The Politics of Euro 2021

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
England players will be taking the knee says Southgate. The far right who are still present in English football don't like it. Neither do Tory MP's. We have a lot of black players who face abuse every game and some European Countries to race make the US slave states seem liberal. Southgate says his players will not be bowed. I say fantastic!

Blakemore

jaden_2.0
https://www.theflagshop.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/c/scotland-flag-8x5.gif

FU<K AE TORIES!!!

Blakemore
I think Scotland might qualify up past the group stage.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
https://www.theflagshop.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/c/scotland-flag-8x5.gif

FU<K AE TORIES!!! we have you second game I think.Originally posted by Blakemore
I think Scotland might qualify up past the group stage. ... worth a punt maybe, what are the odds?

jaden_2.0
Not great

Old Man Whirly!
Not great Ahh. England Scotland is so rare these days. I remember as a kid watching Scotland fans wreck Wembley on TV. I think it was 77 or 78.

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore

-Pr-
If taking the knee actually worked, I'd be all for it. As it stands, I'm not sure it has.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
England players will be taking the knee says Southgate. The far right who are still present in English football don't like it. Neither do Tory MP's. We have a lot of black players who face abuse every game and some European Countries to race make the US slave states seem liberal. Southgate says his players will not be bowed. I say fantastic!

What is it with Rightist freaking out over some people peacefully protesting via kneeling. We had it here, the meltdowns over our NFL players just kneeling.

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
What is it with Rightist freaking out over some people peacefully protesting via kneeling. We had it here, the meltdowns over our NFL players just kneeling. I think it has more to do with you can't win on the foundation level so you got to change the subject.

Robtard
Originally posted by Newjak
I think it has more to do with you can't win on the foundation level so you got to change the subject.

Sounds right.

snowdragon
I think it has more to do with you can't win on the foundation level so you got to change the subject.

You think so, I don't. I find that many times activism is just a scorecard and really has little to do with change and more about the narcissism of our twitter culture.

Newjak
Originally posted by snowdragon
You think so, I don't. I find that many times activism is just a scorecard and really has little to do with change and more about the narcissism of our twitter culture. How does this relate to peaceful protests constantly being changed so that they get yelled at for peacefully protesting?

snowdragon
How does this relate to peaceful protests constantly being changed so that they get yelled at for peacefully protesting?

All I said was many times peaceful protests are done to score points and not to support an action. Pretty simple really.

Bashar Teg
and who gets to stand judge over the protestors' motives and and true intent? oh wait, let me guess...

Old Man Whirly!
You think so, I don't. I find that many times activism is just a scorecard and really has little to do with change and more about the narcissism of our twitter culture. Activism predates twitter by a few decades in Europe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Against_Racism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick_It_Out_(organisation)

Etc etc.

Racism in football is much worse in Europe than in the US.

Newjak
All I said was many times peaceful protests are done to score points and not to support an action. Pretty simple really. Regardless of why you feel people participate in peaceful protests that doesn't change the underlying reasons for the protest. Nor does it mean you need to change the context of the conversation they are protesting for.

Klaw
When we the last time a protest achieved what it claimed it set out to do?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Klaw
When we the last time a protest achieved what it claimed it set out to do? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cable_Street

Certainly not the last time but the battle of cable street is a favourite of mine.

snowdragon
Regardless of why you feel people participate in peaceful protests that doesn't change the underlying reasons for the protest. Nor does it mean you need to change the context of the conversation they are protesting for.

Great, for years protesters have essentially either lied or have been lied to for their positions, being critical of that should be par for the course. Sorry hands up don't shoot didnt happen and it directed protests for years. Protest away its just that I question that value of said protests.

snowdragon
When we the last time a protest achieved what it claimed it set out to do?

Well BLM made MILLIONS, mission accomplished.

Old Man Whirly!
Well BLM made MILLIONS, mission accomplished. ... interesting. It's people successfully raising money for BLM that grinds your gears. What is it about equality you don't like mate?

Klaw
Well BLM made MILLIONS, mission accomplished.

