Ships

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthBorgie
I was just wondering, how do we get to a ship like the Naboo Starfigheter, to a ship like the X-wing. What is the timeline of transportation in the history of Anakin? How will he get around?

finti
I guess Anakin gets around by some sort of spaceship, beats walking, if I read you right I think what you are saying is how do a ship develop from Naboo starfighter to an x-wing.
Reaserch, more advanced technology basicly just like on earth products improve by time.
Timeline of transportation, well In ANH Han says Falcon made the Kessel run in 12 para sec. Guess they use another time scale than we do on earth.

Ratcat
But I don't think that's a fair statement. The Naboo Starfighter is ingidinous top Naboo whilst the X-Wing, etc are galaxy wide productions from Incom.

JediOasis
I think we'll see an early prototype of the X-wing or at least the Y-wing in EP II and/or III.

finti
RC what will you say is the most advanced then x -wing or Naboo starfighter?
I dont care who manufactures them.

Ratcat
Actually, I think they mey almost be on a par with each other. In one of the Ep-I background books (EU I know...) I'm sure I read that Naboo had only recent acquired the ships.
Whilst the X-Wing and Y-Wings seemed very old so they could almost be from the same era.....

DarthBorgie
But if they were from the same era, who would have used them?

finti
Well I think the Naboo starfighters look like kind of cars from the 50`s(designs and stuff) and x-wings is kind of 70`s. If you get my drift.

Ushgarak
I see what you mean, Flintl. The way I heard it, the Prequel Trilogy is an artists' age, while the Original Trilogy is a time of practicality.

And Han Solo's assertion of "Parsec's" as a time rather than a distance is just sci-fi nonsense (a parsec is a distance)

finti
Flintl? ehh it`s FINTI thank yousmile

COREWORLD
Our man Finti! (James Coburn type thing!) smile

queeq
The X-Wings are supposed to be much more advanced. According to EU sources the X-Wing was designed only a few years before ANH. The design was stolen by the rebels who then used the ship from underneath the Empire's nose. So we won't see the X-Wing in the PT. We may see the Y-Wing and perhaps the Z-95 Headhunter.

It's strange, if you play Rogue Squadron the Naboo Fighter is a lot better than the X-Wing, but that seems to be an anomaly.

COREWORLD
I'd say the Y-Wing will put in an appearance during the PT, as they are pretty ancient by the time of the OT. The Z-95 Headhunter, it would be great to see that because it has been mentioned as far back as the old Brian Daley Han Solo novels, maybe we will see Anakin piloting one during Episode III.

Ushgarak
Sorry, Finti. I did actually register how your name was spelt, I just must have been brain-dead on the typing.

Unless George Lucas goes for a deliberate evolution-into-the-OT of the ships, I find it doubtful if we will see any of the 'old' ships in the PT (especially the Headhunter which was never seen on screen and so isn't technically canonical). The only time it was hinted that this would happen was with all those rumours about Mace Windu and the Millennium Falcon.

There is a definitive stylystic differnce in the PT. George wants to exercise the design department to reflect that it really is a different age back then- and doubly so in ship design. WIth the big gap between episodes III and IV there is plenty of time for the Y-Wing to get old and still not be seen in the PT, and I suspect they will stay out of it.

finti
No harm done Ushgarak I often get to excited writing stuff and my spelling is worse than a first grader.smile

Mace Windu and the Falcon? I hope they dont make Mace a distant relative of Lando.

Ratcat
queeq, I can't the the Z-95 making an appearance, I thought they came after the X-Wing.

krautrocker
I would imagine that we will def see the millenium falcomn in one of the next two films. Just simply because from the OT it is obviously an old ship.

JediOasis
I would love to see the Falcon but how would they explain it? Lucas can't just write it in and say "hey look its the Millenium Falcon" Either way Han made all the "special modifications" to make it the ship we came to enjoy.

krautrocker
He could write it in easily , after all he forced us to witness that C3-PO was built by Anakin Skywalker. It could just be docked in a space port , not part of the story buy just a glimpse of it. It will be there.

COREWORLD
Yeah, if any of Episode III is set on Corellia, then the Falcon, which is of the YT-1300 series, would be a familiar sight around there.

Ratcat
Yeah, I agree. It may look a bit different but then again, the extent of Han Solos modifications are never really explained so who knows how a YT-1300 might look.

In the X-Wing Alliance game a number of YT-1300's are featured and they all look pretty much like the Falcon.

Don't even say it's EU, I KNOW!!!

queeq
I thought the Z-95 was older than the X-Wing. I only have the games to go by and it's always crappier than the X-Wing. It feels older.

COREWORLD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.