2003 CW Anakin vs Ventress is now canon again (Spoiler ahead)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior

Underachiever59
Same book also mentions Mace "staring down an overwhelming wave of B2 Super Battle Droids on Dantooine," as well as Ki-Adi Mundi having wounds that were still healing from his recent battle with the newly revealed cyborg general, Grievous.

Brotherhood has a ton of connections to both the 2003 Clone Wars microseries and the Revenge of the Sith novelization by Matthew Stover. It's a really solid book, can't recommend it enough.

Eli Vanto
Didn't realize this was already out. Will check it out asap. thumb up

Zenwolf

Darth Thor
Its just like the Tarkin or LOTS novel makes references to Plagueis but that doesnt make that entire legends novel canon.

The 2003 CW show contradicts the later Clone Wars series in multiple ways. So it cant be properly canonised.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Underachiever59
Same book also mentions Mace "staring down an overwhelming wave of B2 Super Battle Droids on Dantooine," as well as Ki-Adi Mundi having wounds that were still healing from his recent battle with the newly revealed cyborg general, Grievous.

Brotherhood has a ton of connections to both the 2003 Clone Wars microseries and the Revenge of the Sith novelization by Matthew Stover. It's a really solid book, can't recommend it enough. yeah definitely worth a read

Total Warrior

Underachiever59
The author, Mike Chen, has basically said that he sees the 2003 as exaggerated events that may have happened. Basically holonet propaganda. So Anakin still fought Asajj, but "it's raining, they fought, then it was over." Seems like it was way less intense and over-the-top compared to what we saw. Ki-Adi Mundi still fought Grievous, but I doubt Grievous blitzed through half a dozen Jedi in that encounter, or perhaps their injuries were far more substantial before the fight took place. Mace still faced down an overwhelming wave of super battle droids. But perhaps an "overwhelming wave" is like 20-30, not hundreds or thousands.

Seems the narrative events of what happened in the 2003 microseries are still largely considered canon, but the specifics of those events are likely far less over-the-top compared to what we saw on screen, and instead are more in-line with the levels of power that Jedi have been portrayed with in the movies and The Clone Wars.

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

Darth Thor

Tzeentch
Uhhhhh...

https://i.ibb.co/y0FjTvg/Untitled.png

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Damn it would they just do something with Vos already.

But I mean something big. Not just throw him in to a comic post ROTS and have him killed off. heard he is going to feature in the Bad Batch, so maybe in season 2

Underachiever59
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Uhhhhh...

https://i.ibb.co/y0FjTvg/Untitled.png

I'd argue the scene is well-lit for the sake of the audience. In-universe, the lighting would realistically be much darker due to the storm and the time of night. This is very, very common in movies and tv shows, where the audience can see much more than the actual characters in the scene.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Underachiever59
I'd argue the scene is well-lit for the sake of the audience. In-universe, the lighting would realistically be much darker due to the storm and the time of night. This is very, very common in movies and tv shows, where the audience can see much more than the actual characters in the scene.

That still doesn't fly considering there's multiple instances of direct face to face he has with Ventress, including right under the big giant glowing Yavin up on a high position with a lightsaber glowing between them. Another instance when they clashed together in the dark and both blades clearly illuminate their faces. The rain is a non factor considering it didn't rain much at all.

There's no way that Anakin wouldn't recognize her later on. That and just because it's night time, doesn't mean you can't see. It would have to be pitch black, with no stars for visibility for that. But there's clearly light pouring onto Yavin 4.

But maybe Canon has it have a different interpretation of that fight and how it went all down on Yavin.

Underachiever59
Originally posted by Zenwolf
That still doesn't fly considering there's multiple instances of direct face to face he has with Ventress, including right under the big giant glowing Yavin up on a high position with a lightsaber glowing between them. Another instance when they clashed together in the dark and both blades clearly illuminate their faces. The rain is a non factor considering it didn't rain much at all.

There's no way that Anakin wouldn't recognize her later on. That and just because it's night time, doesn't mean you can't see. It would have to be pitch black, with no stars for visibility for that. But there's clearly light pouring onto Yavin 4.

But maybe Canon has it have a different interpretation of that fight and how it went all down on Yavin.

That's kind of exactly what I've been getting at. I think I mentioned before that the 2003 microseries is exaggerated. It's basically holonet propaganda in canon. So the actual events would be a much more tame interpretation of what we saw on screen in the 2003 series. So yeah, a cloudy night with rain (and hence, incredibly poor lighting) would absolutely be enough to obscure Asajj from Anakin.

On top of that, Anakin's fight against Asajj in Brotherhood also took place in the dark. He couldn't see her for most of that duel, so even if he got a good look at her on Yavin IV, he still wouldn't have recognized her on Cato Neimoidia in Brotherhood. The only reason he knew for certain he was fighting Asajj at that point was because he had learned from Obi-Wan that Dooku's agent on Cato Neimoidia was named Asajj Ventress.

ares834

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Total Warrior
heard he is going to feature in the Bad Batch, so maybe in season 2

That would fit Filonis style. Start putting in a bunch of Clone Wars
Characters into his new show.

But tbh Bad Batch could use something like that to get me more interested. Plus Vos would probably fit in with them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.