the-hunter-set-photo-gives-us-a-first-look-at-aaron-taylor-johnson-as-sergei-kravinoff-a192776? fbclid=IwAR3MroPmnQyWJRg2q57gUBGhVuuWLYmL0B2ElTXb6
nI7zUblj_zTVg4miU0#gs.4233.uwo5qm

StiltmanFTW
Fixed your link:

https://comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/kraven_the_hunter/kraven-the-hunter-set-photo-gives-us-a-first-look-at-aaron-taylor-johnson-as-sergei-kravinoff-a192776

Russian supervillain-bully that is literally all about animal abuse and domestic violence... what could possibly go wrong? laughing out loud

Films about villains might be a fresh idea that this genre needs --- but I don't think Sony is up to the task.

BruceSkywalker
this will be dogshit so i will pass

Kazenji
Not sure what the **** that they're trying to do with this movie, Giving Kraven his own bad guy among other bs.

Tzeentch
He'll start off being a villain who hunts lots of different people for sport but by the end he'll be a anti-hero who only hunts rich white CEOs.

riv6672

Darth Thor
^ At least the Joker was a story about an actual bad guy.

But making villains into anti-heroes is irritating.

StiltmanFTW
Spider-Man TAS did a great job turning Kraven into a likeable character, actually.

But they've reworked his origins and motives a lot and what worked there, might not work as well in the live action solo film.

riv6672
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^

But making villains into anti-heroes is irritating.
It can be, yeah. Not every character can be The Grinch.

Darth Thor
Spider-Man TAS did a great job turning Kraven into a likeable character, actually.

But they've reworked his origins and motives a lot and what worked there, might not work as well in the live action solo film.

Yes I remember. Still not interested.

Morbius and Venom are fine, as they have been both villains and anti-heroes from their concept.

riv6672

Darth Thor

Robtard
He only eats the bad people doh stick out tongue

They're going to make Venom a villain for SM, imo, as we saw a small gob of the black stuff left in the MCU after No Way Home. Wondering how they're going to handle the Tom Hardy situation though.

Cast him as an alternate version of himself that is a total dick face, recast Brock all together or something else.

Robtard
As for this film, main reason I'm looking forward to it is Aaron Taylor Johnson being cast.

He should be able to do a great job regardless if he's a villain, anti-hero or villain turned anti-hero, as long as the writing/directing doesn't suck.

riv6672

Kazenji
Kraven will be a animal lover for this movie

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/06/21/sony-is-making-spider-mans-kraven-the-hunter-into-kraven-the-animal-hunter/

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/06/21/sony-is-making-spider-mans-kraven-the-hunter-into-kraven-the-animal-hunter/

eek! laughing

StiltmanFTW
That's a huge change.

But it is a change for the better.

Still, one needs to wonder, why make a movie about Kraven at all, then? And not Ka-Zar or some other guy that actually matches the description?

Ah, yes. Because Sony owns Spidey rights and Spidey rights only... and intends to milk them till they have nothing left.

But even limited to just Spider-characters, they could have picked someone else for that role - like Puma.

Kazenji

But it is a change for the better.

https://i.imgur.com/6sdMeys.jpg

BruceSkywalker
this film will flop hard

Estacado
Every Sony movie outside of the Spider-Man ones has been complete shit so far..

StiltmanFTW
https://i.imgur.com/6sdMeys.jpg

laughing out loud

That meme never gets old.

It is a change for the better, when you consider how Hollywood simply wouldn't get away with releasing a film worldwide about some mentally ill Russian, whose whole history is about pointless hunting, animal abuse, substance abuse and sick domestic violence.

But as I said... that changed character, that's not Kraven.

Tzeentch
It's a "villains can't ever be allowed to be the protagonist so we're going to white-wash the character into an anti-hero so we can have our cake and also eat it" episode.

Good to know I can skip out on this.

Robtard

Yeah, that's going to be a hard sell. Kraven the Not Hunter. Too bad, they had a solid start with casting Aaron Taylor Johnson.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Estacado
Every Sony movie outside of the Spider-Man ones has been complete shit so far..

I kinda like the Venom movies, i know that they're not the greatest films around

Morbius i still haven't seen, But from what i hear. Ooof. Should've been a good film but as usual they found a way to **** it up.

