The return of Dark Horse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
https://www.starwars.com/news/dark-horse-comics-announce

Looks like Dark Hose will start publishing SW comics again in 2022. This could be a really good thing, but I wonder why Marvel is outsourcing the comic lines to them?

Galan007
Sounds like both companies will be publishing SW books at the same time, with Dark Horse initially overseeing the High Republic line, and Marvel continuing with the other titles.

I appreciate Dark Horse being involved with the comics again(some of the books they published were among the best things in Legends, imo), but I am kind of curious *why* this is happening..?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
(some of the books they published were among the best things in Legends, imo)

They were. It's a fact.

Originally posted by Galan007
but I am kind of curious *why* this is happening..?

This is just a guess, but maybe it's a part of Disney's plan to appeal to the old fandom?

Or... maybe they want to buy Dark Horse?

Underachiever59
From what I've been seeing, I think IDW's contract with Disney was running out. And IDW's Star Wars Adventure line wasn't exactly the best selling comic line out there. Dark Horse is at least a proven publisher, with a really strong relationship with the Star Wars fanbase. Basically guaranteed money that IDW couldn't hope to match. So instead of renewing a contract with IDW, they're giving the license back to Dark Horse.

Galan007
That would make sense. thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
https://www.starwars.com/news/dark-horse-comics-announce

Looks like Dark Hose will start publishing SW comics again in 2022. This could be a really good thing, but I wonder why Marvel is outsourcing the comic lines to them? lmao Dark Hose.

Sheev
This is great news! I expect some actual quality to return to the comic line. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.