Superman vs. Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry and Count Nefaria

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/4YFLNXg/279420271-5041882505859285-4320573452497938321-n.jpg

JBL
Any one of them would beat superman into a coma. Supermans best bet would be to fly away as fast as he could which would give him about 1 second to live before Gladiator catch him and break his neck. Then they all fight each other for a real challenge.

Endless Mike
I feel that the answer likely lies somewhere between the OP's picture and JBL's post.

JBL
Now I know what's going to happen. Certain people will claim that superman wins, certain ones will say.. oh, superman can beat any one of them but he loses to them all together. Interesting to see how long this stays open though. Oh, and some will claim he blitz them for the win.

abhilegend
He blitzes all of them for the win.

Philosophía
Superman rips them in half at half power one after the other.

Stilt's pic is lowballing, they wouldn't be able to tear at his cape.

MrMind
Supes

JBL
I am so sorry, I forgot that this is KMC version of Superman. Superman Stomps this team with ease. Spite.

Classic NES
All at once and unamped? I give it to the team.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Classic NES
All at once and unamped? I give it to the team.
Why? He's stronger than all of them put together.

Classic NES
Originally posted by abhilegend
Why? He's stronger than all of them put together.

Even at standard level?

abhilegend
Even at standard level?
Yes. DC top tiers have star level and even higher strength feats regularly nowadays. Not just Superman.

Classic NES
Yes. DC top tiers have star level and even higher strength feats regularly nowadays. Not just Superman.

Damn, I did not know that. Like I recall superman doing outrageous things like moving the wheels if Mageddon while bathing in Anti-Sun. But, I honestly thought marvel was close.

JBL
Even at standard level? Ignore him. He's a lying troll that will say superman would beat Classic beyonder, Galactus at full power, Thanos with every gem, rune king Thor and the Phoenix 5 all at the same time.

Classic NES
Originally posted by JBL
Ignore him. He's a lying troll that will say superman would beat Classic beyonder, Galactus at full power, Thanos with every gem, rune king Thor and the Phoenix 5 all at the same time.

laughing

But, on-topic, I think I might revive my old strength thread to discuss this.

abhilegend
Damn, I did not know that. Like I recall superman doing outrageous things like moving the wheels if Mageddon while bathing in Anti-Sun. But, I honestly thought marvel was close.
In just last five years

Orion destroyed a solar system fighting a golem which shook the entire multiverse waking up
Superman/Zod/Rogol Zaar shake entire phantom zone fighting
Superman fights equally with Molly the keeper who was moving entire solar system to the end of the time and space
Superman shattered chains able to haul stars across the galaxies
Superman powered up Earth's sun after it was extinguished
Superman overpowered a living sun
Hal killed a sun eater in one blast
Hal AFTER killing the sun eater created another sun with two other Lanterns
Kyle created a fully fledged sun to kill vampires
Wonder Woman moved Earth's sun
Supergirl is stated to be able to move stars, tanks attacks that could shatter galaxies before going down

This is just off my head

JBL
Why? He's stronger than all of them put together. And you wonder why this place is the laughing stock of Comic book sites? It's crap like this that's allowed. Superman Definitely is not stronger than than Gladiator, Sentry or Hyperion by themselves. This thread should have been closed for spite against Superman without one single post being written.

Classic NES
Originally posted by JBL
And you wonder why this place is the laughing stock of Comic book sites? It's crap like this that's allowed. Superman Definitely is not stronger than than Gladiator, Sentry or Hyperion by themselves. This thread should have been closed for spite against Superman without one single post being written.

Come share your thoughts on my bumped thread please. You too abhi.

carver9
Any one of them solos tbh. Especially Sentry

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Any one of them solos tbh. Especially Sentry
laughing out loud

Shut up troll

deft
Spite thread, either of the Marvel characters wins easily.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/4YFLNXg/279420271-5041882505859285-4320573452497938321-n.jpg Best picture ever and it's Canon!

playa1258
Laughing stock of comic sites? Lmao herochat and CBR battle for that title.

tkitna
Lol. Team destroys him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Lol. Team destroys him.
Nope

JBL
Originally posted by playa1258
Laughing stock of comic sites? Lmao herochat and CBR battle for that title. This thread is undeniable proof that KMC has become a laughing stock. Look at the responses from known superman fans, reinforced by the fact that it's still open and not closed for spite against superman. This thread would have been closed and warnings given out on any other Comic book site. Some of these Characters would beat superman to death by themselves, together they would tear superman to shreads with no trouble whatever.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
This thread is undeniable proof that KMC has become a laughing stock. Look at the responses from known superman fans, reinforced by the fact that it's still open and not closed for spite against superman. This thread would have been closed and warnings given out on any other Comic book site. Some of these Characters would beat superman to death by themselves, together they would tear superman to shreads with no trouble whatever.

What proof have you seen has convinced you to debunk the Mageddon feat?

JBL
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What proof have you seen has convinced you to debunk the Mageddon feat? This is the last time I will tell you. Go do research for yourself. Now go ask people why this spite thread against superman is still open.

DarkSaint85
No, you see, my request isn't about that.

My request is asking you, what proof convinced YOU. Which piece was the smoking gun, as it were.

If you don't have one, it's ok. You can just admit it. Making claims without proof and using bias is against forum rules, after all - and if you can't back it up, yet you're still on the site, it shows well.....not everything that goes against the rules is banned.

