Batman vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Other street levelers like Cap A, Daredevil and BP for example have given Subby a run for his money, how well will Bats do in both a random battle and a hours prep for Bruce?

Stoic
Steve had the shield though. With his gadgets I can see him do well in a comic, but without plot not so well. Namor has the strength to toss huge objects and all, he also has Hydroman's powers.

lawest9
Originally posted by Stoic
Steve had the shield though. With his gadgets I can see him do well in a comic, but without plot not so well. Namor has the strength to toss huge objects and all, he also has Hydroman's powers. Cap had the shield but DD and BP didn't, although one can argue that T'challa may have been wearing his Vibranium suit.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by lawest9
Other street levelers like Cap A, Daredevil and BP for example have given Subby a run for his money, how well will Bats do in both a random battle and a hours prep for Bruce?

He'll do as well if not better than them. If you're giving them their good showings, then it's only fair that Bats also gets his.

EcstaticGrace
Batman could win with plot, but by stats and actual logic Namor should indecisively stomp.

Smurph
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Batman could win with plot, but by stats and actual logic Namor should indecisively stomp. Indecisively?

Philosophía
He'll stomp, then stop, then stomp some more, only to stop again, ad nauseam.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Smurph
Indecisively?

Decisively

carver9
Batman

Bentley
Is this amped Namor? We need to give him some hope here

lawest9
Originally posted by Bentley
Is this amped Namor? We need to give him some hope here Classic Namor.

zopzop
It's crazy how this is even up for discussion. In attempting to make useless street level characters relevant in major fights, they are given feats that defy even comic book logic. In a comic fight, Batman obviously wins. In a forum fight, Batman is reduced to a greasy white and red paste on the sidewalk.

basilisk
With classic Namor it would make for a good fight because unlike Bats vs some of the DC heavy hitters there isn't that insane speed & strength gap that makes those fights a bit PIS/CIS. Namor is fast but he doesn't have that sort of speed, and also he isn't a planet-pusher type.

On Bats side looking at the weapons and skills he might bring, depending on what he packed in the utility belt that day:
The suit - gives him some level of protection.
Batarangs - might hold him back briefly but probably don't pack enough punch to do much damage.
Bat cable etc - probably not going to help much here except to get out of the way.
Taser - Namor is very resistant to this sort of attack
Freeze pellets - Namor is very tolerant of cold so probably not unless they are getting near absolute zero or something
Heat? Bats might have something up his sleeve in this area. Or maybe some sort of chemical that acts as a dehydrator to weaken Subby.
Sonics - not sure with Namor. Probably would work to some extent.
Bat KO gas - capable of taking Namor down with a successful delivery, otherwise could at least help slow him down or finish him off.
Light? He might have something like laser flash that could temporarily blind Subby to gain advantage.
Fighting skills - definitely could work since Namor has been defeated by porpoises and other skilled opponents who used pressure point attacks, especially if one of the other attacks above slows him down first and provides an opening.

I think Bats does better than DD, Cap, BP etc because he has the skills but also the equipment.

On the other hand Namor is tough to beat in a fight like this. He is very strong and very tough and pretty quick. He's an experienced fighter. Even if he can't get in quick and beat Batman down he has the option of picking stuff up and throwing it at range (in comics of course Batman just dodges somehow).
His flight power isn't great certainly nowhere near Superman level so not quite that much of an advantage.

In a straight fight I really think Subby should be able to take at least 7/10.
In an actual comic plot Batman would probably win 6 or 7/10 because that's what he does.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
It's crazy how this is even up for discussion. In attempting to make useless street level characters relevant in major fights, they are given feats that defy even comic book logic. In a comic fight, Batman obviously wins. In a forum fight, Batman is reduced to a greasy white and red paste on the sidewalk.

To be fair, there are two fights in the OP, random encounter and prep.

Batman is weird - nobody can deny him being a top street tier, but he also has that weird habit of doing well against heralds, while at the same time getting his ass raped by marginally enhanced low metas...

Philosophía
The thing about Batman is that he's not a normal street levelers, so in this type of fight he's not relying on "hey, streets can enter punch-outs with Namor-class tiers" -- even if he could, most of which could be considered PIS.

It's that he has weapons beyond his physical capabilities, some of which would no doubt give Namor a lot of problems.

StiltmanFTW
Batman carries lollipops in his utility belt.

And Dick knows exactly in which pocket.

I wish I were kidding.

Philosophía
Yes, yes, true.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwSLJiGWgAEHQei.png

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/54Y2H8T/gdwfb9mbk9d81.jpg

Robtard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/54Y2H8T/gdwfb9mbk9d81.jpg Batman is my favorite DC character, really wish certain writers would stop writing him as an implied pederast...

Stoic
Originally posted by basilisk
With classic Namor it would make for a good fight because unlike Bats vs some of the DC heavy hitters there isn't that insane speed & strength gap that makes those fights a bit PIS/CIS. Namor is fast but he doesn't have that sort of speed, and also he isn't a planet-pusher type.

On Bats side looking at the weapons and skills he might bring, depending on what he packed in the utility belt that day:
The suit - gives him some level of protection.
Batarangs - might hold him back briefly but probably don't pack enough punch to do much damage.
Bat cable etc - probably not going to help much here except to get out of the way.
Taser - Namor is very resistant to this sort of attack
Freeze pellets - Namor is very tolerant of cold so probably not unless they are getting near absolute zero or something
Heat? Bats might have something up his sleeve in this area. Or maybe some sort of chemical that acts as a dehydrator to weaken Subby.
Sonics - not sure with Namor. Probably would work to some extent.
Bat KO gas - capable of taking Namor down with a successful delivery, otherwise could at least help slow him down or finish him off.
Light? He might have something like laser flash that could temporarily blind Subby to gain advantage.
Fighting skills - definitely could work since Namor has been defeated by porpoises and other skilled opponents who used pressure point attacks, especially if one of the other attacks above slows him down first and provides an opening.

I think Bats does better than DD, Cap, BP etc because he has the skills but also the equipment.

On the other hand Namor is tough to beat in a fight like this. He is very strong and very tough and pretty quick. He's an experienced fighter. Even if he can't get in quick and beat Batman down he has the option of picking stuff up and throwing it at range (in comics of course Batman just dodges somehow).
His flight power isn't great certainly nowhere near Superman level so not quite that much of an advantage.

In a straight fight I really think Subby should be able to take at least 7/10.
In an actual comic plot Batman would probably win 6 or 7/10 because that's what he does.

Namor is still much faster than Bruce is though. At least when you factor in flight.

Old Man Whirly!
Anti Shark spray ftw!

lawest9
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Anti Shark spray ftw! 😆😆😆😆😆 that's pretty good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.