Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
I thought thee was already a thread.. I there is then please merge. Tomorrow night. I think I have a feeling this show will be good..

playa1258
Well the first episode was very good. Strong characters and some problem solving.

Far better than Discovery.

BruceSkywalker
Pretty good first episode

i already have a crush on the new security chief

Robtard
First ep was good and pays homage to the styles of ST:TOS and TNG.

So much better than Discovery or Picard. Hopefully it doesn't go to shit.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
First ep was good and pays homage to the styles of ST:TOS and TNG.

So much better than Discovery or Picard. Hopefully it doesn't go to shit. The title monologue sent a shiver down my spine.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
The title monologue sent a shiver down my spine.

hearing that made me jump up and down

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hearing that made me jump up and down laughing out loud it made us kids again Bruce.

BruceSkywalker
laughing out loud it made us kids again Bruce.

yup

Darth Thor

Ha! Yeah not seen the episode (out here in late June) but saw the intro. Im stoked.

Robtard

Aye

Old Man Whirly!
E2 Superb

Robtard
Looking forward to watching later tonight.

Old Man Whirly!
Looking forward to watching later tonight. it's a riff on a familiar star trek plot, but done really well. Pike is growing on me, he is the most arrogant Captain I think, or perhaps just the most competent.

playa1258
First two episodes are much better than anything on Wokescovery.

BruceSkywalker
i can honestly say that this show is second only to the next generation for me.. its real good. Although initially did not like Anson Mount's casting

-Pr-
I managed to catch up with this. It's not as bad as Discovery or Picard, but as watchable as it might be, it still suffers from a lot of the same pitfalls. It'll be interesting to see how things change as the season goes on, though.

Robtard
it's a riff on a familiar star trek plot, but done really well. Pike is growing on me, he is the most arrogant Captain I think, or perhaps just the most competent.

Both episodes were not anything unique to ST, but it works.

Pike was the best part of Discovery and he's thus far a good captain.

Old Man Whirly!
Superb again

BruceSkywalker
Tonights eppy was good..

glad they gave number one a nice backstory

enjoy this show

playa1258
Very good episode again. Bruce can have La'an I'll take Chapel haha.

BruceSkywalker
well La'an is hot though big grin

playa1258
She is

BruceSkywalker
pretty good episode tonight..

the only problem had was that they should've showed the gorn

Robtard
I enjoyed it, reminded me of Balance of Terror, one of the best ST:TOS episodes

And I didn't mind that we didn't see the Gorn. If we did, it would have messed with ST:TOS canon.

Old Man Whirly!
I enjoyed it, reminded me of Balance of Terror, one of the best ST:TOS episodes

And I didn't mind that we didn't see the Gorn. If we did, it would have messed with ST:TOS canon. we will see the Gorn and remember Klingons don't talk about STtOS Klingons... Canon intact.

Robtard
The Gorn will definitely be back, just a matter of removing Spock out of the equation, as "Arena" was the first time Spock had seen a Gorn.

Aye, they don't. Though I'd honestly would like it if they used a mixture of the crab-head Klingons and genetically altered human-head Klingons in this.

BruceSkywalker
Last nights episode was fun to watch

it was great seeing that type of episode again

playa1258
It was good to have a comedic type episode to settle down from the one before.

Also Chapel is a bae.

Old Man Whirly!
Greats show, second best star trek show on TV after the Orville shifty

playa1258
Far superior to Kenobi. Better acting, writing, set design/production design and visuals.

BruceSkywalker
i enjoy this show

but last night's eppy coulda been little better

HOWEVER I'LL SHIP CHRISTINA CHONG AND JESS BUSH

Old Man Whirly!
i enjoy this show

but last night's eppy coulda been little better

HOWEVER I'LL SHIP CHRISTINA CHONG AND JESS BUSH thumb up

BruceSkywalker
pretty good tonight..

definitely though Spock wants Nurse Chapel though

I woulda never thought they'd mention/show Sybok though

altoon1.2
Surprised how much T'Pring we are getting but she's hot so I love it. So she does seem as much of a harlot now that we see more of her relationship with Spock. Kinda what those two to make it now though.

Robtard
pretty good tonight..

definitely though Spock wants Nurse Chapel though

I found it to be the worst episode thus far, but it wasn't bad.

I think we all want nurse Chapel, Bruce smile

The Sybok thing was interesting. Maybe they're going to redeem the character, as he was in the worst Star Trek film of them all.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by playa1258
Far superior to Kenobi. Better acting, writing, set design/production design and visuals. Wrong, but O.K.

