Tales of the Jedi Timeline Inconsistency

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Underachiever59
So, I'm reading Tales of the Jedi for the umpteenth time for research, and was reminded of a detail that just makes no sense to me.

The Beast Wars of Onderon ended in 4,000 BBY with the death of Queen Amanoa. And yet somehow, the Freedon Nadd Uprising ended in 3,998 BBY.

Where did the two years go? The events of The Beast Wars of Onderon (Tales of the Jedi #2) transition directly into The Freedon Nadd Uprising (Tales of the Jedi #6). The Beast Wars ended with the death of Queen Amanoa. The Freedon Nadd uprising begins with her funeral procession. There's no room for a two year time jump, and no reference to a significant gap in time is made in the comics, either. Are we really expected to believe it took Tott Doneeta two years to travel from Onderon to Ossus and back to retrieve Oss Wilum? Or that King Ommin held Arca Jeth captive for two years while Ulic and the rest waited for Republic assistance?

The two year time jump is just a ridiculous retcon in my eyes, that makes absolutely no sense within the narrative.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.