Square Enix Sells Crystal, Eidos and Square Montreal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Along with their IPs including Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, Deus Ex, and Thief to Embracer Group for $300Mill. A surprise but a welcome one. Very welcome one.

https://www.polygon.com/23053137/square-enix-embracer-eidos-crystal-dynamics-tomb-raider

Smasandian
In terms of Tomb Raider and Deus Ex, I think they did a pretty good job with those IPs.

Kazenji
They did **** all with Legacy of Kain

I know that they were working on a new game 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' but then that was cancelled.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Along with their IPs including Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, Deus Ex, and Thief to Embracer Group for $300Mill. A surprise but a welcome one. Very welcome one.

https://www.polygon.com/23053137/square-enix-embracer-eidos-crystal-dynamics-tomb-raider

They own Koch Media? eek!

How's it feel to have your favorite game companies owned next to Fox News? laughing out loud

cdtm
There's that word again: blockchain. You know your company doesn't have any real plan if the next words out of its mouth are vague statements about blockchain, AI, and the Cloud.

Just add in The Environment while you're at it.

-Pr-
Square's western offices have been bollocks for years. I'm not surprised by this at all. I actually think it's a good thing.

ares834
300 million is an absolute steal for this. Apparently this was alrgely due to the Marvel games being massive bombs that cause SE hundreds of millions but even still.

And it really shows how absolutely awful a deal the Bungie sale was.

Nemesis X
To say Avengers was a mistake is an understatement but one I'm happy with if it meant getting out of SE's clutches. Now hanging with other studios like THQ Nordic and Saber Interactive who have a knack for remasters between Destroy All Humans and helping with the Halo Anniversaries, I'm curious what they'll try doing with these IPs like Legacy of Kain.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
They own Koch Media? eek!

How's it feel to have your favorite game companies owned next to Fox News? laughing out loud

They seem to be doing good, Since they also own Deep Silver and that publisher has had some hits under their belt.

Ridley_Prime
Like Ride to Hell Retribution?

Kidding. Yeah, they have Saints Row and plenty other hits under their belt.

Kazenji
I even liked the recent Maneater game from them too.

Khazra Reborn
Good googly moogly PLEASE do something with Legacy of Kain!

Tzeentch
Did the GotG not do well sales wise? It got pretty good reception from what I understand.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Did the GotG not do well sales wise? It got pretty good reception from what I understand.

It was the video game equivalent of Solo: it was never going to succeed because of the shit that preceded it.

It did get very good word out mouth and was pretty well regarded by most who played it. It just had to come after Avengers, which was/is a ****ing disaster.

Smasandian
Which is a shame because it is a pretty good game. I had a ton of fun with it.
But to be fair, it's a perfect Game Pass game.

Done by different folks though..same group that made the Deus Ex games.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.