Orion vs Supergirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smurph
No BFR

cdtm
Supergirl struggles against Equus and needs bailing out by Val Armorr, while Orion casually takes the entire Green Lantern Corps including Mogo and literally laughs off a beatdown from Superman.

Orion wins with a bit of Astro Force.

Smurph
But, Supergirl can take galaxy busting attacks

cdtm
Originally posted by Smurph

Yeah, but Orion contained a doomsday weapon inside an astro force shield that could implode a quarter of the universe or some such. He was clearly inside the shield with the bomb.

qwertyuiop1998
Supergirl is significant faster than Orion in terms of feats, no?

cdtm
Not really. Orion casually punked Lightray mid blitz, and never had problems with Supermans speed. In addition to his own speed feats from his solo series.

Smurph
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, but Orion contained a doomsday weapon inside an astro force shield that could implode a quarter of the universe or some such. He was clearly inside the shield with the bomb. But he can't output galaxy busting force

zopzop
But he can't output galaxy busting force
He's gonna bust something on her face for sure and it's not Proactive.

Smurph
Idk, Orion seems like he might have performance issues

Impotent and full of rage

cdtm
But he can't output galaxy busting force

Sure he can. If his Astro Force can contain a 3/4 universe buster, logically it can output the same amount. Same energy source, useful for defense or offense.

Smurph
Sure he can. If his Astro Force can contain a 3/4 universe buster, logically it can output the same amount. Logically?

Walk me through that logic

Old Man Whirly!
erm

cdtm
Logically?

Walk me through that logic

Well, if a bomb would take out a quarter of the universe, and Orions astro force shields can block it, that means Orions blasts should be able to take out a quarter of the universe.

It takes energy to block energy, if you can absorb a quarter universe attack, that should translate into unleashing a quarter universe AP in your attacks, because it's the exact same energy source.

Smurph
So Orion is a universe buster?

cdtm
So Orion is a universe buster?

Well... yeah. Or 1/4 of it at least.

I mean, Morrison established a dying Darkseid was dragging the universe down, is it that much of a stretch when Orion is his son?

Smurph
Yeah, I think it's a stretch.

But I also think relying heavily on that Supergirl feat is a stretch, so... jockey

abhilegend
Not really. Orion casually punked Lightray mid blitz, and never had problems with Supermans speed. In addition to his own speed feats from his solo series. Originally posted by cdtm
Well, if a bomb would take out a quarter of the universe, and Orions astro force shields can block it, that means Orions blasts should be able to take out a quarter of the universe.

It takes energy to block energy, if you can absorb a quarter universe attack, that should translate into unleashing a quarter universe AP in your attacks, because it's the exact same energy source.
Orion gets punked lol. Here's what Superman does to him now.

https://ibb.co/FJMX09y
https://ibb.co/nrtfS56
https://ibb.co/D5kd8vZ
https://ibb.co/CvbGVt9

Casually owned him like a ***** lol

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Why does it feel like this thread is made to refute that feat?

abhilegend
Yeah, I think it's a stretch.

But I also think relying heavily on that Supergirl feat is a stretch, so... jockey
Well, there it is.

Smurph
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Why does it feel like this thread is made to refute that feat? I was just trying to decide whether I thought the Orion or the Supergirl feat was more tenuous

But they also both tend to benefit from the Superman comparison so seemed like it was worth a vs thread at any rate

DarkSaint85
Orion grows to the size of a galaxy and Supergirl is unable to tank that.

Smurph
In theory, but in practice... like I said, performance issues

ODG
Well... yeah. Or 1/4 of it at least.

I mean, Morrison established a dying Darkseid was dragging the universe down, is it that much of a stretch when Orion is his son? Let's side aside whatever scrutiny I might have over Orion's feat w/ the Oblivion Bomb. Thor inarguably contained a Life Bomb explosion that was proven to be powerful enough to obliterate 1/5th of the universe.

Are you really suggesting Thor could blast 1/5th of the universe?

cdtm
Originally posted by ODG
Let's side aside whatever scrutiny I might have over Orion's feat w/ the Oblivion Bomb. Thor inarguably contained a Life Bomb explosion that was proven to be powerful enough to obliterate 1/5th of the universe.

Are you really suggesting Thor could blast 1/5th of the universe?

Depende on the context. How he contained it. If he absorbed it into his body/hammer, probably not. If he created a shield of some kind, maybe.

Surviving a thing by sheer durability and constructing a shield repurposed from energy normally relegated to offense are two different things.

I mean, look at Green Lanterns. Kyle Rayner survives the Big Bang, John Stewart tanks an anti-matter planet, Hal Jordan one shots Krona with EM Spectrum avatars.

Adds up, GL's have proven to be potentially THAT powerful.

carver9
How is Orion going to hurt her? Heck, even tickle her. Galaxy busting>>>>>>>>>>>Solar system busting.

Smurph
Abhi and Carver are on the same side mmm

Based off feats, I guess Supergirl could withstand about 500 Orions

abhilegend
Yes!!!!!

cdtm
Abhi and Carver are on the same side mmm

Based off feats, I guess Supergirl could withstand about 500 Orions

Friends in hating Superman. thumb up

https://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Superman-TMOS-1991-052-Page-5-661x1024.jpg

Kara >>>>>>>>>> Kal.

ODG
Depende on the context. How he contained it. If he absorbed it into his body/hammer, probably not. If he created a shield of some kind, maybe. Thor created a mystical vortex shield to contain the Lifebomb after it detonated. So to you, is that proof that Thor can create a mystical vortex that wipes out 1/5th of the universe???

cdtm
Originally posted by ODG
Thor created a mystical vortex shield to contain the Lifebomb after it detonated. So to you, is that proof that Thor can create a mystical vortex that wipes out 1/5th of the universe???

Sure. smile

ODG
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnderstatedBaggyBagworm-max-1mb.gif

Whatever. Can't be bothered to argue against your opinion, mang.

DarkSaint85
ODG is just salty he never wrote that interpretation for his respect thread.

ODG
https://reactiongifs.me/cdn-cgi/imagedelivery/S36QsAbHn6yI9seDZ7V8aA/d9e8167c-00d3-498a-d055-d9e39bdc8600/w=300

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.