MCU: Luke Cage vs. US Agent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
S2/Defenders Luke
Walker has Caps shield

Who wins

KingD19
Luke. As strong as he is, Walker's not strong enough to overpower the Power Man. And Luke has also tanked far more damage than Walker can exert even with the shield. Luke will probably slap the shield away like Karli did or catch it like Bucky if he throws it.

tkitna
I'll give it to Cage due to his durability, but he's a terrible fighter so i'm somewhat on the fence as to who would actually win.

KingD19
Originally posted by tkitna
I'll give it to Cage due to his durability, but he's a terrible fighter so i'm somewhat on the fence as to who would actually win.

Cage is an amazing fighter. Not tippy top tier, but he's still damn good. He was trained in boxing since childhood, was a Marine and a Cop. And was the champion of a massive underground prison fight club. He's not flashy like a lot of heroes, but he doesn't need to be. Watch his fight scenes, he shows off his skill pretty often. He uses blocks, evasions, grabs, throws, strikes, etc... and can mix it up. He's just so damn strong against 99% of the people he fights he's casual about it. He even outfought Sawande and Bushmaster.

Walker's not some insanely skilled guy in h2h like Daredevil or Nobu or Cap. He got beat up by the Dora's when he was human, and when he got the serum he primarily used his strength and durability over any actual skill. He was basically just stronger than everybody he fought. If anything I'd say he and Luke's skills aren't that far apart. But Luke is not only skilled, but stronger and tougher.

TheVaultDweller

Cage isn't a bad fighter. He just doesn't use a lot of flashy moves. But when he's actually making an effort to fight properly (like when not fighting regular mooks who can't hurt him and he can just slap unconscious) he actually uses a number of different boxing and grappling techniques.

On topic, Cage wins. Walker himself relies more on overpowering opponents rather than outfighting them, and that strategy won't work here.

tkitna
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Cage isn't a bad fighter. He just doesn't use a lot of flashy moves. But when he's actually making an effort to fight properly (like when not fighting regular mooks who can't hurt him and he can just slap unconscious) he actually uses a number of different boxing and grappling techniques.

On topic, Cage wins. Walker himself relies more on overpowering opponents rather than outfighting them, and that strategy won't work here.

And this is probably the correct answer. I'm at fault for giving Walker Cap like fighting skills and thats just not true. I'm in the wrong.

TheVaultDweller
And this is probably the correct answer. I'm at fault for giving Walker Cap like fighting skills and thats just not true. I'm in the wrong.

Yeah, Walker wasn't a great fighter. As KingD pointed out, he got humiliated by the only seriously skilled fighter he fought when he didn't have a stat advantage. Even in his best showing, against Falcon and Bucky, he never outskilled either of them. He just used his physicals to overpower them. In fact, I might be wrong but I am pretty sure both of them actually landed more hits but his just had greater effect.

This will probably change in the future though when Walker gets more feats, seeing as he might appear in CA4 and also possibly as part of a team in other stuff if the post-credits scene in BW is anything to go by, seeing as Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, who recruited him at the end of TFATWS, appeared there as well.

riv6672
Cage FTW.

Bane dies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.