Tomb Raider!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

808Morpheus
Surprisingly there will be a sequel to Tomb Raider, do you think this is a good choice or a bad one?? I found that the first film was well done and Angela Jolie played the perfect Lara Croft. what do you think?? Do you think the second one will be as good as the first? Why?

I have my speculations. I am hoping that it will be as good as the first one because I really enjoyed the storyline and I felt that it kept pretty close to the really character in video game.

Kes
I think the 2nd is gonna be way better than the 1st! Atleast the trailler looks cool!stick out tongue
Yeh Angelina Jolie is the perfect Lara Croft!smile

buffymitch
I think it will be better than the first. The trailer looks amazing. can't wait to see it. Angelina is LAra Croft. She owns that role. I hope she at least makes anothjer two.

BackFire349
first one sucked major ass.

Senor_Pessoba
i really dont think it will be that good...i havent seen any video game movies that are

808Morpheus
Thanks for your input, I hoping that it will be equivilant to or better than the first. I really enjoyed the first and I agree with everyone that Anglina is theperfect Lara Croft. I hear that there is even some controversy over the poster for the film, how silly!!! What does everyone think about that?big grin

chico23
I really liked the first one. If only for pure entertainment value. I'm afraid the second might be more of "been there, did that". At least thats the impression I get from seeing the trailers.

buffymitch
The poster could have been better but i still like it.

Kes
is the poster that pic where she is wearing a wierd gray suit?

buffymitch
Yes that's the one. Do you like it??

Kes
I like the old look better and the suit is really ugly!But hey, who cares! what i want is to see the movie!when is it coming out? July 25th right?!huh

buffymitch
in chronicles she wears on just like it only black leather and yes the movie opens july 25th. I hope it sets another record

Kes
dont really know much about the game. it would look cooler if it were leather!stick out tongue Kinda like x-men or something!

buffymitch
It does sound cool but they have to stay true to the game. I wonder if they have dogs and that sort of stuff.

808Morpheus
I too am hoping that they stay true to the game. I have always enjoyed playing the games on PS1 and am looking forward to this sequel. Whether or not it will be record breaking, I sincerely doubt it. I am just wondering if it will do better than the first one? what types of surprises does the director have for us in this sequel. It is often hard to find a movie that will do better than its predecessors. None the less, i have a good vibe towards the film, and usually my vibes are right on the money. so we will see how it goes. Are there any Reese witherspoon fans here??

Prototype_Angel
I hope this time they make the plot much better...
hope not another action packed movie smile

glenn
I enjoyed the first film very much althouth there was not very much action in it. Hope that the second one will be just as good with a lot more action in it.

glenn
I enjoyed the first film very much althouth there was not very much action in it. Hope that the second one will be just as good with a lot more action in it. cool cool

skule
Sadly guys and girls, i feel asleep at the first tomb raider(ok i had a long day before) but still, i honestly thought it sucked so bad, the only plus point was..........angelina looked soooo hot in that movie, anyways yes if ever there was a perfect casting for a movie, she is Lara Croft no doubt! I will give the 2nd the benefit of the doubt and check it out.

buffymitch
I do think that Jan de BOnt made the plot a bit more interesting. he did make a few good movies and with tomb raider you have so many options.

808Morpheus
I am looking forward to the Tomb Raider film being a pretty decent film. I agree that Angelina Jolie is the perfect Lara Croft. Hopefully, the film will not be a disappointment.

spideyfreak88
I think the 2nd one looks much better than the first one. I am a huge fan of tomb rider so i am hoping evil face

808Morpheus
Excellent, I am sure that it will not be a disappointment, at least from what the trailer has provided, mind you.

