Lovely Present...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well I am back early from my skiing trip. I was supposed to get back Tuesday but then my friends called me there and told me to come home and that it was an emergency. Well when we got home they gave us a pretty nice suprise! smile They thought that we could use a nice vacation down in Spain! I am good friends with Stephan Dayerk, a CEO of a Bayern Realty Service. He use to be on of us agriculturalists but he switched into his business 4 years ago! smile Anywhooo, he is one of the few that appreciates how hard me and my buddies work so he bought me, my wife, my buddies and their wives, a one week vacation in Spain! Don't worry about the animals though, he has hired some of his employees to watch them! This was completely unexpected, and we greatly appreciated the present. He though we could use the sunshine since its been blizzards and snowblocks for the last 2 months. He said that there are computers at the resort, but its 1.152 DM per minute! Talk about murder! smile But I am going to try to negotiate ways of speaking with you guys! smile The other bad thing, is their computers are only in Spanish and Portuguese, so I will have to manage!! Wish me luck, plane leaves tomorrow! smile

theEviljedi
Watch out for those bulls.laughing out loud

queeq
Lucky you, wish I could join you. Be sure to eat plenty of pealla.

queeq abides

finti
ehh, you mean paella I presume, or is this a dish served at ANBMB. smile

Dim
Oooooooooooooh smile

How come this kind of thing never happens to me?!..oh well. Have a great trip UBH.

Gundark
Bon Voyage, UBH. Send us some pics when you get back. smile

Ratcat
UBH, you have a great time. Spain is a beautiful country to visit. Have a glass of Sangrea for me will ya.

Never mind Dimmy, maybe someone will take you on a nice trip someday.

queeq
Errrrrrrr....well....yes..YES, err... pealla is dish served in the ANBMB...err... yes... Gundy will all mmake you some. And it's on the house. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, paella. Scrummy.

queeq
Errrm... no....pealla. Hehehehe. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Well, I'll stick with what I know thanks.... And there was me thinking that was shrimp....laughing out loud

Dim
Okay..what's Pealla/paella?..I've heard of it...but I've never had it.

Ratcat
PAELLA is a rice dish that is cooked with seafood, checken, peas and other vegtables.

Typically seafoods such as crab, macherel, cod, shrimp and octopus can be used.

Dim
Hmmmmm..yummy.

Ratcat
See, not just me who likes it.

finti
Gundark, besides paella is the National dish of Spain.
Seafoodsick

queeq
Well, you can dump anything you like in it, really. But seafood's the best.... for some.

queeq abides

Ratcat
There is a "Official" spnish recipe, also includes whole mussels and other shell fish.

queeq
There you go. Sounds very nice. Please give it to me.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Well, I'll have to dig it out for you...

queeq
Oh...

queeq abides

Ratcat
Anyway, I wonder if UBH is having a good time.

Gundark
He's probably having such a good time he forgot all about us. OR.....told too many people about us and now he's locked up in a Spanish looney bin. laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Maybe he tried bullfighting.... RIP.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Well, look on the bright side why dontcha...

queeq
Okay.

Bullfighting sounds very exciting. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Actually it is a cruel and barbaric "sport" IMOSVHO

Raz
Are you a vegetarian RC?

Ratcat
No, but when I east a Big Mac, I don't stick spears in the cows back and let it run itself into exhaustion before I grill it up....

Raz
So you think poking a spike in a live cows head, and electrocuting it until its dead, then grilling its remains isn't cruel?.........

Ratcat
Possibly, but at least it's quick. And they don't poke the spike in, they place it on either side of the head.

If we're gonna get philisophical about it, which could be interesting, then there is a world of difference between killing an animal for food and abusing/killing an animal for blood lust and sport.

Raz
Yes there is, and I personally don't condone either one of them.

