Nam-Ek runs the MCU Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Nam-Ek as of his appearance in Flash

Warmup: MCU Winter Soldier (With guns/gear)

1. MCU Black Panther
2. MCU Spider-man
3. MCU She Hulk
4. MCU Groot
5. MCU Abomination
6. MCU Ragnarok Hulk

Boss: MCU Jane Thor

Robtard
Kryptonians are almost as fast as the Flash according to the Flash, plus have top tier strength and durability and armor that is top tier durable.

He should clear. Only chance is if they exploit his mask weakness, but he never drops the fully armoured mode.

The Batman scene isn't a low showing, it's just a super-high showing for Keaton Batman.

Psychotron
As I've said all along for years, MoS Kryptonians have super speed. He clears. No one on the list can touch him if he's not holding back.

Robtard
We've known this since MOS and then shown again in Justice League.

But know we have the Flash saying it along with it being shown again.

playa1258
Plus Keaton took Namek down with a head bomb. It's possible it could have been sensory overload

Psychotron
The mask wasn't broken though.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Robtard
We've known this since MOS and then shown again in Justice League.

There were disingenuous posters here who argued that Superman didn't really have super speed until JL. Then they argued that other Kryptonians didn't have super speed unless they showed it on-screen.

playa1258
Lol probably Silent Master

wakkawakkawakka
Nam-Ek should clear unless She-Hulk gets to break the 4th wall.

Didn't see Love and Thunder so unsure how Jane Foster Thor would hold up.

carver9
Spiderman stops him

FrothByte
The only hope the MCU folks have here is to break the mask, and only Hulk, Abom can for sure do it. Problem is, they're massively outclassed in speed and they don't have AOE's to compensate for it.

Lady Thor has AOE's but I'm can't quite remember enough of her feats to know if her attacks are strong enough to crack that mask. I'll have to rewatch L&T.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Psychotron
There were disingenuous posters here who argued that Superman didn't really have super speed until JL. Then they argued that other Kryptonians didn't have super speed unless they showed it on-screen.

Thats not disingenuous tbh (I mean some people may have been). But It was the lack of evidence. On screen feats are the forum rules, and the only Kryptonian shown moving at super speed in MOS (outside of flight) was Faora.

We can speculate, take our best guess about writers/directors intentions, but without direct quotes from them, or a standard speed clocked on screen, it becomes very subjective to use as a basis for a versus battle.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Thats not disingenuous tbh (I mean some people may have been). But It was the lack of evidence. On screen feats are the forum rules, and the only Kryptonian shown moving at super speed in MOS (outside of flight) was Faora.

We can speculate, take our best guess about writers/directors intentions, but without direct quotes from them, or a standard speed clocked on screen, it becomes very subjective to use as a basis for a versus battle.

Except all Kryptonians have the same powers, so it made no sense for one to have super speed, while the others did not. Anyway, this argument has been laid to rest by The Flash. Now we know that even unnamed Kryptonian grunts are fast enough to hit Barry.

carver9
Namek was weak AF in the latest Flash movie. He got knocked out by a grenade and was too slow to tag Batman.

9jaboy
Yeah Lol , Some of them are here laughing out loud

FrothByte

My stance previously was that while Kryptonians could move at super speed, they could only do so in quick bursts and while utilizing simple actions. That's because that was what what shown in MOS.

No continuous use of superspeed, no complex actions done at superspeed. It was mostly relegated to bullrushing.

That changed in Justice League when Superman was playing tag with Flash, but then again that was just Superman and there's been a lot of talk that Superman seemed to have gotten a powerboost in JL. We can't apply the same feats to the rest of the Kryptonians seeing as Kal-el was able to fully absorb the sun's powers for many years whereas Nam-ek couldn't fly or even remove his mask on Earth.

I haven't watched The Flash yet so I'm unsure just how much true "superspeed" the Kryptonians display in that movie.