StiltmanFTW
I kinda like the Venom movies, i know that they're not the greatest films around

Still haven't seen the sequel.

Venom 1 was enjoyable, I can agree on that.

What makes Venom film special for me is that it was the last movie shown in theaters while Stan Lee was still alive --- he died a month and a week later.

Morbius i still haven't seen, But from what i hear. Ooof. Should've been a good film but as usual they found a way to **** it up.

Morbius has become a meme of sorts, yeah.

Haven't seen it either.

Yeah, that's going to be a hard sell. Kraven the Not Hunter. Too bad, they had a solid start with casting Aaron Taylor Johnson.

Hey, they could work with that, if they used Wolverine's idea of "hunting":

https://i.ibb.co/XSXBs29/RCO010-1468803635.jpg

But again --- Wolverine, while definitely not a saint and constantly facing his demons and sins of the past, is a hero (or an anti-hero, at least).

Kraven is a villain with severe mental health problems... and he's only interested in making it worse for himself and all those around him, including his family.

If Sony decides to transform the character completely to make him a likeable protagonist, it'll no longer be Kraven.

Robtard
Pretty sure Logan f**ks those animals...

They're going to make Kraven an anti-hero like Venom, cept Venom did it first in the comics. I'll still wait for a preview to judge, but it's not looking good as is.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Venom had the whole Lethal Protector thing, yes.

Kraven does have his own code of honor, but the best thing he's ever done was committing suicide.

If Sony really wants to make a movie about "an animal lover and protector of the natural world", they really shouldn't have picked this villain who happens to be the very antithesis of that.

Even limited to "Spideyverse" villains, Puma comes to mind before Kraven.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Sony is not planning it smart, they just know they need to keep making new films or they'll lose the rights, afaik.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/cJMWK5n/289423651-5608354319227749-9185231514741685703-n.jpg

Kazenji
So this movie gets an R-rating but not Venom

https://www.joblo.com/kraven-the-hunter-cinemacon/

StiltmanFTW
I will believe it when I see it.

Sony lied numerous times about Venom and its sequel getting R-ratings (which never happened). Probably wanted some attention.

Kraven film will most likely be PG-13.

Kazenji

StiltmanFTW
Yes, we have discussed it in this very thread.

Absurd idea, but they don't care about staying true to the character, they just try to make him marketable.

Kazenji
Yeah, Gotta keep PETA happy.

StiltmanFTW
Hollywood doesn't make many villain films --- they follow the old formula with likeable protagonists (anti-heroes with redeeming qualities at worst) and happy endings.

Kraven is violent, sadistic, mentally ill, suicidal... Russian... he doesn't fit.

Sony apparently wants to "fix" that by turning him into their version of Ka-Zar or Tarzan. They probably don't know exactly what they're doing, but they need to do something in order to keep the movie rights.

Kazenji
Meh... Just seems to me with Sony at the moment that they're knocking it out of the park with Spider-Man, But then when it comes to all these other characters that's tied to him they're not giving them the same treatment.

StiltmanFTW
Live action clearly ain't their forte.

MCU trilogy wasn't Sony's success. It was Feige's and Disney's.

Kazenji

Live action clearly ain't their forte.

Disagree. Just need the right people involved, Clearly Sony is failing at at...who knows the Kraven movie might surprise everyone.. but i'm not holding out hope

....you know what i meant.

StiltmanFTW
Disagree. Just need the right people involved, Clearly Sony is failing at at...who knows the Kraven movie might surprise everyone.. but i'm not holding out hope

Sony's been missing "the right people" ever since Raimi's trilogy.

....you know what i meant.

Animation and video games have their own forums.

Kazenji

Animation and video games have their own forums.

And water is also wet.

StiltmanFTW
They aren't "knocking it out of the park" with Spider-Man.

TASM films left them crippled and begging for mercy and SSU doesn't have a single solo SM film.

Robtard
TASM1 was pretty good, not nearly as good as SM1-2, but better than SM3, I still think Sam Raimi must have had a series of ministrokes when writing/filming SM3.

TASM2 was a failed abortion though. Just awful. Shit covered shit, But they should have done a 3rd film to fix that and wrap it up as a trilogy. Keeping it separate from the MCU, until of course SM:NWH brought it all together with the magical magic of the multiverse.

riv6672
^^^So true.
I was so happy Garfield got a chance to play the role one more time.

