Games you've beaten in 2021.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
What games have you beaten so far this year?

Banjo-Kazooie

Mega Man 3

Mega Man X.

Impediment
Ghost of Tsushima
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Nothing new because of COVID and lack of interest of current titles.

Jmanghan
Trials of Mana Remake
Castlevania 1
Kingdom Hearts III

There's probably more but those are what come to mind atm.

Adam Grimes
Persona 5 Royal
Digimon World Next Order
Mass Effect 1
Resident Evil Village.

cdtm
Rebel Galaxy.

Double Dragon Neon (Beaten in previous years, but finished up the Dragon and Double Dragon difficulties)

Streets of Rage Remake.

Streets of Rage 4.

Crimzon Clover World Explosion.

And that's it. I did beat the Grimm Troupe DLC in Hollow Knight.

BackFire
Final Fantasy 7 remake
Ghost of Tsushima
Last of Us 2
Gears of War 5 Hivebusters
Resident Evil 8
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (All 3 games)
Spiderman Remaster
Spiderman Miles Morales

cdtm
Originally posted by cdtm
Rebel Galaxy.

Double Dragon Neon (Beaten in previous years, but finished up the Dragon and Double Dragon difficulties)

Streets of Rage Remake.

Streets of Rage 4.

Crimzon Clover World Explosion.

And that's it. I did beat the Grimm Troupe DLC in Hollow Knight.

Add Inside.

Doing a second play for the secret ending.

-Pr-
The Last of Us 2
Lego DC Villains
Lego Batman 3
Mass Effect 1 LE
Hitman 3
Batman Arkham Asylum (Return to Arkham shite version)
Batman Arkham City (Return to Arkham shite version)

That's all I can recall at the moment.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
The Last of Us 2
Lego DC Villains
Lego Batman 3
Mass Effect 1 LE
Hitman 3

Man, Lego Batman 3 sure disappointed after 2.

Hated that space scene especially, couldn't figure out what to do.

Hey, was the Epic Game Store giveaway editions of Arkham the "shite editions"? Because I want to play Arkham City GOTY edition that they gave away (I mean, I'll play it anyways since i have it, just wondering how you can tell if it's the shite one)

-Pr-
Man, Lego Batman 3 sure disappointed after 2.

Hated that space scene especially, couldn't figure out what to do.

Hey, was the Epic Game Store giveaway editions of Arkham the "shite editions"? Because I want to play Arkham City GOTY edition that they gave away (I mean, I'll play it anyways since i have it, just wondering how you can tell if it's the shite one)

Yeah the whole planets thing wasn't great. It was somehow even worse than that abomination that was Avengers 2's weird city thing.

No, the PS4 "upgraded" versions. I know I'm coming from PC so I'm used to different framerates, but it still felt far more off than it should have.

Kazenji

What was shit about the remaster versions?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
What was shit about the remaster versions?

No Arkham Origins for starters, but the thing I'm complaining most about is the combat. It just feels... off. You know how when you play a game, you build up muscle memory? In the Return to Arkham games, I was constantly getting my timing wrong. My belief is that it's the framerates being ****y, personally.

And this is after only replaying Asylum, City on PC, and Origins on PS3 in the last year, so it's not like I'm out of practice.

eThneoLgrRnae
Games that I've beaten so far in 2021 for the first time:

Dead Space
Dead Island: Riptide
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Batman: Arkham City
Rain (most recent)

Games I've beaten in 2021 that I've already beaten before:

XCOM: Enemy Within (for like the 200th time lol; always play on impossible self-imposed "ironman" difficulty nowadays as well)

Alpha Protocol (very recent, less than a week ago; beat it on Hardcore mode for first time for the nice Gold Trophy)

hayama
My top games Red Dead Redemption 2 and dota 2. I returned to dota 2 this month. I am fond of esport and watch often some dota 2 stream competitions and dota 2 results here because I like to support my dota 2 team team Spirit.

-Pr-
Got to level 80 in FFXIV and finished the Shadowbringers 5.0 content.

BackFire
Nice. Shadowbringers was a masterpiece.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire
Nice. Shadowbringers was a masterpiece.

I saw people say it was better than Heavensward and I took that with a bit of salt but damn, they weren't kidding.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BackFire
Nice. Shadowbringers was a masterpiece. I haven't played FFXIV but from what I saw 5.3 of Shadowbringers, the main raid is an FF fan's dream and arguably the best part of the whole expansion?

Stealth Moose
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
RE Village
Baldur's Gate 3 (EA content, which is like 20-30 hours of content as is)
X-Com 2 on Legendary (beaten it before, but this was on the longer last difficulty)
The Last Stand Collection
RE 5 (for the fortieth time or so due to lost save file)
Mass Effect Andromeda (again)
Subnautica Below Zero
Zombie Army 4 Dead War
MK 11

-Pr-
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I haven't played FFXIV but from what I saw 5.3 of Shadowbringers, the main raid is an FF fan's dream and arguably the best part of the whole expansion?

