Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan

Jmanghan
Coming to Switch June 8th, WITH restored content, all cut content will be making it into the game this time around for a complete experience:

rEhYnI1MqxI

Switch-only unfortunately from what I'm seeing.

Jmanghan
Got into an argument with a dude on twitter who is vehemently defending the pricing of this game.

ares834
What's the problem with the price? From what I'm seeing, it's only $15. Seems more than fair for the price.

Smasandian
Yeah. $15 seems OK. I think Nintendo's own re-releases are much worst than $15

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
What's the problem with the price? From what I'm seeing, it's only $15. Seems more than fair for the price. It is a good price, except when you realize the restored content is going to be DLC, and that it's been $9.99 on steam and GoG since it first released.

And that it has exclusive bugs, and that Aspyr are greedy and charge extra even for Star Wars games that they removed features from (Jedi Academy, Republic Commando.)

ares834
The restored content will be free DLC. $15 is absolutely a fair price for a port. That it's slightly cheaper on PC does not change this.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
The restored content will be free DLC. $15 is absolutely a fair price for a port. That it's slightly cheaper on PC does not change this. It was stated to be free?

ares834
Seems to be so from what I saw on google.

Jmanghan
Apparently you can't even complete the game on Switch...

https://kotaku.com/kotor-ii-star-wars-aspyr-nintendo-switch-bug-the-sith-l-1849085914

This is embarrassing, see what I mean about Aspyr ports (yes this is absolutely an Aspyr thing and NOT a Nintendo thing)? That they charge more for objectively inferior versions of the game, inferior to the XBOX originals??

I admit my issue with the pricing is more me being jaded at them for removing multiplayer from Republic Commando and charging more for it, as well as removing multiplayer from Jedi Outcast.

Jedi Academy they kept the multiplayer but charged double for it with no way to make matches and removed custom chat, which would have been handy on Nintendo Switch which has NO MESSAGING SYSTEM.

They also blocked me on twitter for complaining about the lack of multiplayer in Academy and RC which is insane to me.

KOTOR and now KOTOR II on Switch have been way more buggy then any previous version with frequent crashes for any number of reasons. I've crashed when opening the save menu, opening a plasteel cylinder, fighting an enemy, changing targets, and I'm not even close to halfway through the game. KOTOR II though takes the cake... It's one of the buggiest games I've ever played. It skips dialogue when I'm trying to read it, some characters don't even say their lines, sound cuts out randomly then cuts back in. Atton has come up to me and his influence has gone up for no reason. I've gotten Dark Side points for stuff that is supposed to give me Light Side points (Which I tested on a different save and the same dialogue option gave me light side points.)

All I'm saying is you can buy KOTOR I and II on Xbox for $9.99 right now, you can buy them on Steam for the same price, there are used copies of the original Xbox versions that are less then what they are on steam right now. So yes, it's perfectly valid for anyone to complain about the price, because if they are WORSE VERSIONS they have NO reason to cost more.

I wouldn't even be upset if they worked fine and costed the same as everywhere else, and I'd only be a little upset if they were worse versions but costed the same. But this... this is ridiculous, it's not about the money, it's about the principle of it all. Having to pay extra money for objectively worse versions when every other version costs less, even the one on other consoles!

Anyway there's my rant, I thankfully haven't run into the bug mentioned in Kotaku's article, thank god, sorry to anyone who has.

Tzeentch
Nintendo is shit.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Nintendo is shit. I genuinely think it's an Aspyr thing and not a Nintendo thing.

I think Aspyr is a greedy-ass developer who would rather haphazardly port the games doing the least amount of work possible, removing stuff that is in all versions of said game, and still charge extra for it.

Keep in mind these are the guys behind the KOTOR remake.

Jmanghan
Nvm, I did run into that bug, oh well, can't blame Aspyr for that can we smile ... Thought it meant getting to Onderon the first time. Nope, didn't work, tried a bunch of times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.