Is it true that Dooku could have beaten Sidious in a light saber duel (see details)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
https://youtu.be/JhTk4_noR6w

In the fan based video above what do you reckon was that canonically stated as well? Also it doesnt make sense as Vos and Aniken defeated dooku etc..

Tzeentch
No, it's not true.

McP
Pre TPM Sidious vs Dooku in sabers only? Impossible to tell, perhaps.

TravisMFoster
Thanks for your answer.

relentless1

juyomaster34
Sidious feared Dooku's lightsaber skill.
After all Dooku was THEE master of Makashi.
His skill in Makashi is second to none.
Dooku's mastery in the Force is questionable compared to Sidious.
Dooku never challenged him.
Maul wasn't a true Sith and neither was Dooku.
Both were only place holders and pieces on a dejarreck board.

juggernaut74
I remember reading one of those canon Fact Files and in there is stated Dooku was becoming more powerful and that Sidious had to keep a close eye on him.

Or something like this. Anyone know exactly?

Galan007
This?
https://i.imgur.com/lNdHJPw.jpg
-Fact Files v3 #78.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Galan007
This?
https://i.imgur.com/lNdHJPw.jpg
-Fact Files v3 #78. Yes that's it.

I hope we get to see more Dooku centric stories at some point. I'm almost certain there was some truth to that conversation between Dooku and Kenobi on Geonosis when he told them Sidious was Palpatine.

Galan007
Or perhaps that conversation was just Dooku playing mind-games with Kenobi, in order to try and sway him towards the dark side?

Because the novels Jedi Lost and Master & Apprentice both make it pretty clear that Dooku had grown so disillusioned with the Jedi, that he borderline hated what the Order had become(he saw them as mere puppets who, right or wrong, simply enforced the will of the Republic/Senate.) That's why he renounced the Order, started lusting after a means of furthering his power, and teamed-up with Palpatine in the first place... And per the same novels, we also know that Dooku had been secretly studying(and even using) the dark side decades before he even left the Order.

So yeah, I'm not exactly convinced that Dooku was ever truly "on the fence" about any of his actions. /shrug

Darth Thor
He likely did want Kenobi to join him to destroy Sidious together. Much like what Maul offered to Ahsoka. Its what lesser Sith do. Try to overthrow the top dog.

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He likely did want Kenobi to join him to destroy Sidious together. Much like what Maul offered to Ahsoka. Its what lesser Sith do. Try to overthrow the top dog.

Vader and Luke, too.

And so on, and so on.

juggernaut74

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Galan007
Or perhaps that conversation was just Dooku playing mind-games with Kenobi, in order to try and sway him towards the dark side?

Because the novels Jedi Lost and Master & Apprentice both make it pretty clear that Dooku had grown so disillusioned with the Jedi, that he borderline hated what the Order had become(he saw them as mere puppets who, right or wrong, simply enforced the will of the Republic/Senate.) That's why he renounced the Order, started lusting after a means of furthering his power, and teamed-up with Palpatine in the first place... And per the same novels, we also know that Dooku had been secretly studying(and even using) the dark side decades before he even left the Order.

So yeah, I'm not exactly convinced that Dooku was ever truly "on the fence" about any of his actions. /shrug I think a big part of it was Qui-Gon's death which affected him pretty bad?

Darth Thor
^ Think in new canon he was already apprenticed to Sidious by then.

Sheev
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Think in new canon he was already apprenticed to Sidious by then. Yep. Dooku was already a Sith Lord (with a Sith name) well before Qui-Gon's death.

StiltmanFTW
Wasn't that sort of thing implied in the old canon as well?

Sheev
I don't think it was directly stated in legends, but it might have been low key implied in the Darth Plagueis novel. Can't remember.

It has obviously been confirmed in canon though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.