BruceSkywalker
p have been enjoying this show. tonight's episode was just okay

BruceSkywalker
i liked tonight's episode.. it was good and sad at the same time

HOWEVER.. WHERE ARE YOU MR. SCOTT... SCOTTY...SCOTTY...

Next week is season finale so afterward I'll say what things I liked and tings I disliked..

Nuke Nixon
Ep 9 is basically the movie Aliens.

"Game over man, game over!"

BruceSkywalker
The season finale was real good. Great seeing James Kirk. Not sure when Kirk will take over but I'll assume season 3 or 4..

As a whole I enjoyed this show, of course some episodes wee better than others.. Well my guess is 6 maybe 8 months for season 2.

Robtard
I liked 7 out of 10 episodes. 2 were just meh and 1 was hot stinky garbage.

Really enjoyed the last episode, it was a reworking of the ST:TOS episode Balance of Terror, which is easily in the top 5 best episodes of TOS.

Nuke Nixon
I didn't like the casting for James T. Kirk, nope did not like it one bit.

Darth Thor
I laughed in the finale they wouldnt show Scottys face. Like we see Kirk, Spock and Uhura. But hey dont show Scotty !

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I didn't like the casting for James T. Kirk, nope did not like it one bit.

Yeah Same.

Love or hate the Kelvin timeline, their casting was pretty spot on.

I may be wrong but that could be the first canon reference to Star Trek 5. Otherwise that movie was one of those, lets just move on and never mention again.

But maybe Cobra Kai has taught Hollywood, canon is canon, so just make the most of it.

DanielJohnso
enjoy this show

BruceSkywalker
new season is june 15....

kjWBj9CGgGI

and klingons

Robtard
Good preview, looking forward to it.

cdtm
Nt

BruceSkywalker
another trailer but this time... boimler and becket in live action

ebRgBvuWxPs

Robtard
Looks like the 1st season, which is good.

BruceSkywalker
2 weeks from tomorrow

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BruceSkywalker
pretty good season premiere... LIKED HOW M'Banga and Nurse Chapel kicked ass after taking drugs But I've had a massive hard on for Jess since she was hired. Nice seeing the Klingons but I suspect they'll be around in some form all 10 episodes.

cdtm
LIKED HOW

Stopped reading, now I know this show is utter shite.

Robtard
pretty good season premiere... LIKED HOW M'Banga and Nurse Chapel kicked ass after taking drugs But I've had a massive hard on for Jess since she was hired. Nice seeing the Klingons but I suspect they'll be around in some form all 10 episodes.

Nurse Chapel, mmmmmmm

Will be watching this weekend.

cdtm
Of course you will.

Robtard
Decent first episode. Good seeing Klingons in their best form, the crabheads. The makeup on some was a little wonky thought.

Glad the Gorn are coming back. An underused ST race.

Old Man Whirly!
Decent first episode. Good seeing Klingons in their best form, the crabheads. The makeup on some was a little wonky thought.

Glad the Gorn are coming back. An underused ST race. As long as the Gornal stay looking like a man in Lizard suit I will be happy.

Robtard
Have to watch reruns or build a time machine and travel back to 1967 for that. Gorns are CGI now, or since Star Trek Enterrprise.

BruceSkywalker
i enjoy courtroom dramas.. this episode started out fairly good, yet ended up stupendous

Old Man Whirly!
Have to watch reruns or build a time machine and travel back to 1967 for that. Gorns are CGI now, or since Star Trek Enterrprise. This is wrong!

Robtard
i enjoy courtroom dramas.. this episode started out fairly good, yet ended up stupendous

Was pretty good, despite having zero action. I suspect it will be the only ep like this in season 2.

Robtard
This is wrong!

Everything is CGI!

BruceSkywalker
Was pretty good, despite having zero action. I suspect it will be the only ep like this in season 2.

I AGREE

BruceSkywalker
i normally do not like standalone episodes but this one about La'an was pretty good.

Robtard
Was decent, not great.

But once again cements that Captain Kirk can seduce any women he wants, even lesbians.

BruceSkywalker
episode 4 was just an okay episode

Robtard
4 was a bore-fest, hopefully that's the one bad episode for the season.

BruceSkywalker
Spock's episode coulda been better but the best part was Spock and Christine kissing

Old Man Whirly!
3 episodes in for me, not feeling it right now.

BruceSkywalker
TOIGHT'S EP WAS OKAY

best parts were with kirk and uhura and then end with kirk and spock

Robtard
S2 isn't bad so far, but it also isn't very good, definite step down from S1.

They need to step it up for the next 6 eps. Bring in the Gorn, give me a scifi-horror two ep piece.

BruceSkywalker
crossover with lower decks was f$cking awesome..

jack quaid is the bomb and tawny newsome was amazing in live action..

