Order based on who would win a fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Mangog
Tyrant (that fought thanos)
Kurse
Thanos

cdtm
Probably Tyrant on top, Mangog at the bottom.

h1a8
Mangog
Tyrant
Thanos
Kurse

ShadowFyre
Mangog/Tyrant (leaning towards Tyrant)
Thanos
Kurse

ShadowFyre
The last Kurse we saw was female though so probably her

Stoic
Thanos, Tyrant, Mangog, Kurse.

h1a8
Tyrant stomps Thanos
So why put Thanos above him?

And how would Thanos beat Mangog?

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by h1a8
Tyrant stomps Thanos
So why put Thanos above him?

And how would Thanos beat Mangog?

What I was wondering. Unless it's an amp Thanos isn't top dog here

DarkSaint85
Thanos can easily BFR like he did against Gladiator.

Stoic

h1a8

DarkSaint85
So Thanos is on Galactus level now surpassing Odin and KT?
Lol at having fodder fight for you to imply that you are on Galactus level lol.

Create a thread with a poll then.
Thanos vs Tyrant and see how it goes

Also, how would Thanos deal with Mangog? Assuming bfr is out of the question.

But BFR is not out of the question (yet).

That's like asking how would Mangog deal with Thanos, assuming Mangog was powerless.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

That's like asking how would Mangog deal with Thanos, assuming Mangog was powerless.

The reason for my comment was to assert that Mangog can't be bfred (as I don't know). The reason I say this is because Thor nor Odin bfred Mangog in all his classic days.

Would you say they didn't because the writer intent is that Mangog could teleport back? Or that it was CIS on Thor and Odin?

DarkSaint85
The reason for my comment was to assert that Mangog can't be bfred (as I don't know). The reason I say this is because Thor nor Odin bfred Mangog in all his classic days.

Would you say they didn't because the writer intent is that Mangog could teleport back? Or that it was CIS on Thor and Odin?

CIS.

When Thor BFRd Mangog to the Sun, Odin specifically commented asking why didn't he think of that.

Also, PIS, as the writers needed to write a sexy fight scene which would be boring if Odin just waves his hand.

DarkSaint85
Also, making assertions when you don't know is a bit.....high and mighty.

h1a8
Also, making assertions when you don't know is a bit.....high and mighty.

Assertion is probably the wrong word. My vocabulary sucks. You should be smart enough to know what I mean. Let's not nitpick over bad choice of words.

CIS.

When Thor BFRd Mangog to the Sun, Odin specifically commented asking why didn't he think of that.

Also, PIS, as the writers needed to write a sexy fight scene which would be boring if Odin just waves his hand.
OK got it. Wasn't sure

h1a8

That's like asking how would Mangog deal with Thanos, assuming Mangog was powerless. So you agree that if Thanos can't bfr Mangog then he stands no chance?

DarkSaint85
So you agree that if Thanos can't bfr Mangog then he stands no chance?

Don't know, and don't care enough to form an opinion on arbitrary stipulations not made by the OP.

BFR is (currently) on. Thanos can wave his hand and send them 200 lightyears away like he did against Gladiator. Am sure there are other options, like his energy blasts or transmutation powers etc etc, but that's all that's needed for now

h1a8
Don't know, and don't care enough to form an opinion on arbitrary stipulations not made by the OP.

BFR is (currently) on. Thanos can wave his hand and send them 200 lightyears away like he did against Gladiator. Am sure there are other options, like his energy blasts or transmutation powers etc etc, but that's all that's needed for now

In other words, he can't do anything to Mangog, if Bfr is off.
Thank you for that.

Now on to my true intent.
Bfr is not option for Thanos here.
Why?
Because the Bfr feat against Gladiator doesn't count in a forum fight.
Think about why before you respond.

DarkSaint85
Thank you for that.

Why?

Oh, don't put words in my mouth. How does 'there are other options' = 'nothing he can do ', in other words? The two statements are completely different.

h1a8
Oh, don't put words in my mouth. How does 'there are other options' = 'nothing he can do ', in other words? The two statements are completely different. I can do such things because I know the truth (that's the only way someone is justified for doing such things).

DarkSaint85
I can do such things because I know the truth (that's the only way someone is justified for doing such things).

But you, just a scant few hours ago, didn't even know that Mangog could be BFRd. So how can you 'know' the truth?

Also, with regards to the nitpicking:

Assertion is probably the wrong word. My vocabulary sucks. You should be smart enough to know what I mean. Let's not nitpick over bad choice of words.

OK got it. Wasn't sure

Well you seemed to nitpick language just fine when it suited you:
"if" is a common word in the English language. Look it up

Saitama easily reacted to Sonic attacks, made 10+ afterimages of himself, did DBZ instant transmission like movements on enemies, etc

That's far faster than the bullet catch normal Sentry did (his fastest feat I've seen).

DarkSaint85
Btw, in case you're arguing that Thanos had his chair when he BFRd Glass, I was referring to the mindset he has in fighting i.e. he is willing to use BFR for the quick victory.

Edit: though thinking about it, why wouldn't he have his standard equipment?

h1a8
Btw, in case you're arguing that Thanos had his chair when he BFRd Glass, I was referring to the mindset he has in fighting i.e. he is willing to use BFR for the quick victory.

Edit: though thinking about it, why wouldn't he have his standard equipment? You are begging the question (a logical fallacy). You are assuming the chair is standard equipment without proof. Sarcastic "why wouldn't he have his standard equipment."
Slick boy you are.

DarkSaint85
He has teleported without the chair before, just in case you were wondering.

But sure. We can open it up to others to chime in if you so wish. Is Thanos' chair considered standard equipment.

Edit: MOREOVER, weren't you the guy who argued Frank had a vibranium knife as standard equipment, as 'he had never been shown to have lost it'?

Thanos hasn't been shown to have lost his chair. Ergo, he has it, no?

h1a8
He has teleported without the chair before, just in case you were wondering.

But sure. We can open it up to others to chime in if you so wish. Is Thanos' chair considered standard equipment.

Edit: MOREOVER, weren't you the guy who argued Frank had a vibranium knife as standard equipment, as 'he had never been shown to have lost it'?

Thanos hasn't been shown to have lost his chair. Ergo, he has it, no?
Sorry for the late reply.
1st sentence is irrelevant to chair being standard equipment.

Having not lost a chair =/= chair being standard equipment.
But know that Thanos doesn't currently have the chair (do you know why?)

You and I both been here many years and neither of us has seen anyone argue that Thanos chair is part of his standard equipment. The chair is seen is like what, less than 1% of his appearances and fights. It often either gets destroyed or simply not used (stays on Sanctuary or in some remote place).

DarkSaint85
What others argue is of no concern to me. You're the one who has said on many occasion that you don't go by the popular concensus.

But if you want to nitpick and go down this tangent of HOW precisely he BFRs Mangog, that's on you and tells me you are unable to argue his ability to do so.

h1a8
What others argue is of no concern to me. You're the one who has said on many occasion that you don't go by the popular concensus.

But if you want to nitpick and go down this tangent of HOW precisely he BFRs Mangog, that's on you and tells me you are unable to argue his ability to do so.

How am I nitpicking? You have a specific way in which Thanos wins. It is flawed. This is a debate forum. We don't come here to agree. We come to debate. If I see a flaw I'm going to try to point it out.

