If Superman is a 10 in versatility, where are these guys?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
If Superman is a 10 in versatility (meaning how many powers he has or how many ways to win a battle) where would you rank these guys? 10 is not the max.

Ice Man
Human Torch
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Captain Atom
Professor X
Magneto
Add your own characters as well

StiltmanFTW
Versatility is not something you can just assess like that, lol.

HumbleServant
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Versatility is not something you can just assess like that, lol. lol how do you assess it

StiltmanFTW
Each case is different.

In your thread, easy to point out MMH is vastly more versatile, while having a very similar powerset. If Superman is 10, then J'onn is 25.

Others are quite different and operate in their own unique ways.

-Pr-
Originally posted by HumbleServant
If Superman is a 10 in versatility (meaning how many powers he has or how many ways to win a battle) where would you rank these guys? 10 is not the max.

Ice Man
Human Torch
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Captain Atom
Professor X
Magneto
Add your own characters as well

Like Stilt says, it's not an easy question to answer.

Someone like Superman doesn't appear on the surface to be that versatile, but he uses what he has in clever and unique ways.

Then you have certain Green Lanterns with potentially the most powerful (not to mention versatile) weapon in existence, and all they do is make basic constructs.

Are we talking versatility in range, or application?

carver9
Edit

EcstaticGrace

DarkSaint85
Just a point, that Superintelligence is one of Superman's powers. And he has Kryptonian tech/knowledge. So that should also be factored in.

Philosophía
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Each case is different.

In your thread, easy to point out MMH is vastly more versatile, while having a very similar powerset. If Superman is 10, then J'onn is 25.

Others are quite different and operate in their own unique ways. Originally posted by -Pr-
Like Stilt says, it's not an easy question to answer.

Someone like Superman doesn't appear on the surface to be that versatile, but he uses what he has in clever and unique ways.

Then you have certain Green Lanterns with potentially the most powerful (not to mention versatile) weapon in existence, and all they do is make basic constructs.

Are we talking versatility in range, or application? Yes, and it goes even deeper that that.

While they both share powers , even ignoring for the magnitude , the applicability of those powers in itself differentiates in versatility. Clark with just his speed covers J'onn's speed and two other powers, which is invisibility and intangibility, on top of all other ass pulls like vibrating ghost worlds in the multiverse, time travel and whatnot. Clark's HV is significantly more diverse in its applications, too.

beatboks
This is functionally incorrect.

There are a number of things Superman can do that these guys can that are listed as his specific power plus several more none of them can do.

Courtesy if Superspeed supes can and has

Become invisible - MMH, GL
Phased/become intangible - MMH, Firestorm
Travelled time - Capt Atom
Transported across dimensions - none of them.
Control wind currents, affect/control the weather (which he can also do with both heat vision or super breath)

Courtesy of super breath
Freeze power - none of them
Control weather
Distance push

Courtesy of heat vision he has
Heated Earths atmosphere,
Ionised the air around Bloodsport to disable his teleporter
Caused a focused confusion in Manchester Black temp shutting down his powers. And much more.

In this small list (which is FAR from comprehensive) 3 of supermans powers gift him 8 more)

JBL
They Would range between 15 and 25. Superman is not in most of these characters class when it comes to versatility. Heat vision, freeze breath and speed does not elevate Superman to their level.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by beatboks
This is functionally incorrect.

There are a number of things Superman can do that these guys can that are listed as his specific power plus several more none of them can do.

Courtesy if Superspeed supes can and has

Become invisible - MMH, GL
Phased/become intangible - MMH, Firestorm
Travelled time - Capt Atom
Transported across dimensions - none of them.
Control wind currents, affect/control the weather (which he can also do with both heat vision or super breath)

Courtesy of super breath
Freeze power - none of them
Control weather
Distance push

Courtesy of heat vision he has
Heated Earths atmosphere,
Ionised the air around Bloodsport to disable his teleporter
Caused a focused confusion in Manchester Black temp shutting down his powers. And much more.

In this small list (which is FAR from comprehensive) 3 of supermans powers gift him 8 more)

Lol no

-Pr-
They are things he's done, but I don't think you can say he's just granting himself new powers. They're just applications of his existing powers.

beatboks
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol no

Yes, I was replying to EcstaticGrace who specifically said three of thenm were more versatile because of what they CAN do with their powers. In said reply I was specifically listing things Superman can do, because he has that match the versatility the others have shown capable of via application of the powers he has.

The basis of the statement is wrong.

Stoic
What about the Silver Surfer? In terms of versatility I'm not sure that you'd find many characters as versatile as he is. This doesn't seem to be about who is mightier, but as the OP asks, who is more versatile.

ShadowFyre
Regular tractor-11

DR Brushmower-100

The Riddler-50

Killer Croc-99

beatboks
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol no

Also I should point out, I didn't mean in that post that GL etc weren't more versatile than Clark. They are. It's not however because of what they can do but because their powers are more versatile.

It's not because of the "sheer number of powers". MMH has all the same physical powers as supes (Strength, Speed, Durability to different degrees in some but still) to which he adds Martian vision, tp, tk, invisibility, phasing, shape shifting. While Superman adds heat vision, super breath, xray vision, super hearing, super smell, super sight., super intelligence. The sheer number of powers are the same. TP however is more versatile that super hearing, sight or smell. As is TK.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.