Robtard
An early release ep?

Will check it out later tonight.

BruceSkywalker
i have liked all but 1 episode this season.. excellent back story for m'benga and nurse chapel

Robtard
I didn't care too much for the Lower Decks crossover ep, not terible, but also not very good.

Last night's ep was good and I really enjoyed the M'benga/Chapel backstory.

cdtm
Most crossovers are mediocre, just look at Spock in TNG. Was disappointing.

I think Bones little cameo with Data beat that entire two part episode.

Robtard
I've also not watched Lower Decks, so I likely missed some context.

Old Man Whirly!
I didn't care too much for the Lower Decks crossover ep, not terible, but also not very good.

Last night's ep was good and I really enjoyed the M'benga/Chapel backstory. Chapel is arguably the most perfect woman in the world right now.

cdtm
I've also not watched Lower Decks, so I likely missed some context.

I mean, the show's like Teen Titans Go, it's built for anyone to come in at any point.

Story lines range from "I hate my mom because she's too hard on me" to "You need to relax", "Working DOES make me relaxed".

BruceSkywalker
Chapel is arguably the most perfect woman in the world right now.

she is all mine lol

Old Man Whirly!
she is all mine lol laughing out loud thumb up

Robtard
Chapel is arguably the most perfect woman in the world right now.

She's a serious hottie.

cdtm
Chapels a hottie. thumb up

No Beverly Crusher, but who is?

Darth Thor

cdtm
This was never the same timeline, the Prime Universe has always only been based on classic Trek with something like 30% differences as mandated by contract.

Robtard

BruceSkywalker
i detest musicals..

yet my feelings for jess and christina even rebecca romijn who i've liked since her SI days can't keep me for liking this episode...

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by cdtm
Chapels a hottie. thumb up

No Beverly Crusher, but who is?

She's a million times better than that Crusher hack, #ChapelGang!

Robtard
Didn't care for the musical episode, ended up fast-forwarding through parts of it.

The issue with making a musical out of a show like this is the talent varies so widely, some are natural singers and can carry a tune, others can't carry a single note.

Nuke Nixon
Didn't care for the musical episode, ended up fast-forwarding through parts of it.

The issue with making a musical out of a show like this is the talent varies so widely, some are natural singers and can carry a tune, others can't carry a single note.

It would have been cool, if Buffy hadn't already done it years ago.

Nice that they're trying different things, like mixing animated shows into the main show, but not everything is going to work.

cdtm

Nice that they're trying different things, like mixing animated shows into the main show, but not everything is going to work.

Good man. thumb up

I was gonna cite Buffy soon as he posted that, but figured Rob wouldn't care about that coming from me.

cdtm
The thing about these "new things" is they're really only rehashing old things. That tells me the people in charge still aren't willing to risk "innovation", but they are also at a loss as what to do so allow them to use things that worked in the past.

This is what happens when accountants and women are in charge, they don't believe in taking risks.

Old Man Whirly!

cdtm
Did you like the show in general?

It's funny looking back on what was considered a feminist show and seeing a birds eye view of a wet Buffy swimming around with a clear view down her shirt.

Old Man Whirly!
Did you like the show in general?

It's funny looking back on what was considered a feminist show and seeing a birds eye view of a wet Buffy swimming around with a clear view down her shirt. I enjoyed seasons 1, 2 and 3. After that it was shit, they should have finished with the mayor (Best TV villain ever?). Was it ever feminist? Buffy and Faith fighting each other in tight leather trousers. I will say this season 1, 2 and 3 Sarah Michelle Gellar was delicious, no doubt! I also always wanted to be a Vampire if I could be any monster, look at those guys 100, 200, 300 etc. always hanging rouond the Bronze, then their was Angel and Spike... How old was Buffy when she first slept with Angel... Oh Joss, what were you thinking. laughing out loud I mean it's a trope, Bella and Edward, Buffy and Angel... etc. Do you remember the episode with the preying Mantis and Xander or the one where it showed Angel watching Buffy from the sewers when she was a Freshman. Funny stuff.

Old Man Whirly!
I forgot the Hyena episode in Season 1... classic!

Robtard
Good man. thumb up

I was gonna cite Buffy soon as he posted that, but figured Rob wouldn't care about that coming from me.

You give yourself too much credit, I don't really care what you think in general. But if you state a fact, then it's a fact.

Robtard

My issue wasn't it not being an original move, I'm okay with copying/borrowing as long as it's done well. As few things are truly original anymore.

It just wasn't very good episode and some of the cast couldn't sing to save their own lives.

