When do Trumps attempts to gather support for reinstatement become a coup attempt?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Trump lost! And hard, but he seems to be looking for supporters and allies to disregard this loss and support his reinstatement, surely this is illegal in the states and could cause real violence, or perhaps a coup attempt, it's not.like a recent prior doesn't exist. So when do his actions and those of his leading followers start getting treated as treason?

truejedi
I'd say we are already there.

cdtm
People can support whoever they want. Trump still has to prove his allegations.

It's his dime to waste.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by truejedi
I'd say we are already there. I agree, but I'm not seeing any action. I mean his basically acting like a feudal European pretender to a crown.

cdtm
What are they supposed to do about it? Freedom of speech is a thing, and so far he hasn't actually taken anything by force. No coup has happened.

The Capital riot could fall at his feet before itd said and done, and maybe Dominion could go after him in a civil suit. But he isn't being locked up for executing a coup, because he simply isn't in power anymore. No matter what anyone else thinks or says about it.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by cdtm
People can support whoever they want. Trump still has to prove his allegations.

It's his dime to waste.

LOL. There is overwhelming evidence that the election was stolen, but it's kind of hard to prove it in a court of law when the judges keep throwing the cases out without even considering the evidence.

It's called a cover up and the lying fake media is in on it and so is big tech; they censor or ban anyone who posts legitimate evidence that it was stolen . It shows that the deep state is still alive and well.

Trump won in a landslide regardless of what the "official" result was.

cdtm
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
LOL. There is overwhelming evidence that the election was stolen, but it's kind of hard to prove it in a court of law when the judges keep throwing the cases out without even considering the evidence.

It's called a cover up and the lying fake media is in on it (so is big tech; they censor or ban anyone who posts legitimate evidence that it was stolen) . It shows that the deep state is still alive and well.

Trump won in a landslide regardless of what the "official" result was.

He's going through the legal system.

So no coup. thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
Of course it's no coup. The coup already happened when the election was stolen from him.

truejedi
Of course it's no coup. The coup already happened when the election was stolen from him.

My god you are a gullible person.

eThneoLgrRnae
Removing an illegitimate president is no coup, and Biden is illegitimate as potus in every way. There has never been a more illegitimate potus than ol' uncle Joe.

Blakemore
It was not stolen, you moron!

truejedi
This is why we cannot debate. Different planet. Flat earther types cannot be helped.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Trump lost! And hard, but he seems to be looking for supporters and allies to disregard this loss and support his reinstatement, surely this is illegal in the states and could cause real violence, or perhaps a coup attempt, it's not.like a recent prior doesn't exist. So when do his actions and those of his leading followers start getting treated as treason?

The coup was already attempted on Jan 6th 2021, everything that has followed from Trump and his talking heads is a followup to another attack/attempt.

ilikecomics
I think the transition from trump to Joe Biden was a color revolution done by the deep state.

The fact that is looks so obvious to conservatives is part of the plan.

For a fuller understanding of where this idea comes from
See this article.

http://www.softpanorama.org/Skeptics/Political_skeptic/Fifth_column/Articles/ introduction_to_color_revolution%C2%AD_strategy_an
d_tactic.shtml

Artol
I think calling what happened on January 6th a coup attempt is a bit overstating what happened. And even if you want to call it a coup attempt from some of the protesters there, some of whom certainly broke the law to some degree, to then claim that Trump orchestrated or was in charge of a coup attempt seems silly.

Clearly he is a bad loser, and he believes the election was taken from him, I don't think thinking or saying that should be illegal. I also don't think that him gathering supporters for a further political career should be stopped, I see the bigger problem to freedom in the big media houses, particularly Facebook and Twitter, having so much power that they can unilaterally destroy someone's chance to be heard in any meaningful way, these organizations shouldn't have that much power, particularly since they are owned and run by one or a handful of people, it's an immense danger to freedom and democracy.

If Trump were to plan to organize an armed take over of the United States, of course that would have to be dealt with by the states structures as it would be terrorism, treason or insurrection, however I don't see evidence of such a conspiracy. A lot of it also seems to me to be Democrats being just as bad winners as Trump is a bad loser.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Artol
I think calling what happened on January 6th a coup attempt is a bit overstating what happened. And even if you want to call it a coup attempt from some of the protesters there, some of whom certainly broke the law to some degree, to then claim that Trump orchestrated or was in charge of a coup attempt seems silly.

