Ryuk (Death Note) vs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeadpoolXXX
say the following characters' names were individually written in Ryuk's book. which of them could he permanently kill?

1. michael myers
2. jason voorhees
3. freddy krueger
4. the creeper
5. pennywise
6. pinhead
7. the wishmaster / djinn.

for the purpose of this thread, assume that generic instructions in the book are acceptable (i.e "kill michael myers through any means possible"wink.

NemeBro
The only one I am 100% positive would survive is the Djinn, being that he isn't allowed to die per God's will.

DeadpoolXXX
in your opinion, what kind of affect do you think ryuk's abilities would have on the immortal/zombie types (like jason), the demonic types (like pinhead), and the outerversal types (like pennywise)?

NemeBro
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
in your opinion, what kind of affect do you think ryuk's abilities would have on the immortal/zombie types (like jason), the demonic types (like pinhead), and the outerversal types (like pennywise)? So before I address anything, just to clarify afaik there's nothing pointing to the film version (either of them I think) of It being a cosmic being that exists outside of reality and is on par with Maturin.

I am also operating under the assumption that this is Freddy manifesting in the real world as opposed to in the dream world.

As far as that, it's hard to say because if you just write a person's name in the Death Note then it defaults to killing them by heart attack. Which is all well and good, but Jason for example can't be killed by the destruction of his heart, much less a heart attack.

However, in your thread this could be circumvented by letting Ryuk get more specific or creative or per you just saying "by any means possible" to kill characters like this. Maybe Jason Voorhees is killed by falling into a crack into the Earth and all the way down to the Earth's core or something stupid like that? Or a volcano, or he's struck caught in a nuclear testing site, idk.

By my money stuff like this should kill every character in the list save the Djinn (who as stated has their immortality set in stone by a cosmic mandate) and maybe Pinhead (a character I honestly don't know much about only seen the first Hellraiser).

HOWEVER, technically speaking the Death Note was created for the purpose of killing humans. Being that it was never even attempted to be used on even an animal it is an open question whether it could even work on something that was never human like the Creeper or Pennywise (and both technically don't even have names).

So with this said, I think I can safely conclude that Myers, Voorhees, and Krueger could be killed by it because they at least were once human and though superhumanly resilient they are still fully capable of suffering harm, and anything that could completely destroy their body engineered by the Death Note should kill them imo.

The Creeper and Pennywise are more of an open question but if the Note CAN work on them then they should be killable by it as well.

Pinhead I simply don't have the knowledge to say.

And the Djinn simply survives. He is incapable of dying per God's will and that's that. At least as far as I can remember.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.