Starfield (2022)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1

Smasandian
I'm disappointed its not coming out this year...I actually thought it would.

But I wonder what direction they will go with this....I assume there will be some sort of ship building mechanic in it.....

Nemesis X
Next year or the year after I about expected with how big they're trying to make this sound. Wonder why it wasn't shown during the Microsoft conference.

Jmanghan
Huh, game didn't have a thread yet? That's odd.

Either way, game looks great.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Huh, game didn't have a thread yet? That's odd.

Either way, game looks great. I was thinking the same. I searched but didn't find anything which is wild considering how big this game is likely to be.

Smasandian
Welll...to be fair....the only thing we had to go on was a teaser trailer of a name....2-3 years ago.

We still don't have any gameplay to show....and the new trailer is just another teaser. Though...considering Fallout 4 was in 2016...that's a pretty big gap to next Bethesda game...maybe that is a good thing.

Arachnid1
h50yrNPaW_4

Buildable ships and bases is cool as shit

Smasandian
They didn't mention if planets are accessible from space...or if its a fast travel kind of thing.

Looks fun and good...Fallout in space...but I'm cool with that!

I was watching the IGN feed and the first thing that was said was they didn't like the health bars....haha.. That's what you got from that showcase! And because it has the same feeling as No Many Sky....they were like "I hope there is some story and etc"....and I think people have gotten dumber every year. It's a Bethesda game....it's going to have interesting things to find and do.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
They didn't mention if planets are accessible from space...or if its a fast travel kind of thing.

Looks fun and good...Fallout in space...but I'm cool with that!

I was watching the IGN feed and the first thing that was said was they didn't like the health bars....haha.. That's what you got from that showcase! And because it has the same feeling as No Many Sky....they were like "I hope there is some story and etc"....and I think people have gotten dumber every year. It's a Bethesda game....it's going to have interesting things to find and do. Lmao

I was watching IGN and rolled my eyes at that line too. The UI looks fantastic IMO

ares834
Looks pretty good. Honestly, better than I was expecting.

Smasandian
I think you have to commend them for making a new IP. It's harder to see new AAA titles (even if it's just space Fallout).

It's going to be another Bethesda game...buggy, weak overall story but after playing for a few hours, you look at your clock and its 3AM in the morning kind of vibe.

I would interested to see the base camp mechanic...will it the same as Fallout 4...or something different. I would also love to see if flying consists of only in space.....or can you fly around these planets.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Smasandian
I think you have to commend them for making a new IP. It's harder to see new AAA titles (even if it's just space Fallout).

It's going to be another Bethesda game...buggy, weak overall story but after playing for a few hours, you look at your clock and its 3AM in the morning kind of vibe.

I would interested to see the base camp mechanic...will it the same as Fallout 4...or something different. I would also love to see if flying consists of only in space.....or can you fly around these planets.

My concern after watching the gameplay trailer is that the planets will be procedurally generated, which is not good news. Bethesda is bad as a company for making a horribly glitched product and letting the community fix it, so I expect the same here. If Todd Howard goes all greedy again and tries to prevent free community modding, this game will probably die and the company will start to lose fans.

As for the actual gameplay, there were a lot of jumps in the trailer, so you can't see anything but the polished stuff they had in mind. The gunplay looks uninspired, and without VATS it will be a bore. The crafting probably suffers from the same flaws as FO4, although I do like the hiring of crew/personnel and building of modular ships/bases a lot. I spent many more hours settlement building in FO4 than I did progressing the plot (which could be told before my coffee cools it's so barebones) so I hope they play up this aspect of the sandbox.

Smasandian
Meh, I think the 1000 planets is overblown. Most are going to be procedurally generated but I assume curated experiences will exist within the world they created.

The problem with No Man Sky is that all planets were done that way. I have to assume Bethesda will create a fair number of areas (probably more areas than most games have) that will similar to Skyrim/Fallout. The remaining planets are probably going to empty, just like in real life and I assume are going to be used for people to create settlements and etc.

Modding has already been confirmed, they haven't removed modding from all the other games.

Nemesis X
LyL5kKW5xAo

cdtm
We already have Star Citizen, we knew nothing could beat it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.