What if Qui-Gon arrived instead of Yaddle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Theoretical question here, but say that Qui-Gon had been the one who showed up while Dooku was talking to Sidious, and Sidious ordered Dooku to kill him instead.

Would things have gone differently?

Sheev
I don't know if Dooku would have been able to do it tbh. He obviously shared a very strong bond with Qui-Gon.

But at the same time Dooku also knows that if he flatout disobeys Sidious, they'd BOTH get killed.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sheev
I don't know if Dooku would have been able to do it tbh. He obviously shared a very strong bond with Qui-Gon.

But at the same time Dooku also knows that if he flatout disobeys Sidious, they'd BOTH get killed.

Does he know that at this point ?

Underachiever59
Dooku would turn on Sidious. He was furious at the death of Qui-Gon, and already questioning his commitment to Sidious. If Sidious ordered Dooku to kill Qui-Gon, Dooku would decide to fight alongside his padawan one last time. And then they'd both die

McP
I doubt that Dooku's link to Qui-Gon could change his mind at that point; Qui-Gon was still alive when Dooku started to cooperate with Sidious. But if Qui-Gon would be eager to help Dooku change the Republic, perhaps Dooku would chose to attack Sidious along with Qui-Gon. I don't think that Sidious power would be something, that Dooku would be affraid of at this moment. I mean, it's not like Dooku and Qui-Gon would beat Sidious, but I don't think that fear of Sidious' powers would take control over Dooku.

If Qui-Gon would promies him that he will leave the Order, that he will help him to change the galaxy and that he will be training Anakin under Dooku's guidence... I guess that could be enough for Dooku at this state of mind.

I'm just not fure if Jinn would be eager to do or at least say that all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.