Now you are trying to save face by arguing that it is a tangent?
I addressed the argument that you gave head on. No tangents. If you knew other ways Thanos could bfr them you would have given them instead of continue with the flawed specific way ( "just like how he bfr Gladiator..."wink

I'm open to proof (through examples) of how Thanos can bfr Mangog.

DarkSaint85
I am saying he can BFR Mangog through teleportation. Mangog can be sent away, like Gladiator was sent away. It is not for me to educate you on whether Thanos can teleport with his chair, or without it - it's called comics.

Sure, you can ask and appeal to my ego if you so wish. But you know that that does not work with me - I will simply string you along as long as possible, whilst maintaining that he can indeed teleport without using his chair.

Assuming he doesn't have his standard equipment like his chair laughing out loud

Delta1938
H1, he has teleported without the chair. The better argument would be arguing whether without the chair that it would be effective enough.

h1a8
Originally posted by Delta1938
H1, he has teleported without the chair. The better argument would be arguing whether without the chair that it would be effective enough. That's not what the discussion is about. Read the entire exchange from the beginning and catch up.

h1a8
I am saying he can BFR Mangog through teleportation. Mangog can be sent away, like Gladiator was sent away. It is not for me to educate you on whether Thanos can teleport with his chair, or without it - it's called comics.

Sure, you can ask and appeal to my ego if you so wish. But you know that that does not work with me - I will simply string you along as long as possible, whilst maintaining that he can indeed teleport without using his chair.

Assuming he doesn't have his standard equipment like his chair laughing out loud I'm not sure you know how he teleported Gladiator because you are saying silly things.

Let me educate you. Thanos opened a portal right in front of Gladiator WHILE Gladiator was rushing to attack Thanos.
Gladiator flew through the portal. Thanos used the chair to achieve this.

Whether Thanos can teleport or not is irrelevant to him being able to Bfr someone. Duh

DarkSaint85
He can open portals without his chair, if that is the nitpick you are attempting to focus on.....

You DO know that, right?

Edit: was this your big reveal? That he doesn't open portals without his chair, so he can't open one for Mangog to leap through???? Lol.

h1a8
He can open portals without his chair, if that is the nitpick you are attempting to focus on.....

You DO know that, right?

Edit: was this your big reveal? That he doesn't open portals without his chair, so he can't open one for Mangog to leap through???? Lol. Prove that he can currently open portals with ONLY standard equipment (exactly like the one against Gladiator).

Because the plot point behind the whole idea of restoring his chair was so that he can travel to remote places.

DarkSaint85
Lmao. Damn. You really thought that was your ace in the hole huh? That he couldn't open portals without his chair? Your big gotcha moment?

You were here to educate me, right? So please - think before you post, and show me the scans saying he can't. Show this plot point to me of chair restorationlaughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Thank you for that.

Why?

So cunning! Much trickery! Truly, we have an heir to Odysseus in our midst, a veritable trickster for the ages!

Pray, tell me, why does the BFR feat against Gladiator not count in a forum fight?

Think about why not before you respond - as I have tried to think why, and as I do not possess your singularly stunning intellect, I was unable to think of a reason why it wouldn't count.

h1a8
So cunning! Much trickery! Truly, we have an heir to Odysseus in our midst, a veritable trickster for the ages!

Pray, tell me, why does the BFR feat against Gladiator not count in a forum fight?

Think about why not before you respond - as I have tried to think why, and as I do not possess your singularly stunning intellect, I was unable to think of a reason why it wouldn't count. Why ask redundant questions? You know my answer (unless you are an idiot).
The feat does not count because Thanos had his chair when he did the feat. He does not have his chair in a forum fight.

Did you read my last post about proving your claim?

DarkSaint85
Why ask redundant questions? You know my answer (unless you are an idiot).
The feat does not count because Thanos had his chair when he did the feat. He does not have his chair in a forum fight.

Did you read my last post about proving your claim?

Yeah, and first I am asking you to prove this claim about his chair being destroyed meaning he couldn't teleport without it.

Prove that just because he had no chair (which storyline was it in, and when was it? His chair gets destroyed a couple of times) meant that his teleportation capabilities were gone.

Remember, you know the supposed truth. So let's see this truth.

DarkSaint85
Double post: to be clear, I want you to prove that he is unable to open portals without his chair.

Now, you will argue you don't have to. That the onus is on me, proving a negative or whatever fancy college term you fancy edumacated folks like to use. No!

You assert (yes, I use that term here) that his chair being destroyed and subsequently restored was a plot point for him to travel about. So prove that this has anything to do with the debate at hand. Like I said, it's a nitpicking tangent but you didn't want to take the exit I graciously offered.

Your arrogance (misplaced, as per usual) once again rubbed me the wrong way, so am going to have a bit of fun with you. What makes you think that he is unable to open portals without his chair? If it is because you haven't seen him do so, does that not mean you're simply speaking out of ignorance, as you haven't read the comicS in question?

h1a8
Double post: to be clear, I want you to prove that he is unable to open portals without his chair.

Now, you will argue you don't have to. That the onus is on me, proving a negative or whatever fancy college term you fancy edumacated folks like to use. No!

You assert (yes, I use that term here) that his chair being destroyed and subsequently restored was a plot point for him to travel about. So prove that this has anything to do with the debate at hand. Like I said, it's a nitpicking tangent but you didn't want to take the exit I graciously offered.

Your arrogance (misplaced, as per usual) once again rubbed me the wrong way, so am going to have a bit of fun with you. What makes you think that he is unable to open portals without his chair? If it is because you haven't seen him do so, does that not mean you're simply speaking out of ignorance, as you haven't read the comicS in question?

You asking me to prove a negative? A character doesn't have a special attribute in a forum fight without proof. In other words, you can't say a character automatically gets a special attribute just because someone can't prove they don't have it. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

If Thanos can indeed open a portal (without his chair or other non standard equipment) then you have to prove it.

Yeah, and first I am asking you to prove this claim about his chair being destroyed meaning he couldn't teleport without it.

Prove that just because he had no chair (which storyline was it in, and when was it? His chair gets destroyed a couple of times) meant that his teleportation capabilities were gone.

Remember, you know the supposed truth. So let's see this truth.
What's wrong with you? I already stated that Thanos being able to teleport has no bearing on his ability to Bfr someone (through the ability of opening portals).
You claimed that Thanos can open portals (like in the Gladiator scene) with using only standard equipment. Prove it.

DarkSaint85
You asking me to prove a negative? A character doesn't have a special attribute in a forum fight without proof. In other words, you can't say a character automatically gets a special attribute just because someone can't prove they don't have it. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

If Thanos can indeed open a portal (without his chair or other non standard equipment) then you have to prove it.

What's wrong with you? I already stated that Thanos being able to teleport has no bearing on his ability to Bfr someone (through the ability of opening portals).
You claimed that Thanos can open portals (like in the Gladiator scene) with using only standard equipment. Prove it.

So in short, you're asserting that Thanos can't open portals, based on zero proof, just to be clear?

I want to see your thought processes first that made you so confident of the truth, lol.

h1a8
So in short, you're asserting that Thanos can't open portals, based on zero proof, just to be clear?

I want to see your thought processes first that made you so confident of the truth, lol.

A character has no special attributes without proof.
If there is no proof that Thanos can open portals on his own power (or using standard equipment) then he can't in a forum fight.