Robtard
When I watched SM: NWM, I did like how you could tell around what age people where in the audience depending on which Peter they cheered for. Old ****s like me got nostalgic when Tobey appeared. the mid 20ish to 30ish crowd when Garfield, all the younger ones were Holland fans.

steverules_2

Robtard

riv6672

carthage
Trailer leaked

It looks ****ing terrible 😂

https://www.cbcyt.com/home/2023/6/19/kraven-the-hunter-full-trailer-leaks? fbclid=IwAR30ay4X9Qw3JKhbYQSwDptNO2nji5xPrJCwQmxqz
psrNOi_K-58Ztw_Qnc_aem_th_AZwbhkMtAxLtFZxCDyr-zsf1kVig0qvrhVzQEMxaDPqFGRejFuW2WtkZN3E7f5LWm7A

tkitna
Originally posted by carthage
Trailer leaked

It looks ****ing terrible 😂

https://www.cbcyt.com/home/2023/6/19/kraven-the-hunter-full-trailer-leaks? fbclid=IwAR30ay4X9Qw3JKhbYQSwDptNO2nji5xPrJCwQmxqz
psrNOi_K-58Ztw_Qnc_aem_th_AZwbhkMtAxLtFZxCDyr-zsf1kVig0qvrhVzQEMxaDPqFGRejFuW2WtkZN3E7f5LWm7A

Maybe somethings wrong with me today, but I thought the trailer was decent.

Estacado
Wasnt that bad the Rated R trailer is also out...

BruceSkywalker
so watched the red band trailer.. the only way i'll pay for this would IF the violence is bloody fracking bloody. aaron taylor johnson should've just spoken in his natural british accent instead of some jibberish

17cfijqv1Ag

Jaden_3.0
Lol at the comments.

Jaden_3.0

Kazenji
So instead of drinking his own potion made from various unnamed jungle herbs for his powers. Its a drop of blood from a dead lion....fail.

Khazra Reborn
All these spider villain movies might be serviceable if Spider-Man was actually included in them, somehow.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
All these spider villain movies might be serviceable if Spider-Man was actually included in them, somehow.

That and also Kraven has barely had his own comic series, Unlike Morbius for example.

Galan007
Why does Russell Crowe use pretty much the same "foreign accent" in every role lately? Thor: L&T, The Pope's Exorcist, and now this? C'mon.

Also, movie looks like shit. Somewhat curious to know how a droplet of random lion blood gave Kraven meta-stats though...

Estacado
Its a radioactive lion.

dynamix
who asked for this?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Lol at the comments.

Lmao laughing out loud

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but that's hilarious.

Robtard
Originally posted by Galan007
Why does Russell Crowe use pretty much the same "foreign accent" in every role lately? Thor: L&T, The Pope's Exorcist, and now this? C'mon.

Also, movie looks like shit. Somewhat curious to know how a droplet of random lion blood gave Kraven meta-stats though...

The lion had Lion-AIDS.

Robtard
Originally posted by Estacado
Its a radioactive lion.

^ Best answer

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
The worst possible time (if there ever was a right time...) to make movies about Russian supervillains, tbh. And trying to redeem and glorify them, going away from the source material, hoping that somehow it'll work.

Sony is digging their own grave.

StiltmanFTW
That and also Kraven has barely had his own comic series, Unlike Morbius for example.

One of Kraven's sons, Alyosha, had a mini-series in 2002 and that's it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so watched the red band trailer.. the only way i'll pay for this would IF the violence is bloody fracking bloody. aaron taylor johnson should've just spoken in his natural british accent instead of some jibberish

17cfijqv1Ag

This looks perfect for bad movie night.

What chaps my ass is they do this R-rated, but not Venom.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This looks perfect for bad movie night.

What chaps my ass is they do this R-rated, but not Venom.

Reality check, Leech.

It likely won't be R-rated. Sony lied about making Venom, Venom 2 and Morbius R-rated... and they all ended up being PG-13.

You're posting in this movie section often enough to remember Sony's antics.

Patient_Leech
I don't remember there being a red band trailer for either of those. Was there?

BruceSkywalker

i posted the red band trailer...

