Raven vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GalacticStorm
Unkindness Raven as she was at the end of Future State, vs Superboy Prime in his last appearance.

Who wins and why?

Stoic
Raven gets my vote for the extremely underwhelming portrayal of the Darkest Knight.

Diesldude
Prime ***** slaps her and takes her power.

Diesldude
You can add phoenix all versions plus rhe presence, Perpetua, Thanos with the regulatore after he absorbs tOAA and prime still wins.

Stoic
Why would you say that? Darkest Knight jobbed harder than Firelord after he let Spiderman beat him into the shadow zone.

Juntai
Prime is tough to gauge because he just breaks the rules on a whim. lol.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Stoic
Why would you say that? Darkest Knight jobbed harder than Firelord after he let Spiderman beat him into the shadow zone.

THIS! thumb up

Darkest Knight jobbed. It was CIS. He had access to all that power, Dr Manhattans powerset and all of that siphoned crisis energy and yet he chose to engage Prime in simple fisticuffs.

Ultimately Prime got cancelled by the end of the battle and Darkest Knight moved on to his next battle.

Raven after absorbing the most powerful parts of all DC creation wouldve been more powerful than Darkest Knight

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
Prime is tough to gauge because he just breaks the rules on a whim. lol.

Yet he retains limits and exploitable weaknesses.

He can be harmed by sufficient amounts of quantum energy as we saw in Countdown. Even with all of that Guardian energy he still got slept by that Monarch explosion. He wouldnt have access to that here.

He can be harmed by heat vision as we saw in Final Crisis Legion of 3 Worlds when Superboys heat vision was sufficient to sear Primes flesh and scar him.

We also saw in Shazam that Prime can be taken down by potent magical force. Unkindness by the end of Future State is the definition of potent.

lawest9
Originally posted by Diesldude
You can add phoenix all versions plus rhe presence, Perpetua, Thanos with the regulatore after he absorbs tOAA and prime still wins. Are you saying that Prime is greater than GOD??????

h1a8
Prime is fast and has one of the best strength feats in all of comics. Speed is the key. Prime wins.

With that said, Prime has been written to be immune to magic and also susceptible. Contradictory showings. But for the most part (the majority of the time) he has been shown immune (or nigh resistant). So we go with that over the contrary.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Prime is fast and has one of the best strength feats in all of comics. Speed is the key. Prime wins.

With that said, Prime has been written to be immune to magic and also susceptible. Contradictory showings. But for the most part (the majority of the time) he has been shown immune (or nigh resistant). So we go with that over the contrary.

But he sat there on a stone without an inkling of what to do until it presented itself, which he then flew into DK with his fists. If we were to use DK in a forum match vs Prime it would be a no contest as we would come to the realization that at any moment during the fight, DK had the power to place Prime in a never ending time loop.

There was a time in Primes history that he had no powers. DK could simply dial back the clock to the time and there would have been no fight.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by h1a8

Not necessarily a contradiction at all. It just shows that Prime is magic resistant not immune. With sufficient magical force his resistance can be overcome as demonstrated by the required double attack from BA and Shazam

h1a8
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Not necessarily a contradiction at all. It just shows that Prime is magic resistant not immune. With sufficient magical force his resistance can be overcome as demonstrated by the required double attack from BA and Shazam Let me just say this. Those times either had Prime tanking magical forces significantly more powerful than the ones he got hurt from (contradictory) or they were they exact same attacks he was shown immune (not phased) from as he was hurt from (contradictory).

I don't mind Prime being nigh resistant vs immune (I don't do no limit fallacies anyway). But to say that it will take the lesser amount in a forum to hurt him when he was shown resistant to higher amounts is silly.

My take is: a forum character is only resistant to what the highest they've been shown to resist in comics. Therefore, if said character face a character that can exert greater then said character will be significantly affected by that character in a forum fight.

Diesldude
This is Prime when he was toying with batmanhatten high off of crises energy and was greater than perpetua.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Diesldude
This is Prime when he was toying with batmanhatten high off of crises energy and was greater than perpetua.

By all intents and purposes said Prime ended up expired as he bit more than he could chew.

Was a good showing from him but ultimately thats besides the point when he got cancelled.

Correct me if im wrong but wouldnt Unkindness be on a greater level than Perpetua or Darkest Knight having absorbed all of DC, more than just the multiverse that Perpetua was responsible for?

Diesldude

GalacticStorm

GalacticStorm
The mad thing is, you say crazy things like Prime is greater than the Presence, yet accuse me of fanboy behaviour? eek!

Regardless of whether you agree with my perspectives or not, they never fail to be backed by evidence explicitly stating the points im making.

And where my opponents make valid, well evidenced points, i acknowledge and accept them. Only gotta look at this forums 1st page to see Juntai make me realise i was looking at things from the wrong perspective in the Raven vs Phoenix thread, or the Phoenix vs Hal thread I stated without hesitation that Spectre beats Jean Phoenix.

There's a difference between someone having perspectives you don't agree with and fanboyism.

You would never get me saying Phoenix is greater than TOAA erm

Diesldude

Stoic
Prime is extremely resistant to magic, not immune. Mordru is big time for some, while puny compared to others. I give Raven a decent chance here. Unless he retcon punches her out of existence? Even so, how would that stop her from coming back?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.