Scarlett Johansson sues Disney

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

eThneoLgrRnae
She's absolutely in the right. It is a binding contract.. Pretty shitty for Disney (which we all already knew were shitty) to break the terms of contract with her by pathetically using the "but covid!" excuse.

Blakemore

Klaw
From what I've seen, she's right here.

And as for people saying she's a millionaire so who cares; would you rather the money go to Disney or her?

Blakemore
I want the money to go to me. 😅

Klaw
Originally posted by Blakemore
I want the money to go to me. 😅

How good do you look in a skin tight black outfit?

eThneoLgrRnae
Not nearly as good as Johansson does I'm sure.

Bashar Teg

Old Man Whirly!
For me Covid has been about a fair bit of fi ancial sacrifice. I certainly don't want no films in cinema's when it's all over.

Darth Thor

Impediment
And now it seems that Emma Stone is considering the same action for her Cruella film.

samhain
Disney need taking down a good several hundred pegs TBH. Hope they are tangled up in this for ages and it prevents them from buying/ruining anything else for that time. Doubt it but I can have a fervent prayer.

Nuke Nixon
I figure if you're an accomplished actor and have been in more than a few movies then you should be aware of the dirty tricks Disney is capable of, she's been in all the Avengers movies and should have taken extra precautions legally if she didn't want to get screwed.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I figure if you're an accomplished actor and have been in more than a few movies then you should be aware of the dirty tricks Disney is capable of, she's been in all the Avengers movies and should have taken extra precautions legally if she didn't want to get screwed.

The contract is the precaution. Disney cant win this case assuming it said in the contract about it being exclusively a box office film where she will get a % of box office take.

And to be fair this contract was made before anyone knew what Covid was, so theres no way she could have anticipated this.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The contract is the precaution. Disney cant win this case assuming it said in the contract about it being exclusively a box office film where she will get a % of box office take.

And to be fair this contract was made before anyone knew what Covid was, so theres no way she could have anticipated this. or Disney could have either. They have taken huge hits.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Klaw
How good do you look in a skin tight black outfit? im not Batman

snowdragon
I hope she gets something out of it, she has undergone alot of plastic surgery to play these roles.

cdtm
Yup.

Doesnt after what she earned. As if Disney are poor.

Fact is Disney made a move to potentially benefit themselves more, without negotiating new terms for Scar so she doesnt get screwed in the process.

Without a doubt a breach of contract (not that Ive read the contract, but assuming), and even more unethical to use Covid as an excuse and then publicly attempting to shame her by outing her salary.

And btw WB did pay out Gadot and Jenkins when they released WW84 on HBO same day as theatres.

Look into "Hollywood contracts", you would be shocked at the things they get away with.

For example, a studio can set up a shell company for special effects, overcharge themselves for these effects, and turn record profits into losses on paper, just below the point where the talent would need to be paid for a successful film.

Darth Vader was never paid for Return of the Jedi using such tricks.

Blakemore
Originally posted by cdtm
Look into "Hollywood contracts", you would be shocked at the things they get away with.

For example, a studio can set up a shell company for special effects, overcharge themselves for these effects, and turn record profits into losses on paper, just below the point where the talent would need to be paid for a successful film.

Darth Vader was never paid for Return of the Jedi using such tricks. the guy in the suit or James earl Jones?

cdtm
the guy in the suit or James earl Jones?

Guy in the suit.

James Earl Jones had enough clout to demand his cut off the top, instead of the back end.

Bashar Teg

Darth Vader was never paid for Return of the Jedi using such tricks.

{citation needed}

his gripe was over not receiving royalties. why must you be a constant fountain of misinformation. also he pissed off george lucas to the point where he was banned from official star wars events in 2010

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/george-lucas-bans-david-prowse-actor-portrayed-darth-vader-screen-star-wars-events-article-1.466739

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
or Disney could have either. They have taken huge hits.