DarkSaint85
If there is no proof that Thanos can open portals on his own power (or using standard equipment) then he can't in a forum fight.

Ok. I am referring to this post:

Because the plot point behind the whole idea of restoring his chair was so that he can travel to remote places.

So what do you mean by this? Which instance are you referring to?

And most importantly, why do you assert that this lack of knowledge is a truth?

It just seems that you're making this assertion, your 'truth',based on ignorance, i.e. you didn't know something, yet claim it's a truth. And then got really arrogantly high and mighty about it.

DarkSaint85
In fact, because I am so bored ...

In fact, why don't you prove that he needed his chair to open a portal? You are basing your entire argument on this, lmao.

The chair has no special attribute to open portals, so why do you claim that it does? You're the one making this claim in the first place, that the chair is needed to open portals, so prove it.

h1a8
In fact, because I am so bored ...

In fact, why don't you prove that he needed his chair to open a portal? You are basing your entire argument on this, lmao.

The chair has no special attribute to open portals, so why do you claim that it does? You're the one making this claim in the first place, that the chair is needed to open portals, so prove it.

The statement about the plot point of Thanos needing to restore his chair is not needed.

The fact remains, if you can't prove that Thanos can open portals under his own power (or using standard equipment) then he can't in a forum fight. This is the primary argument.

Can Thanos open portals like he did when he faced Gladiator? If so then prove it.

DarkSaint85
He's just sitting on his chair. You're attributing special attributes to the chair, that it can open portals. So prove it, lol.

I mean, your assertion is as unfounded as me claiming he uses his helmet to open portals, lol.

Edit: by the by, just as an FYI - I have an album of ~20 scans of Thanos opening portals, all from the last four years or so, ready to go. This is just an interesting and fascinating look into your logic and thought processes, though.

Smurph
Prove that he can currently open portals with ONLY standard equipment (exactly like the one against Gladiator).

The statement about the plot point of Thanos needing to restore his chair is not needed.

laughing out loud

h1 101: frame everything possible as something somebody else has to prove. Make a statement and get asked for proof? Just wave your hand and say "no"

Ambient
https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t/80305849_0E025041-692E-473F-8332-8293BA3520FF.jpeg

https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t/80305850_FCAC3E66-BE94-4092-8C55-C2E121C434D8.jpeg

https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t/80305851_7F8F4C84-2BF6-4BC9-9471-B829FE6575ED.jpeg

https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t/80305852_841501DC-0F85-40C3-ADA0-C1013FCE039F.jpeg

The few times his done so without chair.

DarkSaint85
Shhh Ambient. Besides, I wanted it purely to be specifically limited to opening portal gates, I don't want h1 to handwave your scans away and try and weasel his way out of it.

He is claiming Thanos' chair can open portals gates; I am asking him to prove this. We don't give special attributes to things without proof (as per his posts).

Ambient
😆 shurryy

cdtm
Originally posted by Ambient
😆 shurryy

Don't listen to him, you just did the civil thing and outright showed H1 why he's wrong.

What Dark is doing is actually a bannable offense on some boards.

Ambient
Ban DarkSaint! I say yay hahaha

Delta1938
DS, ctdm, you two should do a cage match. Loser gets banned, for life, from all boards......because it's a fight to the death.

DarkSaint85
Lol am I rent free in cdtms's mind?

cdtm
Originally posted by Delta1938
DS, ctdm, you two should do a cage match. Loser gets banned, for life, from all boards......because it's a fight to the death.

Dammit, I have a quip all set up and now I'm afraid to say it because chancing banhammer..

I don't even think it's that bad, but I didn't think every other thing I ever said was that bad either. So I dunno.

Just for reference: DS is Asian, yes?

Smurph
Originally posted by -Pr-

cdtm, why are you racist?

Delta1938
Originally posted by cdtm
Dammit, I have a quip all set up and now I'm afraid to say it because chancing banhammer..

I don't even think it's that bad, but I didn't think every other thing I ever said was that bad either. So I dunno.

Just for reference: DS is Asian, yes?

I know the answer but after what you said I don't know if I should tell you. eek!

DarkSaint85
Why.....why does it matter?

Or is it a 'quip' that is only 'funny' depending on what ethnicity I am?

Sounds sus, tbf. We should get back on topic, and cdtm should crawl away please.

Delta1938
Why.....why does it matter?

Or is it a 'quip' that is only 'funny' depending on what ethnicity I am?

Sounds sus, tbf. We should get back on topic, and cdtm should crawl away please.

I would guess it's related to me saying you two cage fight to the death.

So now you have the motivation to be the winner.

DarkSaint85
I just want h1 to prove that Thanos' chair is able to open portals to teleport his foes away, and that it's what he needs to do so.

cdtm
I just want h1 to prove that Thanos' chair is able to open portals to teleport his foes away, and that it's what he needs to do so.

Full disclosure, it was on CBR.

Essentially, I did a similar thing in a GL thread. I knew something the other guy didn't know about Kyle Rayner, and was stringing him along as he arrogantly insisted. Kyle couldn't do the thing. Then Pendaran swoops in and gives the example I was thinking of, just like happened to you and H1. I say "I know that, but I wanted to see if HE knows it."

Pendy reports to Watcher, Watcher perma bans.

In my defense, this may have actually been an unjust ban for a change, as this is the period CBR started banning EVERYONE. I mean ALL regulars. For any little thing.

I think the board owner wanted to clean house to go mainstream, and keep a better class of debate. I also suspect Pendaran and Watcher are the same guy, as Watcher literally came on Pendaran's side every single time, yet never warned him for any reason.

Wouldn't surprise me if the site owner himself was Pendaran, since he never came to this auxiliary board the regs sets up, in spite of being their alleged friend.

DarkSaint85
Shhh Ambient. Besides, I wanted it purely to be specifically limited to opening portal gates, I don't want h1 to handwave your scans away and try and weasel his way out of it.

He is claiming Thanos' chair can open portals gates; I am asking him to prove this. We don't give special attributes to things without proof (as per his posts).

For h1, I know he gets confused with multiple posts.

h1a8

Why do I have to?
The possibility that Thanos used the chair is enough.
He is shown extending a finger (as in touching a specific area of hand rest) to activate the portal.
He has never been shown to open portals on his own power.

Originally posted by Ambient
https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t/80305849_0E025041-692E-473F-8332-8293BA3520FF.jpeg

https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t/80305850_FCAC3E66-BE94-4092-8C55-C2E121C434D8.jpeg

https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t/80305851_7F8F4C84-2BF6-4BC9-9471-B829FE6575ED.jpeg

https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t/80305852_841501DC-0F85-40C3-ADA0-C1013FCE039F.jpeg

The few times his done so without chair.

The first scan is inconclusive (what's the issue number).
The following scans are Thanos teleporting, not opening portals where someone (not him) is able to run through.

The argument is that Thanos (using only his own power or current standard equipment) can open portals exactly like how he did against Gladiator.

Originally posted by Smurph
laughing out loud

h1 101: frame everything possible as something somebody else has to prove. Make a statement and get asked for proof? Just wave your hand and say "no"

Saint originally claimed that Thanos can bfr Mangog exactly like he did Gladiator. Thanos was in his chair when he did that. I asked Saint to prove that Thanos can do that WITHOUT his chair (or that Thanos did it without using the chair).

So why do you troll me? Just read the entire exchange first.