Ratcat
I can respect that. The debate of "Animals as Food" has been going on for many, many years.
I can see the value in the augments and, as a matter of fact, have been swayed by them to reduce my intake of meat products.
I would always fight for the humane slaughter of livestock, but I also feel that we, as humans, evolved with a physiology that was designed to consume both carnivorously and herbivorously.
IMHO OC

Raz
If it is possible to survive as herbivores, then why take the life of living animals unnecessarily?
How can there be a "humane" way of killing an animal???
Does that mean the killing where the least blood is spilt?? It can't be when the animal feels the least amount of pain, as we have absolutely no definite proof which method hurts the animal the least.

Gundark
You are correct Raz. Since they can't talk, we will NEVER know the extent of animal suffering some humans inflict. I TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY agree with RC about bullfighting. When they have the "running of the bulls" in Spain, I cheer when I see some idiot get run down and mutiliated. I do not watch on television nor patronize rodeos and circuses. Wild animals belong exactly there...IN THE WILD. Elephants,tigers and other animals that are forced to perform stupid tricks for an audience of morons is so incredibly horrible..the general public has no way of knowing the suffering these animals endure behind the scenes and their confined, suffocating lives in cages. IMVHO, OC.

queeq
O stop, I can't take it anymore. You guys are making me hungry. I want a burger now. Or a steak. Or a T-Bone. Yam Yam. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Oh, so kill me cos I eat meat......

I was actually come down against a barbaric sport so why do I feel that I'm being put upon for eating meat?

I hate to point this out, but I probably in the majority, not the minority here so how about getting on someone elses case...sad

Me? Well I'm off to Burger King!!!

queeq
Oooooh can I come too? Can I come too?

queeq abides

Ratcat
I've got a better idea, How about a nice Filet Steak, with all the fixin's?

queeq
Whatever. As long as it once belonged to a cow.

queeq abides

Raz
Why not try the Vegetarian Deluxe?
It *is* the "humane" thing to get smile

queeq
That's the kind of meat that looks like meat, but it isn't. Where's the fun in that?
If you don't like meat, don't eat pretence. That's what I say. Go on and eat like a rabbit enjoy. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Hey, I eat like a rabbit 5 times a week. Please don't ruin the two meals a week that I still enjoy.

What makes me laugh is the audacity we have to use a word like humane, a derivative of the word human, to refer to the treatment of animals. What we consider humane may not seem like it to a cow....

queeq
Heck, we run people in an economic treadmill. Is that humane. Humanity is nuts, eating grass won't help.

queeq abides

Raz

Ratcat
Ok, so that's what I said, just without the Oxford English....laughing out loud

queeq
Interesting how a nice thread like UBH telling us about his vacation can turn into a veggy-meaty battle. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Raz
I think its our destiny to go off topic... laughing out loud

Gosh22
::You will go off topic::

Gundark
I never go off topic until queeq comes along and drags me into his wretched hive of scum and villany. laughing out loud

BTW, welcome Gosh22. smile

Dim
Hmmmmm...chicken laughing out loud

Gundark
And I thought Dim was my friend. sad

Ratcat
There's a lot about Dim that is yet to be discovered...

Gundark
Here we go..pulling skeletons out of the closet again. laughing out loud

Ratcat
OH, I'm not even sure she's put them away yet. laughing out loud

Dim
What did I do?

Ratcat
Nothing..... Yet! But hey, it's only February!!!! laughing out loud

Gundark
Time to send valentines !!!! smile

Ratcat
Oh please, you mean you don't have that organised yet?

Gundark
Well....I've planned my menu and my seduction but haven't bought a card yet. stick out tongue

Ratcat
Darn, seduction is on hold sad but I have my plans afoot...

Gundark
Of that I have no doubt...remember, RC...patience is a virtue. smile

Ratcat
But have have no virtue..... laughing out loud

Dim
I'm doomed!!!! *sob*

Ratcat
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud
Easy girl!

Where's that cat come from?

Who's bag is this?