Well Disney plus launching that year couldnt have hurt.

Set themselves up better than most other studios.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
{citation needed}

his gripe was over not receiving royalties. why must you be a constant fountain of misinformation

David Prowse himself has claimed that he wasn't paid residuals for Jedi because Lucasfilm claimed the movie hasn't actually made a profit.

Now, he could be lying, but from what's been written about Hollywood Accounting, it's not that far-fetched.

Edit: I see you edited. You ****er.

Bashar Teg
sorry, im usually quicker but thats when im at a keyboard. this phone is a shitshow

cdtm
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
{citation needed}

his gripe was over not receiving royalties. why must you be a constant fountain of misinformation. also he pissed off george lucas to the point where he was banned from official star wars events in 2010

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/george-lucas-bans-david-prowse-actor-portrayed-darth-vader-screen-star-wars-events-article-1.466739

Royalties are part of how actors get paid.

cdtm
Apparently a lot of the tricks revolve around profits, and making a profitable movie look unprofitable.

Actors get around that these days by demanding fixed amounts irrespective of how much a movie makes. But of course it takes star power to demand bigger sums.

That's why RBJ negotiating a bigger payout for the new Spidey actor and others is such a big deal, he never needed to see him paid six or seven figures. That's just the kind of guy RBJ is.

Nuke Nixon

Eon Blue
Trump is a pig.

cdtm

Klaw
im not Batman

And you never will be with that attitude!

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Trump is a pig.

Lol is that your impression of a Lefty ?

TheRealPresiden
Lefty ,wtf is that

That's as useful a detail as saying
"We live in a society" ↙️↘️↗️↖️🙃

Blakemore

Nuke Nixon
To be fair, if you live by the pen you die by the pen.

Still, how you gonna beef about a movie released 8 years ago, this chick opened a Pandora's box of shite for studios...

But oh well screw them for trying to be greedy.

Zenwolf
But what did the contract say? I mean if the contract didn't include Disney+ and only for theaters, then...what's the issue? The contract is what matters and what is stated on it right?

Eon Blue

Darth Thor

Old Man Whirly!
^ Urm sure. thumb up

Eon Blue
Urm, sure.

You people are so easily deluded.

Old Man Whirly!
Urm, sure.

You people are so easily deluded. Nah.

samhain
Urm, sure.

You people are so easily deluded.

You people? Doing a poor job pretending to be one of us crazed lefties Eon.

cdtm

Eon Blue
Trump is a pig and Biden is a shriveled up old mummy. This country is screwed.

shiv
https://www.screendaily.com/news/cinema-reopening-dates-around-the-world-latest-updates/5149917.article

The Contract:

The exact words, phrases and terms + their meaning in the contract.

What Are They?

Does The Contract State:

The Film Is To Be Released In Theaters In Summer 2021

Does The Contract State:

The Film Is To Be Released In Theaters In North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and New Zealand in Summer 2021

What are the specified area co-ordinates in which the Film is/was to be released in theaters.

Does The Contract State:

The Film Is To Be Released In All 50 US States On The Same Day/Weekend/Etc

Does The Contract State:

It is okay if the Film is shown in Theaters in some states and not shown in Theaters in some states.

Does The Contract State:

Disney must comply with local state and federal laws.

Does The Contract State:

Disney must comply with local state and federal laws + International laws.

Eon Blue

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by samhain

laughcrythumb up

Darth Thor

cdtm
Originally posted by samhain

Sounds like a good impersonation to me.

The Right are the gentlemen, it's you lefties who are racist lunatics.

shiv
Disney could use a legal defense of:

Because we had to comply with local law in Germany we released the film via Disney+

Or because we had to comply with local law in the district of we released it on Disney+ after discussion with state officials, AMC etc.

BackFire
Sounds like Disney breached her contract and then ignored her when she tried to contact them to alter the contract to account for streaming revenue, she's completely in the right on this one as far as I can tell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.