Clearly he is a bad loser, and he believes the election was taken from him, I don't think thinking or saying that should be illegal. I also don't think that him gathering supporters for a further political career should be stopped, I see the bigger problem to freedom in the big media houses, particularly Facebook and Twitter, having so much power that they can unilaterally destroy someone's chance to be heard in any meaningful way, these organizations shouldn't have that much power, particularly since they are owned and run by one or a handful of people, it's an immense danger to freedom and democracy.

If Trump were to plan to organize an armed take over of the United States, of course that would have to be dealt with by the states structures as it would be terrorism, treason or insurrection, however I don't see evidence of such a conspiracy. A lot of it also seems to me to be Democrats being just as bad winners as Trump is a bad loser.

Tell that to the five people who died, and the $1.5-million in damages to the capitol.

Artol
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Tell that to the five people who died, and the $1.5-million in damages to the capitol.

That is a strange reply, isn't it? I don't deny that there has been damage to the capitol, nor that people died and were hurt, nor that representatives were threatened. What I don't see evidence for is that there has been any sort of plan, orchestrated by Donald Trump, to implement a coup and seize power.

eThneoLgrRnae
Nope... Trump's not a loser, bad or otherwise, because he actually won.

And yeah, calling what happened on Jan 6 a "riot" or an "insurrection" is just plain retarded.... so is lumping the hundreds of thousands of Trump supporters who were peacefully protesting that day in DC in with the comparatively tiny number of idiots who forced their way into the Capitol building.

But of course democrats and the fake media don't have any interest in making that distinction. They want to punish every single Trumper who was in DC that day, regardless of whether or not they actually took part in the Capitol building breach.

tru-marvell
Tell the people who had loved ones "killed" during this 'peaceful protest" that it's silly to call what happened on Jan 6th a riot.

So what do you say to people who think there should be a military supported overthrow of government similar to what happens in other countries?

https://time.com/6053336/michael-flynn-coup/

This weekend, former Trump National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, called for a military coup against the U.S. government. He argued that, just like what happened in Myanmar, our military should seize power and overthrow our democratically elected government. We should all be alarmed when a former presidential appointee so blatantly turns his back on American democracy.

cdtm
That is a strange reply, isn't it? I don't deny that there has been damage to the capitol, nor that people died and were hurt, nor that representatives were threatened. What I don't see evidence for is that there has been any sort of plan, orchestrated by Donald Trump, to implement a coup and seize power.

Plus something like four of the five deaths happened as a result of health conditions or other factors.

From usatoday:

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Tell the people who had loved ones "killed" during this 'peaceful protest" that it's silly to call what happened on Jan 6th a riot.

So what do you say to people who think there should be a military supported overthrow of government similar to what happens in other countries?

https://time.com/6053336/michael-flynn-coup/

This weekend, former Trump National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, called for a military coup against the U.S. government. He argued that, just like what happened in Myanmar, our military should seize power and overthrow our democratically elected government. We should all be alarmed when a former presidential appointee so blatantly turns his back on American democracy. Bingo! thumb up

Blakemore
This will only gain democratic support. I think most republicans have lost faith in their party.

Robtard
The GOP/Trumpers are the party who cannot accept election results unless they win, then again, they still cried in 2016 about the results and they won that one.

They'll also go to any lengths to win, eg the insurrection on the capital eg look how many states are adopting voter-suppression laws now. They've known since at least the early 80's that the more people who vote, the less chance they have in winning.

If you don't believe me, take it from the mouths of Republicans:

8GBAsFwPglw

"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome - good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
-Paul Weyrich

Adam_PoE

A coup is a a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from the government. It does not have to be orchestrated by Trump himself to be a coup.

Adam_PoE
Plus something like four of the five deaths happened as a result of health conditions or other factors.

From usatoday:

Totally irrelevant. The riot was the proximate cause of those deaths. But for the riot, those people would still be alive.

eThneoLgrRnae
Again, blaming every Trump supporter who was peacefully protesting in DC that day for what a few hundred or so dumbasses did is just retarded. But, most leftists are in fact retarded so carry on I guess.