Gundark
Hmmm...I don't think I wanna know whats in THAT bag. laughing out loud

queeq
I do. Open it up. If it's any good I'll cook it up for you and serve it for breakfast, Gundy-dear.

So, the girls are easy now.... hmmmmmmmmmmm.... no, too easy. laughing out loud
Time for a new girl, one who know how to play hard-to-get.

queeq abides

finti
Come to Norway queeq the girls here will give you a frostbitesmile

queeq
But I am very good a thawing. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Frostbit? Thawing? Chratsmas Carols in the ANBMB? queeq, you have some serious post Christmas issues going on there.

queeq
Maybe Dim caused some brain damage when she knocked me down. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Yeah, that would explain it but it doesn't explain a Chratsmas carol. (whoopsie) laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
I can't remember ever singing a Chratsmas (??) carol. But these brain damages can be pretty serious I hear, and what's wrong with Christmas? laughing out loud

Ratcat
Well nothing in December but February is the omonth of love where you should be thinking about the person most special in your heart.

Not plum pudding and tinsle.

finti
Month of love? Again come to Norway and freeze your butt off.More like love in Siberia. Winter has arrived, "surely this is hoth, indeed it is cold as the weatherman has foreseen"

Ratcat
Yeah, but you still have Valentines, right?

queeq
Valentine and the Month of Love??????? The Month of Merchandise if you ask me. And all those love sick fools keep buying all that pink crap.

No, I'll prefer Christmas.

*singing: I'm dreaming of a white Blue Milk*

Ratcat
Oh, your wife must be so lucky.... Jeezz, love is a straneg animal and when it hits it can be a styraneg and confusing experience.... It should be cherished, not belittled.

And besides, I wouls say that Christams is the most commecial of all the holidays and festivals.

Gundark
Christams ? Are those like holy candied yams or something ? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ratcat
OK, so my brain and my fingers don't interface well....

queeq
You're right about Christmas, RC. But at least is does have a meaningful background. Valentine's has none, it is ONLY commercial. There is a difference.

finti
No we dont have valentine, they tried it but it didn`t pick up. I`m glad because it is a ridiculous day. Why do you need a day like valentines day? If you can`t appreciate your loved ones without a day like this then.... If aids & cancer victims could have their own day and people spent just the same aount of money into researc as they do in valentines day mercandise, then the world would have taken a giant step towards being civilized.. JMHO

queeq
Now that is a very good thought, finti. I will refrain from chaos for a while out of respect of what you just said. And I agree, of course...

Ratcat
Actually finti, in the Uk there is a National Aids Day. Not sure if their is a Cancer one though.

queeq
And when will they abolish Valentine's?

Ratcat
Why? It's a nice day. You get to honour the one you truly love.

queeq
Oh....

I do that EVERY day.

Ratcat
Really? Well I guess that depends on how you define honour.

Good for you.

queeq
Do I sense a little cynism there?

Ratcat
Well, to honour in the sense I meant was to do something special, different and maybe a little unexpected (OK, I know valentines is ALWAYS on 14th Feb!!!)

Then there's the honour you build into a good marriage, that's a different thing entirely.

Gundark
Iron bars do not a prison make.

Dim
Hmmmm...Gun's sounding a little cynical tonight..

Ratcat
Why can I here Alanis Morissette singing Isn't it Ironic in my head?

queeq
Valentine is for secret admirers, not for loved ones you already have. Honouring is what one should do every day, in any love relationship.

*Was that me? Being serious and all. *shocked**

Ratcat
Well, I suppose. Guess that saves me sending any cards.

queeq
Unless you have women you secretly admire, of course. "Now's the time", said the salesman of postcards.

Ratcat
No, the woman I admire knows full well. wink

Gundark
RC doesn't need to send cards...he just gives lovely flowers....smile

Ratcat
For you Gundy, always.

finti
flowers? for a jedi come on give me a break.
*finti cuts down the flower field with his imaginary saber.*smile

Ratcat
And that's the end of that chapter and all because UBH got a free holiday!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.