Halo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Has potential, 7/10

BruceSkywalker
i will watch

BruceSkywalker
watched first episode

pretty good.. nice action

ares834
As it's own thing it was... fine I guess. But it's not Halo.

I'm just so sick of all these B-list writers taking beloved properties and completely mangling them during "adaptation". These writers have their own stories or message they want to tell but it's not good enough to attract an audience on it's own. So they take that story and wrap it in the skin of a popular IP. And, when the fans are disappointed and the show fails, the fans get blamed and called "toxic" and "entitled".

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/029/477/It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by ares834
As it's own thing it was... fine I guess. But it's not Halo.

I'm just so sick of all these B-list writers taking beloved properties and completely mangling them during "adaptation". These writers have their own stories or message they want to tell but it's not good enough to attract an audience on it's own. So they take that story and wrap it in the skin of a popular IP. And, when the fans are disappointed and the show fails, the fans get blamed and called "toxic" and "entitled".

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/029/477/It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg You see I think that's why I'm fine with it. I have played Hali with my eldest boys, long ago, but, I am at best a casual fan and I know nothing of the extended Universe so for me, it was fun.Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
watched first episode

pretty good.. nice action My thoughts too.

Nemesis X
They have a human leading the Covenant. I'm gonna heave.

xPRIMEx
Action was great

Kazenji
All i've heard about this show is the first episode is good but then after that it's downhill.

Nemesis X
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PGsbT9o79A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEpHtw_x_zs

If they didn't give him name drops and I were to close my eyes, I would think Chief wasn't in this show at all. What I'm trying to say: the voice sucks. They couldn't have John keep his helmet on and let Steve Downes do the voice instead?

Robtard
Ep one had some good, but a whole lot of bad, imo.

Going to watch ep 2, maybe 3. But if it doesn't drastically improve, I'll be passing.

Patient_Leech
Dis good?

(i don't give a single shit about it not being true to the game. I never played it.)

BruceSkywalker
episode 2 was decent.. still want more action.

Kazenji
Just seen what happened with Angry Joe's review for episode 2. Someone got butthurt over at CBS just because they didn't give episode 2 excellent reviews

so they blocked it worldwide.

Nemesis X
Paramount had the first episode up on their YouTube channel for awhile I noticed yesterday and today saw they removed it. Cannot find it anywhere. Probably had to do with the like/dislike ratio with around 15K likes and dislikes over 35K. Between blocking Angry Joe's review and this, am I glad Halo is in the hands of such mature people.

BruceSkywalker
this show fascinates m and as long as it does i'll continue to watch

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this show fascinates m and as long as it does i'll continue to watch Yeah, incel fan boys aside, for someone who is not a video game freak, this is very enjoyable.

Ridley_Prime
Thank you for further proving that incel's just another buzzword that's lost nearly all meaning.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, incel fan boys aside, for someone who is not a video game freak, this is very enjoyable.

i agree

Ridley_Prime
If Halo debuted as a comic book series or something instead of a game series but otherwise had the same story and lore, I doubt as many of you would be singing the same tune.

I don't mind people enjoying this show for what it is without experiencing the games, but let's not act like fans don't have legitimate reasons for not liking it as an adaptation, just like with certain bad superhero films or shows that you would be more critical of too.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Thank you for further proving that incel's just another buzzword that's lost nearly all meaning.

thumb up

BruceSkywalker
latest episode was hella badasserie

Old Man Whirly!
latest episode was hella badasserie Fantastic show 8/10

cdtm
Whirly thought Joker was terrible.

You can gauge a shows quality by literally doing the opposite of whatever he's doing.

BruceSkywalker
this has been a really good show

Old Man Whirly!
this has been a really good show thumb up Another excellent episode Bruce.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
thumb up Another excellent episode Bruce.

yes it was

john got beat f7ck though

Old Man Whirly!
yes it was

john got beat f7ck though yeah he did. This show gets better and better.

Robtard
Despite the changes to Halo lore, it's a fun show. Pablo Schreiber is good as John 117 and I have a crush on the Amazonian blonde Spartan Kai 125.

Makee, the human Covenant is a hard sell for me, this far I've not liked her acting/role/character. But she's improved a little bit in the last ep.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Despite the changes to Halo lore, it's a fun show. Pablo Schreiber is good as John 117 and I have a crush on the Amazonian blonde Spartan Kai 125.

Makee, the human Covenant is a hard sell for me, this far I've not liked her acting/role/character. But she's improved a little bit in the last ep. I quite fancy Mackee... Excellent episode again!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard

Makee, the human Covenant is a hard sell for me, this far I've not liked her acting/role/character. But she's improved a little bit in the last ep.

kai is played by kate kennedy

BruceSkywalker
season finale was ****ing badass and even more badass

-Pr-
I had heard all sorts of things about this show before watching it. I wanted to see for myself, and I genuinely hoped I would enjoy it. But it's just... not very good imo. And that's me being kind. I liked the action scenes, sure (with one obvious exception), and the aesthetic of the world, art design and such, was at least faithful enough that I thought it looked reasonably good.

From a storytelling perspective, though? It's not very good. It's not very good at all. And as an adaptation? It's even worse. And sure, there will always be that chorus of "well you can't have it exactly like the source material". No. Irrelevant. They didn't even try. It absolutely stinks of yet another Hollywood "adaptation" where they just decided to do the bare minimum so they could tell the story they wanted to tell, regardless of whether it would work within that framework or not.

Really disappointed in general, tbh.

BruceSkywalker
watched 1st 2 episodes of season 2

writing improved

been a fan of joseph morgan since the vampire diaries, he'll be klausesque throughout the season

Robtard
First ep of season 2 was good. Second bored me a little bit, but the writing has improved some.

BruceSkywalker
watched 3rd episode

gained some good insight into joseph morgan's character

the episode itself was pretty decent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.