DarkSaint85
So if the possibility that the chair can open portals is all that's needed, then the possibility that Thanos does not need said chair is all that's needed laughing out loud

You are giving the chair special attributes without proof.

Moreover, your arrogance is once again showing. Thanos has never been shown to open portals under his own power - to your limited knowledge .

You make statements as if you have read every Thanos comic. Have you?

h1a8
So if the possibility that the chair can open portals is all that's needed, then the possibility that Thanos does not need said chair is all that's needed laughing out loud

You are giving the chair special attributes without proof.

In order for a character to be able to do something in a forum you must have conclusive on panel proof, not speculation.

Lol at another fallacy by you. Invalidating someone else's claim DOES NOT valid yours.

DarkSaint85
In order for a character to be able to do something in a forum you must have conclusive on panel proof, not speculation.

Lol at another fallacy by you. Invalidating someone else's claim DOES NOT valid yours.

So where is your conclusive proof that the chair opens portals? You made the initial claim, that the chair is needed.

So validate your own claims before attempting to invalidate others laughing out loud is that not a fallacy from you?

h1a8
I stated that Thanos appears to be touching (like we do using cell phones) a specific area of the chair rest with an extented finger.
Everyone person who read the comic thought that Thanos used the chair. You are now just trolling to save face.
Also
Invalidating someone else's claim DOES NOT valid yours.

DarkSaint85
I stated that Thanos appears to be touching (like we do using cell phones) a specific area of the chair rest with an extented finger.

Also

How is that conclusive proof?

And again:
Validate your own claims before attempting to invalidate mine. Prove -conclusively- that the chair opens portals.

Edit: as for your edit, so? Do YOU go along with the concensus opinion?
Edit edit: but let's lay our cards on the table. Shall we have a wager on this? You've done nothing but accuse me of trolling, whilst being adamant that Thanos has NEVER been shown to open portals like as he did against Gladiator, without his chair.

As you are so confident that you are right, that you know the truth, and I am so confident that I am right, what shall we bet?

h1a8
How is that conclusive proof?

And again:
Validate your own claims before attempting to invalidate mine. Prove -conclusively- that the chair opens portals.

It's conclusive because why would the writer draw Thanos pressing the area with an extended finger? You know how stupid you sound right now?

If the writer wanted the reader to believe that the chair wasn't used then he would NOT have drawn the left index finger (finger used for activation of controls) extended to pressing a specific area of the hand rest. Duh.

You are not understanding. You Originally claimed that Thanos can bfr Mangog by opening portals exactly how he did in the Gladiator scene.

Even if my evidence that Thanos used the chair is faulty, that doesn't prove that he didn't used the chair (which is required in order for him to have that ability in a forum fight)
Therefore, the possibility that Thanos used the chair destroys your claim.

DarkSaint85
It's conclusive because why would the writer draw Thanos pressing the area with an extended finger? You know how stupid you sound right now?

If the writer wanted the reader to believe that the chair wasn't used then he would NOT have drawn the left index finger (finger used for activation of controls) extended to pressing a specific area of the hand rest. Duh.

You are not understanding. You Originally claimed that Thanos can bfr Mangog by opening portals exactly how he did in the Gladiator scene.

Even if my evidence that Thanos used the chair is faulty, that doesn't prove that he didn't used the chair (which is required in order for him to have that ability in a forum fight). cool.

Let's have a bet on it.

h1a8
cool.

Let's have a bet on it.

You are deflecting.

You have to prove that Thanos did not use the chair (since it's a possibility) to open that portal against Gladiator.

That's the bottom line

DarkSaint85
No, I am to prove that Thanos has the ability to open portals without his chair, just like the one he uses against Gladiator.

Not teleportation like Ambient posted. Portals that characters can stroll through, gates, doorways, that kinda thing.

Wanna bet?

Smurph

Saint originally claimed that Thanos can bfr Mangog exactly like he did Gladiator. Thanos was in his chair when he did that. I asked Saint to prove that Thanos can do that WITHOUT his chair (or that Thanos did it without using the chair).

So why do you troll me? Just read the entire exchange first. It isn't an act of trolling to point out trolling.

The only proof offered thus far in the BFR argument, on either side, is the cite to BFRing Gladiator and then the three scans Ambient posted.

Meanwhile, you said:
-the power comes from the throne; and
-Thanos needed to restore the throne to get the power back

but as usual you refuse to try to prove either point. Why? It's like you're addicted to arguing comics but allergic to reading them.

h1a8
No, I am to prove that Thanos has the ability to open portals without his chair, just like the one he uses against Gladiator.

Not teleportation like Ambient posted. Portals that characters can stroll through, gates, doorways, that kinda thing.

Wanna bet?

Proving that Thanos didn't use the chair in that scene proves your case. Duh
Unless you have other proof then that's fine too.

h1a8
It isn't an act of trolling to point out trolling.

The only proof offered thus far in the BFR argument, on either side, is the cite to BFRing Gladiator and then the three scans Ambient posted.

Meanwhile, you said:
-the power comes from the throne; and
-Thanos needed to restore the throne to get the power back

but as usual you refuse to try to prove either point. Why? It's like you're addicted to arguing comics but allergic to reading them.

No the argument is that Thanos can bfr Mangog exactly how he did against Gladiator. Keep up. Saint then tried to cover up his faulty claim by creating a new one (ignoring the faulty one), stating that Thanos can teleport. I know this. Everyone knows this. But how does self teleportation BFR Mangog? Therefore the new claim is still faulty.

In the Gladiator scene it appears, to the reasonable person, that Thanos activated the portal by pressing a specific area on the hand rest controls with his index finger. Therefore, at the very least, it's creates the possibility that Thanos used the chair.

Do you understand?

DarkSaint85
Proving that Thanos didn't use the chair in that scene proves your case. Duh
Unless you have other proof then that's fine too.

Sure. Let's bet on it.

All of a sudden you seem quite meek. What would you like to put on the line to back your words up?

h1a8
Sure. Let's bet on it.

All of a sudden you seem quite meek. What would you like to put on the line to back your words up? Bet on what? Just prove your claim, otherwise Thanos is not able to bfr Mangog in a forum fight.

DarkSaint85
Bet on what? Just prove your claim, otherwise Thanos is not able to bfr Mangog in a forum fight.

That Thanos is able to open portals that one can stroll through without his chair..

Smurph
I don't know how Saint proves that Thanos didn't use the chair in that specific scene.

But, while he's at it, he should probably prove that Thanos didn't make a deal with Mephisto to open a portal.

And that an alternate dimension Loki wasn't invisible, standing beside the throne, opening portals willy nilly.

DarkSaint85
Seems like once I challenge him and he can't just be a weasel, he suddenly backs down from the challenge.

Yet uses words like truth, never shown and trolling. Strange.

Edit: maybe Thanos is using Titan Sign Language. Maybe he is pointing to where he wants to open his portal, which wouldn't need the chair.

All I need do really is show him opening portals without his chair, I guess.

Smurph
Seems like once I challenge him and he can't just be a weasel, he suddenly backs down from the challenge.

Yet uses words like truth, never shown and trolling. Strange.

Edit: maybe Thanos is using Titan Sign Language. Maybe he is pointing to where he wants to open his portal, which wouldn't need the chair.

All I need do really is show him opening portals without his chair, I guess. ya, the relevant question isn't about the chair, it's whether Thanos can open portals.