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

17cfijqv1Ag

Kazenji
Found out that they're basically using DC's Catman's origin story from Gail Simone's Secret Six run, For this Kraven Movie.

tkitna
Are people getting to bent out of shape because of the origin story? Movies change those all the time. I really dont think it looks that bad. Kind of looking forward to it.

Jaden_3.0
Admittedly the Red Band Trailer looks considerably better than the standard trailer which looked like some cheap 90s movie.

Robtard
Originally posted by tkitna
Are people getting to bent out of shape because of the origin story? Movies change those all the time. I really dont think it looks that bad. Kind of looking forward to it.

I don't have a problem with origin changes, especially if they're an improvement over the comic, and I assume they didn't go with "herb induced powers" because that hit's too close to Black Panther's origin for the average MCU viewer.

As far as the trailer, the action looks pretty good, so does the violence. But I get the feeling we've already watched the best parts of the film.

I'm still watching it in theaters though.

Old Man Whirly!
The film companies need to stop making comic movies. For every Greenbook or the Founder we get 10 films like Shazam 2 or Marvel indistinguishably similar to the last 50 Marvel films.

Robtard
Meh, as long as they give me a few great films each year, they can churn comics out.

Those type of films pay the bills, as a film like Oppenheimer (my body is ready) won't make the same level of profits like Spider-Man 14 or Batman reboot #9, despite being leagues beyond in quality.

Old Man Whirly!
Meh, as long as they give me a few great films each year, they can churn comics out.

Those type of films pay the bills, as a film like Oppenheimer (my body is ready) won't make the same level of profits like Spider-Man 14 or Batman reboot #9, despite being leagues beyond in quality. I'm looking forward to Oppenheimer too. Hopefully, he will quote the Baghavad Gita and we will have some reference to Copenhagen in it. Because without that meeting between B and H, the Germans would have had the bomb first. Copenhagen is a great film btw.

StiltmanFTW

It's far worse than that.

Kraven is not an animal lover, ffs. He's the exact opposite. It's right in his name.

StiltmanFTW

It's just a trailer.

I seriously doubt the final product will be rated R.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I'm looking forward to Oppenheimer too. Hopefully, he will quote the Baghavad Gita and we will have some reference to Copenhagen in it. Because without that meeting between B and H, the Germans would have had the bomb first. Copenhagen is a great film btw.

Can't imagine the Bhagavad-Gita quote will be left out, it's so rooted with his name and this event.

Copenhagen (2002)? Never watched it, will down load. Thanks for the recommend.

tkitna
It's far worse than that.

Kraven is not an animal lover, ffs. He's the exact opposite. It's right in his name.

Understandable, but that wont deter me from either liking the movie or hating it. The animal loving is probably a cop out anyways so they wont get complaints from the likes of Peta and the woke community. Its just easier.

Patient_Leech
It's just a trailer.

I seriously doubt the final product will be rated R.

But that doesn't answer the question. Did those two have red band trailers or no?

StiltmanFTW
Understandable, but that wont deter me from either liking the movie or hating it. The animal loving is probably a cop out anyways so they wont get complaints from the likes of Peta and the woke community. Its just easier.

Then it's not Kraven the Hunter... that's Ka-Zar or Tarzan.

Sony guys have no idea what they're doing when it comes to live-action.

Robtard
He's now Kraven the Bad-Guy-Hunter

StiltmanFTW
Marvel experimented with alternate versions of Kraven before. Never worked.

Silver & Black was a brilliant idea compared to this shit.

Darth Thor
Looks fine. But will probably catch on Streaming.

rudester
He looks hot. I guess I'll be watching it

Robtard
Probably a good a reason as any.

Kazenji
Kinda Sad Sony had to use a DC character's origin for a Marvel character.

Robtard
Which DC character had sex with an infected lion and got powers?

Kazenji
Which DC character had sex with an infected lion and got powers?

Catman

Robtard
That's an obscure one, good pull thumb up

StiltmanFTW
That's an obscure one, good pull thumb up

Not obscure anymore. Modern Secret Six relaunches and related series made him famous. Started circa 2005. All thanks to Gail Simone.

You Star Trek fans just keep living in the seventies, don't you? http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

Robtard
2005? Pfft, might as well be 1905.

60s and 70s thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.