All drugs should be legalized.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Klaw
If I want to use drugs, I should be able to without fear of prosecution.

As long as I'm not harming others the Government has no right to stop me from using drugs.

It would also end the war on drugs and focus on treatment and we would stop treating addicts like criminals.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

tru-marvell
Sounds good to me...but who is paying for the repeated rehab/treatment for the habitual user?

StiltmanFTW
TimeImmemorial is paying for everything.

He is a very rich fellow, he even owns a pair of purple pants.

samhain
Congratulations on your 18th birthday Klaw, which I assume is upcoming.

Old Man Whirly!
Apart from the opening post which is full of fail and aids. This thread is made of win! laughing out loud

Klaw
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Sounds good to me...but who is paying for the repeated rehab/treatment for the habitual user?

I support M4A, so everyone.

Blakemore
Men get their own way!

snowdragon
Originally posted by Klaw
If I want to use drugs, I should be able to without fear of prosecution.

As long as I'm not harming others the Government has no right to stop me from using drugs.

It would also end the war on drugs and focus on treatment and we would stop treating addicts like criminals.

I'd be ok with that, generally speaking. I'm still waiting for legalized weed.

Blakemore

Klaw
Is snowdragon moving to Canada?

Blakemore

Klaw
What about you?

Blakemore
That would be a long plane flight and involve a lot of paperwork.

Robtard
I mostly agree. Alcohol is one of the most, if not the most destructive drug and it's legal. Legalize drugs, but regulate them. So there's standards.

Blakemore
thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Is snowdragon moving to Canada? oh Eon, you and your vpn. laughing out loud

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
I mostly agree. Alcohol is one of the most, if not the most destructive drug and it's legal. Legalize drugs, but regulate them. So there's standards.

How about I'm more in favor of decriminalizing than making all of them legal would be how I feel about them.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Why do y'all never complain about having to pay for their imprisonment?

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
How about I'm more in favor of decriminalizing than making all of them legal would be how I feel about them.

Yeah, possible. That could help in regulations more vs legalizing. I'd have to look into more closely.

snowdragon
Yeah, possible. That could help in regulations more vs legalizing. I'd have to look into more closely.

Well if you dont make it illegal then we get less criminals for silly things like personal use of drugs and arrests, that was my thought anyway.

Old Man Whirly!
The thing is legalisation, didn't improve the damage done to families, crimes caused under the influence, including collateral fallout. Medical and psychological care needed for those damaged...

cdtm
Laws should exist for driving under the influence and such, same as with alcohol.

And I do think certain substances are simply too destructive to allow.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
The thing is legalisation, didn't improve the damage done to families, crimes caused under the influence, including collateral fallout. Medical and psychological care needed for those damaged...

I totally agree but we know we can't just ban it and make it so ppl never use again, my thoughts are to simply keep ppl out of a legal system that can wreck them without even thinking about other consequences.

Klaw
Originally posted by cdtm
Laws should exist for driving under the influence and such, same as with alcohol.

Why does the destruction of certain substances mean they should be illegal?

Old Man Whirly!
I totally agree but we know we can't just ban it and make it so ppl never use again, my thoughts are to simply keep ppl out of a legal system that can wreck them without even thinking about other consequences. fair enough but coke for instance has a habit of getting people aggressive.

snowdragon
fair enough but coke for instance has a habit of getting people aggressive.

Yeah crack has a super high rate of addiction too but we know that certain groups are hit harder by drugs and drug crimes so better to treat an addict than make another victim of our legal system that gets them ostracized from much of functional society, imo.

cdtm
Yeah crack has a super high rate of addiction too but we know that certain groups are hit harder by drugs and drug crimes so better to treat an addict than make another victim of our legal system that gets them ostracized from much of functional society, imo.

What if one refuses treatment?

Or repeatedly offends?

snowdragon
What if one refuses treatment?

Or repeatedly offends?

As long as they are nonviolent we keep working to help them, it's not an easy answer and certainly not black and white but it's generally better to be a medic than a cop in situations like that, hope springs eternalsmile

Robtard

Alcohol is very likely the most destructive.

Old Man Whirly!
Alcohol is very likely the most destructive. But is that just because it's legalised and more widely used?

cdtm
But is that just because it's legalised and more widely used?

And abused?

With tobacco and alcohol, there is a distinction betwern moderate use and binging.

Some hard drugs will mess you up no matter how little you use.

Adam_PoE
I support M4A, so everyone.

https://i.imgflip.com/4qj1xh.jpg

Oops, your masked slipped again, Eon.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
https://i.imgflip.com/4qj1xh.jpg

Oops, your masked slipped again, Eon. laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Oops, your masked slipped again, Eon.

https://i.imgur.com/CIgQmVc.gif

ilikecomics
https://mises.org/wire/no-decriminalization-marijuana-not-better-legalization

This article surprised me to read.

I figured the default libertarian case would be decriminalization, but this article argues for legalization, taxation, and regulation.

Not sure, if this is interesting to non libertarians or not.

ilikecomics
Alcohol is very likely the most destructive.

New research just came out that it's a Neuro toxin and detrimental at any level of consumption.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/health/alcohol-brain-health-intl-scli-wellness/index.html

Artol
I agree that all drugs should be decriminalized. The sale should be regulated though, probably also not for profit,

SquallX

Robtard
But is that just because it's legalised and more widely used?

I see your point, but I really don't know. During the 13years of prohibition, while alcohol consumption feel sharply in year one, it steadily rose to at least 70% of is pre-prohibition levels. Some argue it was higher.

But my point is, if were going to allow and regulate a drug that is top-tier destructive, kinda silly to not do it for others. I've never tried cocaine, crack cocaine, meth, LSD, MDMA or heroine, should they be decriminalized or legalized tomorrow, I still wouldn't try them.

ilikecomics
I see your point, but I really don't know. During the 13years of prohibition, while alcohol consumption feel sharply in year one, it steadily rose to at least 70% of is pre-prohibition levels. Some argue it was higher.

But my point is, if were going to allow and regulate a drug that is top-tier destructive, kinda silly to not do it for others. I've never tried cocaine, crack cocaine, meth, LSD, MDMA or heroine, should they be decriminalized or legalized tomorrow, I still wouldn't try them.

thumb up thumb up

Klaw
If all drugs were legalized, I would not be tempted to try them.

I don't even drink alcohol now.

SquallX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.