The Gladiator BFR is proof that he can. H1 disagrees and says the feat is the chair's but won't prove it. Now he wants to set you up to prove a negative: "prove that Thanos wasn't using the chair in that scene"

Maybe Thanos learned backwards magic from Zatanna and whispered "latrop" off panel

DarkSaint85
ya, the relevant question isn't about the chair, it's whether Thanos can open portals.

The Gladiator BFR is proof that he can. H1 disagrees and says the feat is the chair's but won't prove it. Now he wants to set you up to prove a negative: "prove that Thanos wasn't using the chair in that scene"

Maybe Thanos learned backwards magic from Zatanna and whispered "latrop" off panel

It's hilarious how H1 subtly shifts his setup. First, it was:

Prove that he can currently open portals with ONLY standard equipment (exactly like the one against Gladiator).

Several times:

Then subtly shifts, once he realises crap, maybe Saint knows something (which, tbf, isn't difficult):
The argument is that Thanos (using only his own power or current standard equipment) can open portals exactly like how he did against Gladiator.

After all, he knew the 'truth:

I can do such things because I know the truth (that's the only way someone is justified for doing such things).

He is (or was?) SO certain Thanos can't open portals without his chair. It was a truth to him. So much so that the exact method by which he defeated Glads (i.e. BFR through a portal) was inadmissible.

Remember, kids who are just joining us:

(Despite Ambient showing a scan of him doing so without his chair, but that is by-the-by. Told you he would handwave it all away, Ambient!).

Now, suddenly, he is subtly shifting it to 'that exact scene, prove he didn't!' Tsk tsk. So weaselly.

h1a8
I don't know how Saint proves that Thanos didn't use the chair in that specific scene.

But, while he's at it, he should probably prove that Thanos didn't make a deal with Mephisto to open a portal.

And that an alternate dimension Loki wasn't invisible, standing beside the throne, opening portals willy nilly.

I gave evidence that Thanos was using the chair. Why ignore that? If it's faulty then that is where you start. Not here.

Again, Thanos is shown pressing a specific area of the hand rest with his extended index finger (only finger drawn extended). Any reasonable person would believe that Thanos activated the portal via that finger on the chair. Otherwise, why would the writer draw Thanos doing that if the chair wasn't responsible for opening the portal?

That Thanos is able to open portals that one can stroll through without his chair.. Ok prove it. Make sure he is using either his own power or current standard equipment.

DarkSaint85
Care to bet on it? Or will you apologize for acting so arrogantly, asserting that he's never been shown to open portals on his own, or that you know the truth (implicitly saying that I was lying)?

h1a8
It's hilarious how H1 subtly shifts his setup. First, it was:

Several times:

Then subtly shifts, once he realises crap, maybe Saint knows something (which, tbf, isn't difficult):

After all, he knew the 'truth:

He is (or was?) SO certain Thanos can't open portals without his chair. It was a truth to him. So much so that the exact method by which he defeated Glads (i.e. BFR through a portal) was inadmissible.

Remember, kids who are just joining us:

(Despite Ambient showing a scan of him doing so without his chair, but that is by-the-by. Told you he would handwave it all away, Ambient!).

Now, suddenly, he is subtly shifting it to 'that exact scene, prove he didn't!' Tsk tsk. So weaselly.

Ambient didn't show this. He showed Thanos walking through a portal. That's not enough. Give issue numbers or post more of the scene.

Everything else in your post is immaterial.

DarkSaint85
Ambient didn't show this. He showed Thanos walking through a portal. That's not enough. Give issue numbers or post more of the scene.

Everything else in your post is immaterial.

Not so.

You claimed he can't. That it was a truth. How is that immaterial?

And just to add:

Care to bet on it? Or will you apologize for acting so arrogantly, asserting that he's never been shown to open portals on his own, or that you know the truth (implicitly saying that I was lying)?

h1a8

So if Thanos can open portals on his own power and you have proof then why not post it and be done with it a long time ago? Why troll? That's not cool.

So the ball is in your court. Either prove that Thanos can currently open portals using his own power where Mangog is silly enough to run through.

Don't prove that Thanos did it before and that means is not available to him now or in a forum fight.

h1a8
Not so.

You claimed he can't. That it was a truth. How is that immaterial?

And just to add:

Without posted proof then he can't.
Simple as that.

DarkSaint85
So if Thanos can open portals on his own power and you have proof then why not post it and be done with it a long time ago? Why troll? That's not cool.

So the ball is in your court. Either prove that Thanos can currently open portals using his own power where Mangog is silly enough to run through.

Don't prove that Thanos did it before and that means is not available to him now or in a forum fight.

Not trolling, your arrogance is just interesting to see, as it's so misplaced.

He's also opened portals under characters, btw, so they fall through like the Spot does. Just a little spoiler alert.

Without posted proof then he can't.
Simple as that.

But your assertion is based on ignorance. Which is what I am driving at. Your 'truth' asserts that I am lying. THAT'S trolling, especially as you have no evidence to back up that I am lying.

h1a8
Not trolling, your arrogance is just interesting to see, as it's so misplaced.

He's also opened portals under characters, btw, so they fall through like the Spot does. Just a little spoiler alert.

But your assertion is based on ignorance. Which is what I am driving at.

This is a debate forum. You must post proof for something to fly (if someone is asking for it).

Just prove that Thanos can Bfr Mangog in ANYWAY using his own power or current standard equipment. You don't have to necessarily prove that Thanos can open portals anymore.

Lastly, I don't care what Thanos did in the past if it doesn't relate to what he can CURRENTLY do under standard equipment.

DarkSaint85
This is a debate forum. You must post proof for something to fly (if someone is asking for it).

Just prove that Thanos can Bfr Mangog in ANYWAY using his own power or current standard equipment. You don't have to necessarily prove that Thanos can open portals anymore.

Lastly, I don't care what Thanos did in the past if it doesn't relate to what he can CURRENTLY do under standard equipment.

Yet you asserted that yours was the truth. So no apology forthcoming, then?

Edit: I see you've backed down from saying Thanos has NEVER (words yours) shown to open portals without his chair. Concession accepted. Apology also accepted.

h1a8
Yet you asserted that yours was the truth. So no apology forthcoming, then?

You have to show me that my assertion isn't the truth, whatever that was. But stop deflecting. Prove Thanos can and will most likely Bfr Mangog if the two fought in a forum.

DarkSaint85
You have to show me that my assertion isn't the truth, whatever that was. But stop deflecting. Prove Thanos can and will most likely Bfr Mangog if the two fought in a forum.

Not willing to have a wager with consequences for the loser?

I see you subtly trying to shift the goalposts once more, lmao. I though I was just showing him opening portals without the chair, something he has NEVER done before, according to you?

h1a8
Not willing to have a wager with consequences for the loser?

I see you subtly trying to shift the goalposts once more, lmao. I though I was just showing him opening portals without the chair, something he has NEVER done before, according to you?

The consequences is that the lose looks bad.
I didn't shift any goalposts. You are.
The whole point of the discussion is why Thanos belongs above Mangog. Did you forget? That's the goal. You claimed wehe was above because he can Bfr him 200 light years away like he did Gladiator. That's where it started. Let's keep it simple

DarkSaint85
The consequences is that the lose looks bad.
I didn't shift any goalposts. You are.
The whole point of the discussion is why Thanos belongs above Mangog. Did you forget? That's the goal. You claimed wehe was above because he can Bfr him 200 light years away like he did Gladiator. That's where it started. Let's keep it simple

So you're asserting that you're wrong when you say he has NEVER done so? I am trying to do this point by point.

h1a8
So you're asserting that you're wrong when you say he has NEVER done so? I am trying to do this point by point.