Robtard
Barry says "they're almost as fast as us" and they're shown reacting to the Flash, though at slower speeds from the Flash's perspective.

These are mostly no name Kryptonians who can't fly and are not acclimated to Earth's atmosphere yet. Just a bit of solar soaking.

The flight aspect seems to be a matter of wanting/willing to fly. As Kal grew up on Earth, yet couldn't fly well into adulthood, until he focused enough. While Zod learned to fly after a very short period.

Psychotron
Originally posted by 9jaboy
Yeah Lol , Some of them are here laughing out loud

Carver's not even disingenuous, he actually believes the retardation that comes out of his keyboard.

Originally posted by FrothByte
I haven't watched The Flash yet so I'm unsure just how much true "superspeed" the Kryptonians display in that movie.

A random kryptonian soldier almost took Barry's head off while Barry was charging at super speed.

carver9
So Batman didn't knock Namek out? If so, how?

Psychotron
Originally posted by carver9
So Batman didn't knock Namek out? If so, how?

That's a very high feat for Batman. Nam-Ek still gets all of his MoS feats, so he scales off Superman.

Darth Thor
My stance previously was that while Kryptonians could move at super speed, they could only do so in quick bursts and while utilizing simple actions. That's because that was what what shown in MOS.

No continuous use of superspeed, no complex actions done at superspeed. It was mostly relegated to bullrushing.

That changed in Justice League when Superman was playing tag with Flash, but then again that was just Superman and there's been a lot of talk that Superman seemed to have gotten a powerboost in JL. We can't apply the same feats to the rest of the Kryptonians seeing as Kal-el was able to fully absorb the sun's powers for many years whereas Nam-ek couldn't fly or even remove his mask on Earth.

And that was all reasonable. We cant just go all h1a8 and assume things, because 1)as weve seen with h1a8 without direct quotes, directors intention is very subjective and 2)its difficult to debate based on assumptions unless all debaters can agree on said assumptions.

We need the rule of On Screen Feats to have a baseline for versus forum debates.

Except all Kryptonians have the same powers, so it made no sense for one to have super speed, while the others did not. Anyway, this argument has been laid to rest by The Flash. Now we know that even unnamed Kryptonian grunts are fast enough to hit Barry.

Well they did not, as they could not all fly and they had a mask weakness. It clearly took time to develop their full power set.

But yes, Flash changes a lot.

Psychotron
Well they did not, as they could not all fly and they had a mask weakness. It clearly took time to develop their full power set.

But yes, Flash changes a lot.

The mask blocked their senses, flight and heat vision, but the sun gave them their super strength and speed as demonstrated by Faora's speed.

But as you said, the Flash has put away all that, so whatever.

carver9
That's a very high feat for Batman. Nam-Ek still gets all of his MoS feats, so he scales off Superman.

Dont think that's how this works. Even in MOS, bullets were impacting him. You all overrated TF outta him.

Robtard
The bat-bombs were a ridiculous outlier, as we've seen Nam-Ek take direct punches from Superman and not be KO'd

Jaden_3.0
Stopped at Groot because

"I am Groot" - Groot.

In case you are wondering that translates as "I beat Namek in a fight" He says it several times and so is canon.

#TrueFacts

Darth Thor
The bat-bombs were a ridiculous outlier, as we've seen Nam-Ek take direct punches from Superman and not be KO'd

I think the issue is hitting him in the first place despite Kryptionian speed.

The bombs were Bat bombs, so that explains that.

Psychotron
Dont think that's how this works. Even in MOS, bullets were impacting him. You all overrated TF outta him.