JBL
No, you see, my request isn't about that.

My request is asking you, what proof convinced YOU. Which piece was the smoking gun, as it were.

If you don't have one, it's ok. You can just admit it. Making claims without proof and using bias is against forum rules, after all - and if you can't back it up, yet you're still on the site, it shows well.....not everything that goes against the rules is banned. It's called research. Try it. Will not respond again.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
It's called research. Try it. Will not respond again.

Again, your comprehension is failing.

I'm not generically asking for proof. I am asking for YOUR opinion - which piece, IYO, is compelling enough to debunk the feat.

I AM researching it - by asking you, because you are the only one who can answer it. See how my question is worded? I am specifically asking you for your viewpoint, for your opinion smile

But again, if you have none, and it's merely your own bias ....well, that's against forum rules, after all. Warnings should be given out etc etc, as you say.

JBL
Again, your comprehension is failing.

I'm not generically asking for proof. I am asking for YOUR opinion - which piece, IYO, is compelling enough to debunk the feat.

I AM researching it - by asking you, because you are the only one who can answer it. See how my question is worded? I am specifically asking you for your viewpoint, for your opinion smile

But again, if you have none, and it's merely your own bias ....well, that's against forum rules, after all. Warnings should be given out etc etc, as you say. When the claim was made about the feat, did you question superman fans? NO. When I read the claim, I took it upon MYSELF to RESEARCH it for myself. Just like I found out the claim was false, I instructed you to do the same. Now of course you are not going to question superman fans for making the claim because you don't want to offend them. I didn't debunk the feat, others did. You have the means to look it up for yourself same as I did. In other words, the proof you want is all over the internet, go find it for yourself. See how I worded that? Or is your comprehension lacking?

qwertyuiop1998
Then post the proofs you found on the internet that convinced you. After all, like you said, it is all over the internet

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
When the claim was made about the feat, did you question superman fans? NO. When I read the claim, I took it upon MYSELF to RESEARCH it for myself. Just like I found out the claim was false, I instructed you to do the same. Now of course you are not going to question superman fans for making the claim because you don't want to offend them. I didn't debunk the feat, others did. You have the means to look it up for yourself same as I did. In other words, the proof you want is all over the internet, go find it for yourself. See how I worded that? Or is your comprehension lacking?

Again.

I am not asking for the 'generic' proof.

I am asking for the proof that convinced you. Which bit of it? Which specific sentence did you read that made you sit back and say ahhhh, yes, that is debunked? Do you understand? I am asking for a specific piece, that only you can provide, because only you know which piece is convincing.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
This thread is undeniable proof that KMC has become a laughing stock. Look at the responses from known superman fans, reinforced by the fact that it's still open and not closed for spite against superman. This thread would have been closed and warnings given out on any other Comic book site. Some of these Characters would beat superman to death by themselves, together they would tear superman to shreads with no trouble whatever.

People like you are why it's still open.

Stoic

Endless Mike

NemeBro
Originally posted by JBL
It's called research. Try it. Will not respond again.

mmm

Originally posted by JBL
When the claim was made about the feat, did you question superman fans? NO. When I read the claim, I took it upon MYSELF to RESEARCH it for myself. Just like I found out the claim was false, I instructed you to do the same. Now of course you are not going to question superman fans for making the claim because you don't want to offend them. I didn't debunk the feat, others did. You have the means to look it up for yourself same as I did. In other words, the proof you want is all over the internet, go find it for yourself. See how I worded that? Or is your comprehension lacking?

mhmm

Originally posted by JBL
Will not respond again.

mmm

NemeBro
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Didn't he hold two universes apart or something? (I never read that comic though). Two Earths, specifically, because when they touch the universes collapse. Still probably his best feat, but Hickman Hype is pretty firmly planetary, as seen when he managed to stop another planet in motion, but not easily. Universal strength is wank.

Stoic

carver9
He did hold 2 Universes apart.

Bentley
Add Thing to team two, he's more relevant to the fight than Count Nefaria

Stoic

Endless Mike
Well if it was only 2 planets then I would agree that Superman is stronger.

Astner
Originally posted by carver9
He did hold 2 Universes apart.
It's a bit of an iffy feat because the Incursions relied on the collision of two Alternate Earths, if one of the Earths were destroyed before the collision then both universes would survive.

https://i.imgur.com/Pk3GJbUm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/hQe7HHcm.jpg

- New Avengers (2013) #2

And technically Hyperion only held the "worlds apart." Given the circumstances, you could interpret this to mean either the planets or the universes.

https://i.imgur.com/1bvKeNdm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/yqvKUmmm.jpg

- Avengers (2013) #4

That said, he did survive the Incursion, so it's a good durability feat if nothing else.

Stoic
Originally posted by Astner
It's a bit of an iffy feat because the Incursions relied on the collision of two Alternate Earths, if one of the Earths were destroyed before the collision then both universes would survive.

- New Avengers (2013) #2

And technically Hyperion only held the "worlds apart." Given the circumstances, you could interpret this to mean either the planets or the universes.

