Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Disney is still trying to play damage control with the ST...

https://i.ibb.co/LvbdTZ8/Shadow-of-the-Sith-Cover-Reveal-28djt53-KP.jpg

-Slated for release June 28th, 2022.

xPRIMEx

Sheev
I'm just curious if Grogu will be mentioned in this?

Galan007
IF Grogu is referenced in this novel at all, I expect it to be in a fully ambiguous context.

This story is supposed to be set ~20 years after RotJ. Revealing too much about Grogu would risk preemptively spoiling whatever Disney has planned for him in the future(namely on the live action side of things)... Which is something I doubt they'll do.

Freedon Nadd
Sounds like Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. LMAO

Darth Thor
Might explain how Leia figured who Rey was.

Just rewatched all the cut scenes for Force Unleashed. Really wish that was still canon. But still glad Filoni didnt get to do his thing of making Starkiller an Inquisitor.

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
IF Grogu is referenced in this novel at all, I expect it to be in a fully ambiguous context.

This story is supposed to be set ~20 years after RotJ. Revealing too much about Grogu would risk preemptively spoiling whatever Disney has planned for him in the future(namely on the live action side of things)... Which is something I doubt they'll do. Well, we don't have to worry about the Grogu dynamic anymore. Heh.

Darth Thor
lol yeah. They couldnt keep him away from Mando for even one season facepalm

Galan007
The official cover:

An excerpt from the novel can be read here. In it, Luke has a sort of 'meta' battle with the nine wraiths guarding Exegol... And at the end, the Force Spirit of Anakin arrives to aid him.

StiltmanFTW
the nine wraiths

https://tinyurl.com/5f83kjyp

xPRIMEx

Underachiever59
New character. We don't know who they are yet.

Galan007

Eli Vanto
The official cover:

An excerpt from the novel can be read here. In it, Luke has a sort of 'meta' battle with the nine wraiths guarding Exegol... And at the end, the Force Spirit of Anakin arrives to aid him. This is pretty cool.

So Luke was aware of the fact that he had become an immensely powerful Jedi, but also knew that he still had a lot of untapped potential.

The wraiths are interesting and seem quite unbeatable to any living being. I'm curious why they never appeared to anyone else who visited exegol?

According to this, Luke absolutely knew that exegol was real, so I'm curious why he never visited the planet himself? Kylo got there without a wayfinder, as did the thousands of Rebellion ships afterward.

Darth Thor
Ill read any Luke centric canon material. This qualifies.

Galan007
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
The wraiths are interesting and seem quite unbeatable to any living being. I'm curious why they never appeared to anyone else who visited exegol?

According to this, Luke absolutely knew that exegol was real, so I'm curious why he never visited the planet himself? Kylo got there without a wayfinder, as did the thousands of Rebellion ships afterward. It seems like the Wraiths may only exist on a metaphysical level. Luke couldn't sense them in the Force at all, and his attacks had no effect -- it took the spirit of Anakin himself to send them away. So perhaps discovering how to directly interact with that manner of entity is a new skill that Luke will learn in this novel, and could easily explain why the Wraiths weren't mentioned or encountered again during RoS. /shrug

Aside from that, Luke is the only living Jedi(that we yet know of) who visited Exegol in any capacity before the events of RoS. Granted, I'm still not sure if Luke himself was somehow 'ported there by his relics in a literal/physical sense(he did say that it was "real"wink, or if the whole scene was completely meta -- we'll have to wait until the novel drops to get more information on that side of things.

Yes, Luke knew that Exegol was a very real place. What he didn't know, however, is how to physically get there, which is where the Wayfinder comes in. That said, once you already know how to get to Exegol, the Wayfinder would no longer be required. That's how Kylo was able to get back to Exegol the second time -- he already knew its location, because he'd been there before. Likewise, all the other Resistance ships were led there by Rey. The Wayfinder is essentially just a map.

StiltmanFTW
Shadow of the Sith, Shadow of Mordor... nine wraiths...

Looks like Adam is shamelessly copying someone else's homework stick out tongue

xPRIMEx
Anyone read this yet? Just got my copy

Rockydonovang
Disney is still trying to play damage control with the ST...

-Slated for release June 28th, 2022.
Maybe they should take advantage of the "place beyond time and space" from rebels and just chuck the sequels into an alternate universe

Underachiever59
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Anyone read this yet? Just got my copy

Very nearly done with the audiobook. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm glad they brought back a certain antagonist that was severely underutilized after the Aftermath trilogy. Though they did change a few things about their story as we know it.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Underachiever59
Very nearly done with the audiobook. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm glad they brought back a certain antagonist that was severely underutilized after the Aftermath trilogy. Though they did change a few things about their story as we know it. Could you pm me who this antagonist is?

Galan007
Luke was written very well in this. thumb up

Underachiever59

Absolutely. Adam Christopher handled Luke fantastically. It's nice to finally, finally have a canon story following Luke as a fully fledged Jedi Master instead of just using Luke as a side character.

Galan007
Originally posted by Underachiever59
Absolutely. Adam Christopher handled Luke fantastically. It's nice to finally, finally have a canon story following Luke as a fully fledged Jedi Master instead of just using Luke as a side character. thumb up

From a recent interview:

"There's two elements to Luke's character at that point, post-Return of the Jedi. He is basically the most powerful person in the galaxy at that point.

The key to his character for me was that he's aware of the power that he has. Which means that everything he was doing, he was carefully judging and balancing. At every point, he's thinking what could he do and what should he do? He's got the ultimate first-hand knowledge of what the Dark Side can do and what the Force can do if it's misused.

He's rebuilding the Jedi Order, he's training his nephew -- he's aware of that responsibility as well because of the family history. He's a Luke Skywalker we can recognize, but it's also a new Luke Skywalker, because he's moved on."

-Adam Christopher

Darth Thor

Ah good. I'll defo read it then.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Shadow of the Sith, Shadow of Mordor... nine wraiths...

Looks like Adam is shamelessly copying someone else's homework stick out tongue

I wish we got a SW game using the SoM game mechanics.

Could be set post-Empire era where you play as a human-Force wraith fused entity known as the "Jedi Lord".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.