The bullets didn't hurt him. They best you can say is that machine gun fire from a jet pushed him back one time, but that didn't cause any physical damage. He took punches from Superman and a giant train composition explosion without any damage. He took missile fire from jets and the Batwing in both movies and he didn't suffer any damage. You may as well argue that Hulk was hurt by bullets in Avengers because he he put his hand in front of his face when the jet was firing at him.

carver9
The bullets didn't hurt him. They best you can say is that machine gun fire from a jet pushed him back one time, but that didn't cause any physical damage. He took punches from Superman and a giant train composition explosion without any damage. He took missile fire from jets and the Batwing in both movies and he didn't suffer any damage. You may as well argue that Hulk was hurt by bullets in Avengers because he he put his hand in front of his face when the jet was firing at him.

So him screaming out in pain doesn't dictate "pain"/hurt? I learn something new every day.

The Hulk and Namek scenes are completely different. Nice try though

Robtard
Nam-Ek did a minor groan when the A-10's 30mm gatling gun sent him flying back, he was no worse for wear though.

FrothByte

To be fair, Hulk putting his hand up to cover himself from jet fire but still retaining his footing IS a better durability feet than Nam-ek getting knocked down by jet fire.

I'm not saying Hulk can beat Nam-ek, just pointing out that these two feats aren't equal.

Nam-ek's main advantage over Hulk is speed, not durability.

Robtard
What's Hulk weigh, 1200-1400 pounds? Stands to reason he's far less likely to get sent flying from a 20mm gun than 400ish pound Nam-ek is to be sent flying from a 30mm gun

The A-10's gun is an anti-ground weapon and it's designed to take out tanks. The F-22's gun isn't.

Not that the A10's gun would hurt the Hulk either. But he has a massive weight advantage when it comes to being tossed.

ShadowFyre
I agree with the flight Park I think it's Superman hadn't shown that he could fly God wouldn't have even known he could

carver9
Here's the scene. Please listen to Nam screaming. Causing physical external damage does not equal not being hurt. Thor lightning sent Hulk flying in their fight but I would be looney to say it did nothing to Hulk due to having no external damage.

https://youtu.be/Md2B3M8S_sY

He was on the ground for a bit too. I just want you to listen to the scream.

ShadowFyre
What's Hulk weigh, 1200-1400 pounds? Stands to reason he's far less likely to get sent flying from a 20mm gun than 400ish pound Nam-ek is to be sent flying from a 30mm gun

The A-10's gun is an anti-ground weapon and it's designed to take out tanks. The F-22's gun isn't.

Not that the A10's gun would hurt the Hulk either. But he has a massive weight advantage when it comes to being tossed.

Was about to say something along the lines of weight and weapons but this seems legit

Robtard
Here's the scene. Please listen to Nam screaming. Causing physical external damage does not equal not being hurt. Thor lightning sent Hulk flying in their fight but I would be looney to say it did nothing to Hulk due to having no external damage.

https://youtu.be/Md2B3M8S_sY

He was on the ground for a bit too. I just want you to listen to the scream.

Happens at 1:06 marker and you're acting like he was screaming to high heaven. Just isn't so.

At 3:45 he takes a direct hit from Superman's heatvisiion, knocks him back a bit, but he's visibly no worse for it.

Would you argue that A-10 gatling gun > Kryptonian heatvision?

FrothByte

Considering Nam-ek is 8 feet tall and has some hefty armor, I'd say he's probably closer to 600 pounds.

That said, I don't know enough about guns to compute the difference in firepower between the two scenes. My only point was that we can't quite equate them.

Weight doesn't really seem to matter that much in superhero physics, otherwise Hulk should never have been able to stop the leviathan with a punch and Thor shouldn't be able to send Hulk flying with a hammer hit and Luke Cage shouldn't be able to just shoulder block an SUV.

carver9
Happens at 1:06 marker and you're acting like he was screaming to high heaven. Just isn't so.

At 3:45 he takes a direct hit from Superman's heatvisiion, knocks him back a bit, but he's visibly no worse for it.

I'm saying he didn't TANK it, and looking at everything that happened (him flying off, him screaming) is enough proof imo. Add that too Batman hurting him with some grenades, Spiderman annihilates him after a good fight.