- Avengers (2013) #4

That said, he did survive the Incursion, so it's a good durability feat if nothing else.

thumb up

Astner
Correction. Maybe he didn't survive? I forgot about this, but it was mentioned that he was "ressurected," but it's only mentioned in passing.

https://i.imgur.com/CHADmh0m.jpg

- Avengers (2013) #4

JBL
It was briefly, but Hyperion did hold two universes apart. That places him FAR above superman. Sentry as everyone should know is FAR above superman. Gladiator being stronger than Hulk and Hyperion COMBINED is FAR above superman. Count nefaria beat a team superior to the one that beat Superman into unconsciousness. He is FAR above superman who is nowhere near as strong as characters like CM and WW combined. This is a massacre.

Stoic

JBL
Wow. Gladiator is stronger, faster and a far better fighter than superman. Sentry beat molecule man, someone who would destroy superman times 50. Gladiator stalemated Supreme, someone who would murder superman as image pretty much stated. Again, Count nefaria beat a team superior to the team that beat the tar out of superman. Hyperion did hold two universes apart.

Stoic

Stoic
I could not edit, but I mentioned that Superman was not able to do more than stalemate Omni Man. It was supposed read Supreme. Not Superman.

Endless Mike

Sin I AM
https://i.ibb.co/4YFLNXg/279420271-5041882505859285-4320573452497938321-n.jpg

I know it's fan art but it's pretty good pic except sentry, looks oop

carver9

- New Avengers (2013) #2

- Avengers (2013) #4

Why did the Earth's crumble?

Stoic

Stoic

JBL
Here we go again. Gladiator tears black holes apart with his bare hands, Collapse entire stars. Superman when it comes to black holes could not even contain a MINI black hole and need help. Superman not holding back could not even get Black Adam out the city. Gladiator removed Supreme off the planet. Gladiator contained a explosion that would have annihilated half the solar system, again superman could not contain that weak mini black hole. Speed?? What's supermans fastest recorded speed? How about light needing hours to catch up with him? Well Gladiator covered LIGHTYEARS in minutes. Durability? Let's not even get into the explosions that have knocked Superman out or he had to be saved. Strength? Ha. Easy one. When it comes to talking about their strength ON PANEL, SUPERMAN IS EVEN WITH CAPTAIN MARVEL, Black Adam, and a little above WW. Gladiator is stronger than Hulk and Hyperion COMBINED. End. Spite thread. Now for anyone that respond. I don't want to see who beat who in a comic book. Because I can revert to Spider-Man beating Firelord. I want to see people talking about the character speed. Or talking about their strength. I don't want to see feats that are exaggerated because I will let you know about it.

Stoic
Originally posted by JBL
Here we go again. Gladiator tears black holes apart with his bare hands, Collapse entire stars. Superman when it comes to black holes could not even contain a MINI black hole and need help. Superman not holding back could not even get Black Adam out the city. Gladiator removed Supreme off the planet. Gladiator contained a explosion that would have annihilated half the solar system, again superman could not contain that weak mini black hole. Speed?? What's supermans fastest recorded speed? How about light needing hours to catch up with him? Well Gladiator covered LIGHTYEARS in minutes. Durability? Let's not even get into the explosions that have knocked Superman out or he had to be saved. Strength? Ha. Easy one. When it comes to talking about their strength ON PANEL, SUPERMAN IS EVEN WITH CAPTAIN MARVEL, Black Adam, and a little above WW. Gladiator is stronger than Hulk and Hyperion COMBINED. End. Spite thread. Now for anyone that respond. I don't want to see who beat who in a comic book. Because I can revert to Spider-Man beating Firelord. I want to see people talking about the character speed. Or talking about their strength. I don't want to see feats that are exaggerated because I will let you know about it.

Then why does he continue to get his ass beaten?

JBL
Because that's what the writers want to happen in a Comic book. This is not a comic book. This is a battle board site.

Stoic

JBL
Here we go again. I don't care who was ALLOWED to win in a PREDETERMINED comic book fight. If we go that route, then there is no need for any battle board to exist. On a battle board there is no predetermined outcome. You have to go by these things that are documented.
1. Strength.
2. Speed.
3. Fighting ability
4. Combat speed.
5. Blitz speed.
Gladiator when all of those things are put into play outclass Superman. Feel free to Challenge me in any or all those categories.

-Pr-
A not-depowered Superman is better than Gladiator in pretty much every department... except maybe cool mohawks. That's one Gladiator has definitely.

Stoic

JBL
Originally posted by -Pr-
A not-depowered Superman is better than Gladiator in pretty much every department... except maybe cool mohawks. That's one Gladiator has definitely. Then Accept my Challenge and we shall see. I'll start off easy. Gladiator biltzed something at near light speed from a standstill. When has Superman ever did this from a standstill? I'll wait.

JBL
Lol. Superman is not stronger than Hulk and Hyperion COMBINED. That's a FACT.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
Then Accept my Challenge and we shall see. I'll start off easy. Gladiator biltzed something at near light speed from a standstill. When has Superman ever did this from a standstill? I'll wait.

This thread isn't Superman v Gladiator. If you want to post in one of those, we can.

Also, really bad form not posting the actual feat you're talking about. How am I supposed to measure a feat against it when you're being so vague?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by JBL
Here we go again. Gladiator tears black holes apart with his bare hands

Considering that

A. This was only a claim made by his son and we never saw it on-panel

B. Such a thing is physically impossible and would require some kind of reality warping

I am inclined to think that this is hyperbole/not a valid feat (at least not without more evidence).

If you're referring to the incident I think you are, then that was a long, long time ago, and he has gotten much stronger since then.

