Cosmic Herald Thor vs Celestial 4th Host.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
If Thor destroyed both a well fed Galactus and the Black Winter, then could he have stopped the Celestial 4th host in place of the Odin/Asgardians powered destroyer?

SilvaSS
how Well fed Galactus would fare against Celestial 4th Host?

lawest9
Originally posted by SilvaSS
how Well fed Galactus would fare against Celestial 4th Host? No sir, read the OP more carefully please.

Sin I AM
The Black Winter was featless.

lawest9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
The Black Winter was featless. Implied power darling, one that Galactus himself feared.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by lawest9
Implied power darling, one that Galactus himself feared.

Meh...I was not impressed. And I'm not a fan of scaling nor Galactus portrayal in that book. He was ooc. Honestly Thor could probably best the fourth host without the amp he'd just need that ax.

lawest9
Meh...I was not impressed. And I'm not a fan of scaling nor Galactus portrayal in that book. He was ooc. Honestly Thor could probably best the fourth host without the amp he'd just need that ax. Did you ever read Thor #300 ( 1980 ) vol.one?

lawest9
Meh...I was not impressed. And I'm not a fan of scaling nor Galactus portrayal in that book. He was ooc. Honestly Thor could probably best the fourth host without the amp he'd just need that ax. I know Thor slew Desak the God slayer with the ax, you think that'll work against the Celestials?!

Sin I AM
Did you ever read Thor #300 ( 1980 ) vol.one?

Yes
I know Thor slew Desak the God slayer with the ax, you think that'll work against the Celestials?!

I'm talking about jarnbjorn.

lawest9
Yes

I'm talking about jarnbjorn. Jarnbjorn didn't do him much good against Apoc.

Sin I AM
Jarnbjorn didn't do him much good against Apoc.

Yes but he's already defeated celestials with the ax

lawest9
Yes but he's already defeated celestials with the ax I apparently missed that , can you post scans please?

Sin I AM
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/the-dreaming-celestial-vs-thor-jarnbjorn-1733995/

lawest9
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/the-dreaming-celestial-vs-thor-jarnbjorn-1733995/ Thank you for posting that, but I doubt that a regular version of Thor could do that to the entire 4th host before they blast him collectively into submission, so the threads question still stands.

StiltmanFTW
Galactus wasn't just "well fed".

He was more powerful than he's ever been, per his own words.

And if we take that literally, it means he was more powerful than when he merged with Gah Lak Tus... or when he was Lifebringer... or when he solo'd all heroes, heralds and hell-lords in the galactic battle.

abhilegend
The Black Winter was featless.
Black Winter literally destroyed a universe on panel lol

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
Black Winter literally destroyed a universe on panel lol

Yes he soloed a featless justice league as well. Still not impressed

DarkSaint85
Thank you for posting that, but I doubt that a regular version of Thor could do that to the entire 4th host before they blast him collectively into submission, so the threads question still stands.

Cosmic Herald isn't a regular Thor.

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Cosmic Herald isn't a regular Thor. Never said that he was.

h1a8
The 4th host >>>>>> that Galactus
But ABC logic fails here.
Why?
Because it was a plot device of why Thor was able to drain Galactus (he had the power cosmic).

Cosmic Thor cannot do the same thing to any of the Celestials in the 4th host.

DarkSaint85
Never said that he was.

But we don't need your doubts for what a regular Thor can or cannot do - as he's not here. The main reason he did well was due to a weapon specifically designed to hurt Celestials.

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But we don't need your doubts for what a regular Thor can or cannot do - as he's not here. The main reason he did well was due to a weapon specifically designed to hurt Celestials. What you don't need is immaterial, it's an internet discussion board where everyone's opinion on the subject matter is welcomed.

abhilegend
Yes he soloed a featless justice league as well. Still not impressed
laughing out loud

Put it this way, Galactus has never even destroyed a galaxy on panel.

MrMind
laughing out loud

neither did the likes of spectre or death of the endless

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Spectre literally took the big bang on the face, twice.

MrMind
laughing out loud

Spectre literally took the big bang on the face, twice.

lol like galactus hasn't witnessed the big bang

galactus doesn't need galaxy destroying feat, the lesser being of Odin has done that

the mere fact that galactus can kill mad celestial means he is beyond the galaxy busting charade.

abhilegend
Check your meds

h1a8
Originally posted by MrMind
lol like galactus hasn't witnessed the big bang

galactus doesn't need galaxy destroying feat, the lesser being of Odin has done that

the mere fact that galactus can kill mad celestial means he is beyond the galaxy busting charade.