Robtard
Considering Nam-ek is 8 feet tall and has some hefty armor, I'd say he's probably closer to 600 pounds.

That said, I don't know enough about guns to compute the difference in firepower between the two scenes. My only point was that we can't quite equate them.

Weight doesn't really seem to matter that much in superhero physics, otherwise Hulk should never have been able to stop the leviathan with a punch and Thor shouldn't be able to send Hulk flying with a hammer hit and Luke Cage shouldn't be able to just shoulder block an SUV.

Fair enough on the armor adding weight thumb up

The 30mm Nam-Ek took is a much more powerful, it's designed to obliterate armored ground vehicles, punching through them and killing the occupants inside. The gun the Hulk took is designed to punch through unarmed jets and such. Not that it's weak, being a 20mm gun.

Kinda does when we're applying it to something in real life we can measure.

Also should be noted that Kryptonian armor is ridiculously durable, able to withstand hits from powered up Kryptonians, even the full 'glass' face mask is uber. Not sure it's that standard or if it somehow got some kind of amp being on Earth.

carver9

Batman armor withstood an ongoing blast from Superman heat vision when he fought the JLA. confused

Yes I would argue that since again, Batman withstood an ongoing blast of heat vision from a a pissed Superman when he was taking on the JLA.

Psychotron
So him screaming out in pain doesn't dictate "pain"/hurt? I learn something new every day.

The Hulk and Namek scenes are completely different. Nice try though

Groaning isn't the same as screaming.

To be fair, Hulk putting his hand up to cover himself from jet fire but still retaining his footing IS a better durability feet than Nam-ek getting knocked down by jet fire.

I'm not saying Hulk can beat Nam-ek, just pointing out that these two feats aren't equal.

Nam-ek's main advantage over Hulk is speed, not durability.

This wasn't a durability test. Nam-Ek wasn't damaged, he was just pushed back and unless we're going to argue that those bullets hurt Nam-Ek more than Superman's punches, this is a pointless discussion.

NotAllThatEvil2

Darth Thor
Batman armor withstood an ongoing blast from Superman heat vision when he fought the JLA. confused

When was that ?!

Psychotron
In the Snyder Cut. Alfred and Bruce reverse-engineered Kryptonian armor and used it to create the gauntlets which blocked Superman's heat vision for a few seconds. Superman still overloaded them. Carver forgot to mention that part.

carver9
Can't remember that scene. When did they amp Batman armor?

Psychotron
Well, you can't remember a movie you never watched. No, watching the fight scenes on youtube doesn't count.

carver9
I've watched the movie. Back your claim and either post or tell me where it happened.

Robtard
Carver be silly

Robtard

Yes I would argue that since again, Batman withstood an ongoing blast of heat vision from a a pissed Superman when he was taking on the JLA.

No it didn't, it withstood a few seconds and then was damaged beyond use, here is the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2cCxcnexU

You're lying again. As Krptonian heatvision melts steel girders like they're icecream and cuts through buildings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVco65KekFo

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Stopped at Groot because

"I am Groot" - Groot.

In case you are wondering that translates as "I beat Namek in a fight" He says it several times and so is canon.

#TrueFacts laughing out loud thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by playa1258
Lol probably Silent Master yup

Robtard
SM rage quit the GDF after DDM left KMC on Jan 6th 2021. Then ragequit KMC altogether not long after.

People that love to dish out, but can't take it back even a little bit.

Old Man Whirly!
SM rage quit the GDF after DDM left KMC on Jan 6th 2021. Then ragequit KMC altogether not long after.

People that love to dish out, but can't take it back even a little bit. This is true. smile

Psychotron
I've watched the movie. Back your claim and either post or tell me where it happened.

If you had watched the movie, none of this would a mystery to you. Robtard already posted the clip of Superman melting the gauntlets, but since you're asking for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRLfiYbeg48&ab_channel=ClipsHD

Robtard
I think Carver gets high on his own farts and then starts posting. Only real explanation.