Let's argue the main point (to prevent from derailing the thread). After that we can argue anything else.
Prove that Thanos can and will bfr Mangog with either his own power or using current standard equipment.

After you prove that then we can argue anything else.

DarkSaint85
Well the willingness is already proven....with gladiator. He sent him a way.

You already look bad, though, so there isn't much of an incentive for me to do so.

And if you say that's trolling, so be it - but report me, or get reported for backseat modding.

DarkSaint85
Post 1
Right. So let's recap the entire thing, and have a little summary. I have had to split my post up, because I had way too many scans lmao.

Firstly, cunning h1 had this to say:
Why?
Such arrogance! Also, note the words. BFR is not an option here for Thanos. Why?

So, if Thanos can open portals WITHOUT his chair, WITHOUT any prep (i.e. just standard showings), then....BFR is most certainly an option.

Reiterated (one post out of many repeating the same things):

So secondly, let's see this famous portal against Glads:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/11122/111223216/4958177-gladiator.jpg

From CV, but you get the picture (literally).

So, I have tried to restrict myself to the last 5 years' only of comics. But I broke that a bit, and have scans from comics from the last FOUR years, including the current Eternals comic (where we most recently see Thanos).

OK.

Note the following scans. Note how there are NO CHAIRS present. No special prep, no non-standard equipment:
https://i.postimg.cc/4K0mqfJZ/RCO010-1466121105.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/kR3DMT6p/RCO013-1466108288.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/N9r5w3MX/RCO011-1466121105.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/svPGxCJ9/RCO015-1466121105.jpg

Explicitly called a teleportational gate (which can also transport others ):
https://i.postimg.cc/McHn9MJd/RCO015-1466108478.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/FYDfbb8Y/RCO016-1466108478.jpg
(Bonus: it is interplanetary in scope).

Against Moondragon, he opens it casually under her so gravity makes her fall into it:
https://i.postimg.cc/QVTTLT9z/RCO016-1466110596.jpg

More openings:
https://i.postimg.cc/75xGTtsv/RCO017-1466114701.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/F7XJhH0H/RCO020-1466114701.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/MfVM1CJw/RCO021-1466114701.jpg

DarkSaint85
Post 2
Cheeky one, as a chair is seen in the scan, but I can post the previous if people decided to nitpick:
https://i.postimg.cc/QKQCFccx/RCO033-1582338489.jpg
Interdimensional portals:https://i.postimg.cc/mhCtpWKf/RCO038-1582338489.jpg

More openings (including for other characters):
https://i.postimg.cc/Vdw53HcS/RCO026-1663916643.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/PC3xvXvZ/RCO044-1663916643.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/WDd4MB0y/RCO075-1663916643.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/hJNtM2rt/RCO076-1663916643.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/nC1MZYH3/RCO084-1663916643.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/ZWKnqBn4/RCO085-1663916643.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/r0WFH5nC/RCO099-1576815252.jpg

Starlin's, by-the-by, is a bar on Knowhere. So that portal is from Zelchia to Knowhere.

This next scan is from the current Eternals series, where we last see Thanos (2021 release, I believe):
https://i.postimg.cc/tZxm8M5r/RCO017-1663819846.jpg

DarkSaint85
Post 3 (of 3, don't worry...)
Now, the kicker

Remember the scan of Gladiator being BFR'd? Rememeber how apparently, according to h1, Thanos uses a chair because his finger is moving? Writer intent and all that?

IN THE VERY SAME STORY, A SCANT FEW PAGES PRIOR:
https://i.postimg.cc/jCyFXBC2/RCO033-1462020409.jpg
No chair.
https://i.postimg.cc/T5jN35Bg/RCO034-1462020409.jpg
No chair.

Truly, h1 is a master of interpretation!

And remember when Gladiator got BFR'd?
https://i.postimg.cc/DWDMjTqJ/RCO050-1462020409.jpg
Wait, what's happening? Step-Stormbreaker, what are you doing???

https://i.postimg.cc/hQR3n1ZK/RCO051-1462020409.jpg

Phuck, that chair is destroyed!!!!And yet....

https://i.postimg.cc/TpGHHQW9/RCO087-1462020409.jpg

Again, that's just limiting myself to the past few years. It includes Thanos opening them casually in battle, casually to carry other characters around, across planetary distances (or even more), interdimensionally, all without the chair. It includes Thanos opening them under characters, without having to say anything, but definitely without the chair. It even includes showings from last year, which in comic terms in a couple of issues ago.

Again, this is severely limiting myself to 'portal opening', I didn't even argue things like:
https://i.postimg.cc/LhBMXJtx/RCO036-1466355630.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/qzJHCpQ4/RCO037-w-1466355630.jpg

Where he casually waves his hand and doesn't even need to open portals against Spider-man and Surfer, two of the characters with some of the best (reflex/travel) speed feats in Marvel.

Thanks for reading.

Ambient

DarkSaint85

Ambient
Hahaha.

DarkSaint85
Well it's on the previous page. Nearly 20 scans from the last few years, if people ever want to use it as a reference.

cdtm
Obliged, goes against my style though.

That style being: How would I debate in a bar, while drunk, befoe phones were a thing.

h1a8

h1a8

Ambient
thumb up

Smurph
lollll

Thank you for that.

Why?

Why is this thread 6 pages long? I wasn't asking for proof to argue. I was asking for proof so that I can accept the truth.

So Thanos can bfr Mangog if he wanted to

h1a8
lollll

So you know, it took 6 pages to post proof. Good you know that.

DarkSaint85
Because I was having fun with a guy who was arrogant when he really had no reason to be. You were arguing from a position of ignorance, and tried to pass it off as if you knew what you were talking about. So I thought I'd see how far you'd go. How you'd shift your goalposts etc.

I found it interesting that the very scan you used, had the chair destroyed in the very next panel, and the very storyline you used, had Thanos opening portals without his chair lol. Index fingers indeed. Writer intents etc.

h1a8
If you would have said Thanos can bfr Mangog (gave no details) then I would have been slightly skeptical but more trusting. But when you said, "like he did Gladiator", I thought immediately that Thanos used the chair and he doesn't have the chair in a forum. So I had a problem with that.

Here's my take, you didn't know of the other instances either outside of the Gladiator showing. That's why you were trying to argue with me that the chair is standard equipment lmao and was reluctant on showing proof when asked. You did research and found other showings LATER. That's when you wanted to make a bet. But you pretended to know (or recall) of all of them up front when you didn't. Which made me even more confident that such showings don't exist (you kept arguing wrong things like chair is standard equipment).

DarkSaint85
If you would have said Thanos can bfr Mangog (gave no details) then I would have been slightly skeptical but more trusting. But when you said, "like he did Gladiator", I thought immediately that Thanos used the chair and he doesn't have the chair in a forum. So I had a problem with that.

Here's my take, you didn't know of the other instances either outside of the Gladiator showing. That's why you were trying to argue with me that the chair is standard equipment lmao and was reluctant on showing proof when asked. You did research and found other showings LATER. That's when you wanted to make a bet. But you pretended to know (or recall) of all of them up front when you didn't. Which made me even more confident that such showings don't exist (you kept arguing wrong things like chair is standard equipment).
Here's what happened.

