Anyone still in love with the Moulin Rouge??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

808Morpheus
Since my first viewing of the Moulin Rouge, I have on my unexpected occassions caught myself singing a few pieces from the Moulin Rouge, so I was wondering if there are any others out there who also believe that Moulin Rouge is one of the best romantic musicals to come to the silver screen. Any thoughts?

Ushgarak
Moving to movie discussion. And yes, I know several people who are often in Moulin-Rogue mania!

Kes
I liked it a lot. I like musicals and thought i'd be disapointed but suprisingly i liked it. Nicole kidman had a great year and she's great in it. And ewan...man what A VOICE!stick out tongue
Its one of my faves in terms of muscals! Great to the genre!

LilySatine
Moulin Rouge is honestly one of my favourite movies of all times. I know all of the songs by heart. (Pathetic, I know :rolleyessmile I was in a school musical last year, and we sang some songs from the movie. Twas oodles of fun. big grin

Kes
Well one of the things I like about this movie its how they put all this different tipes of songs togther. Not really diffult to sing along, most of them are very well knowen!stick out tongue

LilySatine
I agree! 'Come What May' is probably my favourite song of the entire movie.

Kes
i like 'your song'!stick out tongue

buffymitch
i agree with the thread starter. This is one of the best movies ever. Every time i watch it it feels like i'm inlove.

Senor_Pessoba
its a great movie

BackFire349
never seen it dont plan too

BlueStarlight
It is a good movie. Ewan McGregor has an amzing voice!

808Morpheus
Well that is great to know!! I have to agree the storyline and the songs were well written and fitted the fim perfectly. Amazing, I wish love were like that, but in some cases it is not. I have both CD soundtracks, but my favorite song would be Come What May and the Elephant medley. How about scenes?? what was your favorite scene??

Fire
haven't seen it but the opinions on this movie are so devided that I really want to see it

Kes
My favourete scene is in the biginning when salene thinks Ewan is the duque!

buffymitch
My favourite scene is when they sing the elephant love medley. and were that woman gives a hint to the duke that satine and christian are in love. in this scene you can see that ewan and nicole are great actors

edwinian
100% I can watch this movie and listen to this soundtrack over and over and over and still get as much enjoyment out of it as I did first viewing. One of the best movies EVER>

svicic
I absolutely ADORE this film.When it came out I just kept going to the cinema to see it over and over!I have both Movie soundtracks as well and my favourite songs are pretty much all of them!Escept meet you in the red room- *rocks*.I am word perfect on all the songs and all the words in the film itself.Funny story-some people were watching it and I walked in and they were bout half way through and not even at a very sad bit.Literally I walked in and started crying . Someone said "Hey,whats up, why are you crying?" and I replied "Its just so sad I know whats going to happen!" everyone laughed..... Anyway it really is fantastic.My favourite scene is when they are singing Come What May and they show how they're hiding from the Duke etc
All my friends associate me with being completely obsessed with it!

808Morpheus
As it would be a film to be obsessed with. I totally understand that feeling, and no matter how many times I watch it, I still get goosebumps when I watch the nding. Seeing Christian look at SAtine singing to him about how she wants him to forgive her, and he looks deep at her and suddenly shouts, "Coooome Whaaat Maaay!!" Suddenly he starts walking towards the stage towards Satine, then gets on stage and sings together in harmony!! what a scene!! what a shot! I love that scene.

Or how about the beginning when Christian first arrives to Paris and meets Toulousse!! the scene when Christian breaks out and sings, "The hills are alive with the sound of music" then they use the song during their presentation to the duke. I really do love that movie, and am happy to see that there are still people who think the world of it. What do you think would hae happened, if the duke had gotten his way? How would that have change the outcome of the movie?? Any thoughts??

rogue_jedi
moulin rouge? didnt care for it

KidRock
wasnt this the movie about the sluts or prostitutes?