The grift was successful, yes.

snowdragon
... interesting. It's people successfully raising money for BLM that grinds your gears. What is it about equality you don't like mate?

Really, you want to be that guy? I have zero issue with BLM as a movement but the organization was shit. Don't be "edgy" because I question the power dynamics.

Old Man Whirly!
Really, you want to be that guy? I have zero issue with BLM as a movement but the organization was shit. Don't be "edgy" because I question the power dynamics. You realise they are decentralised.

Klaw
I think everyone agrees with the statement "Black lives matter."

The organization is a Leftist organization.

And I've heard a lot of the money goes to Democratic candidates and incumbents.

snowdragon
You realise they are decentralised.

I sincerely doubt it, just like antifa is a global organization it started in europe decades ago. Just like proud boys have chapters they are all centralized in loose leadership.

Old Man Whirly!

The organization is a Leftist organization.

And I've heard a lot of the money goes to Democratic candidates and incumbents. If a nickel of that went to politics, they would lose their tax exemption," said Michael Malbin, director of the nonpartisan Campaign Finance Institute.

Old Man Whirly!
I sincerely doubt it, just like antifa is a global organization it started in europe decades ago. Just like proud boys have chapters they are all centralized in loose leadership. you should change your news sources laughing out loud

snowdragon
you should change your news sources laughing out loud

Oh, ok. Guess I'll have to avoid those guardians clips you keep quotingsmile

Klaw
Oh, ok. Guess I'll have to avoid those guardians clips you keep quotingsmile

thumb up Top notch!

Old Man Whirly!
Oh, ok. Guess I'll have to avoid those guardians clips you keep quotingsmile Antifa is not the ANL of my youth or the resistance 100 years ago in Italy. They are decentralised and pretty great though.

SquallX
... interesting. It's people successfully raising money for BLM that grinds your gears. What is it about equality you don't like mate?

You do know one of the founders of BLM just bought 3 houses in white neighborhoods right?

Yep, the movement is indeed working.

Robtard

No, everyone clearly doesn't agree, eg why we still have cops abusing and murdering Black people, especially Black men. Add the people who defend those cops to the list.

snowdragon
Antifa is not the ANL of my youth or the resistance 100 years ago in Italy. They are decentralised and pretty great though.

Antifa is still international regardless of what you want to believe.

Old Man Whirly!
Antifa is still international regardless of what you want to believe. Antifa is International and rightly so. Far right loons are in most countries.

snowdragon
You realise they are decentralised.

Yet these are your words.

Antifa is International and rightly so. Far right loons are in most countries.

Old Man Whirly!
Yet these are your words.

Antifa is International and rightly so. Far right loons are in most countries. Yup, the idea is international. The actions are local. Antifacism should be something everyone should get behind.

snowdragon
Yup, the idea is international. The actions are local. Antifacism should be something everyone should get behind.

It is until they become authoritarian.

Old Man Whirly!
It is until they become authoritarian. Bit of a red herring there Antifa didn't try and storm the capitol or refuse the US election mate. smile

snowdragon
Bit of a red herring there Antifa didn't try and storm the capitol or refuse the US election mate. smile

There is no red herring you are making this up beyond what it is, grats.

This is about antifa and now we know its international.

StyleTime
Does Macron getting slapped get its own thread? Or does it go here?

Old Man Whirly!
There is no red herring you are making this up beyond what it is, grats.

This is about antifa and now we know its international. Clearly the idea of Antifacism is International a famous war was fought over it.

Clearly Antifa never stormed the capitol or tried to overturn an election or any kind of banana republic authoritarianism advocated by many rightists who are probably on FBI watch lists, or I hope they are. smile

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by StyleTime
Does Macron getting slapped get its own thread? Or does it go here? Give it a thread laughing out loud

snowdragon
Clearly the idea of Antifacism is International a famous war was fought over it.

Don't be a ****in douchbag, oh yeah no world wars against communism must make it good 10's of millions dead in that hindsight.