I didn't know of the other scans (or, having read the comics, it just really didn't register).

But I remembered that BRB destroyed the chair (it's literally the next page). . And I half remembered the portal away (it's the end of the story).

So I was fairly confident the chair wasn't needed. Then I just went through a couple of Thanos stories and found tons of examples.

However, you simply didn't tolerate the possibility you were wrong. And kept doubling down.

Moreover, when faced with possibilities that you WERE wrong, you just started bringing in unrelated items - the chair being destroyed being a plot point (lol), the left index finger being some kind of proof (double lol)....by this time, I had already collated a fair few of the scans, so decided to string you along because I wanted to see what kind of poster you were.

You:

1. Attempted to pass ignorance off as fact
2. Attempted to throw red herrings (the 'plot point')
3. Attempted to use your interpretation of 'writers intent' (lol) as proof (by this time I had long-refreshed my memory of Thanos opening the portal after said chair was destroyed, so I knew I had plenty of proof)
4. Dressed all these attempts up in arrogance where you made it appear as though I was lying.

Look, you say 'like with Gladiator ' was what set you off - but in the VERY NEXT PAGE, the chair was destroyed. Anyone who has read the comic would have seen this, especially if they were asserting truths of any kind based on these showings. So you had merely seen one or two panels, and thought you were unassailable.

Anyway, shall we move on to the other points of argument? You did say we could argue other points. I am not done yet, and will have my pound of metaphorical flesh lmao.

Sin I AM
Here's what happened.

I didn't know of the other scans (or, having read the comics, it just really didn't register).

But I remembered that BRB destroyed the chair (it's literally the next page). . And I half remembered the portal away (it's the end of the story).

So I was fairly confident the chair wasn't needed. Then I just went through a couple of Thanos stories and found tons of examples.

However, you simply didn't tolerate the possibility you were wrong. And kept doubling down.

Moreover, when faced with possibilities that you WERE wrong, you just started bringing in unrelated items - the chair being destroyed being a plot point (lol), the left index finger being some kind of proof (double lol)....by this time, I had already collated a fair few of the scans, so decided to string you along because I wanted to see what kind of poster you were.

You:

3. Attempted to use your interpretation of 'writers intent' (lol) as proof (by this time I had long-refreshed my memory of Thanos opening the portal after said chair was destroyed, so I knew I had plenty of proof)
4. Dressed all these attempts up in arrogance where you made it appear as though I was lying.

Look, you say 'like with Gladiator ' was what set you off - but in the VERY NEXT PAGE, the chair was destroyed. Anyone who has read the comic would have seen this, especially if they were asserting truths of any kind based on these showings. So you had merely seen one or two panels, and thought you were unassailable.

Anyway, shall we move on to the other points of argument? You did say we could argue other points. I am not done yet, and will have my pound of metaphorical flesh lmao.

Lol

Your dragging of h1 aside. I actually like Mango's chances of beating Thanos in h2h.

h1a8
Here's what happened.

You:

I knew the chair was destroyed right off the bat (it was destroyed very recently years after the Gladiator scene). That was my primary weapon (not only weapon) for arguing that it's not standard equipment.

So I didn't know (rather remember) of any instances of Thanos Bfr people outside the Gladiator showing. So when you tried arguing that the chair is standard then that made me think that scene was the only one. Otherwise, why argue the chair is standard when he's done it without the chair? Therefore, that must be the only time in both our minds.

There was no arrogance at all. You fed me that way. Stating that Thanos has Bfr someone without using the chair would have been better. But you didn't know (or remember) at the time. If that's the case then you shouldn't have argued anymore until you found proof. Arguing the chair is standard is stubborn and bias by you. If not arrogance.

Just so you know, when ever I ask for proof then I'm already willing to accept what truth comes out of it. I don't have any skin in the game.

Your mistake was trying to argue the chair was standard equipment.

DarkSaint85
You having ignorance doesn't mean truth.

h1a8
You having ignorance doesn't mean truth.

Does that have anything with arguing the chair was standard?

DarkSaint85
It does. In fact, it is symptomatic of your entire persona as a poster.

This all started with you putting words in my mouth, based on 'truth' based on ignorance.

So let's go on the next few points, shall we? Or do you wish to keep on this point, that Thanos can't open portals and has NEVER shown this ability (as you confidently asserted)?

h1a8
It does. In fact, it is symptomatic of your entire persona as a poster.

This all started with you putting words in my mouth, based on 'truth' based on ignorance.

So let's go on the next few points, shall we? Or do you wish to keep on this point, that Thanos can't open portals and has NEVER shown this ability (as you confidently asserted)?

You were the one who tried to argue the chair is standard equipment.
Would that be out of ignorance?

I'm not afraid to say my assumption was wrong. It was. But it was motivated by you trying to argue the chair is standard.

DarkSaint85
You were the one who tried to argue the chair is standard equipment.
Would that be out of ignorance?

I'm not afraid to say my assumption was wrong. It was. But it was motivated by you trying to argue the chair is standard.

You first said that your truth - how this all started - was based on a post I made which made ZERO mention of the chair being standard. Moreover I like how your truth is now an assumption. Good. You are learning.

Oh, don't put words in my mouth. How does 'there are other options' = 'nothing he can do ', in other words? The two statements are completely different.

YOU started with this assumption that I assumed standard chairs. Nice deflection, though, I can see. Second or third time now you have ignored my question. Shall we move on to the next erroneous points you made?

StiltmanFTW
If you desire murdering your own brain cells, Saint, I recommend drinking absinthe or even ****ing methanol.

But have some mercy on your own soul and don't actually choose to have a conversation with h1.

DarkSaint85
Bottom of page 5 is already delicious to me. His abject surrender was enough to keep me going lol.

Ambient

DarkSaint85
The forum is so dead these days, we should just have fun and entertainment where we can.

If things get stretched out for six pages.....so? I could've stretched it for even longer, I feel. More rope to hang himself, as it were.

h1a8
Saint
You basically went full retard when you tried to argue that the chair is standard equipment. I can quote you if you want.
You basically felt that's the only way Thanos can BFR mangog. So you were MORE WRONG than I.

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud whatever makes you feel better.

So can Thanos BFR Tyrant?

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
If you desire murdering your own brain cells, Saint, I recommend drinking absinthe or even ****ing methanol.

But have some mercy on your own soul and don't actually choose to have a conversation with h1.

Only an idiot like you can't see that Saint made a fool of himself. Arguing that Thanos will bfr using the chair. Then changing his losing argument to Thanos can teleport (which doesn't mean he can Bfr another) therefore he can Bfr Mangog. Then changing it to Thanos can now open portals AFTER he did the research.

He was basically arguing from ignorance and got lucky he found proof.

If he nor Someone else didn't find proof. Then he will still been looking like an idiot still arguing that the chair is standard, or that Thanos can teleport means he can bfr Mangog

DarkSaint85
Only an idiot like you can't see that Saint made a fool of himself. Arguing that Thanos will bfr using the chair. Then changing his losing argument to Thanos can teleport (which doesn't mean he can Bfr another) therefore he can Bfr Mangog. Then changing it to Thanos can now open portals AFTER he did the research.