And also, just keep ignoring all the damage and people hurt or killed during all of those BLM/Antifa "mostly peaceful" (lol) protests. Why do democrats and dem voters always ignore those? Perhaps if the idiots who breached the capitol building had done more than just break a few windows and take a crap on Pelosi's desk the democrats would've deemed that a "mostly peaceful" protest as well. I know, maybe if they had burned down the building entirely then dems wouldn't be making a big deal out if it lol.

Edit: actually, I take that back... dems would wanna punish them regardless because so many of them were apparently Trump supporters. That is what democrats and their voters really wanna punish them for. January 6th is just the pretext they use for hoing after Trump supporters.

Adam_PoE
Again, blaming every Trump supporter who was peacefully protesting in DC that day for what a few hundred or so dumbasses did is just retarded. But, most leftists are in fact retarded so carry on I guess.

Keep that same energy:

And also, just keep ignoring all the damage and people hurt or killed during all of those BLM/Antifa "mostly peaceful" (lol) protests. Why do demoxrats and dem voters always ignore those? Perhaps if the idiots who breached the capitol building had done more than just break a few wi dows and take a crap on Pelosi's desk the democrats would've deemed that a "mostly peaceful" protest as well. I know, maybe if they had burned down the building entirely then dems wouldn't be making a big deal out if it lol.

Oh, too late. Hypocrisy confirmed.

eThneoLgrRnae

And also, just keep ignoring all the damage and people hurt or killed during all of those BLM/Antifa "mostly peaceful" (lol) protests. Why do democrats and dem voters always ignore those? Perhaps if the idiots who breached the capitol building had done more than just break a few windows and take a crap on Pelosi's desk the democrats would've deemed that a "mostly peaceful" protest as well. I know, maybe if they had burned down the building entirely then dems wouldn't be making a big deal out if it lol.

Edit: actually, I take that back... dems would wanna punish them regardless because so many of them were apparently Trump supporters. That is what democrats and their voters really wanna punish them for. January 6th is just the pretext they use for hoing after Trump supporters.

Edit: *going* after Trump supporters, not "hoing" lol. Still posting from this damn phone and as a result am much more prone to making typos.

cdtm
Totally irrelevant. The riot was the proximate cause of those deaths. But for the riot, those people would still be alive.

Could be:

The gunshot wound is a definite.

The cardiovascular disease is a strong may be. They may not have passed away that day, although odds are they were on borrowed time.

I'd argue the drug overdose person was doomed regardless. That's just poor judgement, leading to a sad outcome.

Blakemore
erm

Robtard
Keep that same energy:

Oh, too late. Hypocrisy confirmed.

laughing out loud

Robtard

Ummm, the people who didn't storm the capital and were just peacefully protesting their Big Lie are not being arrested, no one is going after them.

They're still deplorable Trumpers mind you, but they're not being arrested.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Ummm, the people who didn't storm the capital and were just peacefully protesting their Big Lie are not being arrested, no one is going after them.

They're still deplorable Trumpers mind you, but they're not being arrested. Not this time...

Robtard
They're radicalized, so probably over some act(s) in the near future.

Old Man Whirly!
They're radicalized, so probably over some act(s) in the near future. I agree, they want to be careful what they have posted in the past. I don't doubt the FBI even track sites like this.

Robtard
https://i.imgur.com/GETacrN.png

Old Man Whirly!
https://i.imgur.com/GETacrN.png laughing out loud

truejedi
Ashlii Bobbitt's death wound up not being ruled homicide I believe.

cdtm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_Donald_Trump

They've been trying to remove him since before he took office. Donald Trumps entire presidency has been an extended impeachment attempt.

Justified or not, I don't believe an entire four years of focus on removal can be characterized as good faith. They determined from before the start he had to go, and were looking for excuses to get rid of him.

That can be a type of coup attempt.

Robtard
Trump shouldn't have committed impeachable offenses. Only three in total have been impeached, seems like a fairly easy thing to avoid.

In Don McGhan's recent testimony, he knew Trump was committing impeachable offenses and knew if he had followed Trump's orders, he could have implicated himself legally.

Adam_PoE

They've been trying to remove him since before he took office. Donald Trumps entire presidency has been an extended impeachment attempt.

Justified or not, I don't believe an entire four years of focus on removal can be characterized as good faith. They determined from before the start he had to go, and were looking for excuses to get rid of him.

So much for the Foreign Emoluments clause of the Constitution, amirite?

eThneoLgrRnae

thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
thumb up durwank

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.