Again, I wouldn't call it 'weak', considering that a singularity with the mass of the Earth would be less than 1 cm in diameter.

I actually calced one of Gladiator's feats at much faster than that, trillions of times lightspeed, although I'm sure Superman probably has something comparable in current continuity.

Stoic

-Pr-
It doesn't help that DC in the last few years has largely abandoned any pretense of Superman being the herald with some high feats he used to be. They nerf him a bit when they need it, but his feats have pulled him to the point of ridiculousness by this point.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Then Accept my Challenge and we shall see. I'll start off easy. Gladiator biltzed something at near light speed from a standstill. When has Superman ever did this from a standstill? I'll wait.

That's from a non canon comic lol. But sure, Superman blitzed Diana and took her to the sun in less than two minute. That's around 4 times FTL.

Endless Mike
That's from a non canon comic lol. But sure, Superman blitzed Diana and took her to the sun in less than two minute. That's around 4 times FTL.

Actually it was to the sun and back, so more like 8 times.

qwertyuiop1998
Didn't Superman also blitz an extra saturated lightspeed ship,dismantling every engine on that ship in JLA?

abhilegend
Yes

carver9
No

DarkSaint85
Yes evil face

h1a8
If it takes 0.5 seconds to throw a punch (it takes less time than this) then a nanosecond to Gladiator is like 2 seconds.

Now
A femptosecond to a nanosecond (teams best reaction and perception times) is like a second compared to 11.57 days.
If Superman operates at that level then he would metroman the team from the beginning.

tkitna
Its the writers easy out to allow the story to continue otherwise the Sentry would just end the threats in a matter of a few panels. Its lazy but what else can they do?

Stoic

StiltmanFTW
^

Which one?

Hickperion, Mephiperion or Heroes Reborn?

stick out tongue

MrMind
does it really matter? they all get one shotted by superman

StiltmanFTW
He certainly one-shots Wildstorm universe.

Robtard
Gut instincts tell me that any high feat that matters in a fight for the team, Superman has a higher feat of the same type.

He's a ridiculously overpowered character and has been around since 1938 and that's a lot of writers doing their own thing.

StiltmanFTW
That's true.

I believe he would get gangraped here, though. Hard. And he would be screaming Pr's name during his ordeal.

RAOUUUUL

MrMind
He certainly one-shots Wildstorm universe.

He wouldn't even get past Apollo

Different levels son

Robtard
Apollo's like Superman, just a bit weaker, limited energy reserves and likes dick.

Superman 9/10

MrMind
Superman 9/10 against the weak marvel pussies

1/10 against the wildstorm gay chad

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
He wouldn't even get past Apollo

Different levels daddy

Fixed.

You got my nipples hard in a single post.

You know what to do now. Make an Apollo vs. Supes thread.

Do it love

JBL
Well people, I just showed this thread to two if my DC writer friends. They both shook their heads and questioned why am I still even arguing with people on here. I asked them who would win. One simply said... If that fight actually took place, I would have to find a way to bring Superman back from the dead. Don't give a rats rear if people don't believe me.

Robtard
I showed it to three of my DC writer friends and 4 of my Marvel writer friends and 3 > 2, 4 > 2.

Stoic

JBL
Originally posted by Robtard
I showed it to three of my DC writer friends and 4 of my Marvel writer friends and 3 > 2, 4 > 2. Yeah, all of a sudden you have DC writer friends. Try again.

Robtard
Originally posted by JBL
Yeah, all of a sudden you have DC writer friends. Try again.

I showed the same amount of proof confused

JBL
Originally posted by Robtard
I showed the same amount of proof confused You showed something all right.

Stoic

Robtard
Originally posted by JBL
You showed something all right.

Is that sexual? Are you hitting on me again? confused

Also, Captain James T. Kirk would whoop John Layfield's ass in a fight, be it a desert planet, steel cage or a wrestling ring, then seduce his wife Meredith with a single look thumb up

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
Well people, I just showed this thread to two if my DC writer friends. They both shook their heads and questioned why am I still even arguing with people on here. I asked them who would win. One simply said... If that fight actually took place, I would have to find a way to bring Superman back from the dead. Don't give a rats rear if people don't believe me.

That you painted that as some kind of positive or boost to your argument just shows how little you've been paying attention to DC.

And no, it's obvious that you care very much.

Stoic

Old Man Whirly!
JBL is a good troll, but he has to work for his feeding frenzy with quote long posts.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
JBL is a good troll, but he has to work for his feeding frenzy with quote long posts.

Even you were less transparent, to be fair.

Endless Mike
Care to name these "DC writer friends"?

tkitna
What proof are you using? I dont remember him running away frpm characters like Genis, Owen, The Collective, or Blue Marvel. He didnt run when he was taking out Knulls Celestials, or Thor.

Honestly, he usually runs away from himself or characters so far below him its laughable like Hammond Human Torch.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by -Pr-
Even you were less transparent, to be fair. No doubt, I still think whilst not as good as Rob at hooking individuals, I could whip up the best frenzy with the least effort. I can actually find the most annoying words and position in real life too. It's a gift, I am like Iain Banks Affronter aliens incarnate

Endless Mike
No doubt, I still think whilst not as good as Rob at hooking individuals, I could whip up the best frenzy with the least effort. I can actually find the most annoying words and position in real life too. It's a gift, I am like Iain Banks Affronter aliens incarnate

Nice reference. cool

Robtard
No doubt, I still think whilst not as good as Rob at hooking individuals, I could whip up the best frenzy with the least effort. I can actually find the most annoying words and position in real life too. It's a gift, I am like Iain Banks Affronter aliens incarnate

Moi?

h1a8
That's true.

