Exploiting division will always lead to tragedy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!

eThneoLgrRnae
Then why do you leftists always stoke division while wrongly accusing us of doing it? Actually, that is a rhetorical question because I already know the reason y'all do it, obviously.

Quit projecting what you leftists do and are onto conservatives.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Then why do you leftists always stoke division while wrongly accusing us of doing it? Actually, that is a rhetorical question because I already know the reason y'all do it, obviously.

Quit projecting what you leftists do and are onto conservatives. Calm down mate, anyone would almost think you're not a parody troll and you mean the shit you spew. But that's impossible laughing out loud surely. smile

eThneoLgrRnae
Obama was the divider-in-chief, not Trump. If it wasn't for Obama's and other democrats' divisiveness Trump never would've been able to come into power.

Democrats, "woke" Hollywood, and the lying media are responsible for creating the populist wave that propelled Trump into the WH.

Old Man Whirly!
Obama was the divider-in-chief, not Trump. If it wasn't for Obama's and other democrats' divisiveness Trump never would've been able to come into power.

Democrats, "woke" Hollywood, and the lying media are responsible for creating the populist wave that propelled Trump into the WH. But the people have never voted for Trump and your values. Damn those New Yorkers and Californians and their fancy electricity... amirite? smile

eThneoLgrRnae
Lame trolling attempt, pooty. Far more lame than how lame you wrongly think Klaw's thread was.

Old Man Whirly!
Lame trolling attempt, pooty. Far more lame than how lame you wrongly think Klaw's thread was. Disagree... facts are not trolling, the majority of us citizens have never voted for Trump.

eThneoLgrRnae
If you truly do believe that BS you peddle that Trump was installed into WH with Putin's help rather than just doing it to troll then I genuinely feel sorry for you and you obviously have never seen the size of a typical Trump rally.

Or perhaps you think those 30k-50k Trump supporters that typically show up to his rallies even in blue areas are not actually his supporters but are paid by him to be there? LOL.

Or maybe you think they are all russian agents lol. laughing out loud

Old Man Whirly!
If you truly do believe that BS you peddle that Trump was installed into WH with Putin's help rather than just doing it to troll then I genuinely feel sorry for you and you obviously have never seen the size of a typical Trump rally.

Or perhaps you think those 30k-50k Trump supporters that typically show up to his rallies even in blue areas are not actually his supporters but are paid by him to be there? LOL.

Or maybe you think they are all russian agents lol. laughing out loud he has never won the majority per capita vote of Americans Ethneo, and your views are even more in the minority. smile

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
he has never won the majority per capita vote of Americans Ethneo, and your views are even more in the minority. smile

It's why our Right relies of shit-antics to win, fear, anger, gerrymandering, voter suppression.

8GBAsFwPglw

"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome - good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
-Paul Weyrich

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
It's why our Right relies of shit-antics to win, fear, anger, gerrymandering, voter suppression.

8GBAsFwPglw

"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome - good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
-Paul Weyrich They love voter suppression.

Robtard

Democrats, "woke" Hollywood, and the lying media are responsible for creating the populist wave that propelled Trump into the WH.

^Trumpers never taking responsibility. Typical Rightist move.

Old Man Whirly!
^Trumpers never taking responsibility. Typical Rightist move. on that note, this is classic.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/maga-internet-turns-on-trump-456490

Robtard

Old Man Whirly!

Robtard
it literally is Rob, will read.

These new sweeping voter restriction laws will likely allow the GOP to win in 2022.

Scribble
he has never won the majority per capita vote of Americans Ethneo, and your views are even more in the minority. smile So you don't agree with the electoral college system?

snowdragon
Originally posted by Scribble
So you don't agree with the electoral college system?

I am going to say the EC is good based on the relationships of the states, is it flawed, yes, is it perfect no.

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh, are we going back to arguing about the EC yet again? *sigh*

Guess everyone is gonna get to repeat everything they've said dozens of times already in the past and we will end up going in circles again for like a dozen pages lol.... yippee, what fun!

I'll start:

Electoral college >>>>>>>>>>> popular vote system. wink

Scribble
As far as American democratic politics go, the Electoral College is better than the Popular Vote, yeah.

Old Man Whirly!
Disagree for the reasons, I have stated many times before. It's a ludicrous system which puts many populace areas at the whim off rural areas which are less populace.

Scribble
Disagree for the reasons, I have stated many times before. It's a ludicrous system which puts many populace areas at the whim off rural areas which are less populace. So the majority should rule over the minority, even when it is 51% to 49%?

Old Man Whirly!
So the majority should rule over the minority, even when it is 51% to 49%? sure. That's majority rule and in America a few million people.

Scribble
sure. That's majority rule and in America a few million people. So you agree that Brexit was a fair democratic vote, then? Because iirc Brexit got passed on roughly that kind of close-split vote (52% leave vs 48% remain)

(I voted Remain)

Old Man Whirly!
So you agree that Brexit was a fair democratic vote, then? Because iirc Brexit got passed on roughly that kind of close-split vote (52% leave vs 48% remain)

(I voted Remain) I have never objected to the result. I objected to the process how the result came about. I feel the vote leave group should have been sanctioned more over all the rules that were broken and I wonder if where the rules of engagement have been breached and legal action has been taken successfully a victory should be lauded. I have never suggested storming our capital not Capitol because I respect the rule of law. There was a strong case for another vote however.