Old Man Whirly!
Don't be a ****in douchbag, oh yeah no world wars against communism must make it good 10's of millions dead in that hindsight. Again whataboutism, no communists stormed the capitol I am aware of. smile

Bashar Teg
Anti-communism and anti-fascism have one thing in common: neither are political ideals, unlike the fascism and/or communism they oppose. attempts to paint them as an organized political force or terrorists is pure bad-faith trumper phaggotry thumb down

snowdragon
Again whataboutism, no communists stormed the capitol I am aware of. smile

Save your bullshit, I didn't talk about the capital just authoritarian behavior. Lolz you are a special troll.

Old Man Whirly!
Save your bullshit, I didn't talk about the capital just authoritarian behavior. Lolz you are a special troll. But in the present world Antifascism and Communism seem far less of a threat than uncontrolled Capitalism embraced by China, Russia and Trumpers.Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Anti-communism and anti-fascism have one thing in common: neither are political ideals, unlike the fascism and/or communism they oppose. attempts to paint them as an organized political force or terrorists is pure bad-faith trumper phaggotry thumb down thumb up

snowdragon
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Anti-communism and anti-fascism have one thing in common: neither are political ideals, unlike the fascism and/or communism they oppose. attempts to paint them as an organized political force or terrorists is pure bad-faith trumper phaggotry thumb down

They are literally a politicized force and organized, you just shit on your own belief denying that.

Bashar Teg
nah

snowdragon
But in the present world Antifascism and Communism seem far less of a threat than uncontrolled Capitalism embraced by China, Russia and Trumpers. thumb up

Good thing we couldnt have voted in Ralph Nader then.

Old Man Whirly!
nah thumb up This idea about Antifa is almost "stop the steal" delusional tbh. Propagated by the people who bought Qanon and Pizzagate. laughing out loud

Robtard
They're still buying it, m8

Scribble
LOL at anti-communism not being a force. Retard logic, not exactly surprising.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Against_Communism

reeeeeetard logic, spastic time from a political neophyte, and nobody was surprised.

Old Man Whirly!
They're still buying it, m8 Along with all the other shit, they come out with. Thing is, it's not just the hard core fair rightists, it's many moderate Trumpers, still to embarrassed to objectively look back on 45's term!

Bashar Teg
Along with all the other shit, they come out with. Thing is, it's not just the hard core fair rightists, it's many moderate Trumpers, still to embarrassed to objectively look back on 45's term!

WOW you have a lovely sig smile

Robtard
Along with all the other shit, they come out with. Thing is, it's not just the hard core fair rightists, it's many moderate Trumpers, still to embarrassed to objectively look back on 45's term!

Oh yeah, it's been noted for some time now that the differences between the Right and the Far-Right in America are becoming indistinguishable. Or have become.

Old Man Whirly!
WOW you have a lovely sig smile I do... I mean I DO! laughing out loud Someone has been sneaky and it wasn't me. Originally posted by Robtard
Oh yeah, it's been noted for some time now that the differences between the Right and the Far-Right in America are becoming indistinguishable. Or have become. Same here to be honest, except I have one close friend who is a right winger in the UK but ****ing hates Trump and Johnson and sees them as disgusting, but tbh he is only economically conservative, not socially.

Bashar Teg
I do... I mean I DO! laughing out loud Someone has been sneaky and it wasn't me.

we already had matching sigs once, and it got confusing

Old Man Whirly!
we already had matching sigs once, and it got confusing laughing out loud it's cool I like it. thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Who cares about politics!

England 2 : 0 Germany

Blakemore
Who cares about politics!

England 2 : 0 Germany ~clap~

Blakemore

Blakemore
jEb1Zh8eptg

Old Man Whirly!
England 4 : 0 Ukraine

Darth Thor
England 4 : 0 Ukraine

Its coming home !

Blakemore
U who?

Old Man Whirly!
1:1 half time
Lions won against the sharks bodes well for the Tests.

I saw black widow earlier today. If England win this has been an excellent day.

