The Dark Crystal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geldorn
What do you think about The Dark Crystal by Jim Henson and Frank Oz?

After 20 years it still remains an impressive film, I saw it when I was about 6 and up to this point no other movie has influenced me more than this one. It's a real work of art and although it does not compare to the scale of Lord of the Rings it is every bit as powerful.

Many people find The Labyrinth better but it doesn't have the same emotional impact as TDC.

If only they'd make more films like this....

Any other fans out there? wink

jesusfreak
I haven't seen the Dark Crystal for some time now, but I agree, it was a neat film, especially for the time. I remember having a record book of it as a kid and playing it over and over. Henson/Oz were always a good combination. Nice to have a reminder after all these years...

jesusfreak

drunkpesant
i have never seen dark crystal but i ahve seen labrynth and i thought it was one of the best movies ever made i would liek to see dark crystal but would rather see labrynth then it any day

TedO
I do in fact thin Labrynth wasa better movie. Mainly because of the whole "you remind me of the babe" part stick out tongue

But seriously, they were both great in their own way, but I really can't pick one as better than the other, even now when so much time has past since I've first seen either of them.

DeepThought
Wasn't George Lucas involved in this too? (both of the movies?)

LilyGinnyBlack
I LOVE The Dark Crystal and I'm thirteen, that means that by the time I saw it and was old enough to remember it, it would be consider fake looking. But, I love it and find it to be special in its own way. I also LOVE the Labrynth. May friend also liked The Dark Crystal, we watched it at a sleep over, but all the other kids were like that was stupid and fake looking. Yet, they tend not to look deeper into a film, they don't search for what makes a movie special, kids nowadays, they just want what is right there in front of them! I find that annoying and horrible in my gen. of kids, it is a trait that we lack in. They also have to remember the time in which the movie was made. I think both movies are AWESOME and they are just two GREAT fantasy movies, they in a way, are like classical fantasy movies, that have long since been forgotten. . . sad

LilyGinnyBlack
PS. I'm a Harry Potter fan too! I hope that helps you understand my sig.! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.