Superboy Prime vs. Beyonder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deft
Superboy Prime from Death Metal replaces Owen in his battle against Beyonder during Secret Wars II.

How goes this?

zopzop
People severely underestimate Beyonder's power (even post retcon). I'm going with him.

qwertyuiop1998
Beyonder

Seedr09
SuperBoy prime teaches him a lesson

MrMind
Beyonder

Old Man Whirly!
The Ivory Kings are no Superboy Prime.

Diesldude
Prime beats the crap out of him and then takes his power.

Stoic
The Beyonder sends him back in time to when he was in the comic shop buying a comic. Every time he walks out of the door, he walks back in to begin the endless cycle again.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Diesldude
Prime beats the crap out of him and then takes his power.

He can't even beat the crap out of Teen Titans.

Beyonder punks him in a single panel.

MrMind
what in the flying fuk...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
what in the flying fuk...

It's photoshop, actually.

One of the most popular pics re-posted on 4chan.

Still, very much against the rules here, no wonder Imp permabanned him right after. But I see nothing was done about the post itself laughing out loud

edit: nvm, it's gone thumb up

MrMind
why am i not surprised people who come here are the same basement incels from 4chan

Delta1938
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's photoshop, actually.

One of the most popular pics re-posted on 4chan.

Still, very much against the rules here, no wonder Imp permabanned him right after. But I see nothing was done about the post itself laughing out loud

edit: nvm, it's gone thumb up

What happened?

StiltmanFTW
A delicate soul such as yourself really doesn't want to know, trust me.

Let's just say a freshly made sock came and posted something really graphic.

MrMind
good thing I'm used to gore movies

SladerAcer
SuperBoy prime is too durable for beyonder and would get same treatment he gave to TDK.

Stoic
Originally posted by SladerAcer
SuperBoy prime is too durable for beyonder and would get same treatment he gave to TDK.

Why would you say that? Is Superboy any more powerful than he was when he fought Monarch? If so, is it the same Superboy? If it's the same Superboy, TBWL jobbed, or was simply less than advertised.

SladerAcer

Stoic

SladerAcer

Stoic

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
You don't seem to get it. TDK never had to allow the conflict that was fought as if he was a MMA combatant. He had the power to see millions of years into the future. Guys like him have the power to discern threats because they can peer into the future. What you read was PIS. TDK jobbed on nearly every possible level.

Does that not fall under CIS? I mean, even herald level characters like Surfer and Flash can time travel, yet we don't argue that every single battle where they don't utilise this is PIS?

SladerAcer

Stoic

DarkSaint85
Not really. It's PIS. Ridiculously plot driven PIS.

If TDK can see the attack well before it happens, and has the ability to alter time lines but did not, he suffered from being jobbed. No matter how you'd like to spin it, he shouldn't have been more than a hand wave away from losing. TDK did far worse against Prime than Monarch did. Should we conclude that Monarch would've beaten Perpetua who lost to TDK, and TDK lost to Prime? After all, Monarch as I stated did far better against Prime than TDK did. So, since TDK had a terribly poor showing against a Monarch level opponent, why does that translate to Prime being able to defeat the Beyonder who would literally be able to place Prime in a time loop, or reverse time to the point that Prime never existed? We saw his beginnings. There was nothing super about him when he was in that comic book store. You're argument is about how ridiculously stupid TDK was portrayed in that story. That line of reasoning doesn't somehow spread to the Beyonder.

Is it? Does TDK have a history of looking into all possible futures and selecting the right one then?

Otherwise, it's just arguing powerset. That's like abhi arguing that Superman throws the planet into the sun at the start of the fight, or me arguing Flash time travels at the start of the fight, etc etc.

qwertyuiop1998
Also someone like Extant also can see the future but the heroes beat him anyway....Or someone like ZH Parallax outright overpowered him.
https://ibb.co/3h4QKH2

It seems that when someone powerful enough, the future wouldnt be inevitable in comics. I mean, remember the comic where it stated Jon is faster than fate/inevitability?

Stoic
This is different. He has the innate ability to know the future. It isn't like another character that actively runs, or picks shit up to throw. It was poor writing on the same level as a giant sand worm from Dune appearing out of nowhere and swallowing a guy that could effortlessly throw it several light years in distance. Poor writing. You can stop with the contrary shit at any time now. Or, put the Hat on.

Stoic
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Also someone like Extant also can see the future but the heroes beat him anyway....Or someone like ZH Parallax outright overpowered him.
https://ibb.co/3h4QKH2

It seems that when someone powerful enough, the future wouldnt be inevitable in comics. I mean, remember the comic where it stated Jon is faster than fate/inevitability?

Is Extant anywhere near as powerful as TDK? If not, your entire stance is non sequitur. Prime was challenged by far less than TDK was advertised to be. It was shitty writing. The Beyonder and any other near omnipotent should never be lumped in together with TDK, especially when you take into account that he's actually a twisted version of Bruce Wayne. It was absolute bullshit, okay.

SladerAcer

DarkSaint85
This is different. He has the innate ability to know the future. It isn't like another character that actively runs, or picks shit up to throw. It was poor writing on the same level as a giant sand worm from Dune appearing out of nowhere and swallowing a guy that could effortlessly throw it several light years in distance. Poor writing. You can stop with the contrary shit at any time now. Or, put the Hat on.

So Surfer having the Power Cosmic and cosmic senses etc counts for naught then?

Seems rather.... hypocritical of you. The power cosmic can also see into the future etc, yet you don't say every fight that Surfer has where he's not looking into the future is PIS, do you?

Or maybe you are. I don't know, I can't think as low as you.

By the by, Wally is fast enough to think faster than a sun-sized supercomputer (Solaris), but I guess you also think every fight he has, he should be doing the same, right?

And Superman is fast enough to read every medical text ever published (and remember it), so in any fight where he doesn't think on this level, it must be PIS, right?

I mean, I can get behind that logic. If you do too, that's all good. Wouldn't want to be contrary now, would we?

qwertyuiop1998
Is Extant anywhere near as powerful as TDK? If not, your entire stance is non sequitur. Prime was challenged by far less than TDK was advertised to be. It was shitty writing. The Beyonder and any other near omnipotent should never be lumped in together with TDK, especially when you take into account that he's actually a twisted version of Bruce Wayne. It was absolute bullshit, okay.
I dont think you understand my point though. The point is the ability of seeing the future can be and did get overcome by sheer power. And it also can be argued that not every character will use said ability when they are in a fight.

SBP and DK in that story were definitely at the same ballpark in terms of power levels. Because the fact SBP not only did manage hurt DK, but also beat him. Thus, It can easily be argued A. SBP overcame the precog power due to his sheer power. B. DK wouldnt normally use said ability in a fight

zopzop
SBP is cool and all but he's not beating the Beyonder. He'd destroy the Maker version though.

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by zopzop
SBP is cool and all but he's not beating the Beyonder. He'd destroy the Maker version though.
Yup
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Beyonder
My main issue is you dont have to dismiss or lowball SBP's showings to give Beyonder a win.

Sure, There is a really really high showing( beating DK) but there are other showings that lower SBP's maximum and give us the view of his average.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.