**** Politics.

Old Man Whirly!
2:1 England in the final thumb up

Darth Thor
2:1 England in the final thumb up

Footballs coming home!

they will probably lose to Italy

But who cares, we are in the Final !

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Footballs coming home!

they will probably lose to Italy

But who cares, we are in the Final ! Exactly rolling on floor laughing thumb up

Blakemore
Roast beef vs spaghetti

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/08/england-and-southgate-stop-divisive-politicians-hijacking-euro-2020-success?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other worth a read!

The squad’s public opposition to injustice makes it difficult for the joy of Wembley to be exploited by elements in Westminster

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore
You are not Southgate, no one is at his level.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
You are not Southgate, no one is at his level. True he is surpassing my previous woke hero, Gary Lineker!

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

jaden_2.0
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/08/england-and-southgate-stop-divisive-politicians-hijacking-euro-2020-success?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other worth a read!

The squad’s public opposition to injustice makes it difficult for the joy of Wembley to be exploited by elements in Westminster

Not that they aren't trying their hardest

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article24488514.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/1_Priti-Patel.jpg

Worse yet...

d9shjGM5Dm8

Old Man Whirly!
Not that they aren't trying their hardest

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article24488514.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/1_Priti-Patel.jpg

Worse yet...

d9shjGM5Dm8 So much cringe from those *****.

Blakemore
**** you both.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!
Same old story. Penalty choke!

samhain
Not giving Sancho and Rashford enough on field time to get warmed up before the shootout was a stupid move, too cautious, but never mind, we overachieved by reaching the final.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by samhain
Not giving Sancho and Rashford enough on field time to get warmed up before the shootout was a stupid move, too cautious, but never mind, we overachieved by reaching the final. 55 years... normal service has resumed.

Blakemore
Not letting sterling or Shaw or walker take a penalty and rashford really should have buried his.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by samhain
Not giving Sancho and Rashford enough on field time to get warmed up before the shootout was a stupid move, too cautious, but never mind, we overachieved by reaching the final.

Not letting sterling or Shaw or walker take a penalty and rashford really should have buried his.

Agree with both.

Oh well. Maybe in another 55 years.

Old Man Whirly!
Agree with both.

Oh well. Maybe in another 55 years. I honestly think this team is just starting out. They are still very young. I'm optimistic in the face of adversity.

Blakemore
Before the tournament, I said Italy would win it. At least I was right about something.

Old Man Whirly!
Before the tournament, I said Italy would win it. At least I was right about something. Your thread in the sports forum is the sole reason we lost.

Blakemore
**** off

Old Man Whirly!
**** off The people of our proud nation will never forgive you, you will have to live in a holiday home in Wales and run the risk of Walshy setting fire to it.

Blakemore
Walshy lives in Bristol. Anyway, most people blamed it on the black players, but I think it was more because of their youth, if anything.

Old Man Whirly!
Walshy lives in Bristol. Anyway, most people blamed it on the black players, but I think it was more because of their youth, if anything. In that case you will have to live in the values alone, listening to the stereophonic and Tom Jones. After your thread jinxed us Wales is your new home smile

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore
I am alluding to his miss in 96. Lineker should be manager. Nobody would question him.

Old Man Whirly!
I am alluding to his miss in 96. Lineker should be manager. Nobody would question him. Linekar will be following Leicester round Europe with his sons for the foreseeable future.

Darth Thor
Italians missed 2 as well. It's just nerves.

Blakemore
Roll up 2022, I guess.

Old Man Whirly!
Italians missed 2 as well. It's just nerves. thumb up Agreed, I have hopes for these boys.Originally posted by Blakemore
Roll up 2022, I guess. thumb up Agreed, I have hopes for these boys.

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!
Yup, poor kid. I think that was Southgates plan all along no one will talk about him missing now, as people forgot waddle when he missed.

Blakemore
Putting a 19 year old on the spot was stupid.

Old Man Whirly!
Try that again Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Yup, poor kid. I think that was Southgates plan all along no one will talk about him missing now, as people forgot waddle when he missed.