I believe he would get gangraped here, though. Hard. And he would be screaming Pr's name during his ordeal.

RAOUUUUL

Originally posted by h1a8
If it takes 0.5 seconds to throw a punch (it takes less time than this) then a nanosecond to Gladiator is like 2 seconds.

Now
A femptosecond to a nanosecond (teams best reaction and perception times) is like a second compared to 11.57 days.
If Superman operates at that level then he would metroman the team from the beginning.

Astner
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the time Gladiator crossed "galaxies" in the time it took Heimdall to blink.

https://i.imgur.com/6TiNplOm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/dmfMgZim.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/FKEcuzWm.jpg

- Mighty Thor (2016) #15

Because not only is it a speed feat beyond any of Superman's (as far as I'm aware), but it's also one of the few instances of reactionary and weaponized speed.

Classic NES
I'm honestly not convinced clark can beat a team consisting of Sentry and Gladiator together. Nefaria and Hyperion sure, Sentry with Nefaria and Hyperion then it's closer but Superman would take a majority with difficulty. Gladiator with Nefaria and Hyperion is closer still, might give an edge to the team. But, Bob and Glads in a team is just too much.

StiltmanFTW
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the time Gladiator crossed "galaxies" in the time it took Heimdall to blink.

Because it's been reposted to death.

But yeah, it's one of his best speed feats. Even though his follow-up performance left much to be desired.

Astner
I'm honestly not convinced clark can beat a team consisting of Sentry and Gladiator together. Nefaria and Hyperion sure, Sentry with Nefaria and Hyperion then it's closer but Superman would take a majority with difficulty. Gladiator with Nefaria and Hyperion is closer still, might give an edge to the team. But, Bob and Glads in a team is just too much.
Nefaria is the weakest link, but Gladiator and Hyperion are by themselves a match for Superman, and the Sentry is just flat out more powerful by virtue of versatily.

What I want to know is whether or not Superman could survive the Absorbing Man treatment.

https://i.imgur.com/VdHfYIem.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/5cEjpe4m.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/dBkafuim.jpg

- Civil War: The Return

The reason I'm interested in seeing this is because normally Superman is empowered by sunlight. But at the same time Superman had to escape an explosion that was "fifty times the size of Kepler's supernova," which "would've incinerated Clark as soon as it touched him."

https://i.imgur.com/jfRl6FLm.jpg

- Action Comics #847

qwertyuiop1998

Because not only is it a speed feat beyond any of Superman's (as far as I'm aware)

Originally posted by Galan007
Superman scans the planet, flies to New Krypton with Kara, and Zod mentions the Kryptonian ability to read others'... minds and/or emotions?:
https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/45450727_Superman_017-005.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/45450731_Superman_017-006.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/45450736_Superman_017-007.jpg
https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/45450740_Superman_017-014.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/45450743_Superman_017-015.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/45450748_Superman_017-016.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/45450753_Superman_017-017.jpg
The implications of this are asinine.

The Guardians have divided the universe into 3600 equal sectors of space. The observable universe(that we, in the real world, know of) has a radius of ~46 billion light years. That means each GL sector would be nearly 13 million light years in diameter(as a conservative estimate.)

...And Superman/Kara crossed 3 sectors in the span of a single panel. none
Actually it's not even a cone.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/d/d1/Space_Sectors_01.jpg

So you have to cross the width of an entire sector to go to another sector.

Endless Mike
Scaling the space sectors is difficult as they get narrower as you get closer to the center of the universe, which is Oa. So if you're right next to Oa the distance between several sectors might be pretty short, but the farther away you get, the greater the distance is.

qwertyuiop1998
Scaling the space sectors is difficult as they get narrower as you get closer to the center of the universe, which is Oa. So if you're right next to Oa the distance between several sectors might be pretty short, but the farther away you get, the greater the distance is.

Well, don't know if this information helps

The New Krypton( Rebirth version) was located in Jakuul, sector 2811. The Earth's sector is 2814
https://imgur.com/a/iYUfbcH
https://imgur.com/a/My04u50

Edit:
And OA is located in sector 0

abhilegend

https://i.imgur.com/6TiNplOm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/dmfMgZim.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/FKEcuzWm.jpg

- Mighty Thor (2016) #15

Because not only is it a speed feat beyond any of Superman's (as far as I'm aware), but it's also one of the few instances of reactionary and weaponized speed.
That's not even top 5 speed feats from Superman.

abhilegend
Nefaria is the weakest link, but Gladiator and Hyperion are by themselves a match for Superman, and the Sentry is just flat out more powerful by virtue of versatily.