Robtard
I enjoyed seasons 1, 2 and 3. After that it was shit, they should have finished with the mayor (Best TV villain ever?). Was it ever feminist? Buffy and Faith fighting each other in tight leather trousers. I will say this season 1, 2 and 3 Sarah Michelle Gellar was delicious, no doubt! I also always wanted to be a Vampire if I could be any monster, look at those guys 100, 200, 300 etc. always hanging rouond the Bronze, then their was Angel and Spike... How old was Buffy when she first slept with Angel... Oh Joss, what were you thinking. laughing out loud I mean it's a trope, Bella and Edward, Buffy and Angel... etc. Do you remember the episode with the preying Mantis and Xander or the one where it showed Angel watching Buffy from the sewers when she was a Freshman. Funny stuff.

I loved Buffy and Angel, but looking back, yeah, some of it was pure cringe in retrospect.

I still maintain that Buffy loved Spike smile

Old Man Whirly!
I loved Buffy and Angel, but looking back, yeah, some of it was pure cringe in retrospect.

I still maintain that Buffy loved Spike smile even though he tried to rape her laughing out loud

Robtard
even though he tried to rape her laughing out loud

Pfft, women, amirite.

Old Man Whirly!
Pfft, women, amirite. who understands their brains, my only trick is to try not to compete with them. There is a French phrase which explains that, but I can't remember it.

Robtard
who understands their brains, my only trick is to try not to compete with them. There is a French phrase which explains that, but I can't remember it. Probably starts with "le"

BruceSkywalker
excellent season finale... i have liked all but 2-3 episodes since the series premiere

Old Man Whirly!
Probably starts with "le" Probably laughing out loud, it translates to women are happiest being looked at or listened to, men are happiest when their woman is happy.

Robtard
Last episode was very good and leaves on a great cliffhanger.

cdtm
Orville ripoff, poor quality ripoff at that.

Robtard
Well no, you've also not watched this show. So there's that.

Nuke Nixon
Orville ripoff, poor quality ripoff at that.

It's on the same quality level as TNG or DS9 you plebian!

cdtm
It's on the same quality level as TNG or DS9 you plebian!

Dude your quick quote is;

I love ya man but can't take advice from the number of the beast. 😅

Nuke Nixon
https://i.giphy.com/media/TJawtKM6OCKkvwCIqX/giphy.webp

BruceSkywalker
i didn't want to create another trek thread.. so i will put this here.. its varieties top 57 episodes and i agree

https://variety.com/lists/best-star-trek-episodes/

Darth Thor
SNW is intended to be a direct prequel to ST:TOS, despite some changes.

Thats what I thought. Which is why changing Khans timeline is confusing. And Cant say it was an alternate timeline because they restored the future with it.

Robtard
i didn't want to create another trek thread.. so i will put this here.. its varieties top 57 episodes and i agree

https://variety.com/lists/best-star-trek-episodes/

Pretty good list, I would have put TOS: Balance of Terror higher up and the number one pick is questionable. But good list.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Thats what I thought. Which is why changing Khans timeline is confusing. And Cant say it was an alternate timeline because they restored the future with it.

The changes could/would still lead to Khan ending up exiled in space. Sleeping, waiting for Kirk's Enterprise to find him.

Old Man Whirly!
All original series episodes.

STNG series 1-3

Everything else

Darth Thor
The changes could/would still lead to Khan ending up exiled in space. Sleeping, waiting for Kirk's Enterprise to find him.

They mention in TOS that he ruled during the late 20th century.

On another note, Paul Wesley has grown on me as Kirk. Fun fact: hes playing a younger Kirk but is quite a few years older than William Shatner was in TOS.

Robtard
Yes, it seemed like a squeeze in change for a silly time-travel arc, but it wouldn't necessarily change his eventual encounter with Kirk in the 23rd century. According to the temporal agent, the time-line was set back to normal in the 23rd century.

I like him too. Didn't know that, thanks.

Darth Thor
^ Oh I get it wont change their eventual encounter. Would just change like 1 line in space seeds about his history. Only point is even that 1 minor change would technically make it a different timeline.

I think they changed it just to move up the timeline because we are way passed that. I remember the Voyager episode when they went back to late 20th century, the execs said they chose just to ignore the whole eugenics war thing which should have been taking place.

Robtard
True enough, like Abrams' changes created a new timeline. But they do what they want. Cannon be damned at times.

Good call.

Speaking of, would made for a great mini-series, the Augments' Eugenics Wars, with Khan at the center.

Darth Thor
^ Difference of course is Abrams timeline change was purposely a different Universe. Whereas this, like you mentioned, is supposed to be the same Universe (subject to some changes in the timeline I guess).

Would only work with a great Khan. (And no, not Benedict Cumberbatch).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.