Blakemore

Darth Thor
Honestly they should have won it in normal time. They seem to have trouble scoring. The number of times Sterling was in the penalty area but no shot on target.

I felt that when they were playing Denmark (they got lucky with the penalty there), which is why I wasn't confident going into the final.

Blakemore
Same old England

-Pr-
Honestly they should have won it in normal time. They seem to have trouble scoring. The number of times Sterling was in the penalty area but no shot on target.

I felt that when they were playing Denmark (they got lucky with the penalty there), which is why I wasn't confident going into the final.

Sterling is almost always only good when he's coming on to the ball. Touch and shoot, sitter, diving header, toe poke etc. The worst thing he can do is be given time to stop and think.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by -Pr-
Sterling is almost always only good when he's coming on to the ball. Touch and shoot, sitter, diving header, toe poke etc. The worst thing he can do is be given time to stop and think. He is good assessing space quickly too whilst running.

-Pr-
He is good assessing space quickly too whilst running.

Sure, but once he gets to the box it's like he realises he doesn't know what to do next unless he has a clear shot.

Old Man Whirly!
Sure, but once he gets to the box it's like he realises he doesn't know what to do next unless he has a clear shot. Impossible to argue with that tbh laughing out loud

Blakemore
Next to no end product, though Tbf, his dribbling was impressive.

Darth Thor
He's the best chance of getting a penalty that's for sure!

Old Man Whirly!
Next to no end product, though Tbf, his dribbling was impressive. :agreed:

Old Man Whirly!
He's the best chance of getting a penalty that's for sure! laughing out loud true!

Blakemore
He's the best chance of getting a penalty that's for sure! that seemed a bit tongue in cheek laughing out loud

Darth Thor
that seemed a bit tongue in cheek laughing out loud

Well its a part compliment in that he gets to the penalty area a lot.

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore

Blakemore
I miss playing rugby too.

snowdragon
I miss playing rugby too.

You're a pretty small frame guy to rugby it up.

Blakemore

-Pr-
Impossible to argue with that tbh laughing out loud

That guy Rice, though; that guy's a ****ing star. He could be a huge player in years to come.

Robtard
That was an intense game and great. Sorry for the loss, Brits.

The people who said England were going to win it because of Brexit, as odd as that claim is, I assume they're being fair and now blaming Brexit for the loss?

Blakemore
Phillips in front of walker stones and maguire: the Yorkshire defense!

Old Man Whirly!
That guy Rice, though; that guy's a ****ing star. He could be a huge player in years to come. Yup, he could indeed. Originally posted by Robtard
That was an intense game and great. Sorry for the loss, Brits.

The people who said England were going to win it because of Brexit, as odd as that claim is, I assume they're being fair and now blaming Brexit for the loss? No, Southgate and black players from our ethneos.

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore
Well, rashford definitely ****ed up.

Robtard
Well, rashford definitely ****ed up.

I cringed so hard at that, felt so bad for the guy.

But it had nothing to do with his skin color (as the racist are claiming), he tried a risky tactic and it failed. If he had made it, he would be hailed a hero.

jaden_2.0
Sorry for the loss, Brits.

Excuse me?

Blakemore
I cringed so hard at that, felt so bad for the guy.

But it had nothing to do with his skin color (as the racist are claiming), he tried a risky tactic and it failed. If he had made it, he would be hailed a hero. definitely.

Old Man Whirly!
Excuse me? British by luck, English by grace of God shifty channelling the BNP with this post.

jaden_2.0
ING-GUR-LUND etc...

*smashes windows

*calls own players "n1663rs"

Old Man Whirly!
ING-GUR-LUND etc...

*smashes windows

*calls own players "n1663rs" laughing out loud Pretty much how it went down. Bar the firing fireworks from arsenal circulating on WhatsApp groups.

Blakemore

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Robtard
Excuse me?

Do the Scots cheer for the English to lose, like the Irish do?

-Pr-
Do the Scots cheer for the English to lose, like the Irish do?

A fair number of them do, yes.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>