Cap w/Mjolnir runs Hulk gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
* Cap wields Mjolnir and his shield.

* The same setting where he fought Thanos in Endgame.

Cap takes on:

1. Ang Lee Hulk
3. Avengers Hulk
4. Ragnarok Hulk (Hulk gets his arena gear)
4. Endgame Hulk

Which Hulk he can take down?

Robtard
So there's some contention over what happened when Cap picked up Mjlonir. Was he just wielding it, or did he gain Thor's Asgardian powers/abilities too? I tend to believe Cap was just using the hammer/axe.

-Odin does say in Thor: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

-In Avengers: AOU, it's believed (in hindsight) that Cap could have picked up Mjolnir during party, instead of just moving it a little, but didn't as to not make Thor look bad.

-In Thor: Ragnarock, Odin claims that Thor's powers are inherent, not from his hammer.

-Then we see Cap after the final battle in End Game, he seemingly does not have Thor's powers and there's no reason to believe he became unworthy.

So for the sake of this match, which is it?

Darth Thor
He did knock Thanks over. Thats the only potential vast super strength feat we saw from Mjolnir Cap.

He was also able to bring down lightning. Which is clearly a Thor power.

But aside from that his showings werent convincing enough to place him as Thors equal.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Robtard
So there's some contention over what happened when Cap picked up Mjlonir. Was he just wielding it, or did he gain Thor's Asgardian powers/abilities too? I tend to believe Cap was just using the hammer/axe.

-Odin does say in Thor: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

-In Avengers: AOU, it's believed (in hindsight) that Cap could have picked up Mjolnir during party, instead of just moving it a little, but didn't as to not make Thor look bad.

-In Thor: Ragnarock, Odin claims that Thor's powers are inherent, not from his hammer.

-Then we see Cap after the final battle in End Game, he seemingly does not have Thor's powers and there's no reason to believe he became unworthy.

So for the sake of this match, which is it?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/05d0513397192e4d69143939dafcee37/tenor.gif?itemid=14048857

Robtard
Was that Cap's new powers or Cap using Mjolnir to call the lightning down?

Edit: actually, considering Jane's going to gain Thor's powers from becoming worthy in the MCU, it seems like the former. Though do wonder if she'll keep them or make it that it depends on her holding the weapon. Which could be what happened to Cap, though it makes no sense either.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He did knock Thanks over. Thats the only potential vast super strength feat we saw from Mjolnir Cap.

He was also able to bring down lightning. Which is clearly a Thor power.

But aside from that his showings werent convincing enough to place him as Thors equal.

If got got Thor's powers, he'd have been Thor's equal, arguably better, as Thor was fat and old of shape then.

FrothByte
If got got Thor's powers, he'd have been Thor's equal, arguably better, as Thor was fat and old of shape then.

It's hard to gauge. On what hand, his strikes were definitely hurting Thanos, but then again he was only striking him with Mjolnir. On the other hand, a single shot from Thanos knocked Cap out of the fight, whereas multiple shots could quite take out a fat, out of shape Thor.

So it seemed that while Cap gained some of Thor's lightning powers, he might not have quite gotten Thor's physicality.

Robtard
Just the lightning/storm powers could be right, as other Asgardians can't do that, while Thor's strength and durability are more general Asgardian physiology as you noted. I think you're onto something with that.

jaden_2.0
Was that Cap's new powers or Cap using Mjolnir to call the lightning down?

Edit: actually, considering Jane's going to gain Thor's powers from becoming worthy in the MCU, it seems like the former. Though do wonder if she'll keep them or make it that it depends on her holding the weapon. Which could be what happened to Cap, though it makes no sense either.

Prior to Endgame Thor was told by Odin his lightning wasn't a result of Mjolnir but inherent in himself. Presumably Cap "inherited" that innate ability.

Darth Thor
Didnt seem like Cap could fly though, which presumably would have been a Thor power he inherited.

Also he wasnt holding Mjolnir when he got one shot by Thanos right? Possible he has more strength when physically holding Mjolnir?

Will have to see what happens with Jane Thor. How she transforms and what abilities she gains. Could be a separate explanation for her enhanced strength.

FrothByte
Didnt seem like Cap could fly though, which presumably would have been a Thor power he inherited.

Also he wasnt holding Mjolnir when he got one shot by Thanos right? Possible he has more strength when physically holding Mjolnir?

Will have to see what happens with Jane Thor. How she transforms and what abilities she gains. Could be a separate explanation for her enhanced strength.

My theory is that Jane Thor is actually a multiverse variant of Thor.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FrothByte
My theory is that Jane Thor is actually a multiverse variant of Thor.