He was basically arguing from ignorance and got lucky he found proof.

laughing out loud you sound quite emotional. But ok.

laughing out loud

Now. Can Thanos BFR Tyrant?

h1a8
laughing out loud whatever makes you feel better.

So can Thanos BFR Tyrant?
Tyrant can get back if Thanos tries.

DarkSaint85
Tyrant can get back if Thanos tries.
Scans, please.

h1a8
Scans, please. He has the power cosmic and was a Herald. He has ability to travel many times faster than light and possibly teleportation.

DarkSaint85
He has the power cosmic and was a Herald. He has ability to travel many times faster than light and possibly teleportation.

Scans?

Edit: also, I just realized where you got your surety from, lmao. Did you just read the Thanos respect thread, and assumed he used the Space Chair because the respect thread said so? Oh dear. Guess you've learnt your lesson, at least you've moved on and are using respect threads, at least (unlike with Kingpin and Ozymandias laughing out loud )

So I am slowly educating you, at the very least. This makes me happier

h1a8
Scans?

Edit: also, I just realized where you got your surety from, lmao. Did you just read the Thanos respect thread, and assumed he used the Space Chair because the respect thread said so? Oh dear. Guess you've learnt your lesson, at least you've moved on and are using respect threads, at least (unlike with Kingpin and Ozymandias laughing out loud )

So I am slowly educating you, at the very least. This makes me happier Huh?
I didn't read any respect thread.
Scans of what?
Tyrant was Galactus first herald. He's the most powerful herald, almost equal to Galactus himself. That's common sense.

DarkSaint85
Huh?
I didn't read any respect thread.
Scans of what?
Tyrant was Galactus first herald. He's the most powerful herald, almost equal to Galactus himself. That's common sense.

Scans of him travelling many times faster than light, and possibly teleporting. His status means nothing, particularly as Galactus took that power from him. So the scans would need to be of depowered (i.e. as current as can be, not him using abilities that are no longer standard to him).

Moreover, as a wise poster said, we use their feats to determine their stats, and we don't give special attributes to characters if they're not shown. Him being the first herald etc etc, means nothing without proof of the abilities you mention and I explicitly menion at the top of this post.

h1a8
Scans of him travelling many times faster than light, and possibly teleporting. His status means nothing, particularly as Galactus took that power from him. So the scans would need to be of depowered (i.e. as current as can be, not him using abilities that are no longer standard to him).

Moreover, as a wise poster said, we use their feats to determine their stats, and we don't give special attributes to characters if they're not shown. Him being the first herald etc etc, means nothing without proof of the abilities you mention and I explicitly menion at the top of this post.

I'm not going to take you seriously here. If you actually believe that Tyrant has no means of traveling faster than light or teleportation then say so right now. I'm super curious

DarkSaint85
I, in my limited knowledge, have not seen Tyrant teleporting or flying FTL.

I am also in the complete dark as to how fast his flight speed is. For example, we have a scan of Thanos opening portals into Death's dimension - how would FTL speed help there?

Honestly not seen scans of this.

h1a8
I, in my limited knowledge, have not seen Tyrant teleporting or flying FTL.

I am also in the complete dark as to how fast his flight speed is. For example, we have a scan of Thanos opening portals into Death's dimension - how would FTL speed help there?

Honestly not seen scans of this.

So a being WHO LIVES IN SPACE with the power cosmic that is more powerful than all the other heralds have no means of travel faster than light? Do you believe that? Stop avoiding the question.

Smurph
laughing out loud

only h1 would confidently believe that Thanos cannot open portals and demand specific proof of such and lecture about the need for proof over assumptions...

and a couple pages later, confidently assume without any proof that Tyrant can teleport and travel MFTL and lecture about the need to assume the obvious rather than prove every little point

DarkSaint85
So a being WHO LIVES IN SPACE with the power cosmic that is more powerful than all the other heralds have no means of travel faster than light? Do you believe that? Stop avoiding the question.

laughing out loud

I am asking you for proof. Do you have any? Simple, stop avoiding it or be reported for trolling.

h1a8
laughing out loud

I am asking you for proof. Do you have any? Simple, stop avoiding it or be reported for trolling. So you are indeed trolling.
Asking for proof for something you already know is true is trolling.

Make the official statement: "I honestly do not know or believe that Tryant has any faster than light mode of travel."

You don't get proof because you want to Troll. You get proof because you genuinely don't believe in something or not sure of something.

h1a8
laughing out loud

only h1 would confidently believe that Thanos cannot open portals and demand specific proof of such and lecture about the need for proof over assumptions...

and a couple pages later, confidently assume without any proof that Tyrant can teleport and travel MFTL and lecture about the need to assume the obvious rather than prove every little point So do you honestly believe that Tyrant has no way of traveling FTL? No more trolling the thread. Serious question

DarkSaint85
So you are indeed trolling.
Asking for proof for something you already know is true is trolling.

Make the official statement: "I honestly do not know or believe that Tryant has any faster than light mode of travel."

You don't get proof because you want to Troll. You get proof because you genuinely don't believe in something or not sure of something.

I honestly do not know or believe that Tryant has any faster than light mode of travel.

I also do not know how it matters with dimensional BFR.

Two statements. Without proof, Tyrant can't return in good time. Thanos wins

Smurph
So do you honestly believe that Tyrant has no way of traveling FTL? No more trolling the thread. Serious question Originally posted by cdtm
Seems pretty clear to me. He's posted scans, while you haven't even given a citation.

h1a8
So a being that LIVES in space, has the power cosmic in vast abundance more than any Herald, that feeds off biospheres from star system to star system, has no way of traveling FTL?
Are you serious?
The fact that he has the power cosmic is enough proof.
The fact that he goes from star system to star system feeding is proof.

How would be able to affect ANYTHING in the story if he's confined to a small region of space and no way of having any type of influence on anything? Why was he a threat?

ODG
Well it's on the previous page. Nearly 20 scans from the last few years, if people ever want to use it as a reference. thumb up

DarkSaint85
So a being that LIVES in space, has the power cosmic in vast abundance more than any Herald, that feeds off biospheres from star system to star system, has no way of traveling FTL?
Are you serious?
The fact that he has the power cosmic is enough proof.
The fact that he goes from star system to star system feeding is proof.

How would be able to affect ANYTHING in the story if he's confined to a small region of space and no way of having any type of influence on anything? Why was he a threat?

*shrug* comics.

Do you have any scans, then? We don't give special attributes to characters without any proof. If you don't have any, it's ok to say no.

Galan007
@h1

Here's the thing: typical CB character discussions are based primarily on feats...as in displayed, on-panel showings...not assumptions.

So if you cannot provide any quantifiable proof to substantiate your claims(or to counter the abundance of legitimate scans/arguments that others have presented), then seriously, just stop.

This lowkey trolling thing you're doing here is an old trope, and won't fly for much longer.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
@h1

Here's the thing: typical CB character discussions are based primarily on feats...as in displayed, on-panel showings...not assumptions.

So if you cannot provide any quantifiable proof to substantiate your claims(or to counter the abundance of legitimate scans/arguments that others have presented), then seriously, just stop.

This lowkey trolling thing you're doing here is an old trope, and won't fly for much longer.

Oh he knows. Check page 2/3 of this very thread.

Or page 2 of the Black Widow thread. Where he demands proof galore.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007

Almost 30,000 posts in 17 years --- all of them troll-posts.

ODG
Part of me regrets this... but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>