All the "main" raids in Shadowbringers have been quality, imo (the final 5.0 one especially). Though more for the story and how they're presented than the mechanics. Some of them are right bastards though, so it's hard not to feel a bit smug when you survive the whole length of the fight.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Games that I've beaten so far in 2021 for the first time:

Dead Space
Dead Island: Riptide
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Batman: Arkham City
Rain (most recent)

Games I've beaten in 2021 that I've already beaten before:

XCOM: Enemy Within (for like the 200th time lol; always play on impossible self-imposed "ironman" difficulty nowadays as well)

Alpha Protocol (very recent, less than a week ago; beat it on Hardcore mode for first time for the nice Gold Trophy) Can now add Darksiders to this list. Just beat it for first time. Loved the hell out of it both for action and the fascinating story. Can't believe it took me this long to discover such a truly awesome game.

Smasandian
No Arkham Origins for starters, but the thing I'm complaining most about is the combat. It just feels... off. You know how when you play a game, you build up muscle memory? In the Return to Arkham games, I was constantly getting my timing wrong. My belief is that it's the framerates being ****y, personally.

And this is after only replaying Asylum, City on PC, and Origins on PS3 in the last year, so it's not like I'm out of practice.

I recently beat the remastered version of Arkham City...I didn't notice any unusual about the combat...though it might because you were used to the original versions because you recently played them....

The remastered version of Arkham City is complete dogshit. Saw weird graphical issues...the framerate was crap.....the game textures looked like mud....crazy pop-in...just overall, a bad experience.

cdtm
Can now add Darksiders to this list. Just beat it for first time. Loved the hell out of it both for action and the fascinating story. Can't believe it took me this long to discover such a truly awesome game.

What difficulty did you play it?

Think I startef on normal and cranked it up to hard, but didn't like how tanky it made the bigger enemies.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Smasandian
I recently beat the remastered version of Arkham City...I didn't notice any unusual about the combat...though it might because you were used to the original versions because you recently played them....

The remastered version of Arkham City is complete dogshit. Saw weird graphical issues...the framerate was crap.....the game textures looked like mud....crazy pop-in...just overall, a bad experience.

Yeah I'd been playing them on PC for years, so it's likely something in the translation.

Yeah, I felt that too. It's like they just focused on cranking up some graphics and lighting etc and didnt even do quality control.

Smasandian
I find with 360 games that are being remastered.....I just want them to remove jaggies...and uprez textures and stuff. And maybe....increase framerate if the game can handle it (...some older games with higher framerates actually break...look at GTA4 and I believe the last mission is impossible due to the inputs being messed with the higher FPS)

Basically what they did with Mass Effect....super clean and etc.

But these ones are worst than the originals! Sure..maybe the lightning effects are better but the textures are brutal..

eThneoLgrRnae
What difficulty did you play it?

Think I startef on normal and cranked it up to hard, but didn't like how tanky it made the bigger enemies. Played on normal difficulty. Once you get Abyssal Armor enemies become easier and the armor carries over when u start playing Apocalyptic difficulty. I was so relieved to hear that.

cdtm
Originally posted by Smasandian
I find with 360 games that are being remastered.....I just want them to remove jaggies...and uprez textures and stuff. And maybe....increase framerate if the game can handle it (...some older games with higher framerates actually break...look at GTA4 and I believe the last mission is impossible due to the inputs being messed with the higher FPS)

Basically what they did with Mass Effect....super clean and etc.

But these ones are worst than the originals! Sure..maybe the lightning effects are better but the textures are brutal..

Vanquish completely broke.

Impediment
Resident Evil 8 on PS4. It was good but too action focused a la RE4.

7/10

Khazra Reborn

eThneoLgrRnae

cdtm
Yeah, I plan on playing it eventually... really looking forward to it. I've heard mixed opinions over on gamefaq's about which game is better though.

Bought II on disc, and have a Xbox Live Arcade Games with Gold version. Both unplayable without internet to download or update.

I'll be stuck playing the "deathmastered" version free from Epic Game Store.

Least I can enjoy the first properly on 360, as the remastered versions suuuuuck.

Khazra Reborn
Yeah, I plan on playing it eventually... really looking forward to it. I've heard mixed opinions over on gamefaq's about which game is better though.

I guess it depends on what you like. The core gameplay is very similar, but Darksiders 2 has more RPG elements, like armor/weapon customization and a deeper loot system.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I guess it depends on what you like. The core gameplay is very similar, but Darksiders 2 has more RPG elements, like armor/weapon customization and a deeper loot system.

I love RPG games; probably my favorite genre.

Can't wait to try it out.

eThneoLgrRnae
Bought II on disc, and have a Xbox Live Arcade Games with Gold version. Both unplayable without internet to download or update.

I'll be stuck playing the "deathmastered" version free from Epic Game Store.

Least I can enjoy the first properly on 360, as the remastered versions suuuuuck.

That must really suck.

cdtm
That must really suck.

I'm just grateful I have most of the games I really want to play on there already.

NewGuy01
They're both good games, but I preferred the first Darksiders. The second one was a lot bigger and had more RPG mechanics, but few if any of those actually added to the experience for me, so it just felt kind of spread thin by comparison.

cdtm
Test drove Darksiders 2 Deathfinitive Edition.

Well, it ain't pretty as far as ports go. You need to restart for EVERYTHING. Changing res, restart. Switching Vsync from off to on, restart. Fullscreen to window, better restart.

Also if you turn shadows off, you get this weird looking texture that I'm pretty sure is a glitch, looks like a weird stretched out barely visable rectangle.

But otherwise seems to run well enough. Debating on whether to keep vsync on or off as there is pretty clear angles where it hitch's a little when it's on, but the screen tear when off is highly noticeable, so got to pick my poison.

Think I'll do a full play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.