808Morpheus
NO!! oulin rouge is a film more or less about love, overcoming all obsticles!! that is what the film is about, regardless of what yu may have heard. And Nicloe Kidman, and Ewan M, did a wonderful performance of showing what true love really is all about!

"the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return!!"

Mr.Nobody
I found myself very scared when I turned it on the other day for the first time.
The 'Can-Can' scared me : confused

danabanana
the best part in moulin rouge is at the end when christian and satine are reunited on opening night (it made me cry sad ) lol bout the can can thing!!

808Morpheus
Obviously, everyone is in love withthe last scene of Moulin rouge. I will admit it is thhe highlight of the film, and the most impressionable!! What other scenes are there?>?

Kes
i like when they meet in salines room. when she thinks is the duque!

Julie
don't think I ever really loved this movie it was good but nothing spectacular to me

Kes
i dont love it. it surprised me. i was expecting something terrible!

808Morpheus
Moulin rouge the Horror Flick, complete withthe walking dead Duke, and Satine the Vampiress!!! Meet Christian, the evil mummy and Harold who owns the Moulin rouge is really.... Frankenstien wanna be!!! Filled with chills thrills and many more!!! eek!

I think not! mad

odin
that movie kicked ass!!!

buffymitch
yep i'm still in love with it!!!

808Morpheus
Brillant!!! The movie was one of the best romance films I have ever viewed!! more ideas, please

BlueStarlight
I love the ending with the Christian, Satine and all the rest of the cast sing on stage. I getGoosebumps!

Nefertite
I love Moulin Rouge. I've seen this movie a few weeks ago! I love Nicole and Ewan there!

bigbadbike2
I enjoyed the movie, but I am a fan of musicals. I did think the first 20 or so minutes were confusing. Idecided to stay and watch the rest, and it is now a favorite of mine. That says a lot since I do not normally like romance films.

k8e4eva_84
I loves Moulin Rouge. It was awesome. And I think "Come what May" is one of the most romantic songs I have ever heard. I love Ewan. And I thought Nicole was great also.. You're not alone.

BellaButterfly
I am in love with Moulin rouge!!! I think it is one of the best movies on earth!! I am so obsessed with that movie that sometimes to play around with my cheer friends, while performing at a game I will sing/cheer a song from the movie!! It is kind of sick how I like that movie!
Anyway Moulin ROuge rocks! especially EWan<Hottie!

undomiel
I love that movie
after I saw it I downloaded alot of the songs and I listen to them all the timesmile

808Morpheus
Indeed the movie does bringout romantic characteristics and the love between the characters is real. They love each other and nothing is going to stop that love, even after the tradegic ending with Satine and Christian. (Violin playing in the background)

undomiel
the ending was so sad sad

twelth monkey
Moulin Rouge is not just one of the best musicals of all time, but one of the most amazing audio/visual feasts in movie history! Contary to popular belief its not just for girls! its up there with trainspotting and fight club as my favourite film.

It's just the little touches, the editing during the 'roxanne' tango sequence, the ending, obviously, and the way it lurches from comedy to tradgedy in seconds. its interesting to hear everyones favourite bits - mine is the performance of the play (just before the end)

if anyone hasn't seen it - hurry up and do it!

JackSparrowLuvr
Pirates of the caribbean is my fav

Kes
I completly forgot The wizard of Oz!!!
JSL is POTC a musical? blink

Tired Hiker
Moulin Rouge was pretty good when it wasn't trying to copy Star Wars.

Nefertite
I was surprised of movie's songs because they were from different times cool And some words too like : "Jewels are best girls friends". Merilin Monroe said that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MissesDepp?!
Moulin Rouge= one of my favs ever i know all the words to and i dun think it's pathetic i love your song and the can can

BECAUSE YOU CAN CAN CAN BECAUSE YOU CAN CAN CAN CAN!

has anyone seen the other two in the red carpet collection? Stricktly ballroom and Romeo & Julliet? BazMark is amazing big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.