Darth Thor
In the Snyder Cut. Alfred and Bruce reverse-engineered Kryptonian armor and used it to create the gauntlets which blocked Superman's heat vision for a few seconds. Superman still overloaded them. Carver forgot to mention that part.

Hmm need to rewatch the Snyder cut. They referenced the Barry saving Iris scene in Flash and It might as well be the canon version given this series of films have come to an end.

Officially though, the theatrical cut is the canon one. But that was when they assumed the films would continue.

Psychotron
I think Carver gets high on his own farts and then starts posting. Only real explanation.

He could be getting high on someone else's farts. You never know.

Hmm need to rewatch the Snyder cut. They referenced the Barry saving Iris scene in Flash and It might as well be the canon version given this series of films have come to an end.

Officially though, the theatrical cut is the canon one. But that was when they assumed the films would continue.

I know, but Batman never blocked heat vision in the theatrical cut.

9jaboy
I'm saying he didn't TANK it, and looking at everything that happened (him flying off, him screaming) is enough proof imo. Add that too Batman hurting him with some grenades, Spiderman annihilates him after a good fight. The speed feat for the kriptonians drove you nuts right? I know your pain.
laughing Namek would destroy both the hulk and Abom at the same time,
I agree Spiderman >>>Hulk if that's what you meant laughing

9jaboy
Carver's not even disingenuous, he actually believes the retardation that comes out of his keyboard.

You're saying Carver can decide to intentionally lie to himself and then believe his own lie as the truth? That has to be a superpower.

Psychotron
No, he's just so biased that he'll distort the evidence in his mind to confirm his bias.

FrothByte
Finally watched The Flash and I have to say, this movie did not do any favors for the Kryptonians. Outside of that one instance where a random Kryptonian cut Flash's face almost by accident, the kryptonians were mostly statues against the Flashes and were getting taken out by single punches and kicks from the Flashes.

Even Faora was completely helpless against Flash and got outright blitzed. Based on this movie, I think it's fair to say the JL Superman was quite faster than the rest of the Kryptonians.

Robtard
Finally watched The Flash and I have to say, this movie did not do any favors for the Kryptonians. Outside of that one instance where a random Kryptonian cut Flash's face almost by accident, the kryptonians were mostly statues against the Flashes and were getting taken out by single punches and kicks from the Flashes.

Even Faora was completely helpless against Flash and got outright blitzed. Based on this movie, I think it's fair to say the JL Superman was quite faster than the rest of the Kryptonians. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg were like statues to the Flash and Kal in JL.

Wasn't the same in The Flash, unless I'm completely remembering wrong, not statues, just slower.

carver9

Even Faora was completely helpless against Flash and got outright blitzed. Based on this movie, I think it's fair to say the JL Superman was quite faster than the rest of the Kryptonians.

Or Flash was just far faster in this movie.

FrothByte
Plus Namek was so slow he couldn't keep up with Batman. The only reason I still think he has a chance in this gauntlet is because of his MOS feats. If we based it solely on his feats from the Flash then he gets stomped by Hulk.

carver9
He couldn't even get a solid hit on Batman, the he got koed. People are ignoring this though.

FrothByte
Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg were like statues to the Flash and Kal in JL.

Wasn't the same in The Flash, unless I'm completely remembering wrong, not statues, just slower.

There was a scene where the Flashes bullrushed the Kryptomians and they all were completely suspended in the air, motionless, while the Flashes knocked them out with a punch or kick each.

Psychotron
And yet, Flash and Supergirl together lost to Zod.

FrothByte
And yet, Flash and Supergirl together lost to Zod.

Technically, Zod didn't truly defeat the Flashes. He just managed to kill Supergirl despite the Flash interfering, and then the Flashes kept resetting the timeline everytime Supergirl or Batman got killed. But Zod was unable to kill any of the Flashes.

In any case, Namek isn't Zod.

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.