What I want to know is whether or not Superman could survive the Absorbing Man treatment.

https://i.imgur.com/VdHfYIem.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/5cEjpe4m.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/dBkafuim.jpg

- Civil War: The Return

The reason I'm interested in seeing this is because normally Superman is empowered by sunlight. But at the same time Superman had to escape an explosion that was "fifty times the size of Kepler's supernova," which "would've incinerated Clark as soon as it touched him."

https://i.imgur.com/jfRl6FLm.jpg

- Action Comics #847
Or Superman overpowers Sentry just like human torch did.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/4fc4607a179fe14bd1ac7e3876ca2c02/tumblr_n9imjr6TR31rvm5qqo3_540.jpg

qwertyuiop1998
Also, don't know if this is allowed? I interpret Astner's post meant post-crisis and forward. But if we go by recent pre-crisis feats are also available due to Death Metal restored all histories

Then Superman and Vartox cross millions of lightyears and reassemble the planet Valeron and carry it back to the Earth before the Earth explodes due to chain reaction in Action Comics 499

https://ibb.co/NskcmmW
https://ibb.co/3M24c4r

The planetary chain reaction/explosion also happens very fast

https://ibb.co/k5SXZKH

Endless Mike
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Well, don't know if this information helps

The New Krypton( Rebirth version) was located in Jakuul, sector 2811. The Earth's sector is 2814
https://imgur.com/a/iYUfbcH
https://imgur.com/a/My04u50

Edit:
And OA is located in sector 0

Again we can't really tell unless we know how far away both of them are from Oa, and what order the sectors are arranged in.

qwertyuiop1998
Again we can't really tell unless we know how far away both of them are from Oa, and what order the sectors are arranged in.
Fair enough.

If you don't mind, I posted another feat( which I think it is a more quantifiable one compared to my previous post). How do you think it compare to Gladiator's one?

h1a8

- Mighty Thor (2016) #15

Because not only is it a speed feat beyond any of Superman's (as far as I'm aware), but it's also one of the few instances of reactionary and weaponized speed. Top speed is not relevant in a fight. For example, it could take one 10 seconds to reach the level of speed Gladiator did. It's all about speed within the first second after starting from rest.
How is it reactionary? Gladiator slowed down and was traveling far slower than light speed when he struck Heimdall. Heimdall is no speedster and he still saw Gladiator coming (he said, "No"

Astner

We have no clue how the sectors are numbered. But we know that the Vega System is located in Sector 2,828. But the Vega System is in the Milky Way Galaxy, and about 25 light-years from the Earth.

https://i.imgur.com/hftMat5m.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/slkqLlXm.jpg

- Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps Secret Files

So if we apply Galan's reasoning here then by moving 25 light years you'd be crossing 14 Sectors.

This is why I'm not a fan of cross-referencing.

In case of Gladiator socking Heimdall we have a distance and a time frame: "had to cross galaxies in the blink of a god's eye." We don't have to try to figure out the distance between Chandilar and Asgard, or how long it takes Heimdall to blink.

We can make conservative estimates of the infromation immediately presented to us, and conclude that it's an impressive feat.

Endless Mike
Wasn't there some confusion once about the word 'Vega' in DC also referring to someplace in another galaxy, as well as the RL star that is much closer?

abhilegend
We have no clue how the sectors are numbered. But we know that the Vega System is located in Sector 2,828. But the Vega System is in the Milky Way Galaxy, and about 25 light-years from the Earth.

So if we apply Galan's reasoning here then by moving 25 light years you'd be crossing 14 Sectors.

In case of Gladiator socking Heimdall we have a distance and a time frame: "had to cross galaxies in the blink of a god's eye." We don't have to try to figure out the distance between Chandilar and Asgard, or how long it takes Heimdall to blink.

We can make conservative estimates of the infromation immediately presented to us, and conclude that it's an impressive feat.
Vega system isn't actually the Vega star which you're referencing.

Anyway, even new 52 Superman crossed entire universe within 60 days.

https://qphs.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-40a14d399c176d73dbd1061bff43c847-lq

Magnitudes faster than the feat and its not even his best feat.

JBL

We can make conservative estimates of the infromation immediately presented to us, and conclude that it's an impressive feat. True. The only time we got numbers from Superman's speed if that it would take light hours to catch up with him, and he was amped from Sun dipping then. And it was even stated in the book that that's the fastest he has ever flown. So all that guessing about how fast he has flown can be thrown out the windows we have already seen actual numbers and it's far far slower than gladiators.

abhilegend
Wasn't there some confusion once about the word 'Vega' in DC also referring to someplace in another galaxy, as well as the RL star that is much closer?
Vega is a different system as shown in Omega Men but it has been confused with the real star as well.

Astner
Vega system isn't actually the Vega star which you're referencing.
I think what you're attempting to say here is that the Vega System isn't orbiting Vega? What are you basing this off?

It's certainly the base of operations for the Omega Men.

https://i.imgur.com/TPZUenIm.jpg

- The DC Book: A Vast and Vibrant Multiverse Simply Explained p. 193

And there are no mentions of any other Vega Systems in this hand book. That said, we know for a fact that the Vega System of the Omega Men orbits Vega.

https://i.imgur.com/IwlZdcXm.jpg

- Omega Men (1983) #33

In fact it even points out that it's 26 light-years from Earth.

https://i.imgur.com/vaqZM7p.jpg

Anyway, even new 52 Superman crossed entire universe within 60 days.
It doesn't say that though, now does it?

Magnitudes faster than the feat and its not even his best feat.
You mentioned at least five feats, and I've yet to see one that could be considered as impressive with conservative estimates.

And I'd be appreciative if you could source these feats as well.