Slybaghouse
Maybe it's just me but Angelina Jolie looks hotter in this one, makeup maybe laughing out loud

808Morpheus
Could be make up, could be age, at any trate, it wil be interesting to see how it turns out!!

buffymitch
Hey tomb raider fans i just read something very dissapointing on the imdb website. Someone theere claims he saw an advanced screening and said that the movie sucked big time. Hea said that it was just as bad as the first one. This kinda put me down. i don't know about you guys but the first movie was not all that great. (but i still love it don't get me wrong) I first had to watch a few times to see that it was not all that a great movie. There was not a lot of action (though GREAT action) Lara Croft her character was not exactly true to the game. I have watched the col trailer and that rocks. I hope that the critics don't make this a bad movie beacuase that is what kinda happened to the first film. Critics made it look bad. COL seems to have more Style, action and even a romance. I still belive i'm ganna love this movie but i'm affraid it will be bad-mouthed by the critics. And i just hate when that happens to a good movie. Especially a movie that kinda changed my life (the first one)

Godshinto
I diagree with you there buffymitch I also have seen the advanced screening part of this movie it was 1/2 of the movie and from what I Saw it looked like a good movie, what ruined it was the Jeep Wrangler such an upset what an ugly Jeep. I have seen the first one also and I think they did it ok Angelia Jolie is great as the Tomb Raider.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00003CXZ1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

buffymitch
thanx godshinto that actually cheers me up. now i feel a bit confident again.

Godshinto
I already have the Movie on DVD I just haven't had time to watch it yet anyways it's always better in theaters, unless you have the same kind of home theater like I do.

Kes
This movies is gonna rock

I hope blink

808Morpheus
I am confident that Tomb raider will do well. I have view the preview and it looks decent and since they have Angela back playing the character, I am sure she will help the film score big!!

Godshinto
I wouldn't mind scoring big with Angelia Jolie

Kes
lol

edwinian
That is great...I am sure that the person at IMDB was just throwing out something crude and crass to be a jerk...going on what you guys say and the fact that I like the vidoe games and enjoyed the first one for summer entertainment- this one should be better than the first and I am going to go to it for sure.

My boyfriend will also be going to it to see Jolie in that hot silver suit!

Psycho_Killer
you have to remember to take "critics" with a grain of salt. It is much easier to be negative about films for most of these people. I loved the games, i thought the first movie wasn't bad, and most importantly, Angelina Jolie is sooo hot as Laura Croft. I mean, have you seen the preview for this movie..... I mean, did you see that silver getup...... mmmmmmmm silver croft

Billybobbed
i think this one looks much better than the first... i heard that angelina would only agree to do the second one if there were some major improvements-- starting with the script. i thought the first one was really entertaining, and by the looks of the trailer, this one is even more action-packed. can't wait!

Godshinto
I just can't wait to see Angelia Jolie again playing the British Bombshell she's so sexy with that accent.

Ziggyzaz
i can't wait to see the next TR i loved the first one and have some high hopes for the next one

Godshinto
Well it plays out to be a great movie how can't a movie about Pandora's Box be good.

edwinian
Yeah...I am really cuirous about Pandora's Box and agree that it will make a great movie...nice to hear that it does play out really well..thanks for that info!

Godshinto
Hey I try good movie recomend everyone seeing it atlest once.

Psycho_Killer
godshinto, you are right about her accent, that is something special. I also thought i remembered reading something about this film having a more time and effort spent on the script (a la what billybobbed said) I have high hopes for cradle of life

Cinemaddiction
Bump and move.

Acherontia
WHAT? Why do you bother bumping a Dead Thread? Are you THAT bored? Last post in 2003, Why the hell would you go abck that far in forum, besides making small use of your Moderating "Powers", Seriously, if your bored, URL

~dorkerina~
never played the game but i lurve gerard butler in teh second film!!!! love

Blue Dragon
I enjoyed the films, I have both. Wonder if they'll make more...If you like action, guns, fights, fantasy & things that come alive, then see both of them. Go now, run!

Lady_Wonka
well you guys are talking to a long life tomb raider fan ( 8 years now!), i know most things about the subject! ask me anything!!!

Wolfie
I enjoyed the first film. It was a fun movie though that whole kicking the swinging column thing always bugged me. But I loved when she was turning the knife around. That was awesome.

Never got around to seeing the second film.

Lady_Wonka
same i thought the film wasnt exactly the best im more into the games and the comics!

Blue Dragon
The knife turning was awsome, very cool! cool yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.