What you doing May 2002?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Well, as we ALL should remember this is the odd-on month that Episode-II will be released in the US. Us poor Europeans (UBH,Raz Moi) will probably have a 6-8 week wait unless something wonderful happens.

Anyway, I noted that Raz was thinking about going to the US to see the premier. I had also thought about doing this and now I find out that UBH is going to try, work allowing. I also ran this by Dim and she liked the idea.

Soooo, how about it? Meeting up in New York, catch the premier and hang out for a bit. I'm betting some of the longstanding members would also be interested.

I know it's not something everyone can do, school, work and family commitments have to be met and all that, but it could be a blast.

theEviljedi
I know it would be a blast but I doubt I could do it. sad

Dim
Well, I'm there...I just hope I won't be the only one..

UnknownBountyHunter
I'm trying to get there, keep your fingers crossed!!

Ratcat
Well, worst case it's me and you then Dim. I'm sure you could put up with my company for a couple of days at least. wink

Raz
I should hopefully see you there......if I can get the time off work.....and get some money together.
BTW, how much does it cost for a trip to America (from UK)?

Ratcat

UnknownBountyHunter

Ratcat
I'm not sure but I based the hotel prices on some I recently booked up online. A reasonable hotel in southern states is about $60.00. Obviously flights vary from country to country but I estimate a return flight at the higher end of the scale to be around DM1800.00 but I could be WAAAYYYYY off.

It seems that there's a lot of positive interest here. I was going to propose that we open up this to the forum because the likes of queeq, DD, Gundark and a few others may be interested.

UnknownBountyHunter
I'll move it! big grin

finti

JediOasis
I've always wanted to go to New York. Ah, what the hell? I could be done with school by then, I'll see what I can do.

Darth Daft
I doubt I could afford it, but I shall do my best!

Ratcat
OK, so who's our spy in New York?

I Guess we'll have to do some investigating into this towards the Fall.

Gundark
I'm about four hours south of New York, so I can probably make it....bring my brother....hey...this could work ! smile

UnknownBountyHunter
We could always search on ICQ for someone with interests in SW and lives in NYC. evil face

Gundark
Ah, UBH, thats why I admire you and your evilness so....laughing out loud

Ratcat
Well, see, here's a thing. Gundy, you're probably our best hope right now for a recon mission. It could be dangerous, but we have faith in your abilities... smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Gundie what are your chances of moving into an apartment across the street from a New York Cinema? laughing out loud

Gundark
Well if Tommy has anything to say about it, about the same chance as the Emporer and Kitster sharing an orange crush in the smuggling compartment on board the Falcon. Hehehe. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Odds on then.... laughing out loud

Dim
Exactly 24,879,989,325 to 1!

Maybe I should try to move to NY eek!

Gundark
"Never tell me the odds." Hmmm...better than sucessfully negotiating an asteroid field. laughing out loud

Cool, Dim....we can meet on the weekends for COCKTAILS !!!! smokin'

Ratcat
Hmmmmm grumble sad

Gundark
But only if she wears her "chick in the purple" outfit. laughing out loud

finti
finti agrees he always been a huge Deep Purple fan.laughing out loud

Gundark
Okay, RC, we'll put a little picture of you in a nice frame at the bar and then you can drink with me & Dimmy. laughing out loud

Ratcat
I doubt that will be necessary Gundy, but thanks for the offer.

Gundark
Why, you're quite welcome smile

Ratcat
ANNNNYYYYYWAAAYYYY

So, looks like we could potentially muster a few people for this. I guess, nearer the time we will have to look at it again.

Gundark
Thought I had a lead on this thing but it crashed and burned. My future mother-in-law is from Germany (which I think you all already know) and has German friends, Fritz and Virginia who live in New York City. Well, they used to. I remembered this and called Wanda (who lives in here in PA) and asked her if they still lived up there. Unfortunatly, Fritz and Virginia have migrated to South Carolina. Sorry, guys......sad

finti
He is a German and called Fritz, well that`s kind of odd.
laughing out loud

JediOasis
I live in Cincinnti, thats about 8-10 hours from NYC. I guess that makes me the closest. stick out tongue

Ratcat
I have a friend in Phily, though he's marrying soon and I don't know if he's planning a move (Fiancees from westcoast)

He heads into NYC quite often for work so I'll speak to him.

Failing that I'll just get on a plane and find out for myself...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.