I guess would make sense where another Mjolnir came from. But I doubt they would say shes simply Thor, and not Jane who became Thor.

Psychotron
It's blatantly obvious he got Thor's strength. There's no way he could have rocked Thanos without it.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
It's blatantly obvious he got Thor's strength. There's no way he could have rocked Thanos without it.

IIRC, the times he rocked Thanos was when he hit him with either Mjolnir or lighting strikes. There were a few times he kneed or kicked Thanos but it seemed to only keep Thanos off balance as opposed to actually rocking Thanos.

It can therefore be argued that it was Mjolnir that was truly hurting Thanos.

Darth Thor
Yeah its that one blow with Mjolnir which is the only reason to believe he may have had Thor level strength.

The knees and kicks were nothing beyond regular Cap.

Stigma
Nice discussion points brought up here, guys. Appreciate it thumb up

IF Cap only gets Mjolnir power but not Thor strentgh, how much damage he can dish out? Can he take down some of the Hulks listed above?

Robtard
Here's the Cap Vs Thanos

dmFwB0WEEDY

It's a mixed bag, parts make me believe he gained Thor's Asgardian strength/durability as well, other parts make me believe he just gained the lightning/storm powers specific to Thor.

If Cap gets the full monty here, he could take down every Hulk.

FrothByte
If Cap only get's Thor's lightning powers and nothing else, then I can see him beating Endgame Hulk but that's it.

He can definitely lay down a beating on the other Hulks but a single hit to him will take him out. And the other Hulks should all be durable enough to take on multiple hits while trying to land that puncher's chance against Cap.

If he gets Thor's physicality w/ the lightning powers, then he beats all the Hulks except for maybe Ang Lee's Hulk. Ang Lee's Hulk is tricky because that Hulk could clearly grow massively bigger and stronger in such a short time. And Cap hasn't unlocked the full potential of Thor's lightning powers which makes me doubt if he has enough raw power to KO Ang Lee's Hulk. Like, we haven't seen Cap do anything like the jotunheim buster or destroy the Bifrost bridge with a lightning strike.

And I just don't see him being physically strong enough (even with Thor's physicality) to take out Ang Lee's Hulk in fisticuffs.

Robtard
You're probably right with Ang's hulk, forgot that Hulk also had a fast healing factor and could run at 200+ mp iirc

Darth Thor
Yeah Ang Lee actually got Hulks power set down pretty well.

Too bad the movie sucked.

Robtard
From a story POV, Hulk (2003) was a decent comic adaptation imo. I watched it again a couple years back, it's aged well. The meh CGI of Hulk is hard to watch at times, but that was mostly a product of the time.

I still prefer The Incredible Hulk (2008) though.

Old Man Whirly!
From a story POV, Hulk (2003) was a decent comic adaptation imo. I watched it again a couple years back, it's aged well. The meh CGI of Hulk is hard to watch at times, but that was mostly a product of the time.

I still prefer The Incredible Hulk (2008) though. Don't make me Ang Lee, you wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee, and I didn't! durhulk

Darth Thor

I still prefer The Incredible Hulk (2008) though.

There were redeeming parts to it for sure. I was enjoying it up to a point, but his dad becoming absorbing man was really forced in. A couple of other narrative issues as well Iirc.

Yeah If TIH was the first one, im sure we would have had more Hulk films.

FrothByte
Yeah Ang Lee actually got Hulks power set down pretty well.

Too bad the movie sucked.

It was nice to see Hulk's healing factor as well as his ability to increase in size and strength the madder he gets, though I do wish they capped his height off at a certain point. There was a scene in there where he was literally as tall as a tree and I just don't think that's accurate for Hulk.

He was also a bit too fast for my liking, though I guess it did help make the action more explosive.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Don't make me Ang Lee, you wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee, and I didn't! durhulk

What if Ang Lee did an amalgam film combining Hulk and Brokeback Mountain?

Old Man Whirly!
To be honest the best Hulk movie would be now they have introduced Banner Hulk, Maestro, with the follow up a memory loss and Joe Fixit.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FrothByte
It was nice to see Hulk's healing factor as well as his ability to increase in size and strength the madder he gets, though I do wish they capped his height off at a certain point. There was a scene in there where he was literally as tall as a tree and I just don't think that's accurate for Hulk.

He was also a bit too fast for my liking, though I guess it did help make the action more explosive.

Yeah the size thing was the only made up for the movie power.

Hulk actually is supposed to be able to run incredibly fast. Opponents have often underestimated his speed due to his size. And in more recent years hes literally seen running like a blur.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.