Blade (New Line Cinema Films) vs Black Panther (MCU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Round 1: H2H, both in normal clothes.

Round 2: Sword vs Vibranium Claws, Blade is in his trenchcoat, T'Challa is in his suit but his head is exposed.

Round 3: Blade is still using his sword, but he also has his body armor and is without his trenchcoat, T'Challa is in his suit, but his face is now covered. Anything goes, both characters are bloodlusted.

If the Vibranium suit seems like too much for Blade to deal with, make his sword vibranium in the rounds he has it, and give him his handgun.

Victory by death OR incapacitation, no outside help.

Who wins?

Jmanghan
No one? I figured this thread would have gotten tons of bites.

riv6672
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I figured this thread would have gotten tons of bites.
Why?

jaden_2.0
Nobody cares about black on black violence.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by riv6672
Why? Interesting match-up?

Both are incredibly skilled combatants with a high enthesis on speed and agility, both marvel characters, Blade has been compared to Bucky and Cap on here several times, BP has fought both and been comparable, if not slightly superior to both.

Both use piercing-type weapons. You can't tell me this fight wouldn't be absolutely sick to watch and I def don't think either combatant is getting stomped.

riv6672
^^^Ah.

Impediment
T'Challa wins but not easily, especially if Blade has had his serum.

Jmanghan
I really can't see BP replicating some of Blade's feats, if I'm gonna be totally honest:
Bxf-0g1Q-xE

Edit, not even close:
q6sjd757cuA

riv6672
I really can't see BP replicating some of Blade's feats,
Why not?

carthage

dynamix
i dont' see anything in that clip that bp can't do. and the speed level id different. t'challa is quick. blade doesnt' look that fast.

carthage

dynamix
yeah but his combat speed doesnt look too impressive. he got kicked by a slow moving vampire. kicked him to the elevator.

KingD19
If Blade gets hit, it's because the vampire is very fast in comparison to him, not that Blade's slow. He fought evenly with the 3 fastest beings in the Bladeverse(Frost/La Magra, Nomak, Drake), so if you're good enough to not get one-shot like most of the goons in the series, then you're a step above. Panther's speed doesn't look insanely fast. Hawkeye fought with him just fine by your logic, he only lost because he was fighting a super soldier while he had 0 powers. Panther even broke his bow.

McNasty996
I'd go with Blade, speed kills and "street-levelers" in the MCU aren't bullet time currently which is a no-go against someone as lethal as blade with that sword.

The sword would probably fail against the Vibranium suit but that's really the only thing saving BP. Blade honestly has the feats to be the number 1 street level hero in MCU before you get into Spiderman tier with the strength, durability, speed, skills Combo he has going on.

Stigma
Blade takes round 1, Black Panther takes round 3, not sure about round 2, leaning towards BP.

Arachnid1
Blade legit stomps the first two rounds.

BP wins the third round, and only because of the suit.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Stigma
Blade takes round 1, Black Panther takes round 3, not sure about round 2, leaning towards BP. I just don't think BP has what it takes to put him down.

Speed is the only factor that MIGHT be in BP's favor, and that's an extremely big "might".

Blade is way stronger and far more durable, and definitely comparatively skilled, especially as a swordsman. Frost would have died after Blade sliced him in half if not for his brand new regeneration powers.

John Murdoch
Blade stomps in round 1 and beats T'Challa in round 2.

T'Challa in the suit has the rhino feat, which is above anything I remember from Blade (though of course Blade's durability is very high for "street-level" superheroes), so T'challa takes round 3.

McNasty996
Speed is the only factor that MIGHT be in BP's favor, and that's an extremely big "might".

I actually think it's the opposite and one of the main reasons he loses. None of the SS-tier/Herb enhanced fighters in the MCU are Buller time or even close while Blade and subsequent upper level vamps have been confirmed so since Blade 1.

You could call it an outlier but first was Frost who dodged Blades auto pistol before tossing the little Asain girl across the street(they actually slowed it down to show him do this after the rounds were fired)

Then it happened again in Blade Trinity when Drake did the same when they first met the blood pack and he killed and copied that Doctor before stabbing Ryan Reynolds character and doing a mini rooftop chase.

You could say it's not consistent because Nomak should have had that level speed but never displayed it however he also chose to tank most everything he came across which fits in with his character(functioned to essentially show that most things would only slow him down as he was unconcerned with death until the end).

ShadowFyre
Blade beats the shit out of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.