Vega is a different system as shown in Omega Men but it has been confused with the real star as well.
It's the same Vega, see the scan above.

qwertyuiop1998

Technically, Superman flied from the other side of the universe/the end of the universe to Earth

https://ibb.co/WBmRMny
https://ibb.co/q15XKQN

https://i.ibb.co/FKCv07x/2.jpg

abhilegend
I think what you're attempting to say here is that the Vega System isn't orbiting Vega? What are you basing this off?

That's the correct info.

This is incorrect info, it's literally five continuity reboots ago lol.

It does.

https://imgur.io/a/dL6AE

Recreating the moon at superspeed
Flying across the universe with a kid in three/four days
Flying across the universe chasing Synmar in moments
Almost breaking the time space barrier against Leviathan teleportation
Flying to Mogo at the center of the universe from Earth in transluminal pathway in moments

No, it's not. Let me share the scans in some time.

abhilegend
Technically, Superman flied from the other side of the universe/the end of the universe to Earth

https://ibb.co/WBmRMny
https://ibb.co/q15XKQN

https://i.ibb.co/FKCv07x/2.jpg
He also flew across the universe within days in Up in the sky.

https://i.postimg.cc/K11DrhVj/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/G8CPC8pT/image.jpg

JBL
Abhil, I know you are not bringing up Vega.

abhilegend

And there are no mentions of any other Vega Systems in this hand book. That said, we know for a fact that the Vega System of the Omega Men orbits Vega.

https://i.imgur.com/IwlZdcXm.jpg

- Omega Men (1983) #33

In fact it even points out that it's 26 light-years from Earth.

https://i.imgur.com/vaqZM7p.jpg

You mentioned at least five feats, and I've yet to see one that could be considered as impressive with conservative estimates.

And I'd be appreciative if you could source these feats as well.

It's the same Vega, see the scan above.
Tamaran which is in Vega system is galaxies away as seen in New Teen Titans 24.

https://i.postimg.cc/TyfkG41c/image.jpg

Astner
That's the correct info.
So the Vega System, which in the very same source is referred to as the Vega Star System, has nothing to do with the Vega Star because...?

https://i.imgur.com/uLfRrDt.jpg

- The DC Book: A Vast and Vibrant Multiverse Simply Explained p. 175

It does.

https://imgur.io/a/dL6AE
It doesn't. Certainly not the way you phrased it. But I guess you can interpret "he's on the other side of the universe," to mean that. But you could just as well argue that it's figurative.

Recreating the moon at superspeed
Flying across the universe with a kid in three/four days
Flying across the universe chasing Synmar in moments
Almost breaking the time space barrier against Leviathan teleportation
Flying to Mogo at the center of the universe from Earth in transluminal pathway in moments
I'm not convined they are more impressive. Keep in mind that we're looking for conservative interpretations, not arbitrary ones.

For all we know Gladiator could've crossed a trillion galaxies. But we're still going to interpret it to be around two, because it doesn't have to mean anything more than that. And the thing about this feat is that you can't reduce it to anything less. Because it's explained that Heimdall can spot a maggot from a thousand worlds away. That's why the feat is so impressive.

abhilegend
So the Vega System, which in the very same source is referred to as the Vega Star System, has nothing to do with the Vega Star because...?

https://i.imgur.com/uLfRrDt.jpg

- The DC Book: A Vast and Vibrant Multiverse Simply Explained p. 175

Because its retconned to be a different part of the universe?

Even the writer confirmed it lol.

Moving across the universe in days is literally magnitudes above what Gladiator did. Universe has two trillion galaxies.

Why would he cross trillion of galaxies when Shiar Empire is in a very close to the milky way galaxy.

https://i.postimg.cc/7L8KB78v/image.jpg

Astner
Tamaran which is in Vega system is galaxies away as seen in New Teen Titans 24.

https://i.postimg.cc/TyfkG41c/image.jpg
That comic is even older than the comic I cited, and you dismissed for being outdated.

Also, just because "galaxies are mere blurs" as they travel there doesn't necessarily mean that they cross galaxies.

Also in the same series, Tamaran's Vega is the visible from Earth with the naked eye, which would not be possible if it was part of another galaxy.

https://i.imgur.com/QEftb2Em.jpg

- New Teen Titans (1980) #3

Astner
Where?

It's not a confirmation, it's a repetition of what's written.

The problem with the claim is that it may well be figurative. Because "on the other side of the universe," is a common figurative expression.

Moving across the universe in days is literally magnitudes above what Gladiator did. Universe has two trillion galaxies.
If it's literal then it's certainly a contender. But we don't have to interpret it that way, and that's the problem.

With Gladiator's feat he "had to cross galaxies in the blink of a god's eye," and given the context it had to be literal.

Why would he cross trillion of galaxies when Shiar Empire is in a very close to the milky way galaxy.
I was making a point against arbitray interpretations.

Old Man Whirly!
Nice reference. cool Thanks mate, shame Banks passed away. His books both Scifi and non Sci fi were a source of great pleasure. I am at present working my way through the few William Boyd and Sebastian Faulks books I haven't read. Before looking for new authors.Originally posted by Robtard
Moi? Who else laughcry

abhilegend
Where?

Like I said, let me gather my scans, currently at work.

No, it was literally stated to be the end of the universe.

Why would we not take it literally? Both Brainiac and Superman were literally thrown outside of time and space as seen in Convergence.

So does Superman's scene.

