The Munsters (Rob Zombie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

BruceSkywalker
prolly will pass

tkitna
I'm intrigued

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I still like some of his movies, but he ain't perfect.

For example: in 31, it would have made the film much more interesting and compelling if the characters weren't annoying and obnoxious for once. Maybe care about whether or not some of them live for once? Just an idea.

But yeah, I actually don't know much about The Munsters, I've never seen it. I have no idea what he's going to do with this. I suspect it'll be darker and more violent than the innocent TV show (I assume it's a bit more innocent).

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

But yeah, I actually don't know much about The Munsters, I've never seen it. I have no idea what he's going to do with this. I suspect it'll be darker and more violent than the innocent TV show (I assume it's a bit more innocent).

Youtube has some episode of Munsters to watch, Different people have uploaded.

carthage
Casting his wife who is a horrible actress as Ms Munster kills any momentum this had going for it

Kazenji
I'm interested if Zombie can pull off a comedy film since he's mainly done horror movies.

Patient_Leech
Is this the real trailer? I'm not even sure.. Jesus Gawd... it looks completely unwatchable...

fnmBz3IGik4

tkitna
Umm,,,,wow. That looks like something from a Saturday morning Sid and Marty Krofft show.

I'm out.

BruceSkywalker
only way to watch shit like this will be free of charge

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Is this the real trailer? I'm not even sure.. Jesus Gawd... it looks completely unwatchable...

Yeah...Someone ****ed up cutting together that trailer.

Impediment

ShadowFyre
That....didn't look good. Used to love the munsters

Patient_Leech
It's weird af. Zombie used to be at least a somewhat competent filmmaker.

I guess it's trying to be a comedy?

Maybe he should just stick with quirky horror films?

Robtard
Zob Zombie generally doesn't appeal to me, I think I only really enjoyed his Halloween movies and those weren't great to begin with, just decent.

I'll check this out though, out of Munsters nostalgia, loved the show as a kid. I suspect it will be dirty ass.

No idea how Sherri Moon looks now, but she was an attractive woman in those earlier RZ films.

jaden_2.0
It's almost like most people in here don't even know about the original Munsters.

riv6672

Kazenji
This movie is going straight to Netflix

https://www.hit.com.au/story/a-munsters-reboot-will-be-coming-to-netflix-later-this-year-204884

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It's almost like most people in here don't even know about the original Munsters.

I do. But that slapstick quirkiness just isn't funny anymore.

I also used to think Jackass was funny when I was a kid. Now it's just dumb****ery. If you want to sell movies with the times you have to evolve the movies a little. The Munsters simply are not going to age well with the times.

Patient_Leech
Zombie's response...

"How the hell did everyone get the idea that The Munsters cost 40 millions dollars? ****, I wish I had that kind of budget.

To put a little perspective on it all if you add up the budgets of Halloween 2, The Lords of Salem, 31, 3 From Hell and The Munsters all together it wouldn't even add up to 30 million.

Also the movie was never going to theaters or Peacock or Paramount. It was always being made for Netflix which is fine since it is the largest of the streaming services. This was done way before I ever got involved in the project. I have no control or say over this type of stuff. This is a Universal deal.

But the internet loves to invent rumors which somehow turns to facts so the fans can get all bend out of shape.

None of this actually matters but thought you might like the real story."

RZ

Patient_Leech
Lol...

wuLbH_ljnHs

Galan007
Downloaded this. Stopped watching after about 20mins. Probably the worst pile of shit I have ever seen.

Lestov16
I used to watch and loved the Munsters as a kid, viewing them as the "cousins" of the Addams Family. On one hand I'm glad that a film is being made as a passion project, and such projects have been successful in the past (such as The Three Stooges reboot, which was a wonderful homage to the original troupe), but on the other hand, the budget looks like it was filmed in someone's garage for $25 bucks and a cheese-and-Spam sandwich, and Zombie's take on Halloween was an undisputed uninhibited-redneck-fantasy cluster****, so I'll be cautious until the reviews come out.....

Originally posted by Galan007
Downloaded this. Stopped watching after about 20mins. Probably the worst pile of shit I have ever seen.

Whelp.......no expression

Patient_Leech
Now that this is out I'm not sure I have enough interest to actually try to watch it.

I have limited time to watch movies these days, so this doesn't rank high in priority.

Kazenji
Something like this could've been good.... but nope they ****ed it up.

riv6672

Lestov16
So I decided to check this out for myself and it's honestly pretty good. The humour is great and the lighthearted atmosphere is hypnotic at times. Definitely would recommend watching if you're a fan of the show. It's really fun 😊

Lestov16
I really can not recommend this film enough for fans of the show or just good comedy in general, and it's also a great family film. To be REALLY honest, it's probably the best Halloween comedy to come out in quite a few years imo

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lestov16
So I decided to check this out for myself and it's honestly pretty good. The humour is great and the lighthearted atmosphere is hypnotic at times. Definitely would recommend watching if you're a fan of the show. It's really fun 😊

Been hearing that about this movie

so all the hate the movie has been getting is a load of bs.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Kazenji
Been hearing that about this movie

so all the hate the movie has been getting is a load of bs.

thumb up

The humour isn't fast-paced, raunchy, or high budgeted like most modern comedies, so I can understand why some wouldn't understand or appreciate it upon first viewing, but if you know what to expect, it delivers on every level.

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.