Is Thor a mid tier in 2022?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
When you consider his sheer amount of low showings/inconsistencies where do you rank current Thor? Would any herald be hurt by a rock or beaten up by their own weapon or have their skull cracked by another in the same tier?

DarkSaint85
You forget that he can also be choked out

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You forget that he can also be choked out

I'm afraid to ask. But going to anyways......choked out?

MrMind
I think you meant to say Thor owns any DC heroes

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Delta1938
I'm afraid to ask. But going to anyways......choked out?

Allfather Thor went up against Immortal Hulk. Who proceeded to choke him.

Luckily, Black Panther was there to save him.

https://i.postimg.cc/zBfLCknz/Hulk-vs-Thor-1.jpg

Delta1938

Dialogue looks like suffocating, not choking. Don't see him BEING choked(which in a combat situation would most likely be cutting bloodflow to the brain, not suffocation, though most writers probably don't know).

EcstaticGrace
Made worse when I believe in the same run Immortal Hulk was suggested weaker than WWH/Savage Hulk

lawest9
Marvel do tend to turn him into a joke pretty often.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carthage
When you consider his sheer amount of low showings/inconsistencies where do you rank current Thor? Would any herald be hurt by a rock or beaten up by their own weapon or have their skull cracked by another in the same tier?

No. His issue have all been psychological since Fury whispered in his ear. That's why his powers wax and wane imo

Stoic

Actually, yeah many would and have had similar showings. The guys tossing the rocks would've had to be strong to affect Thor with what they threw at him. It seems to me that no matter how well he does, all he needs is one low showing and his highs are completely ignored.

StiltmanFTW

I say he is a janitor level - below butlers and probably quite inferior to some more known Marvel janitors, such as Toad.

Philosophía
I'm not sure I'd put current Odin Force Thor as a high-herald. I think mid is closer to the truth -- but I love Damborg too much to really say that.

carver9
Thor without hammer - mid Herald to bottom high High Herald
Thor with hammer - epitome of high Herald tier and can reach Trans tier levels under stress
Thor with Odin Force - Easily Skyfather

lawest9
Originally posted by carver9
Thor with hammer - epitome of high Herald tier and can reach Trans tier levels under stress

Booya_69
Originally posted by Sin I AM
No. His issue have all been psychological since Fury whispered in his ear. That's why his powers wax and wane imo

That's an interesting theory. Sure he has low showings, but he also has showings that transcend the high herald level. He currently has the OF, obviously he's beyond mid herald level lol

Booya_69
Originally posted by carver9

Booya

Khazra Reborn

lawest9
It's sad and sickening all at once how Marvel continues to have him jobbing to Hulk every time they meet now, decades ago they were considered equals in pure strength.

carver9
Wouldn't say jobbing, Hulk is just that powerful. Hulk has been crushing everyone that's came his way. You all need to hold that and move on. Hulk has received a lot of upgrades over the yrs and it is showing. He is the most powerful being on the planet, to the point that the Avengers is saying he is the most powerful being they will face.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by lawest9
It's sad and sickening all at once how Marvel continues to have him jobbing to Hulk every time they meet now, decades ago they were considered equals in pure strength.

The guy who writes the main Thor and Hulk books is doing a crossover with the two of them, this year. So we should get a decent fight between the two of them.

lawest9
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The guy who writes the main Thor and Hulk books is doing a crossover with the two of them, this year. So we should get a decent fight between the two of them. That will be refreshing to see Thor get his share of blows in.

ShadowFyre
I'm convinced Thor writers are just f****** with us, they're going to write like two good stories and then he's going to retcon it so that it's not the Thor or Odinforce but "The Hammerforce" or some shit. And then change the enchantment on Mjolnir to "everyone's a winner" or whateverr sjw bullshit of the week they are pushing

lawest9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I'm convinced Thor writers are just f****** with us, they're going to write like two good stories and then he's going to retcon it so that it's not the Thor or Odinforce but "The Hammerforce" or some shit. And then change the enchantment on Mjolnir to "everyone's a winner" or whateverr sjw bullshit of the week they are pushing Such writers should not be trusted, to me they cheapens the stories of anything they write.

StiltmanFTW
Cates is saying goodbye to his Thor run, having him killed by the Hulk.

playa1258
He's a white male so he is trash tier for woke Marvel.

StiltmanFTW
No.

Thor is a blonde bimbo who begged for this rough treatment since the beginning.

Khazra Reborn

Juntai

StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Delta1938
Dialogue looks like suffocating, not choking. Don't see him BEING choked(which in a combat situation would most likely be cutting bloodflow to the brain, not suffocation, though most writers probably don't know).

You're arguing semantics here, man. You know damn well what Saint meant.

But if you want to be technical - then it was both... as the tissue was putting pressure on most of Thor's head, including the whole neck area and forcibly entering his mouth and throat (probably other orifices too, such as nostrils) - quite literally deepthroating that poor Asgardian.

This is what happens when a super-durable arm regenerates all around your head.

Far from a standard scenario or any conventional attack, so hard to properly classify it.

xJLxKing

DarkSaint85
It's just the nature of Marvel, as opposed to DC.

Marvel try to make their entire stable of characters accessible to everyone, off the back of their movies (or maybe it's the other way around). Black Widow has a film coming out - she gets a push in comics. Black Panther has a film out - he gets a push. Moon Knight has a series coming out, he's getting a push in comics etc.

This way, they draw in fans for all their characters. Which means something has to give - Thor gets a push to Skyfather levels (keeping Thor fans happy), only to lose to Hulk (keeping Hulk fans happy) only to get carved up by Panther (keeping Panther fans happy) only to get blocked by Susan Storm (keeping me happy).

Meanwhile, in DC? Batman and Superman. That's it. You get 25,000 different Batmen (Affleck/Bale/Pattinson/Clooney etc), 63,000 different origin stories of Krypton exploding or the Waynes getting shot, whilst in comics 80% of a week's output is Batfamily related. Those two will get all the feats, whilst in Marvel everything is circular and everybody wins.

lawest9
It's just the nature of Marvel, as opposed to DC.

Marvel try to make their entire stable of characters accessible to everyone, off the back of their movies (or maybe it's the other way around). Black Widow has a film coming out - she gets a push in comics. Black Panther has a film out - he gets a push. Moon Knight has a series coming out, he's getting a push in comics etc.

This way, they draw in fans for all their characters. Which means something has to give - Thor gets a push to Skyfather levels (keeping Thor fans happy), only to lose to Hulk (keeping Hulk fans happy) only to get carved up by Panther (keeping Panther fans happy) only to get blocked by Susan Storm (keeping me happy).

Meanwhile, in DC? Batman and Superman. That's it. You get 25,000 different Batmen (Affleck/Bale/Pattinson/Clooney etc), 63,000 different origin stories of Krypton exploding or the Waynes getting shot, whilst in comics 80% of a week's output is Batfamily related. Those two will get all the feats, whilst in Marvel everything is circular and everybody wins. DC forever remains behind Marvel in ideas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.