New Star Trek Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Yes it's happening...

https://deadline.com/2021/07/star-trek-film-director-wandavision-matt-shakman-1234792438/

riv6672

-Pr-
https://i.imgur.com/edpJDNc.gif

Darth Thor
I take it the JJ Abrams Bad Robot is basically a confirmation this is a continuation of the Trek 2009 series.

I like the cast so don't mind. Just feel they need to stop trying so hard to be a big box office success. Just try to be a solid Trek film. But one that can bring new fans on board. I thought Trek 2009 did a decent job of that tbh.

Robtard
Sweet, been too long.

I'm actually happy they're using the same cast from Star Trek 2009 and I'm happy with the director, looking at his resume, he's done a ton of shows, many of them good to great.

Do wonder how they're going to handle Chekhov, recast the character or write him out in some fashion? I prefer a recast as Chekov is an important character.

StiltmanFTW
Star Trek needs to die.

Robtard
Star Trek is like Star Wars for smart people.

Lucas has said that Star Trek was a major inspiration when he was creating Star Wars.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by -Pr-
https://i.imgur.com/edpJDNc.gif

abrams did okay with the first reboot episode, so i'll hold out on prejudging this one. i'm not suggesting that your wariness is unwarranted; but let's not behave as if they hired zack snyder or michael bay, that's all i'm saying

StiltmanFTW
gd5yB9Vmd6I

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
I prefer a recast as Chekov is an important character.

I mean I personally feel like Marvel should have recast Chadwick Boseman who was far more critical a role to that franchise. Chekov on the other hand can easily just not show up again. So doubt they will recast out of "respect"

But I agree with you that they should recast Chekov. As they should have done with T'Challa.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I mean I personally feel like Marvel should have recast Chadwick Boseman who was far more critical a role to that franchise. Chekov on the other hand can easily just not show up again. So doubt they will recast out of "respect"

But I agree with you that they should recast Chekov. As they should have done with T'Challa.

You need two people to fly the f**king ship, man!

Darth Thor
Star Trek is like Star Wars for smart people.

Hey can have plenty of intellectual conversation around Star Wars!

Star Wars is more fantasy, Star Trek is more science fiction.

Star Wars is more mythological, Star Trek more political.

Deep Space Nine is probably my favourite all time show. But honestly most people wouldn't get past the first two seasons.

Robtard
I know; like you, I enjoy both franchises.

Would even say I enjoy Star Wars more.

Old Man Whirly!
STtOS is the greatest show ever.

Old Man Whirly!
I know; like you, I enjoy both franchises.

Would even say I enjoy Star Wars more. Rey...smile so beautiful!

riv6672

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
STtOS is the greatest show ever.

thumb up
Rey...smile so beautiful!

thumb up

Bashar Teg
STtOS is the greatest show ever. *3rd greatest. we mustn't forget TnG and DS9 wink

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
abrams did okay with the first reboot episode, so i'll hold out on prejudging this one. i'm not suggesting that your wariness is unwarranted; but let's not behave as if they hired zack snyder or michael bay, that's all i'm saying

He made Into Darkness, easily one of the worst Star Trek films. He's admitted he doesn't even like Star Trek. Also:

_XetYaZRp-4

Literally just the first minute. I mean, I get that Star Trek movies can be dumbed down a bit from TV, but JFC. Plus, what he did with Star Wars, and that whole thing...

Also yes, TNG and DS9 reach heights I don't think TOS ever truly did.

Darth Thor
*3rd greatest. we mustn't forget TnG and DS9 wink

Also yes, TNG and DS9 reach heights I don't think TOS ever truly did.

Yup thumb up

Bashar Teg
He made Into Darkness

just saying he's capable of good things as well as shit-sandwiches... you didn't have to bring that painful shit back to the surface btw, we're all trying to move on from that abortion sad

Old Man Whirly!
Kirk and Spock > all other Scifi on TV ever, fact!

Bashar Teg
I just didn't feel their full depth of buddy chemistry until wrath of khan. I want to agree but I must disagree if we're discussing sitcoms only. you can't just rule out data+spot like that smile

-Pr-
just saying he's capable of good things as well as shit-sandwiches... you didn't have to bring that painful shit back to the surface btw, we're all trying to move on from that abortion sad

You're right. I went too far. I'm sorry.

Darth Thor
Kirk and Spock > all other Scifi on TV ever, fact!

Second only to Quark and Odo eek!

BruceSkywalker
this film will be a ton of lens flares lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.