If he can beat the mad Celestials but cannot bust a galaxy at his best then what does that mean? stick out tongue

carver9
Thor stomps

h1a8
Here's my take. Thor beat Galactus not because he was more powerful but because of a plot device. Thor had access to the power cosmic and his own power and thus used them to drain Galactus. Thor can't necessarily drain the Celestials because he drained Galactus. They have a different power source and ability.

Thor was no more stronger, faster, durable, than his normal self.

Thor could potentially block one of their attacks but not all.
Plus you can't permanently damage them. They have been impaled ON PURPOSE. Had limbs cut off and regrew INSTANTLY.

They can just sit there and allow Thor with an hour of free licks.
What permanent damage can Thor do to them in that time?

carver9
Lmmfao

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Lmmfao

How would Thor PERMANENTLY DAMAGE them?
Please enlightened us.

carver9
Everything in your post was either guessing or just plain out wrong.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
Here's my take. Thor beat Galactus not because he was more powerful but because of a plot device. Thor had access to the power cosmic and his own power and thus used them to drain Galactus. Thor can't necessarily drain the Celestials because he drained Galactus. They have a different power source and ability.

Thor was no more stronger, faster, durable, than his normal self.

Thor could potentially block one of their attacks but not all.
Plus you can't permanently damage them. They have been impaled ON PURPOSE. Had limbs cut off and regrew INSTANTLY.

They can just sit there and allow Thor with an hour of free licks.
What permanent damage can Thor do to them in that time?

First para agreed
Second wrong
Third para first sentence agreed, second debatable, third and fourth agreed
Fourth not with the ax but maybe without

MrMind
If he can beat the mad Celestials but cannot bust a galaxy at his best then what does that mean? stick out tongue

where does it state he cannot? just because he has not doesn't mean he can not

carver9
You're asking a person who typed cosmic Thor and regular Thor being peers.

h1a8
Originally posted by MrMind
where does it state he cannot? just because he has not doesn't mean he can not Because that's how proof works. The onus is on those who are assigning special attributes.

Stoic
Because that's how proof works. The onus is on those who are assigning special attributes.

But he slapped Bill around with ease and was moments away from killing him. On average, if Bill fought the classic original Thor, it would be and has been a close fight.

Sin I AM
Pretty much.

ShadowFyre
H1 is retarded it was clearly shown when Cosmic Thor one shotted bill and then gave his cosmic power up so that they can have a regular fight.

Whether cosmic Thor is physically stronger is shown plain as day and basically spelled out for ya.

I do agree about the draining the celestial though.

MrMind
Because that's how proof works. The onus is on those who are assigning special attributes.

right, no proof TOAA can bench press 200 pounds barbell, which means he cannot

Old Man Whirly!
laughing out loud

Put it this way, Galactus has never even destroyed a galaxy on panel. Skull homeworld...

Stoic
laughing out loud

Not that I'm doubting you word, but what about his omni blast during Annihilation? He was also weakened during that period as they were using him as a battery of sorts, right? I was also under the 8mpression that under certain conditions, Galactus is as powerful as a sentient universe. I say under those conditions because he was above those levels while in the Dark Dimension, regardless of how he achieved those leveks.

carthage
Do the Host have access to rocks or can they just Choke Thor?

Stoic
Pretty sure that the aliens that were tossing boulders at Thor had superhuman strength.

lawest9
Originally posted by carthage
Do the Host have access to rocks or can they just Choke Thor? 🤣🤣🤣

abhilegend
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Skull homeworld...
Wasn't a galaxy. Originally posted by Stoic
Not that I'm doubting you word, but what about his omni blast during Annihilation? He was also weakened during that period as they were using him as a battery of sorts, right? I was also under the 8mpression that under certain conditions, Galactus is as powerful as a sentient universe. I say under those conditions because he was above those levels while in the Dark Dimension, regardless of how he achieved those leveks.
In Annihilation he destroyed a few solar systems. Dark Dimension Galactus was altered by magic, wasn't regular Galactus.

Stoic
Wasn't a galaxy.
In Annihilation he destroyed a few solar systems. Dark Dimension Galactus was altered by magic, wasn't regular Galactus.

But as I stated, Galactus was weakened during Annihilation. He did that while weakened.

carver9
He was beyond weakened

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
But as I stated, Galactus was weakened during Annihilation. He did that while weakened.
No, he had devoured the energy of countless planets stored by Annihilus.

GodofNature
Some wild takes in this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.