Cowboy Bebop (Netflix)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
_JDWm1f6-M0

This looks like it has a lot of potential.

BruceSkywalker
4 days before my birthday

honestly this looks atrociously bad

will watch

riv6672
Not a fan of the casting, so yeah.

cdtm
Originally posted by Impediment
_JDWm1f6-M0

This looks like it has a lot of potential.

Looks kind of like a parody. That or they're making fun of the source material.

riv6672

Ridley_Prime
Without seeing the above trailer until now, I had actually watched this one first when I came across it last night, which sold me more on it than the other.

ULCIHP5dc44

Just off of this one, I feel more embracing of the original material than most other typical adaptations, though I suspect it may still not be that good.

Am glad Netflix has the original anime now at least even if I write the live action one off; had been rewatching it for a nice trip down memory lane; I see the anime's age now but definitely still holds up.

BruceSkywalker
watched the first 4 episodes.. this show is definitely atrociously bad

Ridley_Prime
Is not even out yet on my end; not till Friday, but again am not expecting much. Re-experiencing the original anime was enough enjoyment for me.

riv6672
I will say this, the ship looks hella cool.

cdtm
Caught up on Arcane (Is is AWESOME)

Figure it's time for something really bad to balance the scales. smile

cdtm
Well we're boned.

First episode immediately has a conspiracy theorist ranting against corporations controlling everything and everybody.

You know what this means? It means corporations are controlling everything and everybody But they poke fun at it because they want you to think the idea is silly.

Suuuure..

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I cringed at that, but otherwise found the first episode entertaining enough. Suspect I will become more critical of the show as I continue watching later though.

TheVaultDweller
Maybe I've been spoiled by shows like Warrior, but the fight choreography in episode one looked hilariously bad to me.

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I cringed at that, but otherwise found the first episode entertaining enough. Suspect I will become more critical of the show as I continue watching later though.

It actually wasn't bad. Too many call backs though, it just made me want to watch the real thing.

I actually hope they stop referencing so much and just do a new and original thing.

Ridley_Prime
Just finished the season. It definitely starts getting more different as you go on.

It was okay-ish overall; mainly found the ending hard to swallow, though sets up for possibly something in the future as you would expect with any Netflix series now.

Most of the criticisms of this show will naturally be with Vicious. He went from being a silent edgy assassin in the anime to an amusing psychopath in live action, though his combat traits remained the same.

cdtm
One funny thing stood out with the classic Bebop is the voice acting doesn't hold up as well as I remember. For the time it was great, but now you notice how stilted and unnatural the dialog is.

Like all anime dubs at the time.

Ridley_Prime
Fair point. Steve Blum will always be remembered for me as Spike, but John Cho I was fine with far as someone playing him. Jet felt mostly on point too. Faye they couldve maybe gotten someone hotter for, but otherwise was fine with her as a quirkier version.

riv6672

Impediment
I stopped at episode three.

So disappointing.

wakkawakkawakka
I'm haven't actually seem the live action series yet but I did get a peak at Ed...and it's just as bad as everyone thinks.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I'm haven't actually seem the live action series yet but I did get a peak at Ed...and it's just as bad as everyone thinks.
To be fair, you dont see Ed till the very end and for like one scene. I figured that was how she would be portrayed though.

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
To be fair, you dont see Ed till the very end and for like one scene. I figured that was how she would be portrayed though.

Youtubing it no-- WTF?!!

Sheesh, anime Ed would tell him to lay off paint chips.

Old Man Whirly!
Enjoyed it.

Ridley_Prime
Looks like season 2 got cancelled. Guess that's one cliffhanger ending that went nowhere. lol

carthage
Lol

cdtm
Seems unfair. It was at least more entertaining then Dragon Ball Super.

BruceSkywalker
smart move to cancel this horrid trash

robotflug
This show sucks as anime never works in live action.

Blakemore
I never saw the anime, it looked shit.

This might be fun to watch if you all say it's bad.

cdtm
Originally posted by Blakemore
I never saw the anime, it looked shit.

This might be fun to watch if you all say it's bad.

Shit compared to what other animes?

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, Cowboy Bebop is regarded as one of the best animes, that has aged very well. Only an ignorant know-nothing would lump it with the Netflix adaptation or give that a chance over the original show.

robotflug
Its bad enough how One Piece is getting a live action adaptation after Coyboy Bebop.

riv6672

robotflug
This live action Cowboy Bebop was always a mistake and it flopped big time.

riv6672

robotflug
Cowboy Bebop is better off animated and should never be made into live action.

Ridley_Prime
The main problem with this was the writing. Mustafa Shakir as Jet and John Cho as Spike (both really good actors) were mostly the only good part of this show. Good acting cant save bad writing of course, but this definitely had the potential to be better than it was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.