Dominic Toretto vs. John Wick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Dom killed John Wick's dog. John killed Dom's family.

The two get into a h2h fight in the middle of a parking lot.

Who wins?

Robtard
Wick has the H2H skill advantage, Toretta has superhuman strength and durability.

KingD19
None of Wick's skills will really help him as his style is mostly joint locks, manipulations and throws. It's really BJJ heavy. Dom will just ignore that and physically overpower him whenever he tries something. And his punches and kicks won't do much at all.

NemeBro
Originally posted by KingD19
None of Wick's skills will really help him as his style is mostly joint locks, manipulations and throws. It's really BJJ heavy. Dom will just ignore that and physically overpower him whenever he tries something. And his punches and kicks won't do much at all. Yeah pretty much. Wick at times is arguably superhuman for his height and build but Dom and the other main characters in the FnF series are legitimate superhumans all around.

KingD19
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah pretty much. Wick at times is arguably superhuman for his height and build but Dom and the other main characters in the FnF series are legitimate superhumans all around.

Mmmhm. You're not gonna joint lock a guy who can hold up a 3,000lb car for 5 minutes with only a slight strain. Or who can stop a falling engine block with one hand. Or stomp a f*cking parking deck hard enough to make it collapse. I haven't even seen F9 yet so I don't know how much more ridiculous Dom is. Now if strength/durability was equalized, I'd go John all day. But this is basically a really tough, really skilled guy vs a super soldier.

We can even look at John's fights against "giants". In 2 he fought the Sumo and had to shoot him. And in Parabellum in the library it took everything he had and a big ole book to take down that tall guy. Dom on the other hand would have thrown both of them like children or punched them to sleep in one hit.

Robtard
FF9 is a complete shitshow, but does one thing right, it directly makes fun of how insane the characters are and what they can do/survive.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
I haven't even seen F9 yet so I don't know how much more ridiculous Dom is.

About 70 times stronger and more durable than 616 Colossus with the Juggernaut and Phoenix Force amps.

That's Dom without the Family amp.

Dom w/ Family >>> TOAA, Presence, Bedlam Spirits, The Ones, Cthulhu and Raz.

HulkIsHulk
Dom powered right through one of Hobbs' armbars, Wick has no chance of putting him in a lock
https://imgur.com/PZ4L3bO

marcssands14
Bump. Good fight lol

Jmanghan
Wick's skill in H2H is very good, but it's his resourcefulness that makes him so dangerous.

If it's pure H2H... IMO? Wick gets curbed... his punches, kicks, and locks simply won't do anything. Plus, while I'll give him the benefit that he was tired and was shot, he lost a fight to that bodyguard in John Wick 1.

If Wick gets his hands on an edged weapon of any kind, finds a pin on the ground, a pen, a pencil (a ****ing PENCIL), god help Dom if he finds a stray knife, he will probably win. He'll have resistance from Dom but Dom won't be able to stop him from driving them into his head or neck.

KingD19
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Wick's skill in H2H is very good, but it's his resourcefulness that makes him so dangerous.

If it's pure H2H... IMO? Wick gets curbed... his punches, kicks, and locks simply won't do anything. Plus, while I'll give him the benefit that he was tired and was shot, he lost a fight to that bodyguard in John Wick 1.

If Wick gets his hands on an edged weapon of any kind, finds a pin on the ground, a pen, a pencil (a ****ing PENCIL), god help Dom if he finds a stray knife, he will probably win. He'll have resistance from Dom but Dom won't be able to stop him from driving them into his head or neck.

That's about 90% true. With how crazy things are in the FFVerse though, I could see Dom still killing Wick before he himself kicks the bucket. Or just walks it off. He got shot in the back once and it pissed him off. Then he turned around and beat the guy who shot him. So while I agree Wick should win with a tool or weapon, the chances of it being a phyrric victory are very very high lol. Wick's a cartoon, but Dom is Bugs Bunny.

TheVaultDweller
Dom both rounds IMO.

In the new film, Dom briefly holds back like a dozen guys by himself (and only gets floored when several guys grab on each arm and another punches him in the face, and then he still fights free again) and pulls on a pair of chains hanging from a large concrete support beam hard enough to make the whole thing collapse.

tkitna
I'm not a Fast and Furious guy at all and never really watched or paid attention to any of the flicks, but I was bored and watched FF9 last night. Holy hell thats some funny, over the top crap.

Dom wins and easily

FrothByte
Originally posted by tkitna
I'm not a Fast and Furious guy at all and never really watched or paid attention to any of the flicks, but I was bored and watched FF9 last night. Holy hell thats some funny, over the top crap.

Dom wins and easily

It used to be about racing, car heists and a very few hand to hand fight scenes.

Somewhere along the way (probably 5th or 6th movie) it turned into a cross between superhero movies and Loony Toon shows.

KingD19
Finally watched it. You could take John Wick, and add Halle Berry, the Iron Chef, Donnie Yen from Wick 4, Common, and the Raid ninjas. Dom would still poop on all of them. He'd be throwing John around like a literal rag doll.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
It used to be about racing, car heists and a very few hand to hand fight scenes.

Somewhere along the way (probably 5th or 6th movie) it turned into a cross between superhero movies and Loony Toon shows.

Yeah, was around the time Dwayne Johnson entered the franchise and they started doing things like using a vault as a wrecking ball while dragging it along a freeway.

TheVaultDweller
Also, no idea why I said both rounds. For some reason, I must have assumed one round featured weapons lol. This is what comes from posting after several days of little sleep.

But yeah, in a pure H2H fight Dom would beat the absolute piss out of John. The strength and durability gap is just way too big, even if Wick is more skilled from a technical standpoint.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.