Star Wars visions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81

Zenwolf

Darth Thor
Why is this suddenly not canon ?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor

It was stated to always be.

Galan007
Why is this suddenly not canon ? The series producers outright stated that it doesn't fit into the current SW timeline. Therefore non-canon.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
It was stated to always be.

Originally posted by Galan007
The series producers outright stated that it doesn't fit into the current SW timeline. Therefore non-canon.

I get that its not lol. Was asking Why? As in why is Lucasfilm making non-canon material now. Is it a change in their policy Or is it just restricted to Anime as a medium like Lego..

Zenwolf

Galan007
I get that its not lol. Was asking Why? As in why is Lucasfilm making non-canon material now. Is it a change in their policy Or is it just restricted to Anime as a medium like Lego.. Oh, gotcha. thumb up

Yeah, I'd say it fits more into the "canon-adjacent" tier, like the Lego stuff. Meaning that it is part of the collective Disney canon, but not linked to the mainstream timeline at all.

Sheev
How can Visions be non-canon but still canon? Seems contradictory.

Galan007
Visions is a Disney product, therefore it is canon to Disney as a whole. However, it was not created to fit into the mainstream timeline, therefore it is non-canon to the existing/canon continuity.

Makes things easier to grasp if you just liken it to the Lego material: canon to Disney as a whole; non-canon to the mainstream timeline.

Underachiever59
The best way I could think to describe it would be to compare it to the old Star Wars Infinities comics.

It's a deliberate break from continuity in order to let writers have more free rein for storyteling within the Star Wars universe. Just like how Star Wars Infinities is non-canon even to the Legends continuity, Visions is a Disney-era Star Wars product that is still non-canon to Disney-era Star Wars continuity.

Tzeentch
At the end of the day it is just the Animatrix or Halo Legends but for Star Wars. If you have ever seen any anime anthology series about a western franchise then nothing in this series should surprise you.

Gfd7so-NXj4

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Sheev
How can Visions be non-canon but still canon? Seems contradictory.
A work being part of a canon doesn't necessarily mean that it has to share continuity with other works in that canon.

M-Theory3D

M-Theory3D
Originally posted by M-Theory3D

M-Theory3D

M-Theory3D

M-Theory3D

M-Theory3D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.