Should the "Dark Tower Series" be made into a movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hova_wv
The Dark Tower Series is one of Stephen King's best series' that he has ever written. It is probably one of the best series' ever written. I was just wondering what you all thought about making that series into a movie. I think it would be great.

HOVA

Kes

hova_wv
Its hard to describe unless you read it. It is just a mixture of everything. I heard that Stephen King was going to tie everyone of his books to revolve around this book series. You should definately check this out.

Kes
Ok.I will! raver

chico23
Well i read all the books I would love to see this as a series of movies. My favorite is Drawing of the Three.

hova_wv
I think that my favorite was "Wizard and the Glass" because of all the action. It should be made into a movie. It would be good to put some faces to what I have made up in my head.

loveday
I really love the Gunslinger/Tower books and can't imagine Hollywood getting even a little bit close to the complex poetic atmostphere in the books.

Look what happened to Lord of the Rings... some scenes seem to match (my) mental version of the book (the two giant king statues rising out of the water) but the plot is so hacked up... really butchered. I really regret watching the LOTR films because they've diluted my previous impressions of the book. That's my 2 cents!

woowoo
we believe that the dark tower series should be made into a series of mini-series directed by stephen king himself, to make sure that every detail is captured. if this is not possible then no movie should be made.

TedO
I can't see this movie being made. Seires, not movie. Whatever.

Many King books could be easiy transported, but because of the way this seires is written, I don't think it could easily be transfered to a movie without it losing alot of what makes it great.

In other Tower news, they will all be out by November 2004, eh? Three in the span of a year (he wants to have them done and then retire, so hopefully he sticks to that). If you go to http://stephenking.com/DarkTower/index2.html you can get an audio exerpt read by King from the next one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.