vader / anakin's tone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xantos Clone
has anyone noticed the manner in wich jake loyd as anakin speaks and the way vader speaks in OT?...there are sometimes a similar tone and mannerism that I am not sure if it's nothing or good directing....

Listen to the way vader says :
"HE... will come to ME?.."
(int ROTJ when the emperor says that Luke will seak out vader and try to turn him to the light side)

Then listen to jake loyd say :
"I...get to come with YOU on your starship?"
(in TPM when anakin is told by Qui-Gon that he will go with him to be a jedi possibly) Also, the way he turns his head seams like early flashes of vader...

Is this all in my head or does anyone know what I mean?....

Dim
Yeah now that you mention it I know what you mean....I hope Hayden does the same thing or I'm going to notice now smile

Xantos Clone
.....anyone else have a thought on this.....

King Jedi
I think it was just good acting by Jake Lloyd and I hope Hayden does the same. I think in EP2 he will be a lot like Luke was in ESB.

Dim
Hmmm, I don't know...I read on one fan report that said that they got a chance to see him in Seville and he seems like of spooky....this could be interesting...

King Jedi
I just watched a film called Freefall which had Hayden Christensen in it. I only saw the last half hour and the film was really bad but he was good. He wasn't the pretty boy I was expecting and did look quite dark. He also had a couple of crying scenes and I just kept seeing him doing that in Ep2. I feel releived now that I know the guy can act.

Dim
I'm very glad to hear that Hayden doesn't come across like a Backstreet Boy... Especially when he's the romantic lead opposite Natalie. I have to hand it to GL he did a good job picking young actors who seem real.

King Jedi
That's what I was most worried about. That he would look like a boyband member, but he doesn't. I think Lucas has picked the perfect choice.

Dim
Yeah, I just saw the video from Seville...He almost looks a little rough and tumble...I wonder if he'll seem like that in the movie.

King Jedi
The other thing I noticed from the film was his height. He was really tall but he will still have to do some weight training to make us beleive that he becomes Vader.

JediOasis
Will Hayden suit up in the Vader suit? He is a big enough guy, but will Lucas go with someone else?

Dim
Oh jeesh, I hope not..I would like to see Hayden as the only Vader in the prequels..but I guess it's a possiblity that they might go with someone else.

Gundark
Uh, excuse the dumb question, but is Dave Prowse dead ?

queeq
Not as far as I know. He's probably touring and boasting he's the REAL Vader. Oooooooh....

Dim
Actually, I bet you're right. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Actually he does a LOT of charity work in his personna as the Green Cross road safety man and also a lot of Sci Fi conventions.

queeq
And that's very good. But he also BOASTS alot about being Vader.

COREWORLD
Yeah, when i was talking to him at a convention once, he did seem a little put out at the fact someone else would be playing Vader in the prequels, but he did express an interest at donning the suit once more for Episode III, but after the fall out in ROTJ, of which he is still quite bitter, it looks highly unlikely.

krado7000
im sure he's not dead cause my auntie's friend goes out with him.

queeq
Really? That's pretty interesting. Does he wear the suit at dates? laughing out loud

krado7000
laughing out loud yeah, would be a good conversation starter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.