Hawkeye (Disney+)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
I can't find the other thread so just made new one,,,

First two episodes were entertaining.. Pretty good action.. Hailee was well cast and great...

Dr Will Hatch
Loved the first two episodes.

Darth Thor
Yeah was cool. Just annoying Disney plus does these things weekly instead of Netflix binge style.

carthage

tkitna
Liked it a lot. Could do without the dog though.

Darth Thor
^ Not sure that was worthy of spoiler tags lol

TheVaultDweller
I thought the first two episodes were pretty entertaining. Renner is always fun to watch, and Steinfeld fits into her role well IMO. She seems to be getting a lot of work nowadays. She's in this, voices a lead in Arcane, which has been doing really well, has her other show, Dickinson, which is in its third season, and will be reprising her role in the Into the Spider-Verse sequel that's currently in production.

Robtard
Only watched the first and I wasn't overly thrilled. Can't say it was bad, but it wasn't all that good either, imo.

Not too worried about it though, felt the same with ep1 of WandaVision and that turned out good.

carthage
Maya is pretty cool

BruceSkywalker
Alaqua Cox is awesome as Echo

tonights show was pretty good

also love the trick arrows

BruceSkywalker
real good seeing yelena

carthage

Darth Thor

TheVaultDweller
That Kingpin reveal got me pretty hyped for the rest of the show.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That Kingpin reveal got me pretty hyped for the rest of the show. hmmmm, not sure about it tbh.

BruceSkywalker
great episode

great seeing Fisk

tkitna
Ok, we know Kingpin is involved, but who was Clint talking about when he was on the phone with his wife? Fury, Banner,,,,,I dont know

Darth Thor
Hopefully we get Daredevil too.

-Pr-
Good finale. I think this is arguably my favourite of the MCU shows. That or Wandavision.

Stringer

BruceSkywalker
pretty good season finale

can't wait to see Echo's series

Darth Thor
Kingpin better not be dead.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Thor

he isn't lol

TheVaultDweller

I doubt it. There's a reason they panned away from them as the shot went off. IIRC, Echo shoots Kingpin at one point in the comics as well, so it may have been a callback to that. Either way, I doubt they'd bring back a fan favourite like Fisk just to kill him off immediately.

What I find interesting is that Vincent D'Onofrio has said that it's the same Kingpin from the Netflix series, but that he got a power creep (he's probably the physically strongest non-super in the MCU right now). And some people have also pointed out that his cufflinks on Hawkeye are the same ones he always wore on Daredevil. Which, by extension, suggests that the Matt Murdock we see in NWH is also the Netflix version.

Galan007
This series was enjoyable from start to finish. Pretty impressed.

With the Fisk appearance in this series, and the Murdock appearance in NWH, I'm now hopeful that we might see Bernthal Punisher appear in the MCU-proper. He played that character exceptionally well, imo... Would love to see him again.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I doubt it. There's a reason they panned away from them as the shot went off. IIRC, Echo shoots Kingpin at one point in the comics as well, so it may have been a callback to that. Either way, I doubt they'd bring back a fan favourite like Fisk just to kill him off immediately.

What I find interesting is that Vincent D'Onofrio has said that it's the same Kingpin from the Netflix series, but that he got a power creep (he's probably the physically strongest non-super in the MCU right now). And some people have also pointed out that his cufflinks on Hawkeye are the same ones he always wore on Daredevil. Which, by extension, suggests that the Matt Murdock we see in NWH is also the Netflix version.

I would assume Netflix versions. Otherwise just recast to show its different.

Although Wasnt Fisk off to prison the last we left him in Daredevil

TheVaultDweller
I would assume Netflix versions. Otherwise just recast to show its different.

Although Wasnt Fisk off to prison the last we left him in Daredevil

A bunch of time has passed in-universe since then. Daredevil S3 was like 2018 whereas the current MCU timeline is in like 2024 or something. Fisk could have pulled some strings during that time, especially if he didn't get Blipped and was able to take advantage of all the chaos during those five years.

Darth Thor
^ Good points.

xXI_wing_IXx
Hawkeye is okay at the start and gets better at the end. Wow! Kingpin is a crazy beast. Got rammed head-on by a car and impacted by exploding arrows, and he's still alive and standing a few minutes later. Afterwards, getting shot in the face close range and also presumed alive as it happened in comics. Frankly, I felt kinda bad for him. So much pain he had to endure lol.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by xXI_wing_IXx
Hawkeye is okay at the start and gets better at the end. Wow! Kingpin is a crazy beast. Got rammed head-on by a car and impacted by exploding arrows, and he's still alive and standing a few minutes later. Afterwards, getting shot in the face close range and also presumed alive as it happened in comics. Frankly, I felt kinda bad for him. So much pain he had to endure lol.

Yeah, after getting shot with an arrow, rammed by a car and blown up, he probably was just thinking, "Screw it. I'm done for the night." And then Echo shoots him and, if the comics are anything to go by, probably blinds him. He even mentions family not always seeing "eye to eye" right before the camera pans away and we hear the gunshot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.