Robtard
sure. That's majority rule and in America a few million people.

The EC is an antiquated and now corrupt system, why Rightist are the ones most eager to keep it.

Everyone's vote should count the same. Be it they're from California or Colorado. One person, one equal vote, the person with the most votes wins.

Scribble
I have never objected to the result. I objected to the process how the result came about. I feel the vote leave group should have been sanctioned more over all the rules that were broken and I wonder if where the rules of engagement have been breached and legal action has been taken successfully a victory should be lauded. I have never suggested storming our capital not Capitol because I respect the rule of law. There was a strong case for another vote however. Yeah, fair enough. I mostly agree, I think the idea for the vote in the first place was highly irresponsible of the Tories (no surprise there), and was mostly Cameron being reckless.

Idk about another vote, because then there would be a precedent for another, and another, etc. Either way it seems to me like it was a way to create a huge diversion from the fact that the Tories are tearing the country to pieces and making big US dollars from the whole thing, whilst retaining political power.

Anyway, obvs this isn't a Brexit thread, I was just interested to see what your general opinion was on the whole thing and it seems pretty consistent!

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, fair enough. I mostly agree, I think the idea for the vote in the first place was highly irresponsible of the Tories (no surprise there), and was mostly Cameron being reckless.

Idk about another vote, because then there would be a precedent for another, and another, etc. Either way it seems to me like it was a way to create a huge diversion from the fact that the Tories are tearing the country to pieces and making big US dollars from the whole thing, whilst retaining political power.

Anyway, obvs this isn't a Brexit thread, I was just interested to see what your general opinion was on the whole thing and it seems pretty consistent! Thing is, it's questionable if Brexit was what they were voting for even, certainly as it is now. Yes, agreed it should never have happened, irresponsible is an understatement.

Blakemore
Thing is, it's questionable if Brexit was what they were voting for even, certainly as it is now. Yes, agreed it should never have happened, irresponsible is an understatement. I disagree. I think it was a long time coming.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
I disagree. I think it was a long time coming. and that's democracy, the right to disagree and vote for something. We all have friends and family who have contrary opinions on Brexit. It's something we get over in Britain in the British way of moving on and I think we have. I believe one day we will rejoin Europe. Only time will tell. Although they may choose not to have us back.

Blakemore

ilikecomics
Democracy is inherently authoritarian.

Blakemore

Blakemore
But to whirly, I think Britain will still have good relations with Europe and other nations.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by ilikecomics
Democracy is inherently authoritarian.

Which is why a true republic -- which is what the United States actually is -- is infinitely superior.

Republic >>>>>> democracy..

Blakemore
Which is why a true republic -- which is what the United States actually is -- is infinitely superior.

Republic >>>>>> democracy.. yes, just ask palpatine.

Klaw
Democracy is a horrible system, always has been, always will be.

Newjak
I always find it funny when a conservative talks about this being a Republic like it matters to the discussions at hand lol.

Like no one in the modern age is talking about Democracy in the traditional Greek everyone votes on every topic lol.

Robtard
America is both a Democracy and a Republic, things do not have to be exclusive.

Newjak
America is both a Democracy and a Republic, things do not have to be exclusive. What America is a mixed system. No way!!!!

Klaw
How many of you support a pure Democracy?

Newjak
So you don't agree with the electoral college system? I don't agree with it.

The system inherently makes it so some people's votes matter more than others and that some people's votes don't matter at all.

Which to me is terrible system.

Newjak
Originally posted by Klaw
How many of you support a pure Democracy? What do you mean by a 'pure' democracy?

Klaw
Originally posted by Newjak
What do you mean by a 'pure' democracy?

Whatever the majority wants, they get.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Klaw
How many of you support a pure Democracy?

Not me, I like the EC for president but in many cases voting for elected officials locally is purely democratic.

Beyond that I like rank choice over the EC though if given a choice.

Old Man Whirly!
I don't agree with it.

The system inherently makes it so some people's votes matter more than others and that some people's votes don't matter at all.

Which to me is terrible system. Yup thumb up

Robtard
What America is a mixed system. No way!!!!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-J5_Z-mq5tSU/W2crt0V7kUI/AAAAAAAAAHg/qZ1R8AREtfI9ZoE90SRhu2oIjIlUYpuCwCLcBGAs/s1600/giphy.gif

eThneoLgrRnae
Thank God for the great wisdom of our founding fathers in giving us an electoral college instead of a shitty popular vote system which would make it much easier to cheat.

Didn't do much good last time though, obviously. Democrats practically cheated in full view of everyone and got away with it and this manufactured covid shit made it much easier for them to do it. Which is one reason why I still say China released it onto the world on purpose. They didn't want us to have a strong leader like Trump who would stand up to them. They knew they could control Biden.

That wasn't the only reason they did it but it was a significant part of it, imo.

Robtard
Odd how Covid19 can be both a 'Democrat manufactured lie' and something real released by China to make Trump lose.

Old Man Whirly!
Odd how Covid19 can be both a 'Democrat manufactured lie' and something real released by China to make Trump lose. laughing out loud

Scribble
I don't agree with it.

Which to me is terrible system. I don't see how domination of cities over rural areas is any better, or how 51% dominating the 49% can lead to any form of social cohesion.

Artol

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Artol
Sometimes you have to point out and rally around divisions to actually change them. Turning a blind eye to them is perhaps worse. you certainly do, especially when what is being stoked will lead to murder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.