You're arbitrarily assigning different interpretation to a straightforward comic which says Superman was at the end of the universe and flew across it and its reconfirmed by the writer just because some other authors don't take it literally.

abhilegend
That comic is even older than the comic I cited, and you dismissed for being outdated.

Also, just because "galaxies are mere blurs" as they travel there doesn't necessarily mean that they cross galaxies.

Also in the same series, Tamaran's Vega is the visible from Earth with the naked eye, which would not be possible if it was part of another galaxy.

That was to show that even then it was fluctuating in how much distance it was from Earth.

I'll show more recent scans as soon as I get to my home.

DarkSaint85

https://i.postimg.cc/7L8KB78v/image.jpg

That scan makes it look like he crossed one galaxy max

But then, it would still be grammatically correct to say 0.4 galaxIES, so....

qwertyuiop1998
Meh, maybe we just need to ignore these comic inconsistency and cross-references or interpretations arguments.

That said, again, if we go by recent 'everything counts' route. Superman flies from the rim of the universe to earth in moments, after he was drained by kryptonite and used super-speed to counter/break free from his space-prison

https://ibb.co/k0XQV0P
https://ibb.co/5x83Hcn
https://ibb.co/1svsXZz
https://ibb.co/kGybzjx
https://ibb.co/MCcp4gt
https://ibb.co/xjRbP9v

Edit:
Comic source is in the scans' name I posted, but it is originated from Superman Special 1, later reprinted in Adventures of Superman - Gil Kane

Endless Mike
A few things:

1. That map of the Marvel galaxies is not to scale. Andromeda is 220,000 light-years in diameter and over 2.5 million light-years away.

2. Speaking of Andromeda, it can be seen from Earth with the naked eye, so the claim that you can't see anything outside of the galaxy with the naked eye is false.

3. I have no problem with accepting that Superman was literally on the other side of the universe, although that could involve some margin of error. For example, one could say that Chicago is on the other side of the country from Salt Lake City, even though they are not at exact opposite ends of the country.

4. If the only reference for Vega being galaxies away is a vague 'galaxies pass as mere blurs' (especially since the page also states that it would have been a centuries-long journey without the spaceship, so if you assume that means at the speed of light, that's only talking about a few hundred light-years) and there are multiple references for Vega being in the same location as the RL star, 26 light-years from Earth, then the latter sounds much more reasonable, if no further evidence is presented.

5. If the characters' relative speeds are really too hard to determine, you could always just declare speed to be equal for the purposes of the match.

6. If you're counting Silver Age Superman feats, then he was just plain ridiculous and could likely win this with one hand tied behind his back.

qwertyuiop1998

6. If you're counting Silver Age Superman feats, then he was just plain ridiculous and could likely win this with one hand tied behind his back.
Bronze Age actually. But yeah, if we use pre crisis feats, this match just plainly one-sided. Thus, I think Astner was talking about post-crisis and onward.

The same I can't say for JBL though

abhilegend
A few things:

1. That map of the Marvel galaxies is not to scale. Andromeda is 220,000 light-years in diameter and over 2.5 million light-years away.

2. Speaking of Andromeda, it can be seen from Earth with the naked eye, so the claim that you can't see anything outside of the galaxy with the naked eye is false.

3. I have no problem with accepting that Superman was literally on the other side of the universe, although that could involve some margin of error. For example, one could say that Chicago is on the other side of the country from Salt Lake City, even though they are not at exact opposite ends of the country.

4. If the only reference for Vega being galaxies away is a vague 'galaxies pass as mere blurs' (especially since the page also states that it would have been a centuries-long journey without the spaceship, so if you assume that means at the speed of light, that's only talking about a few hundred light-years) and there are multiple references for Vega being in the same location as the RL star, 26 light-years from Earth, then the latter sounds much more reasonable, if no further evidence is presented.

5. If the characters' relative speeds are really too hard to determine, you could always just declare speed to be equal for the purposes of the match.

I said close to the milky way galaxy in terms of cosmic distances.

abhilegend
Also why wouldn't we count silver age/bronze age feats when DC themselves have said its canon?

Endless Mike
Also why wouldn't we count silver age/bronze age feats when DC themselves have said its canon?

Well I would have to ask if his current feats are consistently on that level.

qwertyuiop1998
TBF, the character power levels fluctuation is something needs to be considered. And again, I don't think Astner meant to include pre crisis Superman when he made that post

abhilegend
Well I would have to ask if his current feats are consistently on that level.
Ermm, that can be applied to any character.

Astner
Like I said, let me gather my scans, currently at work.
Fair.

That's not what I said. What I said was that you can't see a star located in another galaxy with the naked eye.

h1a8
Astner
Again, Top speed is not relevant in a fight. For example, it could take one 5 seconds to reach the level of speed Gladiator did (acceleration is key). It's all about speed within the first moment after starting from rest. In other words, battle speed.

Also a character will not move faster than what they can react to. For example, if I can move at the speed of light then I would only do so when there is enough space between me and objects where I can react to. I would not go light speed within 0.5km (battle distance) because I would just crash into the opponent. Gladiator has nanosecond reactions at best. That means he would not go faster if it takes less than a nanosecond to react to do so.

h1a8

Well writers had little to no science background back then. They wrote stupid shit in 1980. You can't see planets in other star systems with the naked eye nor can you see other stars in another galaxy. So that scan is unusable as any type of evidence.

Old Man Whirly!
Quality comics... that issue of tntt is superb.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>